Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

+11
panki
Darth Dingbat
TheBastardofMandalore
Helix
Sylvia Snow
Maria26
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonjump05
SanghaRen
BastilaBey
15 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki Sun 22 Jan 2017, 9:01 am

SanghaRen wrote:Sorry, it's not a spoiler, but it made me laugh. I just love Pablo's answer. I must say, I never stopped to think about it. I don't think she's shown any interest in men or women so far. Funny that the poster believes that PH not answering means it's confirmed. Maybe she can be whatever because it's just not important to the story?

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Img_0516
@SanghaRen

I agree with you about this....maybe she is so occupied with her family troubles, her Mandalorian heritage and the revolution....that romance is just not a priority for her. I think this question arose because YouTuber Urban Acolyte made a video where he felt Sabine could be a lesbian...not based on anything per se....just what he would like to see happen.

Maybe it is the EU fan in me...but I want Sabine to become a canon version of Shae Vizsla, the Mandalorian bounty hunter who reluctantly becomes Mandalore the Avenger to unite her people (though Shae Vizsla lived in the Old Republic era and fought against the Eternal Empire).

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Latest?cb=20101102223817

And while I prefer Kanan-Hera to be the only romance in rebels, I recently developed a mild interest in a Sabine-Ezra romance.....partly because he obviously has feelings for her so it would be sad if they remained totally unrequited....but also because we don't see Mandos in the OT rebel faction I wonder whether Ezra might have to choose between being a jedi and a Mandalorian...which means he might leave the rebellion and hence survive the OT after all and not cause a continuity error.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki Tue 24 Jan 2017, 11:03 am

Doea anyone else think the darksaber could be a canon version of the forcesaber from Dawn of the Jedi?

The forcesaber was an ancient rakatan weapon which channeled the dark side of the force and its owner became susceptible to the dark side with every use of the weapon. This weapon caused a schism in the jedaai order in legends. Pre Vizsla seemed to be a not so nice character....maybe Sabine will also become a darker character as she uses the darksaber.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 War-fleshraiders1

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:04 pm

@panki

Absolutely. That's the first thought that came to my mind. I am kidding. Average SW Fan here Very Happy I have no idea what rakatan means or who pre Vizsla is. Hello Wookieepedia.

I am honestly quite sure none of the Star Wars Rebels main characters are going to become really dark. Even if Sabine flirts with darkness, she will not become dark. I just do not think that this is the goal of the series. If you look at the dynamic of the series, nearly all episodes - except the ones working in pair - end up with a lesson to learn for one or more character(s). Last episode too. This is not the format of a series that is meant to grow darker. I think it will keep this family-friendly tone - I don't know how else to describe it - until the end.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 24 Jan 2017, 12:27 pm

@SanghaRen

If they follow TCW, which was also an animated TV show seen by kids, they can get pretty dark....for instance, when Maul decapitates Pre Vizsla with the darksaber, we see his head roll away... Shocked Also, Dave Filoni has said that not everyone will survive the series....so they definitely can go down a dark path.

But even if they decide to be family friendly, the darksaber can always be explored in movies or a novel....RO already hinted an imperial project with a name hinting the darksaber...I think it is dark sword....don't remember.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 24 Jan 2017, 1:24 pm

@panki

I think they can go dark, definitively. I just don't think any main character will go the whole Anakin/Vader way. Unless they go with the fact that their audience has grown and decide to focus on them. But then they might have to change the parental guidance. In Germany it's 6 for Rebels, 12 for TCW.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 24 Jan 2017, 1:32 pm

SanghaRen wrote:@panki

I think they can go dark, definitively. I just don't think any main character will go the whole Anakin/Vader way. Unless they go with the fact that their audience has grown and decide to focus on them. But then they might have to change the parental guidance. In Germany it's 6 for Rebels, 12 for TCW.
@SanghaRen

I don't think they need to make the main characters go all dark etc., especially with the emphasis on exploring the middle ground in the force like the Bendu......but I also see a certain amount of darkness seeping in where Sabine might have to choose between loyalty to Mandalore and to the rebellion.....or maybe something happens to her brother (the rebels have a tendency to abandon their own in times of crisis- the RO team being a big example) and she leaves the rebellion....and Ezra might end up joining her, whether because of his feelings or because he sees flaws in the rebellion as well.

We need explanations to deal with plot holes as to why there are no Mandos in the rebellion, why Luke would be the last jedi when Kanan and Ezra existed just a few years before, why Kanan, Sabine and Ezra seem to be a forgotten chapter of the rebellion (Hera and Chopper appear in RO)....I am hoping it is not because they die....maybe that is why I am looking for an explanation....and the darksaber being a channel for the dark side means they leave the jedi way behind (it doesn't necessarily mean they turn evil).

But speaking of dark.....a few episodes back, they showed Murad Sumar getting blown up when Thrawn makes him operate a speeder he sabotaged and they showed bits of wreckage and his burnt up broken helmet  landing on the ground, implying he was in bits and pieces all over the room....we even see the scorch marks in places (we've seen decapitations in previous seasons, Kanan's graphic blinding and the seventh sister get brutally killed by Maul).....I think they do make the show go really dark occasionally....but when they do, it is normally for the sake of a good story and not for shock value.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 24 Jan 2017, 2:08 pm

@panki

I guess I don't see it dark because it still ends well. At 6 you start watching also stuff that includes death, pain and sadness. It's part of the learning process. I think US is 7 for Rebels. I guess the difference is whether it's one scene or the whole episode that is gloomy. However it's quite a jump between age 6 and 12 or 7 and 13 in the US. As I said they might darken it, but will also get rewarded with a stricter PG. I read somewhere that TCW also started with a lower PG and then it was put higher because the tone became darker. It's true that Season 1 of Rebels seemed lighter and seasons 2 and 3 seem darker. I actually wonder if the PG can be changed in the course of a season.

I am sure they will explain some plot holes. PH is involved! I am just not convinced that it automatically means very bad things happen. To me leaving the Jedi way would actually be a good thing Smile

Would be interesting to ask Filoni about whether the show will go darker to adapt to their audience growing up. I think PH once said TCW did not appeal to its audience anymore because said audience had grown out of watching such animated series.

Sorry, working in Marketing for some years now, I am curious about the demographics they target. Can't help it.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 24 Jan 2017, 3:06 pm

I guess I don't see it dark because it still ends well. At 6 you start watching also stuff that includes death, pain and sadness. It's part of the learning process. I think US is 7 for Rebels. I guess the difference is whether it's one scene or the whole episode that is gloomy. However it's quite a jump between age 6 and 12 or 7 and 13 in the US. As I said they might darken it, but will also get rewarded with a stricter PG. I read somewhere that TCW also started with a lower PG and then it was put higher because the tone became darker. It's true that Season 1 of Rebels seemed lighter and seasons 2 and 3 seem darker. I actually wonder if the PG can be changed in the course of a season.

I am sure they will explain some plot holes. PH is involved! I am just not convinced that it automatically means very bad things happen. To me leaving the Jedi way would actually be a good thing Smile

Would be interesting to ask Filoni about whether the show will go darker to adapt to their audience growing up. I think PH once said TCW did not appeal to its audience anymore because said audience had grown out of watching such animated series.

Sorry, working in Marketing for some years now, I am curious about the demographics they target. Can't help it.
@SanghaRen

Actually your analysis of target demographic makes a lot of sense....I think maybe I am interpreting dark differently...but you're right about them always ending episodes on an optimistic note.....when I mean dark episodes, I was talking about isolated incidents that they throw in which make me wonder if I am watching a kid's show....but of course, they don't happen in every episode.

My thinking is that if Kanan and Ezra incorporate a bit of the dark side of the force (which doesn't mean something that has to end tragically), they wouldn't be jedi any longer...so they don't need to be killed off for continuity sake.... I also want to see more of how the rebellion weren't always the good guys ....or even if they were the good guys, they had bad elements in it....I don't think the rebellion was one unified cohesive group and am sure a lot of factions got disillusioned and left.....just one look at a couple of those cabinet ministers in RO should tell us that some of them were quite mean....so I feel a great way to explain people not being around is because they got sick of how things were run and left....or maybe they even turned a bit dark because of it (in the case of Sabine, Kanan and Ezra).

I am also sure Disney/LF will sort out the continuity eventually..... but where is the fun in waiting for the answer without speculating how it will be done? Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 24 Jan 2017, 4:11 pm

@panki

It's a good point about the Rebellion. We haven't seen much division yet except for Saw but that was one episode and it was, I guess, a bonus. It'd be interesting to see someone creating trouble in the Rebellion to mirror Kallus being the Fulcrum.

Other topic: were that convorees watching over Sabine's training? To the left of the screen. One comes flying in at the beginning of the scene. If there are convorees, does it make sense there are 3 of them if we go with convor = Ahsoka? I guess there could be normal ones and special ones. Or it's a gathering of non Jedi force user spirits.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Img_0518
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 25 Jan 2017, 10:01 pm

Other topic: were that convorees watching over Sabine's training? To the left of the screen. One comes flying in at the beginning of the scene. If there are convorees, does it make sense there are 3 of them if we go with convor = Ahsoka? I guess there could be normal ones and special ones. Or it's a gathering of non Jedi force user spirits.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Img_0518
@SanghaRen

I'm not sure how it works in canon but in the EU the Nightsisters believe in a parallel spirit world with departed souls becoming plant and animal spirits depending on their totem animal (and they are powerful in that form)...this is the closest parallel I can find to the convorees (in Rebels and TCW) and fireflies that guided Yoda with Qui Gon's voice (in TCW)......the convorees in the Sabine episode dont have the orange and white colour of the convor thought to be Ahsoka.....so you could be right- they might be the souls of other departed force users.....my theory is that they might be the souls of the three jedi padawans who were killed in the "Padawan Lost' episode of TCW as they were hiding with Ahsoka and convorees were first introduced in that episode.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Padawan-pack

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 29 Jan 2017, 5:29 am

Maybe it will never be explained what or who the convorees are in that scene. Maybe it's just to tease the fans and lead them to speculate Smile I just thought it was strange to see one of them fly in like that because your eyes are obviously following it as it joins the two others. A way to say "look, convorees!". I mean, I noticed them and I usually miss such things.

Look at my 2 new companions. This is it. I am not allowed to buy SW merchandizing until the Convention and even then, only if it's something really awesome.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Img_0523
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Mon 30 Jan 2017, 8:41 pm

@SanghaRen this is for you Smile (since we were talking about how cool it would be for Hera and Thrawn to fight in hand-to-hand combat)

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Image12

https://drawingsbyleigh.tumblr.com/post/156602557143/hera-v-thrawn-inspired-by-a-discussion-i-had

(and yeah this is my art...I'm not very good yet)
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 31 Jan 2017, 9:43 am

jakkusun wrote:@SanghaRen this is for you Smile (since we were talking about how cool it would be for Hera and Thrawn to fight in hand-to-hand combat)

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Image12

https://drawingsbyleigh.tumblr.com/post/156602557143/hera-v-thrawn-inspired-by-a-discussion-i-had

(and yeah this is my art...I'm not very good yet)

Thank you Very Happy Come on, this is already very good. I love how focused Hera looks : "You are going down, Thrawn!". You should send it to Dave Filoni. I think he really likes when fans show appreciation for the show.

What are you using? Pencils? I should practise too, but I am more into self-portraits. The type no one wants to see anyway Smile But then I draw for myself. I tried to do smaller and quicker cartoon-like drawings but I think I am just not good at it and I get annoyed very fast too. The only cartoon-like drawings I used to do was Garfield, but that was years ago and I was then drawing greeting cards for family and friends. I tried some time ago to draw Garfield again and realized that I don't remember how to draw him. My cousins and I once did for our grandma's birthday a collection of comic-like drawings of each member of the family. That was quite a lot of work. Each one got 4-5 people to draw with a specific story behind it - I drew for instance one uncle as The Thinker. It was so much fun and was unique - you could really see the 4 different styles. It's kind of sad that nowadays we just buy stuff instead of making stuff. Sorry, I am getting carried away in nostalgia-land.

Keep up the good work! And really you should tweet it to Dave Filoni.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 31 Jan 2017, 9:45 am

I love it, @jakkusun!

