Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II

+67
Gemlake
LesCousinsDangereux
Lucina
bashfulblueeyes3
Starliteprism
Atenais
Kylo Rey
Lily Snape
LadyHa
Kessel
Casper
Rei of Sunshine
rawpowah
Kylo Men
BigDeal2187
DeeBee
Night Huntress
Moonlight13
nite0wl29
BenSoloLives
lauvamp
SanghaRen
MrsWindu
BenOrgana
rey09
Darth Rowan
darthbutterfingers
EchoBase
creepi0
AceofWands
Geralt_Riv
fuhry
Acritiqua
Piper Maru
spacebaby45678
snufkin
Irina de France
SoloSideCousin
SkyStar
Darth Dementor
Pyro Nebula
ReyofLightSide
Darth_Awakened
SheLitAFire
TheBastardofMandalore
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
Saracene
Reylo Lemon
Helix
CienaRee
vaderito
MyOnlyHope
Darth Dingbat
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
ZioRen
BastilaBey
IoJovi
kroi
Xylo Ren
MeadowofAshes
MindAndMagic
reylo1992
Gemini
Rogue Rey
71 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 17 Empty Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by panki Fri 31 Mar 2017, 9:49 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
fuhry wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Yet, there seems to be hereditary royalty on Mandalore, so who and how one becomes the leader of Mandalore is not all that clear. Satine was Duchess of Mandalore but never had the dark saber. We need to wait for clarification on that.@fuhry
@spacebaby45678

There most definitely isn't a hereditary throne on Mandalore and it is made pretty clear in TCW.

tThat is why Fenn Rau told Sabine that she should take the title of Mandalore after she beat Gar Saxon in combat.... this is also why Maul got the throne of Mandalore after decapitating Pre Vizsla after he challenged him in combat. It is also why Bo Katan was made leader of Mandalore after Ahsoka helped her overthrow Maul according to Dave Filoni's TCW concept art.

The position is very clear in canon. The Mandalorian throne is won by combat...not bloodlines.
@panki

Who did Pre Vizla take the throne from?
@spacebaby45678

Pre Vizsla took it from Satine...but that still doesn't make her family the hereditary rulers of Mandalore....it just makes her the Duchess of Mandalore for a certain period of time.

@panki

Satine came to the throne without combat?
@spacebaby45678

Okay...since we're going to make this a Mando history lesson.....Satine was made Duchess because Mandalore suffered a terrible civil war over leadership and she represented a peaceful faction that didn't want to fight anymore. This has nothing to do with her inheriting the throne for hereditary reasons. And lets be clear that not every Mando accepted this new system or the Death Watch wouldn't have been able to take over and depose Satine.

The concept of a "leadership duel"is canon...and that is how the throne of Mandalore is normally passed as Mandalore has a warrior culture.
@panki

Satine was born a Duchess, her father is Duke Adonai
@spacebaby45678

It seems to me the throne is indeed won via combat, but it doesn't seem like the average Mandolorian is able to just stroll in and challenge the ruler.  It seems like the rulers come from the big families.  Except for you know, Darth Maul.

I guess I would amend my post to say that Rey would not be the heir automatically, but might be the child of two great warring families, and force-sensitive to boot, and therefore a viable candidate to be the ruler of Mandalore, and a threat to others that aspired to the throne.
@fuhry

That is a very fair assumption....if Rey does indeed turn out to be Satine's descendant, she would be an extremely strong candidate to compete for the title of Mandalor.
@panki

Interesting qoute from Duke Adonai's wiki

"...Satine Kryze had been sent offworld as a child by her father, a mighty clan warlord, and she fell prey to the lies of the Jedi. After her father perished in the Great Clan Wars, she betrayed his memory by becoming the leader of the New Mandalorians."
―Tor Vizsla[src]

This might be a parallel to Rey being left on Jakku, also, the child actor of Rey said whe had war clothes on.  
@spacebaby45678

I do agree that any warrior group would explain Rey's battle dress...whether it is Mandalorian, Nightsister, Chagrian etc.... even children kidnapped for Brendol Hux's training program. I saw a virtually identical force vision scene to Rey's vision in TCW where a very young Ventress was taken away by an Unkar like character and she is calling out to her mother who was forced to give her up.

