Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rey Kenobi Files

+49
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Starliteprism
adamdrivershair
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
Moonlight13
Darth Dingbat
MrsWindu
gwendy85
bashfulblueeyes3
salmund
Casper
Little_Boots
reylo1992
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
TheBastardofMandalore
Gemini
snufkin
Geralt_Riv
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
fuhry
BigDeal2187
TheLastJedi
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
DarthRen
Blood Moon
motherofpearl1
kroi
spacebaby45678
Acritiqua
vaderito
Maria26
SkyStar
Kyla Ren
Pyro Nebula
Reylo Lemon
LastCrusadeLeft
Hasi
Sylvia Snow
Piper Maru
53 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 11 Jun 2017, 4:32 am

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_inline_orcpl4ou0L1ulkuut_540

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_inline_orcpl9QGwj1ulkuut_540

Alpha build or not, this is a hella mistake to make... affraid  I hope the person that let this slip is young and single with no children to feed.  Cool

Source
https://reylocharms.tumblr.com/post/161671203868/i-cant-breathe
@spacebaby45678

Wow! This revelation is so exciting. I'm hoping it's not a mistake. I will cry tears of joy when she holds grandpa Kenobi's light saber for the first time in TLJ. It will be her first true connection to her past.  I love you

LOL! Yes, let's hope whoever leaked this image covered their tracks well. Otherwise, they just burned their future career prospects.
@TheBastardofMandalore

The Black Series Obi Wan has these two sabers also; Anakins and Obi's last saber

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Star-wars-1-928x483
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 11 Jun 2017, 4:58 am

That's not Luke's I don't think

Luke's does not have that little circle at the end ?
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 Sun 11 Jun 2017, 9:36 am

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Pablos10

Source: https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/873665170756616192

Looks like Pablo didn't want to kill the idea right off the bat.  Obviously he's not going to confirm either.  Hmmm...
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 11 Jun 2017, 10:11 am

Pablo then says the same thing to someone asking if it's Luke's too. "I'm happy to wait to see what's in the game." So, bothering to answer about the lightsaber and not killing any speculation. Very interesting. I think the most interesting part of it is she has Anakin's in her TFA costume. If it was just a stock model wouldn't they just give her one or the other rather than two different ones?

With Pabs' responses and people also thinking it's Luke's I'm going to go out on a limb and say no one lost their job and it's possibly part of marketing and speculation intensifying leading up to the movie.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 11 Jun 2017, 10:18 am

Luke's has a small bit that sticks out at the end of the saber, not there on the game
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 Sun 11 Jun 2017, 11:40 am

TFA Rey:

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Reytfa10
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastJedi Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:06 pm

BigDeal2187 wrote:TFA Rey:

@BigDeal2187

It can be a mistake, but isnt' it a big coincidence that she has a new lightsaber once she changes in the TLJ costume?
She either makes her own, of uses Obi-Wan's but for sure it's not Anakin's or Luke's.

Does looks like she holds a new Lightsaber in this pic?
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 KslEvWE

E.T.A
Adding Obi-wans lightsaber from panki's post at spoilers thread for comparison
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 41TnVDVMdDL

Last edited by TheLastJedi on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheLastJedi
TheLastJedi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:12 pm

That pose though!
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:27 pm

TheLastJedi wrote:
BigDeal2187 wrote:TFA Rey:

@BigDeal2187

It can be a mistake, but isnt' it a big coincidence that she has a new lightsaber once she changes in the TLJ costume?
She either makes her own, of uses Obi-Wan's but for sure it's not Anakin's or Luke's.

Does looks like she holds a new Lightsaber in this pic?
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 KslEvWE

E.T.A
Adding Obi-wans lightsaber from panki's post at spoilers thread for comparison
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 41TnVDVMdDL
@TheLastJedi

I think the picture are too blurry to be able to say one way or the other definitively and it is a big coincidence... considering all of the marketing we have seen with Rey with Anakin's saber and now calling it "Rey's Saber" why bother with all of that if she is just going to build her own?
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:28 pm

@TheLastJedi

That's anakins saber in the photo (I think)
It could be a mistake or (I've played bf1 a lot and other battlefield games) and it can take time for the weapons to load and switch and keep up with the weapon photo. It's a common thing that happens in game. The saber is extinguished too which would indicate the animation switch to the next weapon in the picture, obi wans saber.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sun 11 Jun 2017, 2:17 pm

Gemini wrote:Luke's has a small bit that sticks out at the end of the saber, not there on the game
@Gemini
Plus, Luke's is green and that one is blue. I agree, I think if it's anyone's it's Obi-Wan's. Just Reywalkers are wanting it to be Luke's and if TPTB kill that speculation they give the game away.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 13 Jun 2017, 7:10 am

