Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rey Kenobi Files

+49
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Starliteprism
adamdrivershair
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
Moonlight13
Darth Dingbat
MrsWindu
gwendy85
bashfulblueeyes3
salmund
Casper
Little_Boots
reylo1992
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
TheBastardofMandalore
Gemini
snufkin
Geralt_Riv
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
fuhry
BigDeal2187
TheLastJedi
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
DarthRen
Blood Moon
motherofpearl1
kroi
spacebaby45678
Acritiqua
vaderito
Maria26
SkyStar
Kyla Ren
Pyro Nebula
Reylo Lemon
LastCrusadeLeft
Hasi
Sylvia Snow
Piper Maru
53 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 14 Feb 2017, 12:25 am

Okay, so I'm totally fan-girling here, but if Korkie Kryze shows up in this season of Rebels to retake his throne on Mandalore, I want this...Because any (potential) son of Obi-Wan Kenobi should look this amazing.kingI love you
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Img_1311
Also, if he's riding a giant Mythosaur, I will faint.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 3:03 am

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so I'm totally fan-girling here, but if Korkie Kryze shows up in this season of Rebels to retake his throne on Mandalore, I want this...Because any (potential) son of Obi-Wan Kenobi should look this amazing.kingI love you
@TheBastardofMandalore

The sneak preview for this weeks rebels is interesting, Sabine joins her family in the battle for control of Mandalore. Which begs the question whom are they battling? Is it the Kyrze clan?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 6:06 am

NEW INFO on Star Wars Databank for Rey

"Rey’s life changed when she encountered BB-8, a Resistance astromech carrying a star chart offering a clue to the location of the long-lost Jedi master Luke Skywalker. Rey and the renegade stormtrooper Finn forged an unlikely friendship, escaping Jakku and finding themselves caught in a galactic war – with both of their destinies shaped by the awakened power of the Force."

http://www.starwars.com/databank/rey

So this moment

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o3xyadoEUP1r0ia4s_500

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMTLxPHLH3-gdi5ITp8ThKVaU-Njx2Bc1ZxtEMBRDqIUnsWM9b

Is NOT about Rey being the force awakening, but a moment of recognition. Maybe the girl from his vision when he held Obi Wan's saber?

http://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com/post/155719926639/the-hidden-lightsaber-and-how-lucasfilm-have
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 14 Feb 2017, 6:25 am

Pablo Hidalgo already said that the "It is you" is about Kylo recognizing Rey as being the "awakening" he felt earlier on.

And obviously, she is all "WHAAAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT" because she didn't even know what the Force was about until he proposed to her.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 6:46 am

Piper Maru wrote:Pablo Hidalgo already said that the "It is you" is about Kylo recognizing Rey as being the "awakening" he felt earlier on.

And obviously, she is all "WHAAAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT" because she didn't even know what the Force was about until he proposed to her.
@Piper Maru

Does what Pablo say and the databank match up contextually? No. Both Finn & Rey's destinies are being forged by the awakening of the force.

both of their destinies shaped by the awakened power of the Force."

Nor does it match TFA. Kylo should have recognized her as the force awakening once she escaped his clutches on Starkiller base.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 14 Feb 2017, 6:50 am

I don't think Rey is the awakening personified, I think the awakening just had a stronger manifestation around her, and it became clear when she summoned Anakin's lightsaber. Kylo already sensed "something" about her in the woods, he just confirmed it later.

And it makes sense that Finn's destiny was also shaped by the awakened power: Kylo, in a lapse of sanity, spared his life. The awakened also happened around Kylo (J.J. Abrams' words), so it's possible that it was the reason he allowed Finn to escape.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:08 am

Piper Maru wrote:I don't think Rey is the awakening personified, I think the awakening just had a stronger manifestation around her, and it became clear when she summoned Anakin's lightsaber. Kylo already sensed "something" about her in the woods, he just confirmed it later.