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 17 10ifal4

Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 17 Tumblr_inline_o2mtc2i28T1s49fbc_500

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:04 am

panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
fuhry wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Yet, there seems to be hereditary royalty on Mandalore, so who and how one becomes the leader of Mandalore is not all that clear. Satine was Duchess of Mandalore but never had the dark saber. We need to wait for clarification on that.@fuhry
@spacebaby45678

There most definitely isn't a hereditary throne on Mandalore and it is made pretty clear in TCW.

tThat is why Fenn Rau told Sabine that she should take the title of Mandalore after she beat Gar Saxon in combat.... this is also why Maul got the throne of Mandalore after decapitating Pre Vizsla after he challenged him in combat. It is also why Bo Katan was made leader of Mandalore after Ahsoka helped her overthrow Maul according to Dave Filoni's TCW concept art.

The position is very clear in canon. The Mandalorian throne is won by combat...not bloodlines.
@panki

@spacebaby45678

Pre Vizsla took it from Satine...but that still doesn't make her family the hereditary rulers of Mandalore....it just makes her the Duchess of Mandalore for a certain period of time.

@panki

@spacebaby45678

Okay...since we're going to make this a Mando history lesson.....Satine was made Duchess because Mandalore suffered a terrible civil war over leadership and she represented a peaceful faction that didn't want to fight anymore. This has nothing to do with her inheriting the throne for hereditary reasons. And lets be clear that not every Mando accepted this new system or the Death Watch wouldn't have been able to take over and depose Satine.

The concept of a "leadership duel"is canon...and that is how the throne of Mandalore is normally passed as Mandalore has a warrior culture.
@panki

@spacebaby45678

It seems to me the throne is indeed won via combat, but it doesn't seem like the average Mandolorian is able to just stroll in and challenge the ruler.  It seems like the rulers come from the big families.  Except for you know, Darth Maul.

I guess I would amend my post to say that Rey would not be the heir automatically, but might be the child of two great warring families, and force-sensitive to boot, and therefore a viable candidate to be the ruler of Mandalore, and a threat to others that aspired to the throne.
@fuhry

That is a very fair assumption....if Rey does indeed turn out to be Satine's descendant, she would be an extremely strong candidate to compete for the title of Mandalor.
@panki

"...Satine Kryze had been sent offworld as a child by her father, a mighty clan warlord, and she fell prey to the lies of the Jedi. After her father perished in the Great Clan Wars, she betrayed his memory by becoming the leader of the New Mandalorians."
―Tor Vizsla[src]

This might be a parallel to Rey being left on Jakku, also, the child actor of Rey said whe had war clothes on.  
@spacebaby45678

I do agree that any warrior group would explain Rey's battle dress...whether it is Mandalorian, Nightsister, Chagrian etc.... even children kidnapped for Brendol Hux's training program. I saw a virtually identical force vision scene to Rey's vision in TCW where a very young Ventress was taken away by an Unkar like character and she is calling out to her mother who was forced to give her up.

@panki

Just noting something new i had just learned, interestingly, Duke Adonai was mentioned in

Further mention of Kryze's father and his role in Mandalorian history came later that year, in the source booked entitled The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett,

and Satine will surely be in a flashback during Obi Wan's anthology

So maybe there is a connection to Rey there
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:10 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
fuhry wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
@spacebaby45678

@panki

@spacebaby45678

@panki

@spacebaby45678

@panki

@spacebaby45678

@fuhry

@panki

―Tor Vizsla[src]

@spacebaby45678

@panki

Just noting something new i had just learned, interestingly, Duke Adonai was mentioned in

Further mention of Kryze's father and his role in Mandalorian history came later that year, in the source booked entitled The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett,

and Satine will surely be in a flashback during Obi Wan's anthology

So maybe there is a connection to Rey there
@spacebaby45678

I have the Bounty Hunter's Code.... it isn't a canon book so the backstory of Satine's father can completely change in later canon stories.

