Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rey Kenobi Files

+49
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Starliteprism
adamdrivershair
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
Moonlight13
Darth Dingbat
MrsWindu
gwendy85
bashfulblueeyes3
salmund
Casper
Little_Boots
reylo1992
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
TheBastardofMandalore
Gemini
snufkin
Geralt_Riv
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
fuhry
BigDeal2187
TheLastJedi
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
DarthRen
Blood Moon
motherofpearl1
kroi
spacebaby45678
Acritiqua
vaderito
Maria26
SkyStar
Kyla Ren
Pyro Nebula
Reylo Lemon
LastCrusadeLeft
Hasi
Sylvia Snow
Piper Maru
53 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:06 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Tumblr_olh69zlmXQ1v3o2r3o1_540
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Tumblr_olh69zlmXQ1v3o2r3o2_540
@spacebaby45678

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 2ba2479a803692fe826a8718679eb945

@spacebaby45678
@Sylvia Snow

The Rey Christmas ornament has brown boots also.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Thu 16 Feb 2017, 1:08 pm

She looks exactly like Obi-Wan.

EVEN THE HANDS ARE IN THE SAME POSITION.

I'm dying.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Thu 16 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Tumblr_olh69zlmXQ1v3o2r3o1_540
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Tumblr_olh69zlmXQ1v3o2r3o2_540
@spacebaby45678

Very Happy cheers I love you
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 17 Feb 2017, 12:58 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 17 Feb 2017, 2:15 am

The Kenobi chin thing is iconic..

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8VLpjonaGyM-wK61CatpLuG3-I-Qxu4JOziBRNmX3xyy6_ikbMQ
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Obi-Wan%2523474

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Fri 17 Feb 2017, 12:01 pm

@spacebaby45678

OMG! This is awesome! Thank you. Very Happy I love you cheers
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sat 18 Feb 2017, 3:09 am

Okay, so Korkie was a no show in this episode of Rebels but ALOT of interesting stuff went down...

I'm getting serious Lion King vibes from how this whole Mandalore plot is going down...
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Img_0010
" SIMBA: Well, what about you? You left. NALA: I left to find help, and I found you. Don't you understand? You're our only hope. SIMBA: Sorry. NALA: What's happened to you? You're not the Simba I remember. SIMBA: You're right. I'm not. Now are you satisfied? NALA: No. Just disappointed. SIMBA: You know, you're starting to sound like my father. NALA: Good. At least one of us does. SIMBA: You think you can just show up and tell me how to live my life? You don't even know what I've been through. NALA: I would if you'd just tell me. SIMBA: Forget it! NALA: Fine!"

AKA: "Help me Korkie Kryze. You're our only hope"
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 18 Feb 2017, 5:26 am

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so Korkie was a no show in this episode of Rebels but ALOT of interesting stuff went down...

I'm getting serious Lion King vibes from how this whole Mandalore plot is going down...
" SIMBA: Well, what about you? You left. NALA: I left to find help, and I found you. Don't you understand? You're our only hope. SIMBA: Sorry. NALA: What's happened to you? You're not the Simba I remember. SIMBA: You're right. I'm not. Now are you satisfied? NALA: No. Just disappointed. SIMBA: You know, you're starting to sound like my father. NALA: Good. At least one of us does. SIMBA: You think you can just show up and tell me how to live my life? You don't even know what I've been through. NALA: I would if you'd just tell me. SIMBA: Forget it! NALA: Fine!"

@TheBastardofMandalore

Did Bo show up? So TPTB has not cleared up the "Throne" vs. Dark Saber rulership/leadership dilemma, I find that interesting. I am honestly glad Korks is a no show on Rebels, that leaves his narrative to be picked up somewhere else, i.e. books, comics, etc. ... I am glad Sabine is nobility, that is good, because that means there is a hierarchy there and Duchess Satine would be considered Royalty...

A side note; I find it interesting that Netflix is discontinuing The Clone Wars or Disney has not renewed with netflix 9 months before TLJ, neither parties have put forth a statement to explain why. My thoughts are that if Rey is a Kenobi and Satine is her grandmother the whole property becomes more valuable and Disney has decided to repackage the whole series.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sat 18 Feb 2017, 10:49 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so Korkie was a no show in this episode of Rebels but ALOT of interesting stuff went down...

