Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

+11
panki
Darth Dingbat
TheBastardofMandalore
Helix
Sylvia Snow
Maria26
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonjump05
SanghaRen
BastilaBey
15 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 10 Mar 2017, 3:10 pm

panki wrote:OMG..... can't wait to see this episode!!!! Kenobiiiii...... Cool

@panki

Do you think we're going to see Luke cameo on Tatooine. At Tosche station perhaps?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread

Post by panki Fri 10 Mar 2017, 3:11 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:OMG..... can't wait to see this episode!!!! Kenobiiiii......  Cool

@panki

Do you think we're going to see Luke cameo on Tatooine. At Tosche station perhaps?
@Darth_Awakened

I really hope so..... I'd love to see Ezra briefly stop at Tosche Statlon and ask Luke (holding power converters in his hands) for directions... Very Happy

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 10 Mar 2017, 3:26 pm

panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

I really hope so..... I'd love to see Ezra briefly stop at Tosche Statlon and ask Luke (holding power converters in his hands) for directions... Very Happy
@panki

That's exactly what I hope to see Very Happy
It will be both great and hilarious.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Sat 11 Mar 2017, 10:10 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

Very Happy! I can definitely see it happening. I've been re-watching old rebels episodes lately and I've realized that they really throw in little joke references to the movies a lot. I just realized that in the season 2 episode where chopper meets ap-5, the two droids steal a freighter! I can't believe i missed it before but when Hera was like "chopper, you stole an imperial freighter?!?" I was just like LOL somebody should tell Kylo Ren that this has actually happened before. oh my gosh xD

(also: aaaahhhh maul! no! oh no! this episode is going to be aaaahhhh--yeah ill just be screaming the whole time)
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 11 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm

jakkusun wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

Very Happy! I can definitely see it happening. I've been re-watching old rebels episodes lately and I've realized that they really throw in little joke references to the movies a lot. I just realized that in the season 2 episode where chopper meets ap-5, the two droids steal a freighter! I can't believe i missed it before but when Hera was like "chopper, you stole an imperial freighter?!?" I was just like LOL somebody should tell Kylo Ren that this has actually happened before. oh my gosh xD

(also: aaaahhhh maul! no! oh no! this episode is going to be aaaahhhh--yeah ill just be screaming the whole time)
@jakkusun

Lol.... I forgot all about Chopper and AP-5's freighter theft.....that was a really sweet and fun episode. Smile

As for the Obiwan-Maul episode, I have this weird headcanon that Maul and Obi will have a brutal battle where both get badly injured....then Maul taunts Obi about Satine, Obi gets enraged and defeats Maul....Maul tells Obi to kill him and be done with it....but Obi says he forgives Maul and doesn't kill him. Then they are attacked by Tuskens....as they are overwhelmed due to their injuries, Maul force pushes Obi away so he can escape and then Maul fights the Tuskens alone until he dies... that would make me sad but would give Maul a very hopeful and honorable ending but let him remain a dark side user.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sun 12 Mar 2017, 3:17 am

Exciting! It looks like clan Wren is going to join the Rebels in the fight against the empire. Someone posted a trailer for the season 3 finale on the Making Star Wars site. Very Happy

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/03/star-wars-rebels-season-3-finale-tv-spot/
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 14 Mar 2017, 6:55 am

The Double Agent Droid episode was a cute filler.....here are the things that got my attention:

- We get to check out a "refresher"/space loo in SW.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 Double-agent-droid-star-wars-rebels

- Hera got to bring out her Mom side and teach imperials not to mess with her loved ones.

- They changed the scene briefly before the villain's head exploded but we got to see his eyeballs go white (pushing the envelope for an animated show). It reminded me of Remi's death in Empire's End.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 0

- And my favourite scene in the whole show...AP-5 floating with baby Neebrays in space and breaking into song. Very Happy

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 Cute

Curiously Neebrays are also found on Tatooine....is this a nod to the next episode? (Obi vs. Maul)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Tue 14 Mar 2017, 1:34 pm

panki wrote:The Double Agent Droid episode was a cute filler.....here are the things that got my attention:

- We get to check out a "refresher"/space loo in SW.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 Double-agent-droid-star-wars-rebels

- Hera got to bring out her Mom side and teach imperials not to mess with her loved ones.