I am open to all sorts of lineage possibilities for Rey but the canon facts need to add up....right now, the canon facts don't favour Rey Kenobi....but that can always change if something new is revealed...till then, I really don't see it.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 15 Apr 2017, 6:58 am

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned in here yet

So the trailer makes quite a big hint at Rey's lineage I think.

You suddenly hear Rey's musical theme and then it cuts to Leia and you hear the whisper of her line to Obi Wan in the OT "You're my only hope"

Whats more you then have Kylos musical theme connected to Darth Vader breathing in the next shot.

You have, in about 10 seconds a big connection to the grandfathers with both of the main characters Rey and Kylo and their musical themes.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 15 Apr 2017, 9:39 am

I don't particularly believe in Rey Kenobi, but I was SO GLAD to see people reacting to it yesterday. The audience seemed to like it more than Rey Skywalker, and it was priceless Laughing
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:55 am

Gemini wrote:Surprised it hasn't been mentioned in here yet

You suddenly hear Rey's musical theme and then it cuts to Leia and you hear the whisper of her line to Obi Wan in the OT "You're my only hope"

Whats more you then have Kylos musical theme connected to Darth Vader breathing in the next shot.

You have, in about 10 seconds a big connection to the grandfathers with both of the main characters Rey and Kylo and their musical themes.
@Gemini

I think when you just isolate those references in the trailer it continues the snow fight between Kylo & Rey that was so much like the duel between Obikin on Mustafar.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 15 Apr 2017, 12:05 pm

Gemini wrote:Surprised it hasn't been mentioned in here yet

@Gemini

It's now a consistent pattern because starting when she tricks James Bond into letting her go, the rest of TFA for those two mirrors Obi-Wan and Vader in the original movie. So two for two or three for three if you count the Force Back.

My big question is that if she's a Kenobi, how does that figure into how she ended up as an orphan, her parents being missing and likely dead, and the larger machinations Snoke/the FO have been working on for the past 30 years? How is this lineage a potential reason for what we do know, super powerful FS prodigy is left alone at age 5-6 in harsh environment while family disappears, never to return? I had the definite conclusion at the end of TFA that her parents are dead, likely murdered, nobody knows that she survived, and whatever went down is connected to Snoke's larger agenda. And we have confirmation that Snoke targeted Ben because he knew who his mother's actual lineage was. It wouldn't be out of bounds to consider that he might have been tracking any other surviving families, especially with the creepy "The Empire needs children" motif. Were her parents involved in something that put them in the cross hairs? Or were they also found out and targeted because of the lineage? I'm also really curious given the Raiders references and Kasdan's initial involvement where he "made things right" for several story/character details that got vetoed by LF, if he used that for Rey. Because he wrote a whole backstory for Marian that sounds awfully close to Rey being stuck on Jakku after her father's death.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Sat 15 Apr 2017, 3:00 pm

Quotes from the Nightline interview:

Nightline reporter: "Everybody wants to know who you are, where you're from, who your parents are, will that all be answered in TLJ?"
Daisy: "Um, it's very interesting because I didn't know.. Mark was telling me, I didn't know that when Darth Vader said I'm your father, people didn't believe it was true and it was interesting because at the end of TFA I thought everyone was going to be like oh cool, that's been answered. But it hasn't and I think even though a lot of questions are answered in TLJ, I think it's still that thing of um discovery."

Full video: http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/mark-hamill-daisy-ridley-star-wars-jedi-trailer-46814413
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 15 Apr 2017, 4:32 pm

kroi wrote:Quotes from the Nightline interview:

Nightline reporter: "Everybody wants to know who you are, where you're from, who your parents are, will that all be answered in TLJ?"
Daisy: "Um, it's very interesting because I didn't know.. Mark was telling me, I didn't know that when Darth Vader said I'm your father, people didn't believe it was true and it was interesting because at the end of TFA I thought everyone was going to be like oh cool, that's been answered. But it hasn't and I think even though a lot of questions are answered in TLJ, I think it's still that thing of um discovery."

Full video: http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/mark-hamill-daisy-ridley-star-wars-jedi-trailer-46814413
@kroi

I don't know if I'm reading this wrong but this doesn't sound good.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sat 15 Apr 2017, 4:44 pm

ZioRen wrote:

@kroi

@ZioRen

For me it sounds perfect.
And when you take all Daisy's interviews so far on the topic - it's clear she thought the question has been answered in TFA i.e. Rey is not related to anyone of the OT3.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:03 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@kroi

@ZioRen

And when you take all Daisy's interviews so far on the topic - it's clear she thought the question has been answered in TFA i.e. Rey is not related to anyone of the OT3.
@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, maybe Daisy was worried that people still think she is a Skywalker even if it was clear from the movie she wasn't. And Mark was like - ah, it is okey, people also didn't believe when Vader told that he is Luke's father.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:05 pm

Daisy is saying that she thinks the ending of TFA answered the question of who she is. Im also a firm believer that it did answer who she is and have been saying for a year (Reywalkers would try and beat it out of me) and I Also agree with her with the fact that she is in disbelief that people didn't see it as well. I mean hardcore Star Wars fans can't see what it is quite clearly hinting at?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:12 pm

Gemini wrote:Daisy is saying that she thinks the ending of TFA answered the question of who she is. Im also a firm believer  that it did answer who she is and have been saying for a year (Reywalkers would try and beat it out of me) and I Also agree with her with the fact that she is in disbelief that people didn't see it as well. I mean hardcore Star Wars fans can't see what it is quite clearly hinting at?
@Gemini

I think everyone is seeing their favourite lineage theory as the one answered in TFA....and unless LF confirms which theory is the correct one, I think it is unfair to say that any particular theory is being clearly hinted at (and others are not) or is better than other theories.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:25 pm

Gemini wrote:Daisy is saying that she thinks the ending of TFA answered the question of who she is. Im also a firm believer that it did answer who she is and have been saying for a year (Reywalkers would try and beat it out of me) and I Also agree with her with the fact that she is in disbelief that people didn't see it as well. I mean hardcore Star Wars fans can't see what it is quite clearly hinting at?
@Gemini

In the meantime, the question bugging me is, why include an old clip of Leia, saying "Help me Obi Wan" ? Why is that pertinent to this trilogy and does it relate to Rey?

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Sat 15 Apr 2017, 5:25 pm

A lot of the 'questions' that Daisy mentioned were answered in the movie are 'is she a Solo?' and 'is she a Skywalker?'...and apparently it surprised her that people walked away from the movie thinking that she was Luke's daughter, because the movie actually answered that question with 'no she is not a Skywalker'
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Sat 15 Apr 2017, 8:58 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
ZioRen wrote:

@kroi

@ZioRen

@Darth_Awakened

Exactly what I'm thinking!

She uses the ESB reveal as a sort of parallel and says how Vader straight out said he's the dad, but people didn't believe it. Here we have TFA, which does NOT have a direct 'Skywalker/Solo' reveal, so it sounds like she was thinking that it would be enough to at least explain that she's not a Skywalker.... If she's saying 'I thought it would be answered for everyone that she's a Skywalker', that doesn't make sense to me since that was the assumption many filmgoers made, so why would she have felt it wasn't answered for people?
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 16 Apr 2017, 5:26 am

panki wrote:
Gemini wrote:Daisy is saying that she thinks the ending of TFA answered the question of who she is. Im also a firm believer  that it did answer who she is and have been saying for a year (Reywalkers would try and beat it out of me) and I Also agree with her with the fact that she is in disbelief that people didn't see it as well. I mean hardcore Star Wars fans can't see what it is quite clearly hinting at?
@Gemini

I think everyone is seeing their favourite lineage theory as the one answered in TFA....and unless LF confirms which theory is the correct one, I think it is unfair to say that any particular theory is being clearly hinted at (and others are not) or is better than other theories.
@panki

True I think this is happening to some extent.

Im not saying any theory is better in any way by the way..never have and never will, so I don't know why you are putting words in my mouth?. I think some make more sense than others based on what we are actually presented with in TFA and the trailer for TLJ. But that doesn't mean I think any one theory is better..People can see what they want to see..People see different things in a movie..Thats what art is, thats what art creates. I am in disbelief that reywalkers completely missed what the ending means..Daisy has recently explained what it means and so anyone who saw that it meant DADDY or UNCLE! were completely and utterly off the mark...I am in disbelief about it and always have been.

I think reywalkers wanted reywalker from before TFA trailer even came out. They had been sitting there for months prior to this ring to figure out if the lead was a descendent of Luke. So I think that even if the film actually shows you that she is not, they would never believe that.

Rey Kenobi was never a favourite theory of mine before TFA came out...actually before it came out, I went off the trailer and thought, "OK she's a no one". I was honestly completely 100% unbiased and not influenced in the slightest about who she may be. Then I saw the ending and felt that it answered everything.  Straight away I turned round to my dad as we were leaving and said to him that the ending just revealed who she is, Daisy IMO is kind of backing this up with what she's been saying recently. But I agree that it needs to be confirmed in a much more solid  way through LucasFilm.

I think daisy also saying recently in the celebration about Rey and the saber:

"Go and save the galaxy by giving this thing (saber) to Luke"- Daisy Ridley about her journey and what the ending to TFA means

Pretty much solidifies what her entire journey in TFA was all about and what that ending actually means.

1. It never meant nothing or was unimportant to Rey and Luke,

2. It never meant she found a legacy saber and was finding her daddy or uncle

"Go and save the galaxy by giving this thing(saber) to Luke" means that she leaves her solitude on a sand planet to go to Ach-Tu to prompt Luke back onto the quest with his fathers saber. This is why she was called to adventure, this is why the saber calls to her..this is why I believe it is Obi showing her the vision..this is why her belonging lies with the Skywalkers..There's only one other character who shares that kind of journey with her in this entire saga in regards to that saber and Luke Skywalker and Luke's journey.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Apr 2017, 6:26 am

Gemini wrote:I think reywalkers wanted reywalker from before TFA trailer even came out. They had been sitting there for months prior to this ring to figure out if the lead was a descendent of Luke. So I think that even if the film actually shows you that she is not, they would never believe that.
@Gemini

Especially readers of the EU, I think.  They were looking for Vader's grandchildren.  They were looking for Luke's child.

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 6:53 am

Gemini wrote:
panki wrote:
@Gemini

@panki

True I think this is happening to some extent.

Im not saying any theory is better in any way by the way..never have and never will, so I don't know why you are putting words in my mouth?. I think some make more sense than others based on what we are actually presented with in TFA and the trailer for TLJ. But that doesn't mean I think any one theory is better..People can see what they want to see..People see different things in a movie..Thats what art is, thats what art creates. I am in disbelief that reywalkers completely missed what the ending means..Daisy has recently explained what it means and so anyone who saw that it meant DADDY or UNCLE! were completely and utterly off the mark...I am in disbelief about it and always have been.

I think reywalkers wanted reywalker from before TFA trailer even came out. They had been sitting there for months prior to this ring to figure out if the lead was a descendent of Luke. So I think that even if the film actually shows you that she is not, they would never believe that.

Rey Kenobi was never a favourite theory of mine before TFA came out...actually before it came out, I went off the trailer and thought, "OK she's a no one". I was honestly completely 100% unbiased and not influenced in the slightest about who she may be. Then I saw the ending and felt that it answered everything.  Straight away I turned round to my dad as we were leaving and said to him that the ending just revealed who she is, Daisy IMO is kind of backing this up with what she's been saying recently. But I agree that it needs to be confirmed in a much more solid  way through LucasFilm.

I think daisy also saying recently in the celebration about Rey and the saber:

"Go and save the galaxy by giving this thing (saber) to Luke"- Daisy Ridley about her journey and what the ending to TFA means

Pretty much solidifies what her entire journey in TFA was all about and what that ending actually means.

1. It never meant nothing or was unimportant to Rey and Luke,

2. It never meant she found a legacy saber and was finding her daddy or uncle

"Go and save the galaxy by giving this thing(saber) to Luke" means that she leaves her solitude on a sand planet to go to Ach-Tu to prompt Luke back onto the quest with his fathers saber. This is why she was called to adventure, this is why the saber calls to her..this is why I believe it is Obi showing her the vision..this is why her belonging lies with the Skywalkers..There's only one other character who shares that kind of journey with her in this entire saga in regards to that saber and Luke Skywalker and Luke's journey.
@Gemini

"saving the galaxy by giving that thing(saber) to Luke" is very familiar
Rey's Lineage Discussion II - Page 17 Tumblr_inline_o4d3cu8Y9i1u11f25_1280
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 16 Apr 2017, 7:36 am

@Gemini

I'm not putting any words in your mouth.....You mentioned in your post that hard core SW fans cannot see what it (the end of TFA) is clearly hinting at.....so you're clearly saying that some hardcore SW fans are not seeing something obvious that you are seeing- and I am guessing you mean that Rey handing Luke the lightsaber mirrors the scene between Luke and Oi-wan in ANH. There is more than one story in SW that mirrors this very act and this is precisely why I responded to your post, saying that it isnt necessarily obvious.

I am not going to get into an argument with you about this any further as we have debated this for months. I suggest we wait till LF officially confirms which lineage theory is the correct one before stating what is (or is not) an obvious indication of lineage.

As long as she isn't a reywalker or a rey solo, people in this forum will be happy (whether a Kenobi, Palpatine, Imperial, Prana, random, etc).....but that doesn't mean any one theory is the one being clearly hinted (and others are not) at this stage.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 7:58 am

panki wrote:@Gemini

I'm not putting any words in your mouth.....You mentioned in your post that hard core SW fans cannot see what it (the end of TFA) is clearly hinting at.....so you're clearly saying that some hardcore SW fans are not seeing something obvious that you are seeing- and I am guessing you mean that Rey handing Luke the lightsaber mirrors the scene between Luke and Oi-wan in ANH. There is more than one story in SW that mirrors this very act and this is precisely why I responded to your post, saying that it isnt necessarily obvious.

I am not going to get into an argument with you about this any further as we have debated this for months. I suggest we wait till LF officially confirms which lineage theory is the correct one before stating what is (or is not) an obvious indication of lineage.

As long as she isn't a reywalker or a rey solo, people in this forum will be happy (whether a Kenobi, Palpatine, Imperial, Prana, random, etc).....but that doesn't mean any one theory is the one being clearly hinted (and others are not) at this stage.
@panki

Actually, if I go by the trailer for TLJ, one theory/lineage is clearly being hinted at. This is why all theories are not created equal, some have actual thematic, ring comp, film language evidence. Some are wild guessing and conjecture. We are not operating in a vacuum, some things can be known.

Rey's Theme + Help me Obi Wan
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 16 Apr 2017, 8:13 am

panki wrote:@Gemini

@panki
You are putting words in my mouth and you're doing it again right now.

I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm talking about reywalkers when I say hardcore Star Wars fans, i thought  I made that clear.

I'm not trying to debate here, I just had words shoved into my mouth and no one should put up with that, I'm sorry.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 16 Apr 2017, 8:23 am

@Gemini

I am not putting words in your mouth. I quoted something you wrote where you mention that her lineage is being clearly hinted at and that you ALSO share the disbelief that other people dont see it as well.

If you were only targeting Reywalkers, then I apologise....but if not, then I am just clarifying that the scene at the end of TFA (as well as Rey's solitary background) can be a hint of other lineages as well.

spacebaby45678 wrote:
@panki

Actually, if I go by the trailer for TLJ, one theory/lineage is clearly being hinted at. This is why all theories are not created equal, some have actual thematic, ring comp, film language evidence. Some are wild guessing and conjecture. We are not operating in a vacuum, some things can be known.

@spacebaby45678

You just reiterated the point I was trying to make by stating that one theory is being clearly hinted, having an actual theme etc while calling others wild guessing and conjecture. This is precisely the issue I am addressing here. LF hasn't officially confirmed any theory.

Take your example....rey's theme + help me obi-wan in the TLJ trailer....you see it as a Kenobi lineage, I see it as Rey trying to get Luke to return and help the resistance i.e. Luke is now the Obi-wan of this trilogy (as echoes in the TFA novel where Leia wants to find Luke and bring him back)... this is also reflected in the MH interview in the '80s where he said GL talked to him about playing an Obi-wan like character in a later trilogy....so while you could be right and it could be a Kenobist hint, I could be right and it could be just a callback to the OT and now Luke is the space wizard who guides the new hero of the trilogy.

My suggestion is that we wait for an official confirmation before we refer to other theories as wild guessing and conjecture.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:55 pm

panki wrote:
@Gemini

I am not putting words in your mouth. I quoted something you wrote where you mention that her lineage is being clearly hinted at and that you ALSO share the disbelief that other people dont see it as well.

If you were only targeting Reywalkers, then I apologise....but if not, then I am just clarifying that the scene at the end of TFA (as well as Rey's solitary background) can be a hint of other lineages as well.

spacebaby45678 wrote:
@panki

@spacebaby45678

You just reiterated the point I was trying to make by stating that one theory is being clearly hinted, having an actual theme etc while calling others wild guessing and conjecture. This is precisely the issue I am addressing here. LF hasn't officially confirmed any theory.

Take your example....rey's theme + help me obi-wan in the TLJ trailer....you see it as a Kenobi lineage, I see it as Rey trying to get Luke to return and help the resistance i.e. Luke is now the Obi-wan of this trilogy (as echoes in the TFA novel where Leia wants to find Luke and bring him back)... this is also reflected in the MH interview in the '80s where he said GL talked to him about playing an Obi-wan like character in a later trilogy....so while you could be right and it could be a Kenobist hint, I could be right and it could be just a callback to the OT and now Luke is the space wizard who guides the new hero of the trilogy.

My suggestion is that we wait for an official confirmation before we refer to other theories as wild guessing and conjecture.
@panki

Thanks for your suggestion, but some theories are wild guessing and conjecture, they are... that is my opinion... and in the meantime the media keep after all involved about Rey's parentage because as the interviewer says it is the question that has permeated after TFA..

RJ says the answer will be emotionally satisfying... link to interview below

https://www.facebook.com/MTV/videos/1533279206714258/
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sun 16 Apr 2017, 1:04 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
panki wrote:
@Gemini

spacebaby45678 wrote:
@panki

@spacebaby45678

@panki

Thanks for your suggestion, but some theories are wild guessing and conjecture, they are... that is my opinion... and in the meantime the media keep after all involved about Rey's parentage because as the interviewer says it is the question that has permeated after TFA..

RJ says the answer will be emotionally satisfying... link to interview below

https://www.facebook.com/MTV/videos/1533279206714258/
@spacebaby45678

You are more than entitled to your opinion but kindly respect the fact that others have views that differ from yours when you post and not resort to calling other people's views wild guesses and conjecture....and yes, I too expect the answer to Rey's origins to be emotionally satisfying, but please note that interview (which I am well aware of from before) never points to any one theory as this "emotionally satisfying" answer.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next