Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rogue One - Spoilers Allowed

+36
ReyofLightSide
Rogue Rey
Darth Dementor
Piper Maru
Geralt_Riv
MoonlitMoss
Marchtwin
Helix
AnneNeville
MindAndMagic
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
Birdwoman
Reynak
rey09
snufkin
IoJovi
BastilaBey
jakkusun
Kyla Ren
Gemini
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
Sylvia Snow
Irina de France
Xylo Ren
CienaRee
SanghaRen
guardienne
Darth_Awakened
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
Kessel
panki
Saracene
40 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rogue One - Spoilers Allowed - Page 4 Empty Re: Rogue One - Spoilers Allowed

Post by Gemini Fri 30 Dec 2016, 4:35 am

Saracene wrote:
Gemini wrote:Can we just talk about the scene that saved the whole movie?

Can we just talk about Vader wiping out a hallway full of people? That is Vader, that is a monster, that is terrifying!

Ommmggg

In the cinema I was just like...I can't even explain
@Gemini

I did enjoy the sight of him going medieval on the Rebels Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I don't know if this was an intended response in a movie where you're supposed to be moved by the sacrifices of the Rebellion etc. But then I also kinda cheer for Palpatine in RotS, so maybe I'm just evil.
@Saracene

You're not alone. I'm the same. Have you seen the fan reaction video to that scene? They are laughing throughout the whole thing because it's an incredible scene and it's how many wanted to see Vader in action for 33 years lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 30 Dec 2016, 4:36 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I can't stop thinking about Vader's castle and wondering if we will see it again...

Rogue One - Spoilers Allowed - Page 4 Vader_10

http://www.slashfilm.com/darth-vaders-castle-rogue-one/
@Mrs Ben Solo

IMO, there's no way they introduced that location for it to only be used in that one scene in Rogue One.

It looks a bit different from that background structure in Rey's Force back (the thing that many of us thought was the Force tree), but I have wondered if somehow the climate on Mustafar changed, and that thing in the background is Vader's castle.

Rogue One - Spoilers Allowed - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_o14s5y7TCb1rgz8jq_500
@ISeeAnIsland

Also lightning may have hit it a bunch of times
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 30 Dec 2016, 6:29 am

Saracene wrote:

Can we just talk about Vader wiping out a hallway full of people? That is Vader, that is a monster, that is terrifying!

Ommmggg

@Gemini

I did enjoy the sight of him going medieval on the Rebels Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I don't know if this was an intended response in a movie where you're supposed to be moved by the sacrifices of the Rebellion etc. But then I also kinda cheer for Palpatine in RotS, so maybe I'm just evil.
@Saracene

Actually every time I see Vader now I think of Anakin.
And bad guy or not,he was one hell of a warrior!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 30 Dec 2016, 7:45 am

Oh god I can't even begin to understand the ramifications if obis saber is in mustafar and that's where ren finds it, again it is bringing obi and anakin connection back into the saga
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Dec 2016, 10:50 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Saracene wrote:

Ommmggg

@Gemini

@Saracene

Actually every time I see Vader now I think of Anakin.
And bad guy or not,he was one hell of a warrior!
@motherofpearl1

The Vader of RO is the Vader we all wanted to see....the dark menacing figure that the rebels (and even imperials) were terrified of....I'm glad they had lightsaber scene in RO.....hopefully some novel or comic will tell us more about the sith cave on Mustafar.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 30 Dec 2016, 10:59 am

It's funny but I don't want Kylo to be like that.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 30 Dec 2016, 11:01 am

Before the thing becomes legal, LEGO will do!

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Fri 30 Dec 2016, 11:57 am

I finally went to see Rogue One a few nights ago. I really liked it and thought it was well done. I enjoyed all the new characters and the Vader stuff at the end. I definitely was happy to see that Lucas film is taking their stories away from the black and white into the grey moral realm. It made the story much more interesting to me. Another thing that I liked was that they seem to be moving away from anyone with the force can only be a jedi. They are diversifying the force users such as Churrit's character (not sure if I spelled his name right) who seems to be force sensitive but more like a priest instead of a warrior. Though he is, he def. uses the force to battle but not with a light saber.