Just keep practicing. I always wished I had continued with art. I guess it's not too late. Razz
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 31 Jan 2017, 11:36 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I love it, @jakkusun!

Just keep practicing. I always wished I had continued with art. I guess it's not too late. Razz

No, you're definitively too old...Razz
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Tue 31 Jan 2017, 1:18 pm

Smile thank you @SanghaRen and @FrolickingFizzgig

It's too bad Dave Filoni hasn't been super active on Twitter lately, but maybe I'll still try tweeting it to him.

I'm using the procreate app on an iPad mini with a stylus. Self portraits are the best for practicing making your art more accurate I think because looking in the mirror is a convenient reference. I totally agree with you about making your own cards and things--it's way more meaningful.

jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 07 Feb 2017, 3:29 pm

Trailer for the next episode.

https://youtu.be/tPgjXMi_1qE

I really have to admit something here : I don't get the fascination for Mandalorians. I see many fans expressing the wish to see more of them and I am left scratching my head. Maybe it's because I missed some other SW material, but with what I've seen so far, they look to me as a people that loves to fight too much and (blindly?) follows the guy with the sword. Wasn't Revan's partner a Mandalorian? I know, I know, it's not canon. Can someone explain to me what it is I am missing to join the club of Mandalorians fans?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 07 Feb 2017, 4:07 pm

SanghaRen wrote:Trailer for the next episode.

I really have to admit something here : I don't get the fascination for Mandalorians. I see many fans expressing the wish to see more of them and I am left scratching my head. Maybe it's because I missed some other SW material, but with what I've seen so far, they look to me as a people that loves to fight too much and (blindly?) follows the guy with the sword. Wasn't Revan's partner a Mandalorian? I know, I know, it's not canon. Can someone explain to me what it is I am missing to join the club of Mandalorians fans?
@SanghaRen

I like the Mandalorians...wouldn't say I love them but there is something nice about stories about warrior cultures....I'm taking a guess here but maybe people like them because they're a bunch of non-force sensitives who are some of the best warriors in the galaxy, don't fear force users like the jedi and try to live by a strict code of honor (with some exceptions). They were also a very inclusive culture and allowed any person, irrespective of species or planet, to join their group as long as they followed the Mandalorian way of life....that and the cool costumes probably make them very appealing to some.

Revan's partner/apprentice Malek wasn't Mandalorian...both of them defied the jedi council to help the old republic fight the Mandalorians as the republic was being roundly defeated by them.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 07 Feb 2017, 5:11 pm

@panki

I could definitively see the cool costumes as part of the appeal Smile. It's not my thing, but who am I to judge when I have a fascination for the twi'leks lekku. I don't dislike Mandalorians, I just do not care much for them. But the reasons you mention do make sense. The people no one seems to be able to defeat except themselves when they have their clan battles...

I am bad with names, but I was thinking about Revan's partner in the eponymous book. Somehow I always remember his wife's name Veela, but not his. I just checked and it's Canderous. They're both Mandalorian.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 07 Feb 2017, 8:11 pm

panki wrote:

@SanghaRen

I like the Mandalorians...wouldn't say I love them but there is something nice about stories about warrior cultures....I'm taking a guess here but maybe people like them because they're a bunch of non-force sensitives who are some of the best warriors in the galaxy, don't fear force users like the jedi and try to live by a strict code of honor (with some exceptions). They were also a very inclusive culture and allowed any person, irrespective of species or planet, to join their group as long as they followed the Mandalorian way of life....that and the cool costumes probably make them very appealing to some.