- They changed the scene briefly before the villain's head exploded but we got to see his eyeballs go white (pushing the envelope for an animated show). It reminded me of Remi's death in Empire's End.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 0

- And my favourite scene in the whole show...AP-5 floating with baby Neebrays in space and breaking into song. Very Happy

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 Cute

Curiously Neebrays are also found on Tatooine....is this a nod to the next episode? (Obi vs. Maul)
@panki

Yes it was a fun episode! Loved the AP-5 scene.

The villain was also designed to look like Pablo Hidalgo a little bit, haha. I totally thought he reminded me of Pablo when I was watching. He even sounded like him, but was actually voiced by Josh Gad. But I read that Pablo did the temporary voices. Haha
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 14 Mar 2017, 5:00 pm

Pablo Hidalgo? Now that you're saying it @jakkusun , it's true. I kept wondering why he looked familiar. I love when Hera gets angry. Go girl! But where is Kanan? I miss him Sad The AP-5 scene at the end is so unexpected, but it works! Cute.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sat 18 Mar 2017, 3:08 am

"Twin Suns" was....meh!  Neutral

TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 18 Mar 2017, 5:51 am

I haven't seen the entire episode yet, but I couldn't help but spoil myself by watching a clip of the duel, and I thought it was perfect in all its minimalism.

I thought it did justice to Obi-Wan's character, and I found it very moving how Maul realised in the end who the real enemy was. A poignant end to a broken man - to some like Palpatine, the Dark Side gives power, and to others, it gives nothing but pain, anger and insanity.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 18 Mar 2017, 6:08 am

Just watched it. As I haven't been in Rebels so much, I didn't know what to expect.

The episode worked for me.
I liked the trigger Maul used to provoke Obi to fight.

Something that made me think about Luke on Anch-To: Hera telling to Ezra : "Do you really think that If General Kenobi was alive, he would hide on some backwater planet instead of fighting with us?"
Same question fans have been asking since TFA - what's the real reason of Luke hiding on Anch To.

One more thing I don't think I understood: Dying Maul asking Obi was it The Chosen One?
Is this a reference to Luke? to Anakin?

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 18 Mar 2017, 6:17 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
One more thing I don't think I understood: Dying Maul asking Obi was it The Chosen One?
Is this a reference to Luke? to Anakin?

@Darth_Awakened

Luke, I believe.

I thought Obi-Wan originally believed it was Anakin, then believed it was Luke instead, and then it turned out it was Anakin after all... or something. Then again, Luke and Anakin were both necessary pieces of the puzzle - without Luke the Sith wouldn't have been destroyed, so Obi-Wan wasn't wrong to say that, exactly.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Sat 18 Mar 2017, 6:17 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:I haven't seen the entire episode yet, but I couldn't help but spoil myself by watching a clip of the duel, and I thought it was perfect in all its minimalism.

I thought it did justice to Obi-Wan's character, and I found it very moving how Maul realised in the end who the real enemy was. A poignant end to a broken man - to some like Palpatine, the Dark Side gives power, and to others, it gives nothing but pain, anger and insanity.
@Darth Dingbat

Same here, I just had to spoil myself and watch the clip. And I agree about it being well done. I didn't need a battle, I needed the emotional closure and mutual respect between Maul and Kenobi. The music was also really good.

Also it's really hard to tell that Kenobi even sliced Maul? It seems most ppl say that is what happened, so I suppose it did, but I kind of prefer to think that he died because when it came down to it, he realized he didn't really have the hatred he was trying to hold on to anymore, and by losing that hatred, he lost the only thing really keeping him alive. :/ it doesn't really make a lot of sense but I prefer it as a headcanon I guess. Though he still wanted vengeance even with his dying breath, but he seemed to have forgiven Kenobi. I guess I just wished for him to have progressed away from obsessive revenge, but I suppose part of the tragedy is that he never does escape from the revenge cycle.

But that's just my self-indulgent wishful thinking. xD I think it was really well done. I like how people are talking about how it is like samauri movies, where the battles are short like that. I cried when I watched the clip, tbh, because it's just so dang tragic.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sat 18 Mar 2017, 6:30 am

jakkusun wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:I haven't seen the entire episode yet, but I couldn't help but spoil myself by watching a clip of the duel, and I thought it was perfect in all its minimalism.