And it makes sense that Finn's destiny was also shaped by the awakened power: Kylo, in a lapse of sanity, spared his life. The awakened also happened around Kylo (J.J. Abrams' words), so it's possible that it was the reason he allowed Finn to escape.
@Piper Maru

Exactly! So that changes the "it is you" moment. Kylo does not mean, it is you the awakening.... but it is you, someone that he knows or has heard of or has seen in a vision. This is why I linked Gemini's saber theory. Her theory posits that Kylo had a vision of a girl when he held Obi Wan's saber the same way Rey had a vision of Kylo when she held Anakins saber.

http://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com/post/155719926639/the-hidden-lightsaber-and-how-lucasfilm-have
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:15 am

I see where you're coming from, and it makes sense. It's very possible that Kylo saw her in a vision.

I just think the interpretation of the line is simpler and it's present in the text. Of course, it can change with Ep VIII and Ep IX, but so far I need more context to truly believe in any theory.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:54 am

Piper Maru wrote:I see where you're coming from, and it makes sense. It's very possible that Kylo saw her in a vision.

I just think the interpretation of the line is simpler and it's present in the text. Of course, it can change with Ep VIII and Ep IX, but so far I need more context to truly believe in any theory.
@Piper Maru

You are free to interpret anything you want anyway you want. Nobody is trying to convert anyone in the Rey Kenobi files, that is why this thread exists. To post theories related to Rey being a descendant of Obi Wan and to be able to do that without the back and forth debate and or denial that the theory has merit.

And in the context of the movie and the script Luke also recognizes Rey, which reflects back on Kylo recognizing Rey.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Tue 14 Feb 2017, 7:59 am

I am most excited about the duel of the fates between Maul and Kenobi, what if Obi Wan pulls a move that mirrors Rey
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:07 am

Sylvia Snow wrote:I am most excited about the duel of the fates between Maul and Kenobi, what if Obi Wan pulls a move that mirrors Rey
@Sylvia Snow

Tell me about it.

I'm usually skeptic, but I can't deny the parallels between Rey's lightsaber duel and all duels involving Obi-Wan.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 8:31 am

I think there is a legit resemblance between Daisy & Ewan, especially their notable toothy grins.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Tumblr_o47buycNZT1v73yyxo1_540
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Tumblr_o47buycNZT1v73yyxo2_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:20 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so I'm totally fan-girling here, but if Korkie Kryze shows up in this season of Rebels to retake his throne on Mandalore, I want this...Because any (potential) son of Obi-Wan Kenobi should look this amazing.kingI love you
@TheBastardofMandalore

The sneak preview for this weeks rebels is interesting, Sabine joins her family in the battle for control of Mandalore. Which begs the question whom are they battling? Is it the Kyrze clan?
@spacebaby45678

I thought the same thing too. This upcoming episode would be an ideal time to reintroduce House Kryze as one of the prominent players on Mandalore. We shall see... Smile
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 14 Feb 2017, 9:21 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:I think there is a legit resemblance between Daisy & Ewan, especially their notable toothy grins.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Tumblr_o47buycNZT1v73yyxo1_540
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Tumblr_o47buycNZT1v73yyxo2_540
@spacebaby45678

Love this!!! Made my morning. Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 14 Feb 2017, 2:42 pm

I think Jessica Henwick would have made a great Rey . In the end Daisy was the right choice. Brilliant casting. If we go by what Jessica says in this interview, Rey is related to someone, not no one/ random and she is not a midichlorian birth.

At 08.50 or thereabouts, the following is said:

Q: So about episode eight, do you think Rey is Luke's daughter?

Jessica: I know who I think Rey is related to , but I'm not gonna say because I'm pretty sure that I'm right and I don't wanna be sued [laughter from audience]... Because the thing is that was the role I originally auditioned for um... and so I got really far with that and I read.. I found out a lot about the character so... I'm pretty sure I know, so.... sorry guys!"

Then later on at around 18.40, another question is asked:

Q: I know you said you kinda know the story of Rey's background and you can't say it, so I'm just gonna ask a question and judge by your reaction and see if I'm on the right track...

Jessica: I said I think I know, [laughs], I think I know... I... no-one told me anything...

Q: They make the movie so...