Revan's partner/apprentice Malek wasn't Mandalorian...both of them defied the jedi council to help the old republic fight the Mandalorians as the republic was being roundly defeated by them.
@panki
I agree, the Mandos are a fun group. They could hold their own against the Sith and Jedi (not canon, I know) and yet had no special powers except for sheer will. They have a very ancient Viking-esque culture that resonates with some people I guess. They even had dragons, once upon a time, called Mythosaurs (see my profile pic). Who doesn't love dragons? Kind of like the Targaryens of the SW universe. Their armor is bad a** too.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 07 Feb 2017, 9:59 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
panki wrote:

@SanghaRen

@panki
I agree, the Mandos are a fun group. They could hold their own against the Sith and Jedi (not canon, I know) and yet had no special powers except for sheer will. They have a very ancient Viking-esque culture that resonates with some people I guess. They even had dragons, once upon a time, called Mythosaurs (see my profile pic). Who doesn't love dragons? Kind of like the Targaryens of the SW universe. Their armor is bad a** too.
@TheBastardofMandalore

I read an exchange between a fan and Pablo, the fan had a pretty good theory that Mandos are hiding their force sensitives from the Jedi. Pablo did not confirm, but I thought it was an interesting thought.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 08 Feb 2017, 11:16 am

@TheBastardofMandalore

They had dragons? Now I am interested. I LOVE dragons. Bring the dragons back in the canon! At the same time, it would become too close to typical fantasy stories so maybe not such a good idea unless they star-wars-ize them. Somehow your profile dragon reminds a little bit of Luke's tauntaun but with bigger teeth.

I am not a GOT fan. I tried because I love fantasy stories and I was expecting a lot more fantasy aspects to it, but I realized that it's very much a rough middle age story with too much incest and violence to my taste. Still, I tried because of the dragons and the wolves, but I can't stand harm being done to animals even in fiction. Usually I stop watching as soon as an animal gets hurt - speaking of tauntaun, my heart was broken when it died. So first time I tried to watch an episode, one guy wanted a wolf's head on a pike and they started to chase the wolf. Gone I was. I tried a second time because of the hype. And here came a scene where the 3 dragons were locked up in a cellar and cried for their human mother as she closed the door. And gone I was again. I do watch the dragon scenes on YouTube and that's all I know and care about when it comes to GOT Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Wed 08 Feb 2017, 5:31 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
panki wrote:

@SanghaRen

@panki
@TheBastardofMandalore

I read an exchange between a fan and Pablo, the fan had a pretty good theory that Mandos are hiding their force sensitives from the Jedi. Pablo did not confirm, but I thought it was an interesting thought.
@spacebaby45678
Ooh, that's very interesting! Pabs silence on the issue might be kind of telling too. Confus
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Wed 08 Feb 2017, 6:59 pm

SanghaRen wrote:@TheBastardofMandalore

They had dragons? Now I am interested. I LOVE dragons. Bring the dragons back in the canon! At the same time, it would become too close to typical fantasy stories so maybe not such a good idea unless they star-wars-ize them. Somehow your profile dragon reminds a little bit of Luke's tauntaun but with bigger teeth.

I am not a GOT fan. I tried because I love fantasy stories and I was expecting a lot more fantasy aspects to it, but I realized that it's very much a rough middle age story with too much incest and violence to my taste. Still, I tried because of the dragons and the wolves, but I can't stand harm being done to animals even in fiction. Usually I stop watching as soon as an animal gets hurt - speaking of tauntaun, my heart was broken when it died. So first time I tried to watch an episode, one guy wanted a wolf's head on a pike and they started to chase the wolf. Gone I was. I tried a second time because of the hype. And here came a scene where the 3 dragons were locked up in a cellar and cried for their human mother as she closed the door. And gone I was again. I do watch the dragon scenes on YouTube and that's all I know and care about when it comes to GOT Smile
@SanghaRen

Yeah, GoT is tough to watch sometimes. I hate it when animals, even fictional ones, are hurt too. I remember watching ROTJ with my parents for the first time when I was little and I crying when the Rancor was killed by Luke. Since then I have always had an aversion to the Skywalkers. They are horrible to animals. Obi-Wan on the other hand loves animals. He even has a herd of Banthas on Tatooine that he calls his family...and he named them all too (yes, it's canon). It's so sweet and horribly depressing at the same time. That poor man...
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Wed 08 Feb 2017, 10:26 pm

Here's the synopses for the remaining 7 episodes. Looks promising. But I am kind of disappointed that the Maul vs Kenobi confrontation might only be one episode. Still, I can't wait. Very Happy http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-season-3-episodes-descriptions-thrawn-maul/

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 5 Img_0010
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next