My opinion about whether or not Rogue on was better than TFA. Personally I liked them both. Did Rogue One take more chances than TFA. Yes, but I feel JJ and company had to do what they did to bring back to life the sequel trilogy. I have always felt that TFA was written with all the call backs and nostalgia of the old trilogy to hook the audience and then introduce the new characters. They also subtly, if you watch closely, hint at the direction that Lucas film is taking the new cannon in Star Wars: more grey and complicated/conflicted heroes. They didn't take huge chances for TFA but after seeing Rogue One and the response from the audiences I have big hopes for the next two trilogy movies. I believe they will take those chances with the new movies. I can see Kylo being a lot like Cassian, if he becomes 'redeemed.' Rey like Jyn...not super good or bad. Just a couple of my thoughts. Yes, I did like the vader scenes. I thought they did Vader well in this movie.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 30 Dec 2016, 12:11 pm

Yes!
Cassian and Jyn are the blueprints for what Rey and Kylo will become.
I'd love it if they could somehow refer to the Rogue One team in VIII and IX.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Dec 2016, 12:45 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Yes!
@motherofpearl1

I've read some freaky rumors on reddit......it seems the RO visual guide talks about a project to reanimate the dead which was used on storm trooopers so people are speculating that the RO team were reanimated and are now the KOR..... Rolling Eyes Shocked Evil or Very Mad
However, I do wonder whether the KOR are some sort of reanimated group of baddies from the time of the Empire.....maybe inquisitors or dark jedi?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 30 Dec 2016, 12:56 pm

panki wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Yes!
@motherofpearl1

I've read some freaky rumors on reddit......it seems the RO visual guide talks about a project to reanimate the dead which was used on storm trooopers so people are speculating that the RO team were reanimated and are now the KOR..... Rolling Eyes Shocked Evil or Very Mad
However, I do wonder whether the KOR are some sort of reanimated group of baddies from the time of the Empire.....maybe inquisitors or dark jedi?
@panki

Ibelieve there's a fanfiction out there based on that; I have to admit I'd love that.
What a twist!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2016, 3:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri 30 Dec 2016, 5:13 pm

@Mrs Ben Solo

Very interesting, thanks for link

Glad others are guessing kylo may go there

I really do think that's his castle behind the KOR in that scene and i think it's mustafar and I think it's the past.

The rain may just be prophetic of their other future encounter? Or the climate has changed

If you look closely, it seems like you can't actually see the top of that structure in tfa?

Also quick question to anyone who can answer

Which planet was similar to the name obi wan in rougue one?

Was it the rainy one?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 30 Dec 2016, 5:26 pm

@Mrs Ben Solo

I'm very interested in the sith cave....we have an ancient sith shrine on Coruscant under the jedi temple (Coruscant was one of the places thought to be the location of the first jedi temple according to the Galactic Atlas, I think)....then we have the cave of darkness on Dagobah (again a force strong planet).....since Jakku has a pilgri,s road and all sorts of weird anchorites, I wonder if Jakku also has an underground sith cave or shrine which Palpatine was after..... Jakku sounds a lot like Jedha...maybe it has a similar spiritual history.

Another curious thing- if Vader's castle is like a tuning fork and the opposite of the temple of the Whills, the bifurcation of the towers could represent a crack in the case of Vader's castle, in contrast to the single triangle on Jedha....it reminds me of how the dark side imposes its will on the force in contrast to the light side which follows the will of the force.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 31 Dec 2016, 12:46 am

We saw Rogue One again tonight. I was worried that seeing CGI Carrie at the end would choke me up, but that shot comes immediately after the adrenaline rush of the Vader-in-the-hall scene, so I was okay.

I did tear up a lot worse at the Jyn-and-Cassian on the beach shot this time around. And that scene in the elevator lasted a lot longer than I recalled the first time around. It's pretty much an unmistakable "just kiss already!" moment, or at least, I felt that way on second viewing.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 4:54 am

Gemini wrote:Also quick question to anyone who can answer

Was it the rainy one?
@Gemini

I think one of the planets was called Wobani; might have been the site of the labor camp but I'm not sure.  I believe the rainy one was Eadu, where they found Galen Erso and the weapons research station.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 31 Dec 2016, 5:47 am

Sacrebleu wrote:

Was it the rainy one?
@Gemini

I think one of the planets was called Wobani; might have been the site of the labor camp but I'm not sure.  I believe the rainy one was Eadu, where they found Galen Erso and the weapons research station.
@Sacrebleu