Why Does Rey Have Obi-Wan's Lightsaber?? Star Wars Explained

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 13 Jun 2017, 7:12 am

For those who don't have time for the video here it the answer summed up

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_orhj3zJDFk1v3o2r3o2_540

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_orhj3zJDFk1v3o2r3o1_540

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 13 Jun 2017, 8:34 am

If anything, Rey’s Battlefront II lightsaber appears to be a 1:1 match for Obi-Wan’s, which might fuel a lot of fan theories about the identity of Rey’s real parents. Her being a Kenobi in some way would explain the design choice. Or if Luke somehow recovered Obi-Wan’s lightsaber at some point, maybe he will give it to Rey in The Last Jedi in much the same way that Obi-Wan once gave Anakin’s saber to Luke?

https://www.inverse.com/article/32847-rey-s-lightsaber-star-wars-battlefront-2-the-last-jedi
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 13 Jun 2017, 8:37 am

two years ago, it was Obi's saber that was used for Battlefront Jakku

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Ez9Ueu9
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 Tue 13 Jun 2017, 10:54 am

For what it's worth:

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Bug10

Source: https://twitter.com/guillaume_mroz/status/873862698169192449

Apparently this Guillaume worked on the game.  I don't think he would be privy to any info on Rey's lineage, or anyone at EA for that matter (would they?), so I'm not sure how he knows it's a bug.  But I guess that's the point -- how would anyone at EA know who Rey's parents are or whether she gets the Kenobi lightsaber in Ep. VIII?  That's why this seems like a very odd "bug."

Mistake or not I still think she's a Kenobi.  Speaking of which, remember this interview?

Up until this point it seems like every indication was given, whether by Daisy or Lucasfilm, that Rey's lineage/parentage would be revealed in episode 8.  So when Rian is asked whether Rey's PARENTS will be revealed in TLJ why doesn't he just say yes? Or no?  Why does he only say that it will be "addressed"?  Are we really to believe that her identity will be hidden from the audience AGAIN and not revealed until Ep. 9?  So I guess the question I'm really trying to ask is: how is it that we can learn Rey's identity in TLJ without finding out who her parents are?  This doesn't make sense if she's Luke's daughter or Han & Leia's daughter.  Because then that means the answer won't be revealed until Ep. 9.  But if she's a Kenobi then it makes sense since her identity would be tied more so to her (great)grandfather instead of to her parents.  Only if she's a Kenobi can we learn Rey's identity without learning who her parents are, otherwise we're going to have to wait until 2019.

This is why I think Rian started to say "It depends on ....".  Depends on what?  On what you mean by "clarified?"  On what Colin Trevorrow does?  On how the fans react?  When Julian Smirke (TFA associate editor) did an interview with Steele Wars she said that JJ knew from the beginning what Rey's backstory was and where it was going to go.  It's not something they're going to change midstream.  I'm just speculating but I think he was going to say something to the effect of "it depends on ... whether Rey's parents are important to her backstory/identity" -- something like that.  I don't know.  We'll see.
BigDeal2187
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 13 Jun 2017, 11:33 am

@BigDeal2187

I think that it will be "addressed" could mean that we will hear that from someone of questionable character and we will not know if this is true until episode IX comes out. It could mean that she is Kenobi or Palpatine, that we will only get some hints that are stronger than in TFA.

And Obi Wan would be Rey's great-grandfather if you think that Korkie is his son and Rey is related to him in a straight line.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Tue 13 Jun 2017, 12:15 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:@BigDeal2187

I think that it will be "addressed" could mean that we will hear that from someone of questionable character and we will not know if this is true until episode IX comes out. It could mean that she is Kenobi or Palpatine, that we will only get some hints that are stronger than in TFA.

And Obi Wan would be Rey's great-grandfather if you think that Korkie is his son and Rey is related to him in a straight line.
@Geralt_Riv

Rey could be Korkie's daughter. He was born 39 years before the battle of Yavin. 14 years later, Rey was conceived. So Korkie would be about 53 at the time of Rey's conception - certainly not out of the question. That would make him 72 at the time of Force Awakens, if he's still alive, which would be cool.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 13 Jun 2017, 1:51 pm

BigDeal2187 wrote:For what it's worth:

Apparently this Guillaume worked on the game.  I don't think he would be privy to any info on Rey's lineage, or anyone at EA for that matter (would they?), so I'm not sure how he knows it's a bug.  But I guess that's the point -- how would anyone at EA know who Rey's parents are or whether she gets the Kenobi lightsaber in Ep. VIII?  That's why this seems like a very odd "bug."

Mistake or not I still think she's a Kenobi.  Speaking of which, remember this interview?

Up until this point it seems like every indication was given, whether by Daisy or Lucasfilm, that Rey's lineage/parentage would be revealed in episode 8.  So when Rian is asked whether Rey's PARENTS will be revealed in TLJ why doesn't he just say yes? Or no?  Why does he only say that it will be "addressed"?  Are we really to believe that her identity will be hidden from the audience AGAIN and not revealed until Ep. 9?  So I guess the question I'm really trying to ask is: how is it that we can learn Rey's identity in TLJ without finding out who her parents are?  This doesn't make sense if she's Luke's daughter or Han & Leia's daughter.  Because then that means the answer won't be revealed until Ep. 9.  But if she's a Kenobi then it makes sense since her identity would be tied more so to her (great)grandfather instead of to her parents.  Only if she's a Kenobi can we learn Rey's identity without learning who her parents are, otherwise we're going to have to wait until 2019.

This is why I think Rian started to say "It depends on ....".  Depends on what?  On what you mean by "clarified?"  On what Colin Trevorrow does?  On how the fans react?  When Julian Smirke (TFA associate editor) did an interview with Steele Wars she said that JJ knew from the beginning what Rey's backstory was and where it was going to go.  It's not something they're going to change midstream.  I'm just speculating but I think he was going to say something to the effect of "it depends on ... whether Rey's parents are important to her backstory/identity" -- something like that.  I don't know.  We'll see.
@BigDeal2187

I work in software. It's completely feasible that he would know that this is a bug without knowing anything about Rey's lineage.

Trust me, when a bug is big enough to be reported in the media, the whole team is aware of it.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 13 Jun 2017, 2:29 pm

I don't think a direct Kenobi relation is too convoluted. Just leave it as "you're Old Ben's granddaughter" for TLJ and explore Satine and Obi-Wan's relationship in a comic or stand alone. Jedi are allowed to have sex. Maybe Obi-Wan and Satine had a physical thing then decided to part company when Obi-Wan realized the extent of his feelings for her. My only hang up here is the "family friendly" vibe Disney will want to keep, but even the "oh they were married first" thing was negated by another book when Han (like m st of us, lol) figured Ben had been conceived at the Ewok village.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 13 Jun 2017, 2:40 pm

When wanton violence, be it killing younglings or patricide is worse than sex,love, and procreation outside of marriage .... when people praise R1's Vaders scene as "SO COOL" best scene of R1 but are afraid of a intimacy between people that love each other?

Again

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 19 Tumblr_mgtp3pAEQb1rni05eo1_400
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Tue 13 Jun 2017, 3:10 pm

fuhry wrote:
Geralt_Riv wrote:@BigDeal2187

@Geralt_Riv

Rey could be Korkie's daughter.   He was born 39 years before the battle of Yavin.  14 years later, Rey was conceived.  So Korkie would be about 53 at the time of Rey's conception - certainly not out of the question.    That would make him 72 at the time of Force Awakens, if he's still alive, which would be cool.  
@fuhry

I made that comment because of the Daisy's interview where she said that Jyn would be her grandmother because she is in Rogue One. And Korkie is older in that time than Felicity Jones is. But I agree. It could work. Btw I get Ruke's vibe from it. Laughing

I like the Rey Kenobi theory. But there is one problem with that. If they reveal that in TLJ much of the general audience will be confused. They should make Obi Wan's spin off instead of Han Solo's then. The general audience don't watch Clone Wars, Rebels and they don't read books and comics. At least most of them.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 13 Jun 2017, 4:36 pm

BigDeal2187 wrote:For what it's worth:

@BigDeal2187

I co sign number 9...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Tue 13 Jun 2017, 7:41 pm

If her parentage is only "addressed" as opposed to "revealed" - an interesting point, thank you - then that must be about the eighth final nail in the Reywalker coffin. She spends the whole film with father Luke, with the majority of the audience primed to think she's his daughter, and it's only "addressed" with no big I am your father moment.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 13 Jun 2017, 9:02 pm

@spacebaby45678 @BigDeal2187

I also agree that the "details" regarding her lineage/family will be revealed in episode 9. But like in episode 5, with Luke and Vader, there will be a  connection revealed between Rey and Obi-Wan. I also think that we will learn who Rey's people are (Mandos) in episode 8 as well. Like Daisy Ridley said in a past interview "answers will be revealed, re: episode 8, only to give way to more questions", or something along those lines (it's not an exact quote). The general audience will be left wondering and shocked at the revelation. For those of us who watch Rebels/Clone Wars the revelation will have a deeper meaning because  we have more knowledge of Obi-Wan's backstory with the Mandos.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next