@Darth Dingbat

Same here, I just had to spoil myself and watch the clip. And I agree about it being well done. I didn't need a battle, I needed the emotional closure and mutual respect between Maul and Kenobi. The music was also really good.

Also it's really hard to tell that Kenobi even sliced Maul? It seems most ppl say that is what happened, so I suppose it did, but I kind of prefer to think that he died because when it came down to it, he realized he didn't really have the hatred he was trying to hold on to anymore, and by losing that hatred, he lost the only thing really keeping him alive. :/ it doesn't really make a lot of sense but I prefer it as a headcanon I guess. Though he still wanted vengeance even with his dying breath, but he seemed to have forgiven Kenobi. I guess I just wished for him to have progressed away from obsessive revenge, but I suppose part of the tragedy is that he never does escape from the revenge cycle.

But that's just my self-indulgent wishful thinking. xD I think it was really well done. I like how people are talking about how it is like samauri movies, where the battles are short like that. I cried when I watched the clip, tbh, because it's just so dang tragic.
@jakkusun

Same.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 18 Mar 2017, 3:43 pm

Watched the clips....it was an excellent episode!

I had all these headcanons of Maul sacrificing himself, Ezra plunging into the dark side by killing Maul, Kenobi giving Maul another drubbing...but what we finally got in their final confrontation was unexpected and really good.  

It is also a little sad seeing Maul finally die... since the poor guy was kidnapped by Palps as a little child, he never got to experience much happiness (though he did experience some love from Talzin especially when she sacrificed herself for him). I also agree with @jakkusun - I'd like to think that Maul didn't get killed by Obi-wan but let go of his hate and gave up his desire to live, a little like Darth Sion in the EU. Maybe the force revealed this to him as Obi defeated him and cut his lightsaber? I got a lump in my throat when Obi held a dead Maul in his arms and the Moons formed a spotlight over them. Sad

Things that got my attention:

- I think Maul was referring to Anakin, not Luke as the 'Chosen One'...I think it has been confirmed that Anakin is the Chosen One....Also, technically Anakin avenged Maul, Obi-wan etc. by destroying Vader (within himself) and Palpatine, ending the Sith Order.

- Kenobi tells Ezra him that the future changed with his turning up on Tatooine- will this have some implication on the long term fate of the Rebels crew?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 18 Mar 2017, 3:54 pm

panki wrote:Watched the clips....it was an excellent episode!

I had all these headcanons of Maul sacrificing himself, Ezra plunging into the dark side by killing Maul, Kenobi giving Maul another drubbing...but what we finally got in their final confrontation was unexpected and really good.  

It is also a little sad seeing Maul finally die... since the poor guy was kidnapped by Palps as a little child, he never got to experience much happiness (though he did experience some love from Talzin especially when she sacrificed herself for him). I also agree with @jakkusun - I'd like to think that Maul didn't get killed by Obi-wan but let go of his hate and gave up his desire to live, a little like Darth Sion in the EU. Maybe the force revealed this to him as Obi defeated him and cut his lightsaber? I got a lump in my throat when Obi held a dead Maul in his arms and the Moons formed a spotlight over them. Sad

- I think Maul was referring to Anakin, not Luke as the 'Chosen One'...I think it has been confirmed that Anakin is the Chosen One....Also, technically Anakin avenged Maul, Obi-wan etc. by destroying Vader (within himself) and Palpatine, ending the Sith Order.

- Kenobi tells Ezra him that the future changed with his turning up on Tatooine- will this have some implication on the long term fate of the Rebels crew?
@panki

That's why it confused me. I understood the Maul question as who did you protect? The Chosen One?
Obi's answer is yes - but it's obviously not Anakin he protects, but Luke.

Was it one of Kenobi's trade marks: The Chosen One - but from certain point of view?
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 18 Mar 2017, 4:39 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:

@panki

That's why it confused me. I understood the Maul question as who did you protect? The Chosen One?

Was it one of Kenobi's trade marks: The Chosen One - but from certain point of view?
@Darth_Awakened

It could definitely be one of Obi-wan's certain point of view replies.....maybe he is indirectly protecting Anakin by bringing him back to the light through his son? Confus

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 18 Mar 2017, 4:54 pm

panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

It could definitely be one of Obi-wan's certain point of view replies.....maybe he is indirectly protecting Anakin by bringing him back to the light through his son? Confus
@panki

Actually, given the ANH Kenobi I don't think so. I have an impression that Obi lost all of his hopes regarding Anakin (more machine than a man). Luke's success with Anakin's redemption was actually based solely on Luke's feelings, hopes and determination. And all it was in completely contrary to Kenobi's and Yoda's advices.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 18 Mar 2017, 5:22 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

@panki

Actually, given the ANH Kenobi I don't think so. I have an impression that Obi lost all of his hopes regarding Anakin (more machine than a man). Luke's success with Anakin's redemption was actually based solely on Luke's feelings, hopes and determination. And all it was in completely contrary to Kenobi's and Yoda's advices.
@Darth_Awakened

You could be right....I'm going on the old novelisation of ROTJ but in it Obi-wan waiting to teach a dying Anakin the secret to becoming a force ghost and declares that he fulfilled his role as the chosen one so my thinking is that Obi-wan never quote gave up hope on Anakin (even keeping his old lightsaber instead of leaving it on Mustafar).

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 18 Mar 2017, 5:33 pm

panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

You could be right....I'm going on the old novelisation of ROTJ but in it Obi-wan waiting to teach a dying Anakin the secret to becoming a force ghost and declares that he fulfilled his role as the chosen one so my thinking is that Obi-wan never quote gave up hope on Anakin (even keeping his old lightsaber instead of leaving it on Mustafar).
@panki

It was after the redemption moment not before - and it was something confirmed by Pablo that Anakin got a little help from another side how to become a Force Ghost. I think as well that keeping the lightsaber was a sentimental move by Obi, or he already had future plans with it - he knew that Anakin would become a father very soon.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 18 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

@panki

It was after the redemption moment not before - and it was something  confirmed by Pablo that Anakin got a little help from another side how to become a Force Ghost. I think as well that keeping the lightsaber was a sentimental move by Obi, or he already had future plans with it - he knew that Anakin would become a father very soon.
@Darth_Awakened

That would mean Obi-wan was wrong and misunderstood the prophecy of the chosen one, I guess....I could live with that....I know it is canon Anakin got help from Obi-wan to become a force ghost....but I still am on the fence as to how irredeemable Obi thought Anakin/Vader was....maybe I am drawing a parallel to Dark Disciple, but Ventress is in a similar situation where she takes Vos's lightsaber just before he turns to the dark side...she later returns it to him explaining that she was keeping it safe for him till he returned to the light side again.....so wouldn't the same logic apply here as well?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Mar 2017, 6:22 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
panki wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

@panki

@Darth_Awakened

I agree with your reading of it. Slightly off on a tangent but still relevant - I once asked Pablo if Force ghosts were all knowing and he said they were not because of how wrong Obi-Wan was about Vader being past the point of no return. So it seems like Obi-Wan had given up on Anakin during his lifetime and didn't even gain any other worldly foresight into the matter when he became a force ghost.

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Sun 19 Mar 2017, 1:22 am

@panki

Good thought! I didn't really understand how anything was altered since Ezra just went home and Maul died and nothing really happened to change things much, but maybe there will be implications later on, maybe with how Kanan and Ezra can still be alive (or not?) during the OT...

----
Also on my gosh I can't believe the Star Wars Twitter posted this maul tribute and they made a maul shrine on recon. Idk if I should laugh or cry oh my gosh.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/843266031384588288
https://twitter.com/scott_bromley/status/843333600472846336
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 20 Mar 2017, 4:27 am

jakkusun wrote:

@panki

Good thought! I didn't really understand how anything was altered since Ezra just went home and Maul died and nothing really happened to change things much, but maybe there will be implications later on, maybe with how Kanan and Ezra can still be alive (or not?) during the OT...

----
Also on my gosh I can't believe the Star Wars Twitter posted this maul tribute and they made a maul shrine on recon. Idk if I should laugh or cry oh my gosh.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/843266031384588288
https://twitter.com/scott_bromley/status/843333600472846336
@jakkusun

Love the Maul shrine! At one level it finally gives Kenobi the victory he long deserved but on the other hand, I'll really miss seeing Maul around...  Sad

On another note, did anyone else notice the nod to two scenes in Rey's vision sequence in the episode? There are a lot of similarities between Ezra and Rey's lives, with this one being the latest. Luke and Anakin don't have as much in common with Rey as Ezra does.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 Ezra

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Thread - Page 7 Untitled_1

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next