@TheBastardofMandalore

Did Bo show up? So TPTB has not cleared up the "Throne" vs. Dark Saber rulership/leadership dilemma, I find that interesting. I am honestly glad Korks is a no show on Rebels, that leaves his narrative to be picked up somewhere else, i.e. books, comics, etc. ... I am glad Sabine is nobility, that is good, because that means there is a hierarchy there and Duchess Satine would be considered Royalty...

A side note; I find it interesting that Netflix is discontinuing The Clone Wars or Disney has not renewed with netflix 9 months before TLJ, neither parties have put forth a statement to explain why. My thoughts are that if Rey is a Kenobi and Satine is her grandmother the whole property becomes more valuable and Disney has decided to repackage the whole series.
@spacebaby45678
Bo-Katan did not show up either. As for the darksaber, Sabine's mother stated in the episode that it holds no more sway on Mandalore. It's a old/cursed relic or something like that... I'm hoping too that  maybe they (the creative LF team) will either do a animated movie based on Sabine's journey  to sort out her people's dilemma or, like you said, books or comics. This Mando story seems to be heading in the direction as something much bigger and more important in the SW universe. It deserves more in depth attention/development  than just a few episodes in Rebels.

Yeah, there's definitely a reason why Clone Wars is going away on Netflix. The repackaging makes sense.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 18 Feb 2017, 12:17 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore

This Mando story seems to be heading in the direction as something much bigger and more important in the SW universe. It deserves more in depth attention/development than just a few episodes in Rebels.

I totally agree with this, I am a little stumped and confused, the Mando's are fascinating, they have royalty but are looking for a leader. As if there is no designated leader? But shouldn't they have hereditary leadership if they have Duchesses and Countesses? Are we seeing a period of Mando history that reflects the War of the Roses, Game of Thrones and or Dune? Especially Dune, Mando's as Fremen type warriors would be incredible for future saga films. The Mando's are a militarized culture that could be a great asset in a galactic conflict. Whomever could rule Mandalore could help to stop the destructive bifurcation of the Empire/First Order vs. Rebellion/Resistance. Right now I am enjoying the Mando lore very much it has great potential to expand the possibilities of story telling in the Star Wars universe.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sat 18 Feb 2017, 2:12 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:@TheBastardofMandalore

This Mando story seems to be heading in the direction as something much bigger and more important in the SW universe. It deserves more in depth attention/development  than just a few episodes in Rebels.

I totally agree with this, I am a little stumped and confused, the Mando's are fascinating, they have royalty but are looking for a leader. As if there is no designated leader? But shouldn't they have hereditary leadership if they have Duchesses and Countesses? Are we seeing a period of Mando history that reflects the War of the Roses, Game of Thrones and or Dune? Especially Dune, Mando's as Fremen type warriors would be incredible for future saga films. The Mando's are a militarized culture that could be a great asset in a galactic conflict. Whomever could rule Mandalore could help to stop the destructive bifurcation of the Empire/First Order vs. Rebellion/Resistance.  Right now I am enjoying the Mando lore very much it has great potential to expand the possibilities of story telling in the Star Wars universe.
@spacebaby45678
I totally agree with the Dune/Game of Thrones parallels in regards to the Mando culture. It's exciting to see how this will all play out. My Korkie/Sabine theory was sparked by GoT and the fact that the new SW saga is really playing up the knights/castles and princess themes. Aside from the fact that they've already cast half of Westeros.  lol! queen  king  Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Sat 18 Feb 2017, 9:31 pm

Anyone else notice Pablo standing in front of the statue of Obi in tonight's Rebel Recon?? Wink Wink Wink
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:22 am

kroi wrote:Anyone else notice Pablo standing in front of the statue of Obi in tonight's Rebel Recon?? Wink Wink Wink
@kroi

Oh yeah! Right away. cheers
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sun 19 Feb 2017, 3:00 am

This Mando story seems to be heading in the direction as something much bigger and more important in the SW universe. It deserves more in depth attention/development  than just a few episodes in Rebels.