Thank you

There were so many planets in this movie lol
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sat 31 Dec 2016, 11:42 am

I was joking with my husband about the elevator scene between Jyn and Cassian....we are going to die in a few minutes can we make out?
If we get a scene like this in eight between Rey and kylo I will be happy.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 31 Dec 2016, 12:47 pm

Well, if they could do so much with so little in Rogue One, they could do the same in Ep VIII!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sat 31 Dec 2016, 3:24 pm

Sacrebleu wrote:

Was it the rainy one?
@Gemini

@Sacrebleu

You are correct. Wobani was the name of the prison labor camp planet. Eadu was where Galen Erso was located.

There WERE a lot of planets. It seems like they could have combined a few settings without losing anything. For example, did the prison camp need to be on a separate planet from some of the other Imperial occupied planets? And the trading post where Cassian wound up killing the informant, did that really need to be a new/separate setting? I kind of wonder if some of these were being introduced to canon because they'll show up in other things down the line.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 3:34 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:

Was it the rainy one?
@Gemini

@Sacrebleu

You are correct. Wobani was the name of the prison labor camp planet. Eadu was where Galen Erso was located.

There WERE a lot of planets. It seems like they could have combined a few settings without losing anything. For example, did the prison camp need to be on a separate planet from some of the other Imperial occupied planets? And the trading post where Cassian wound up killing the informant, did that really need to be a new/separate setting? I kind of wonder if some of these were being introduced to canon because they'll show up in other things down the line.
@ISeeAnIsland

For some reason I liked there being all those planets, and being told the names.  The frenetic hopping from place to place contributed to the feeling I got of the chaos from a galaxy at war.  More than any other Star Wars film, more than ANH or ESB or AOTC, I felt I was in a galaxy at war.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Dec 2016, 10:40 pm

Star Wars Connection has released their (spoiler-filled) review of Rogue one:

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 01 Jan 2017, 3:46 am

SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 02 Jan 2017, 7:14 am

Gemini wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I can't stop thinking about Vader's castle and wondering if we will see it again...

Rogue One - Spoilers Allowed - Page 4 Vader_10

http://www.slashfilm.com/darth-vaders-castle-rogue-one/
@Mrs Ben Solo

I think we will in episode 8, said something like this a bit earlier in the thread a few days ago:
Gemini wrote:So darth Vader has a castle? there's a castle in the KOR backstory when they are hunting for anakins saber

Vader relics would be In said castle. I'm guessing it will it tie in with the tfa?

Has mustafar surface solidified by the time kylo and co go there to fight a clan for a lightsaber?
@Gemini

In that leaked script from before tfa was released which had the KOR backstory, the location of a saber is in/near a castle. The clan fight against the KOR (who are using a saber against the KOR) the fight against thenclan is said to be in front of a castle in the leaked script. If the KOR are looking for relics of course they would go to vaders castle.

Of course I think it's obi wans saber and Star Wars have hinted at it in that tweet "what do you think darth Vader did with obi wans lightsaber?"

Well if he picked it up, he would take it there. I think the clan steal it there's one scene where it says they are using it as a fire starter.

I also think it's a ruin by the time KOR get there (just opinion)
@Gemini

Vader's castle is a George Lucas concept that predates Kasden & JJ

7:49

Rogue One - Spoilers Allowed - Page 4 Watch?v=l0dY0gPB_oU
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 02 Jan 2017, 6:58 pm

@MyOnlyHope and I FINALLY saw Rogue One today. It was great, pretty much exactly what I was expecting! Saddest moment for me was K2SO's death (I knew I was going to have a soft spot for him before I even saw the movie because he had such sweet eyes in the promos). He was so cute too, ugh. I'm glad all the rumours that the ending was changed turned out to be entirely false. The film really had to have that kind of ending IMO, it was really impactful. I really loved seeing the old temples and learning that the Death Star's weapon was made out of refined kyber crystals. Also, I'm not sure I agree with some statements I've seen elsewhere in reviews and such that there was no romance in this film. There was definitely something between Jyn and Cassien, but it was subtle. You get the sense that it would have gone somewhere had the story not ended when and how it did. Just goes to show you don't need anything overt or forced.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum: