Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts

+61
Apriljandy
Blood Moon
californiagirl
MeadowofAshes
Riri
roguepixie
Darth_marshmallow
special_cases
rawpowah
Teo oswald
thescavenger
IoJovi
nickandnora
12 Parsnips
JustMe
Starliteprism
Let The Past Die
cherrylipstick
giaciak2
Dar-ren19
rey09
lauvamp
MrsWindu
Night Huntress
SheLitAFire
BigDeal2187
shii405
RKR Connection
MyOnlyHope
PalmettoBlue
bashfulblueeyes3
DeeBee
FrolickingFizzgig
Moonlight13
Geralt_Riv
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
AceofWands
Lily Snape
Cowgirlsamurai
Helix
Kessel
Acritiqua
Darth Dementor
Star Wars Connection
KnightsofReyloRen
Reylo Lemon
panki
Birdwoman
MindAndMagic
nonesuch
spacebaby45678
Mana
Little_Boots
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
vaderito
BenRey
Force22
Darth Rowan
65 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts

Post by Star Wars Connection Sun 10 Jun 2018, 5:58 pm

MWAHAHAHAHA! Put on your best dress and prepare to be swept away on a discussion of one of literature and film’s most beloved tropes -- the Villainous Crush!

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Hqdefault
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Tumblr_inline_o6x6d2p5vL1sm2t9u_400

Tina, Felix, Vey, and subject matter expert Prince Lotor of Toei's Voltron: Defender of the Universe discuss what makes us root for villains with monstrous crushes, the four basic shapes their arcs take, and how story structure tells us which arc Ben Solo’s romantic interest in Rey is following.
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Tumblr_p2dds08Uqt1qfs1jqo4_540

Prince Lotor even offers Ben some galactic overlord to galactic overlord advice on winning Rey’s heart.

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Original

Move over, Gary Chapman -- we’ve got these villains’ love languages all figured out!

CREDITS:
Speakers: Tina | Felix | Vey
Video editing: Ellie | Audio editing: Emma
Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLlbPGNQ9_GMfOMxAhUm9Hg

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Empty Re: Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts

Post by DeeBee Mon 11 Jun 2018, 4:50 am

@Star Wars Connection - guys this 'villainous crush' episode was epic. I learn so much from you guys! thanks for everything!
The list at 45 minutes (e.g. 'but he threw her up against a tree!' ) - you could do a whole episode just addressing those fan comebacks!
I've gotta watch the batman movie lol.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 11 Jun 2018, 5:25 am

I shipped Batman and Catwoman in the Nolan movie, so to have that relationship addressed and analysed so thoroughly was a treat.

Genre is so important when trying to figure out where the relationship is going, which is why I have hope that Ben and Rey will work out. I'm tired of doomed love stories and edgy endings. We need more fairy tales and optimism.

Finally, I loved the distinction between the different types of villainous crushes. Thanks for another great episode!
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 11 Jun 2018, 2:12 pm

@Star Wars Connection

I know what I’m doing tonight !! I specifically re-watched The Dark Knight Rises on a recent flight as I’d heard about the parallels between these two sets of characters so it’ll be interesting to see how it will pan out in IX.
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Thu 14 Jun 2018, 9:58 am

Awesome work on the editing, Ellie and Emma.

Awesome to hear Vey again!

And it's always cool to hear Tina and Felix.

Thumbs up
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 14 Jun 2018, 12:01 pm

AceofWands wrote:Awesome work on the editing, Ellie and Emma.

Awesome to hear Vey again!

And it's always cool to hear Tina and Felix.

Thumbs up
@AceofWands

Thank you for the kind words!  We had a fabulous time putting this one together.  Listening to it all over again, ESPECIALLY THE CLODOR PART, makes me lose my stomach all over again from laughing so hard.   Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy Fri 15 Jun 2018, 1:15 am

The parallels between the rey and ben and batman and catwoman is spot on. And im also sure Ben and Rey will follow in their footsteps. Rey stepping away from the Resistance and Ben stepping away from the FO to live happily ever after and take on new identities.

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 15 Jun 2018, 11:23 am

I finally had the chance to watch/listen to the Villainous Crush Trope and Reylo episode and I loved it! Great work (again) guys! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection Sat 16 Jun 2018, 1:24 am

Thanks for all the awesome feedback, guys.
Also, in case you missed it:

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Screen10

Yay for positivity! sunny
Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 16 Jun 2018, 4:39 am

Just wanted to say, I've already listened to the Villainous Crush episode three times. Great stuff.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Empty A Message From Star Wars Connection

Post by Star Wars Connection Tue 03 Jul 2018, 11:07 am

Dear friends,

We want to thank you so much for your support during these two years of Star Wars and Reylo discussion. It's been truly wonderful working on this project and we are very proud of what we have accomplished together.
How SWC has grown:

Congratulations to everyone involved in this project and thank you very much for all the hard work you've put in. Your talent, creativity and love of Reylo has been truly appreciated and it has meant a lot to the community. We also want to thank the community at Reylo Skyforum and the larger Reylo community for all the support and encouragement, which has been a large part of the reason for us to continue on with this work.

Now it's time for us to move on to new adventures. Star Wars Connection has come to an end, but we're happy to announce that our team members will continue working in their new Star Wars podcasts, which are listed below.

Star Wars Connection will remain as a Force relic for the community to revisit and discover new favorites.

Thank you and may the Force be with you always!

-SWC

In this final episode of Star Wars Connection, Tina, Felix, Denise and Lee talk about their favorite episodes and their experiences working on Star Wars Connection over the past 2 years.

If you're interested in the discussions mentioned during this episode, please check out our playlist Star Wars Connections' Favorite Episodes, where you can find a list of all of the episodes referenced.

Our teams will continue to collaborate under new "daughter" projects. Find us now on:
Lords of the Sith Podcast:
YouTube: https://youtu.be/sBsddS163tQ
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-568942158
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LordSithPodcast
Tumblr: https://lordsofthesithpodcast.tumblr.com
Email: lordsofthesith.podcast@gmail.com
-
Six Degrees of Kylo Ren:
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyD_MTM5QvIMgQ6s0msLr2g
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sixkylo
Email: sixdegreesofkyloren@gmail.com

Hope to see you there! Thank you again for everything. ^^
Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Tue 03 Jul 2018, 11:32 am

Wait whaaaaat! But.... WHY? SadSad

I'm so sad to see you end! You were the first Reylo podcast I listened to because of your literacy knowledge and depth, I have learned SO MUCH from you guys! I'm going to miss your giggles!

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Tue 03 Jul 2018, 11:52 am

Ahh, I love your podcasts! Sad

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Tue 03 Jul 2018, 11:57 am

But guys, look at the bright side. SWC is actually growing and multiplying:

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 1rpt5c
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 03 Jul 2018, 12:26 pm

This is so sad Sad Why is the podcast ending?

I'll follow the daughter projects (already subscribed on YouTube). Will you be updating us on the forum? I'm going to check out the first Lords of the Sith episode, since I saw you just uploaded one. When is the first Six Degrees of Kylo Ren episode coming out?
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 03 Jul 2018, 12:58 pm

AceofWands wrote:But guys, look at the bright side. SWC is actually growing and multiplying:

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 1rpt5c
@AceofWands

lol! lol! lol! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Tue 03 Jul 2018, 4:30 pm

Sad to see the Connection go :/ But at least there is some alternative on the horizon. I will keep up with your daughter projects Smile
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Tue 03 Jul 2018, 6:32 pm

I just finished watching this last one. It was so weird to reminisce the first podcast I watched when I was wondering if Reylo was a thing. I couldn’t believe it was all there in the Visual Story Telling episodes. You ladies research and articulate so well and I truly learnt so many aspects of Star Wars and literature and all awsom stuff. I agree it’s all stuff I don’t talk about in RL so the podcasts have been a lifeline. I’m really looking forward to hearing both daughter projects
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection Tue 03 Jul 2018, 7:28 pm

@Riri, @Birdwoman, @Man Without A Star, @rawpowah, @MrsWindu, @Everyone: thank you! We really appreciate the support and good wishes.

By the way anybody feeling down please stop by our YouTube or Tumblr: it's a lovefest and it's amazing. ^^

@rawpowah, that is a good question. This account will be inactive once we wrap up, as the two "daughters" will not be podcasts officially representing the forum. That said, the daughter projects team members can continue to update the forum on their stuff using this thread if they want. They can also just post in the regular podcast thread if they want, but being a daughter of SWC conveys a sort of distinction among peers here at the forum lol.

Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 04 Jul 2018, 12:17 am

@Star Wars Connection

First I want to thank you so much for your work! You were the first podcast I stumbled across when I was new to the "reylo idea" and your well researched parallels between TFA (and later TLJ) and other mythology or stories like Pride and Prejudice always fascinated me and helped me understanding movie language and narratives better generally.
I was always looking forward to every episode and rewatched them several times.

I'm sad you will end SWC   Cry  - but I will definitely follow your new projects and never stop rewatch the existing episodes because they're just so good!

Wish you all the best and great success! MTFBWY!!!!  Cheek kiss
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Wed 04 Jul 2018, 12:45 am

As the others have already said I'm a little sad about the news, but I'm also happy to know that there are other projects going on.
Good luck with your new adventures guys! Claps H-beating
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Wed 04 Jul 2018, 10:51 am

Somebody already ruined it lol but I got this screenshot of that perfect moment when it was ALL likes for the final SWC. I've never seen anything like that before. XD

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Screen18

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Wed 04 Jul 2018, 4:27 pm

So sad to see you go. I'm a comparatively new fan and it feels heartbreaking to see this happen. I know, I'm overreacting and I am trying to look forward to the daughter accounts, but it seems to soon!! All the best and wishing you go from strength to strength.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 06 Jul 2018, 3:51 am

@Star Wars Connection - SWC is ending???
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Giphy
LOL! Thanks SWC for sharing the reylo love during the tough times pre TLJ!

All the best with the two podcasts! Lucky us...twice the goodness!
I'm sure both podcasts will 'do' great things!

Thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to check them out!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wars Connection Mon 19 Nov 2018, 7:22 pm

Dear Reylo friends,

We are happy to announce that our daughter project Lords of the Sith Podcast was selected by LF to appear on the podcast stage at Celebration next year!
Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 Screen12

This is a Reylo podcast, so it's safe to say we went from being fearful of wearing our Reylo tshirts at Celebration 2016 to proudly representing Reylo and the female Sith Lord fandom perspective on the saga at Star Wars Celebration 2019. Talk about coming a long way!

Congrats to Lords of the Sith and the Reylo community. ^^

Star Wars Connection + Daughter Podcasts - Page 12 110c10c0823c78285afd2e2ce38c899ba7825455_00
Star Wars Connection
Star Wars Connection
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next