Jessica: I just have a theory...

Q: ...look like it's Luke's daughter but I think that's too.. if it's that obvious and that's what it is, that's stupid...

Jessica: No I think it's too obvious too!

Q: I have a feeling that she might be uh... conceived by the midi-chlorians like Anakin , so like a half-sister to Anakin...

Jessica: Oh God no!

Q: Therefore... Well think about it! She's very powerful!

Jessica: No! That's not my theory!

Q: Luke got his a** kicked by a t...sandperson, a wampa, a trash monster... she had no problems...

Jessica: Yeah that's true, but that's not my theory. I have my own theory. I'm going to.. I'll say it when... when it's been [garbled...]

Q: But uh... so you can't say it but...

Jessica: No sorry, you won't... you won't... um... maybe you're right, but, I don't know... sorry! Thank you though!
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 14 Feb 2017, 11:54 pm

StarWars.com is drawing attention to Obitine again. This time for Valentines Day. I love you Very Happy
http://www.starwars.com/news/7-of-the-most-romantic-moments-in-star-wars
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 15 Feb 2017, 2:02 am

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:StarWars.com is drawing attention to Obitine again. This time for Valentines Day. I love you  Very Happy
http://www.starwars.com/news/7-of-the-most-romantic-moments-in-star-wars
@TheBastardofMandalore

3. Not Quite Unrequited

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 CloneWars_Satine_ObiWan-1024x442

Star Wars: The Clone Wars showed us another side of Obi-Wan. He struggled with the whole forbidden attachments problem, too. He had a strong connection with Satine. She confessed her feelings when she was kidnapped by Merrik in “Voyage of Temptation” and told Obi-Wan she’d loved him since he first came to her aid many years ago.

Obi Wan loved Satine too.. I love you  I love you

OMG!  

Cries!  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

They are number 3! cheers
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LastCrusadeLeft Wed 15 Feb 2017, 4:51 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:NEW INFO on Star Wars Databank for Rey

"Rey’s life changed when she encountered BB-8, a Resistance astromech carrying a star chart offering a clue to the location of the long-lost Jedi master Luke Skywalker. Rey and the renegade stormtrooper Finn forged an unlikely friendship, escaping Jakku and finding themselves caught in a galactic war – with both of their destinies shaped by the awakened power of the Force."

So this moment

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMTLxPHLH3-gdi5ITp8ThKVaU-Njx2Bc1ZxtEMBRDqIUnsWM9b

Is NOT about Rey being the force awakening, but a moment of recognition. Maybe the girl from his vision when he held Obi Wan's saber?

@spacebaby45678

I'm so with you on this one!
You just have to look at Adam's face in that moment - it's written all over it!
Not just a recognition of her person but also ...a feeling of relief or anticipation? Come on - his half smile!!!
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o5bvl6r2Dh1u0b6dp_540
I got the feeling that he has been waiting for something like this to happen for a looooong time.
And when the moment is finally there ...he is just stunned.
When the fight starts his first move literally SCREAMS "Ok, lets see if this is what I think it is!"
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Tumblr_o4ojzjs2Jv1v3nwxso6_540
What really struck me was his peace of mind here:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Kylo-r10
And when they finally hit the edge he has made up his mind deciding to take a step towards her with his offer. This look, I have no words...  H-beating
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 1810
But of course everything he has done till that moment comes back - Rey loathes him for his deeds - he cannot make it undone - no time for an explanation - he deserved this setback.
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o5ckz8DUYj1sufcc2_500

I know Foster took the "It is you!" from the script but I don't think it refers to the awakening in Rey per se regardless what PH has said.

Very early on Dec 24th 2015 PH said the following:
"Reading a lot made of Kylo saying, "it is you," in the novel, but he says the same in the movie. Which is a callback to the awakening line."

And after a few comments on his tweet he answered:
"I mean speculate away, but don't forget what's actually evident in the film." ""there's been an awakening. Have you felt it?" / "It is you.""

But then on Feb 23th 2016 he answered the question "[...] is it recognition or him acknowledging that she represents the awakening?":
"Based on all that's in the film story, it's him recognizing what Snoke described as an awakening. Let's see what happens."

"Based on all that's in the film story[...]" = That's what the film intends us to pick up.
Also he was asked to choose between "recognition" and "acknowledgment" and PH answered with mixing both questions!?

The awakening refers to the Dark side and the Light, as Snoke has said in the very first teaser.
And yes, Kylo and Rey represent the Dark Side and the Light. I think it's that simple.

BUT (and this is important!) we also mustn't forget what Maz has said earlier in the film:

"The only fight: against the dark side. Through the ages, I've seen evil take many forms.
The Sith. The Empire. Today, it is the First Order.
Their shadow is spreading across the galaxy. We must face them. Fight them. All of us."

When the FO is representing the Dark Side then EVERYONE who fights the FO is automatically on the Light Side following her logic.
Then Finn, Han, Chewie even the droids are on the Light Side and it has nothing to do with being force sensitive!
After all they want us - the audience - to be part of this!

I know they've mixed the awakening line in the teaser with something that was cut from the movie later on but you cannot tell me
that these words were not carefully chosen!

The awakening that Snoke feels is simply his perception of the Force trying to balance itself. I think for whatever reason Snoke tries to
prevent a balance which also explains why he chose Beno Solo as a protégé: because he would have been the perfect candidate for
this task.  Crying or Very sad

In other words he perceives that a chain reaction has been started (by the Light Side?):

Event zero occurs > LST calls the Resistance > FO hears the radio message or whatever > Leia sends Poe/ Kylo brings Finn to Jakku > Poe shoots the stormtrooper > Finn makes up his mind > Kylo spares him for whatever reason >Finn rescues Poe > Poe brings Finn down onto Jakku > Finn 'picks up' Rey with BB8 > Han finds them (by chance Laughing ) > Han brings them to Maz > Maz has an impact on Finn AND Rey > and so on...

Just remember the very first words of TFA: "This will BEGIN to make things right.[...]"
The map aka finding Luke/the First Jedi temple is NOT the ultimate cure but it's the zero point to something!

*sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany Embarassed

Last edited by LastCrusadeLeft on Wed 15 Feb 2017, 5:41 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : to insert moving gifs cuz I love them)
LastCrusadeLeft
LastCrusadeLeft
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Wed 15 Feb 2017, 4:57 am

@LastCrusadeLeft

That image of him walking towards Rey in the middle of the fight with this look of awe and interest always struck to me as well.

He was not trying to kill her, he was amazed by her power.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 15 Feb 2017, 5:05 am

LastCrusadeLeft wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:NEW INFO on Star Wars Databank for Rey

So this moment

@spacebaby45678

I'm so with you on this one!
You just have to look at Adam's face in that moment - it's written all over it!
Not just a recognition of her person but also ...a feeling of relief or anticipation? Come on - his half smile!!!
I got the feeling that he has been waiting for something like this to happen for a looooong time.
And when the moment is finally there ...he is just stunned.
When the fight starts his first move literally SCREAMS "Ok, lets see if this is what I think it is!"
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Reylo-10
What really struck me was his peace of mind here:
And when they finally hit the edge he has made up his mind deciding to take a step towards her with his offer.
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Kylo-r11
But of course everything he has done till that moment comes back - Rey loathes him for his deeds - he cannot make it undone - no time for an explanation - he deserved this setback.
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 2 Tumblr10

I know Foster took the "It is you!" from the script but I don't think it refers to the awakening in Rey per se regardless what PH has said.

Very early on Dec 24th 2015 PH said the following:
"Reading a lot made of Kylo saying, "it is you," in the novel, but he says the same in the movie. Which is a callback to the awakening line."

And after a few comments on his tweet he answered:
"I mean speculate away, but don't forget what's actually evident in the film." ""there's been an awakening. Have you felt it?" / "It is you.""

But then on Feb 23th 2016 he answered the question "[...] is it recognition or him acknowledging that she represents the awakening?":
"Based on all that's in the film story, it's him recognizing what Snoke described as an awakening. Let's see what happens."

"Based on all that's in the film story[...]" = That's what the film intends us to pick up.
Also he was asked to choose between "recognition" and "acknowledgment" and PH answered with mixing both questions!?

The awakening refers to the Dark side and the Light, as Snoke has said in the very first teaser.
And yes, Kylo and Rey represent the Dark Side and the Light. I think it's that simple.

BUT (and this is important!) we also mustn't forget what Maz has said earlier in the film:

"The only fight: against the dark side. Through the ages, I've seen evil take many forms.
The Sith. The Empire. Today, it is the First Order.
Their shadow is spreading across the galaxy. We must face them. Fight them. All of us."

When the FO is representing the Dark Side then EVERYONE who fights the FO is automatically on the Light Side following her logic.
Then Finn, Han, Chewie even the droids are on the Light Side and it has nothing to do with being force sensitive!
After all they want us - the audience - to be part of this!

I know they've mixed the awakening line in the teaser with something that was cut from the movie later on but you cannot tell me
that these words were not carefully chosen!

The awakening that Snoke feels is simply his perception of the Force trying to balance itself. I think for whatever reason Snoke tries to
prevent an balance which is also the reason for him choosing Kylo as a protégé because Ben would have been the perfect candidate for
this task.  Crying or Very sad

In other words he perceives that a chain reaction has been started (by the Light Side?):

Event zero occurs > LST calls the Resistance > FO hears the radio message or whatever > Leia sends Poe/ Kylo brings Finn to Jakku > Poe shoots the stormtrooper > Finn makes up his mind > Kylo spares him for whatever reason >Finn rescues Poe > Poe brings Finn down onto Jakku > Finn 'picks up' Rey with BB8 > Han finds them (by chance Laughing ) > Han brings them to Maz > Maz has an impact on Finn AND Rey > and so on...

Just remember the very first words of TFA: "This will BEGIN to make things right.[...]"
The map aka finding Luke/the First Jedi temple is NOT the ultimate cure but it's the zero point to something!

*sorry for my bad English, I'm from Germany Embarassed
@LastCrusadeLeft

Always when I see these gifs from his fight with Rey, I just stare at them for couple of minutes. He looks so calm. Makes me feel stupid, that I did not see that in my first view of TFA. Embarassed
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 15 Feb 2017, 8:08 am

@LastCrusadeLeft
Your English is perfect, your analysis excellent. Thank you for additional Pablo comments I had no idea that he had adressed the issue of what "It is you" I like that he says go with what is in the movie. I don't know if it is bad writing or not but you would think that Snoke and or Kylo would have realized that she is the awakening based on her force powers in resisiting Kylo, that had to be some kind of incredible feat considering how strong Kylo is with the force. I think that "It is you" can mean two things at one time.. they are not mutally exclusive and yes  I agree with you the force itself has awakened but it is not just one person. But both Kylo & Luke recognizing Rey or whomever she really is such an important moment that slipped by people but when viewed later will be the audiences AHA! Moment

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LastCrusadeLeft Wed 15 Feb 2017, 8:36 am

@spacebaby45678

Yes but I think they might have different reasons for recognizing her:
Kylo did not recognize her on Takodana I think. He just has a feeling that there is something. Like da dejavu maybe or a dream. You cannot understand it the moment it happens but only afterwards. That's why I think it's very likely that Kylo only knows her from a vision. The moment he realizes that he 'knows' her literally hits him as you can see on Adam's face.

On the other hand Luke seems to know Rey from the very beginning - with just one look. He needs no time to understand who she is or what she wants.
Hamilton's face says "Neverending story."

I'd like to think that MAYBE just like Maz or Kylo did with Han, Luke recognizes Rey's force signature.
Or her force signature resembles that of his former master. If that's the case it makes sense that Kylo wasn't able to recognize her force signature because he never met Obi-Wan and therefore wasn't able to draw this connection.
LastCrusadeLeft
LastCrusadeLeft
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 15 Feb 2017, 9:54 am

cyclops bounce
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost