Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rey Kenobi Files

+49
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Starliteprism
adamdrivershair
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
Moonlight13
Darth Dingbat
MrsWindu
gwendy85
bashfulblueeyes3
salmund
Casper
Little_Boots
reylo1992
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
TheBastardofMandalore
Gemini
snufkin
Geralt_Riv
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
fuhry
BigDeal2187
TheLastJedi
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
DarthRen
Blood Moon
motherofpearl1
kroi
spacebaby45678
Acritiqua
vaderito
Maria26
SkyStar
Kyla Ren
Pyro Nebula
Reylo Lemon
LastCrusadeLeft
Hasi
Sylvia Snow
Piper Maru
53 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 24 Jun 2017, 10:52 am

Kylo Men wrote:Were the Battlefront snaps leaks or official releases? I'm under the impression they are (at least theoretically) unauthorized leaks. Am I mistaken?

Either way .... why explain with omnipotence that which you can explain by incompetence? If the Battlefront snaps were released with approval, I don't think it's part of some super-secret plan to slowly reveal her lineage. Does Lucasfilm seem that competent right now?
@Kylo Men

Actually, I see a will to be omnipotent on the part of KK, no mistakes allowed, so much so that they are firing directors on an almost completed project... so I am going to side with LF MICROMANAGING everything... their track record proves exactly that. Also in spy "conspiracy jargon" this is called a "limited hangout"

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 26 Jun 2017, 5:22 am

an edited side by side of Obi & Rey mindtrick

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jun 2017, 5:43 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:Were the Battlefront snaps leaks or official releases? I'm under the impression they are (at least theoretically) unauthorized leaks. Am I mistaken?

Either way .... why explain with omnipotence that which you can explain by incompetence? If the Battlefront snaps were released with approval, I don't think it's part of some super-secret plan to slowly reveal her lineage. Does Lucasfilm seem that competent right now?
@Kylo Men

Actually, I see a will to be omnipotent on the part of KK, no mistakes allowed, so much so that they are firing directors on an almost completed project... so I am going to side with LF MICROMANAGING everything... their track record proves exactly that. Also in spy "conspiracy jargon" this is called a "limited hangout"

@spacebaby45678

But they somehow failed to micromanage the Vanity Fair article.  That contained several kinds of fail.

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 26 Jun 2017, 6:17 am

Sacrebleu wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Kylo Men

@spacebaby45678

But they somehow failed to micromanage the Vanity Fair article.  That contained several kinds of fail.
@Sacrebleu

Remind me of the "fails"
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jun 2017, 6:44 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Kylo Men

@spacebaby45678

@Sacrebleu

Remind me of the "fails"
@spacebaby45678

Primarily this:

"What the story group does not do, Hart said, is impose plot-point mandates on the filmmakers. Johnson told me he was surprised at how much leeway he was given to cook up the action of Episode VIII from scratch. 'The pre-set was Episode VII, and that was kind of it,' he said."

Bolded is my addition.  Either KK and LF are "micromanaging everything" or Rian was free to develop the plot from "scratch".  It can hardly be both.  Rian's statement also contradicts some of Pablo's about the arc of the entire trilogy having been planned out (I don't have those exact quotes to hand and I have to leave for work soon).  And wasn't Kylo referred to as a Sith somewhere in that article, despite fans having been told by story group (again, don't have the exact quotes at the moment) that Kylo and Snoke are not Sith?

If LF and KK are trying to micromanage, they are doing a haphazard job of it IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 26 Jun 2017, 6:45 am

Obi Wan's voice is in the new trailer to drop at San Diego Comic Con. Zeroh video so grains of salt always

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 26 Jun 2017, 6:48 am

Sacrebleu wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Kylo Men

@spacebaby45678

@Sacrebleu

Remind me of the "fails"
@spacebaby45678

Primarily this:

"What the story group does not do, Hart said, is impose plot-point mandates on the filmmakers. Johnson told me he was surprised at how much leeway he was given to cook up the action of Episode VIII from scratch. 'The pre-set was Episode VII, and that was kind of it,' he said."

Bolded is my addition.  Either KK and LF are "micromanaging everything" or Rian was free to develop the plot from "scratch".  It can hardly be both.  Rian's statement also contradicts some of Pablo's about the arc of the entire trilogy having been planned out (I don't have those exact quotes to hand and I have to leave for work soon).  And wasn't Kylo referred to as a Sith somewhere in that article, despite fans having been told by story group (again, don't have the exact quotes at the moment) that Kylo and Snoke are not Sith?

If LF and KK are trying to micromanage, they are doing a haphazard job of it IMO.
@Sacrebleu

So the basic fails are that LF, KK & RJ are not on message. In other words they don't have their story straight. This is logistics, however, have they made any mistakes surrounding the character of Rey? Mistakes like accidental reveals? mixed messages? I am trying to think of some but it has been two years maybe you can remember.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jun 2017, 6:55 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Sacrebleu wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Kylo Men

@spacebaby45678

@Sacrebleu

Remind me of the "fails"
@spacebaby45678

Primarily this:

@Sacrebleu

So the basic fails are that LF, KK & RJ are not on message. In other words they don't have their story straight. This is logistics, however, have they made any mistakes surrounding the character of Rey? Mistakes like accidental reveals? mixed messages? I am trying to think of some but it has been two years maybe you can remember.
@spacebaby45678

I guess my feeling is that the messages in TFA re: Rey could have been very consistent throughout but if Rian has a different view he was apparently free to change course in TLJ, at least according to him.  If LF and KK were indeed micromanaging everything how come they let Rian's remarks in the VF interview about his freedom to go anywhere with the story make it into print?  If they don't have their story straight, anything goes and nothing is certain.

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:02 pm

From the trailer Forces of Destiny:

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Captur17
Rey: How did I find you?

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Captur16

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Captur19
Rey: I guess I am just lucky!

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Captur18

Wink

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Thu 29 Jun 2017, 12:27 pm

reylo1992 wrote:From the trailer Forces of Destiny:

Wink

@reylo1992

I'm so looking forward to this series! I think it's great that they are focusing primarily on the female characters of the SW verse. cheers
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Sat 01 Jul 2017, 1:38 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:From the trailer Forces of Destiny:

Wink

@reylo1992

I'm so looking forward to this series! I think it's great that they are focusing primarily on the female characters of the SW verse. cheers
@TheBastardofMandalore

That looks like a good series!!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 4:45 pm

Great Reynobi/Obi video.. Sad

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Watch?v=9RdmBmUwvKY
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:14 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:Great Reynobi/Obi video..  Sad

@spacebaby45678

It doesn't work for me.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:32 pm

Casper wrote:

@spacebaby45678

It doesn't work for me.
@Casper

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Sun 02 Jul 2017, 11:21 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
Casper wrote:

@spacebaby45678

It doesn't work for me.
@Casper

@spacebaby45678

Thank you! Nice one. I'm more and more convinced she's a Kenobi, but how are they going to explain that in a way that's not too complicated for the GA to follow?

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Mon 03 Jul 2017, 1:09 am

Casper wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Casper wrote:

@spacebaby45678

It doesn't work for me.
@Casper

@spacebaby45678

Thank you!  Nice one.  I'm more and more convinced she's a Kenobi, but how are they going to explain that in a way that's not too complicated for the GA to follow?
@Casper

It will probably be something that's straight to the point and simple. Like Obi-Wan's force ghost telling Luke that Rey is his granddaughter and that he had a reckless streak as a Padawan just like Anakin. Also, both Adam Driver and Daisy Ridley have said that questions will be answered in TLJ which will lead to more questions. Audiences are smart. They will be able to connect plot points without to much detail/information.

Also, if Rey's heritage is linked to Obi-Wan's involvement on Mandalore (in the CW) the general audience will be generally shocked and curious. Where as fans who are familiar with the EU will just have more insight into that history. It won't be necessary to over explain. Just like Saw Gurrera in RO. It was cool for me as a fan of CW and knowing his history but for a general viewer the simple explanation of him being a extremist rebel was all the info they needed.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Mon 03 Jul 2017, 1:52 am

Casper wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Casper wrote:

@spacebaby45678

It doesn't work for me.
@Casper

@spacebaby45678

Thank you!  Nice one.  I'm more and more convinced she's a Kenobi, but how are they going to explain that in a way that's not too complicated for the GA to follow?
@Casper

It will probably be something that's straight to the point and simple. Like Obi-Wan's force ghost telling Luke that Rey is his granddaughter and that he had a reckless streak as a Padawan just like Anakin. Also, both Adam Driver and Daisy Ridley have said that questions will be answered in TLJ which will lead to more questions. Audiences are smart. They will be able to connect plot points without to much detail/information.

Also, if Rey's heritage is linked to Obi-Wan's involvement on Mandalore (in the CW) the general audience will be generally shocked and curious. Where as fans who are familiar with the EU will just have more insight into that history. It won't be necessary to over explain. Just like Saw Gurrera in RO. It was cool for me as a fan of CW and knowing his history but for a general viewer the simple explanation of him being a extremist rebel was all the info they needed.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Gotcha.  I was one of those people for whom 'extremist rebel' sufficed, so I can see how that might work in TLJ.  There was a marathon of CW on the other day, and I put in on while I was working at my computer, but I couldn't follow what was going on.  That's something I'm going to have to watch from the beginning, but I love Obi Wan, so that shouldn't be a hardship.  

I hope we get a scene with Rey interacting with Obi Wan at some point, too, not just Luke, as a kind of payoff for all the Rey Kenobi hints they've been throwing at us.  But I know they've got a lot to try to fit into this movie.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Mon 03 Jul 2017, 10:15 am

(2:36 - 2:45)
&
(1:01 - 1:13)
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:23 am

kroi wrote: (2:36 - 2:45)
&
@kroi

Really good catch! At the end, Rey says , I am just lucky I guess unlike you "my little Friend"

Obi Wan to R2 "come here my little friend" 2:28

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:26 am

kroi wrote: (2:36 - 2:45)
&
@kroi

The Kenobi's and their animals. I loved this! I love you cheers
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:27 am

Casper wrote:
Casper wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
Casper wrote:

@spacebaby45678

It doesn't work for me.
@Casper

@spacebaby45678

@Casper

@TheBastardofMandalore

Gotcha.  I was one of those people for whom 'extremist rebel' sufficed, so I can see how that might work in TLJ.  There was a marathon of CW on the other day, and I put in on while I was working at my computer, but I couldn't follow what was going on.  That's something I'm going to have to watch from the beginning, but I love Obi Wan, so that shouldn't be a hardship.  

I hope we get a scene with Rey interacting with Obi Wan at some point, too, not just Luke, as a kind of payoff for all the Rey Kenobi hints they've been throwing at us.  But I know they've got a lot to try to fit into this movie.
@Casper

ITA, simple and straight forward reveal.. they will leave the rest to the imagination and other peripheral tie ins. I honestly look forward to the Rey as a Mando descendant as much as Rey as a Kenobi. I think the Mando has such a deep well of lore to dig into.

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 Sun 09 Jul 2017, 7:48 pm

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Obiwan10

Tweet link: https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/884013717519839233

So there's more than one way to take this.  We could be looking at the possibility that the Kenobi saber in Battlefront 2 we saw with Rey really was developed for Obi-Wan, and it was just a glitch.  But then again, why would they design/create the Kenobi saber so early in development if Obi-Wan isn't in the game at launch? Maybe he will be. But this Dennis Brannvall seems to admit here that Obi-Wan isn't in the game yet.  If not, what's with the Kenobi saber then?

I guess the mystery remains:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Rey_sa10
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 10 Jul 2017, 8:26 am

BigDeal2187 wrote:The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Obiwan10

Tweet link: https://twitter.com/DICE_FireWall/status/884013717519839233

So there's more than one way to take this.  We could be looking at the possibility that the Kenobi saber in Battlefront 2 we saw with Rey really was developed for Obi-Wan, and it was just a glitch.  But then again, why would they design/create the Kenobi saber so early in development if Obi-Wan isn't in the game at launch? Maybe he will be. But this Dennis Brannvall seems to admit here that Obi-Wan isn't in the game yet.  If not, what's with the Kenobi saber then?

I guess the mystery remains:
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Rey_sa10
@BigDeal2187

Yup, lack of Obi Wan makes no sense... unless Wink
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 11 Jul 2017, 4:59 pm

If Rey embraced her Mando-ness in TFA. geek
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Img_0011
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Img_0012
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Img_0113
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Img_0112

Source: ...somewhere in the inky void of Tumblr.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 11 Jul 2017, 6:27 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:If Rey embraced her Mando-ness in TFA. geek
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Img_0011
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Img_0012
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Img_0113
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 21 Img_0112

Source: ...somewhere in the inky void of Tumblr.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Love it!

Ok, in Battlefront 2, Rey says, " This is not my war" Is that embracing her pacifist side?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next