I totally agree with this, I am a little stumped and confused, the Mando's are fascinating, they have royalty but are looking for a leader. As if there is no designated leader? But shouldn't they have hereditary leadership if they have Duchesses and Countesses? Are we seeing a period of Mando history that reflects the War of the Roses, Game of Thrones and or Dune? Especially Dune, Mando's as Fremen type warriors would be incredible for future saga films. The Mando's are a militarized culture that could be a great asset in a galactic conflict. Whomever could rule Mandalore could help to stop the destructive bifurcation of the Empire/First Order vs. Rebellion/Resistance.  Right now I am enjoying the Mando lore very much it has great potential to expand the possibilities of story telling in the Star Wars universe.
@spacebaby45678
I was thinking about your question from earlier regarding the Mando hierarchy. I believe that ,yes, they do have hereditary leadership but are looking for a new leader since as far as the people of Mandalore are concerned the key ruling Houses are dead and/or missing. Hence the search for a new leader. This could be why Fenn Rau is so bitter and disenfranchised. He not only failed his men but also failed to protect the ruling house. We also no that the empire was targeting problem clans/families on Mandalore for extermination. It makes sense they would target the most powerful families first. House Kryze probably went into hiding after the Seige of Mandalore. And since no one has seen them in a long time they are presumed dead.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 19 Feb 2017, 6:41 am

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:

@spacebaby45678
I was thinking about your question from earlier regarding the Mando hierarchy. I believe that ,yes, they do have hereditary leadership but are looking for a new leader since as far as the people of Mandalore are concerned the key ruling Houses are dead and/or missing. Hence the search for a new leader. This could be why Fenn Rau is so bitter and disenfranchised. He not only failed his men but also failed to protect the ruling house. We also no that the empire was targeting problem clans/families on Mandalore for extermination. It makes sense they would target the most powerful families first. House Kryze probably went into hiding after the Seige of Mandalore. And since no one has seen them in a long time they are presumed dead.
@TheBastardofMandalore

I watched the Rebel Recon @kroi thank you, and Dave Filoni did clear up some things about the Mandalore's ruling clans. He said that some clans feel more Mandolorian than others and believe they have a right to rulership more than other clans. I am still unsure where Klan Kyrze fall in on the royal hierachy of their home Planet Kalevala. Tal Merrik of Kalevala was a Prince before Anakin stabbed him in the back, but it was Satine who rose to leadership over all of Mandalore and their 1000 systems. Mandalore seems to be modeled after the British Empire/Commonwealth which makes it very interesting that Satine was modeled after Elizabeth I, so we could say that Bo is like Mary Queen of Scots, at least that would explain the different accents between the sisters. Gosh I have so many questions that need answering now!

1. Where the hell is Korkie?
2. Is Bo a good or sinister character? Would she try to off Korkie in a battle of succession?
3. Who is Satine's mother? In Royal houses with marriage and intermarriage this could be an important key. Was Satine's mother an aristocrat of House Viszla?
4. Most importantly is Rey a Kyrze/Kenobi? Is she in the line of succession? Is she going to be Queen Victoria ( like) ?

You know there, is a qoute from GL that he left Disney/LF with 100 years of saga stories. With Reylo on the horizon, the Queen Victoria scenario, would ensure a bevy of Skywalker decedents to continue to F'n up the universe. for me this is a scenario that could, forgive my quaint American colloquialism, knock the ball out of the park.

With so many shades of Paul Atriedes in Kylo, at this point I am having a hard time choosing between Renperor and or Empress Rey...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Sun 19 Feb 2017, 2:44 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:

I watched the Rebel Recon @kroi thank you, and Dave Filoni did clear up some things about the Mandalore's ruling clans. He said that some clans feel more Mandolorian than others and believe they have a right to rulership more than other clans. I am still unsure where Klan Kyrze fall in on the royal hierachy of their home Planet Kalevala. Tal Merrik of Kalevala was a Prince before Anakin stabbed him in the back, but it was Satine who rose to leadership over all of Mandalore and their 1000 systems. Mandalore seems to be modeled after the British Empire/Commonwealth which makes it very interesting that Satine was modeled after Elizabeth I, so we could say that Bo is like Mary Queen of Scots, at least that would explain the different accents between the sisters. Gosh I have so many questions that need answering now!

1. Where the hell is Korkie?
2. Is Bo a good or sinister character? Would she try to off Korkie in a battle of succession?
3. Who is Satine's mother? In Royal houses with marriage and intermarriage this could be an important key. Was Satine's mother an aristocrat of House Viszla?
4. Most importantly is Rey a Kyrze/Kenobi? Is she in the line of succession? Is she going to be Queen Victoria ( like) ?

You know there, is a qoute from GL that he left Disney/LF with 100 years of saga stories. With Reylo on the horizon, the Queen Victoria scenario, would ensure a bevy of Skywalker decedents to continue to F'n up the universe.  for me this is a scenario that could, forgive my quaint American colloquialism, knock the ball out of the park.

With so many shades of Paul Atriedes in Kylo, at this point I am having a hard time choosing between Renperor and or Empress Rey...
@spacebaby45678

Just sayin'... if Bo Katan pulls Korkie out of hiding for him to take over Mandalore in a future episode, I just hope his first words are "Hello there" Cool
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 21 Feb 2017, 1:47 am

I was listening to the music for the Clone Wars particularly, the Satine and Obi-Wan theme. It played, of course, anytime Satine and Obi-Wan were together and it also play when Korkie was visiting his aunt in the episode "The Academy".
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Img_0011
The theme also played in Maul's hovel in "Visions and Voices" when Satine's portrait first came into the frame.[The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Img_0012
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Img_0013
And of course this depressing scene right here.  Crying or Very sad

I'm not that good at isolating music and posting. But if anyone else wants to have a go please do. Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 21 Feb 2017, 3:14 am

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:I was listening to the music for the Clone Wars particularly, the Satine and Obi-Wan theme. It played, of course, anytime Satine and Obi-Wan were together and it also play when Korkie was visiting his aunt in the episode "The Academy".
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Img_0011
The theme also played in Maul's hovel in "Visions and Voices" when Satine's portrait first came into the frame.[The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Img_0012
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Img_0013
And of course this depressing scene right here.  Crying or Very sad

I'm not that good at isolating music and posting. But if anyone else wants to have a go please do. Very Happy
@TheBastardofMandalore

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 21 Feb 2017, 3:16 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:47 am

It would seem all of the girls that made it to the finals of being Rey, but did not get cast as Rey where given other parts in the film. Here is a tweet from Dec 2014 about Maisie

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Tumblr_olrv7kpnp11v3o2r3o1_540

full story here

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2014/12/maisie-richardson-sellers-the-force-awakens-worst-kept-secret.html
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:23 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:It would seem all of the girls that made it to the finals of being Rey, but did not get cast as Rey where given other parts in the film. Here is a tweet from Dec 2014 about Maisie

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Tumblr_olrv7kpnp11v3o2r3o1_540

full story here

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2014/12/maisie-richardson-sellers-the-force-awakens-worst-kept-secret.html
@spacebaby45678

Unless it was a strategically-placed plan to mislead people, I do think Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter. There are just too many coincidences and similarities, and the casting call did originally mention Obi-Wan's descendant. Maisie is gorgeous. I think she would have been great as Rey, though IMO Daisy owns the role like a boss. But I love that they had no creed on ethnicity and it was open to everyone. It's the same Stephen King Dark Tower/Idris Elba principle. It doesn't matter what they look like, it's how they own the role.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasi Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:52 am

Ooooh interesting^
regarding Korkie, before tfa I was only familiar with the ot and the pt so I had never heard of the eu or Star Wars Rebels, but looking at these images:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_o3bz1sa1NI1rgeyoh_1280
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_obfaatbXWS1rgeyoh_1280

It's like he has Obi Wan's eyes and hair, but his nose and the shape of his face are a perfect combination of his and Satine's features???
Also a question I always forget to ask: the parallels and callbacks between Rey and Obi Wan are a lot and significative, are there parallels between Obi Wan and the other new characters too (it's been ages since I last saw the previous movies so they're definetely not fresh in my memory)?
Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Wed 22 Feb 2017, 8:16 pm

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 Img_1310

I'm crying... Crying or Very sad So amazing, yet so sad.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 5:11 am

@hasi

Wow that is an excellent question, I never thought about it from that angle. Honestly I have thought about it all last night, and no I don't think any other new character did a Kenobi thing besides Rey. Of course Poe does some Princess Leia things and some Luke things from ANH. Finn does a lot of Luke things from ANH & ESB. But no, no one besides Rey do Kenobi things.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 5:15 pm

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 3 BVmDvJW
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost