Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rey Kenobi Files

+49
ZioRen
Darth Rowan
Starliteprism
adamdrivershair
MyOnlyHope
FrolickingFizzgig
RosiePancake
Moonlight13
Darth Dingbat
MrsWindu
gwendy85
bashfulblueeyes3
salmund
Casper
Little_Boots
reylo1992
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
TheBastardofMandalore
Gemini
snufkin
Geralt_Riv
MeadowofAshes
ISeeAnIsland
fuhry
BigDeal2187
TheLastJedi
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
SheLitAFire
Cowgirlsamurai
AceofWands
DarthRen
Blood Moon
motherofpearl1
kroi
spacebaby45678
Acritiqua
vaderito
Maria26
SkyStar
Kyla Ren
Pyro Nebula
Reylo Lemon
LastCrusadeLeft
Hasi
Sylvia Snow
Piper Maru
53 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Empty Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Hasi Thu 23 Feb 2017, 5:16 pm

@spacebaby45678
Thank you for you answer! Yes I've noticed or read different posts about the parallels between the ot characters and the new ones in the past, but when it comes to Obi Wan I saw them only ever with Rey. At this point I can't really say that I'm surprised.

Hasi
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 25 Feb 2017, 5:53 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 25 Feb 2017, 6:00 am

Collectors know their Sabers, this guy has great real life replicas, so if you need a close up look...

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 25 Feb 2017, 7:24 am

Anagnorisis (/ˌænəɡˈnɒrᵻsᵻs/; Ancient Greek: ἀναγνώρισις) is a moment in a play or other work when a character makes a critical discovery. Anagnorisis originally meant recognition in its Greek context, not only of a person but also of what that person stood for. Anagnorisis was the hero’s sudden awareness of a real situation, the realization of things as they stood, and finally, the hero’s insight into a relationship with an often antagonistic character in Aristotelian tragedy.[1]

Rey, The Lost Child, Perdita & The Winters Tale
How moments of recognition happen in The Force Awakens.

This is where we can tie that recognition to Rian Johnson’s tweet post red string of fate to Perdita (Latin for the “lost one”)In Greek mythology (according to the novel), Perdita is an orphaned child who was once hidden among the Fates—the three sisters who determine how long a mortal being will live. The metaphor connecting the sisters is “the thread of life.” In Perdita, however, the Fates can get a little distracted in their work and occasionally make “mistakes.” That is interesting because Rey says in her survival guide that her being on Jakku alone is a mistake.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Tumblr_okemr3DcsM1v3o2r3o1_500

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Screen-shot-2014-12-27-at-9-02-31-pm

Loose ends
What are particularly important to Perdita are the loose ends of love relationships—for example: romances that never get off the ground, love that isn’t returned, relationships that are broken off, or love that isn’t acknowledged or even “seen.” This last being something that is particularly important to Clare and Garth’s relationship.Gathered in Perdita’s bundle, then, are the “loose ends” associated with all the different forms of love: friendship (philia), erotic love (eros), unselfish love (agape), and biophilia, the love between humans and the natural world.

And I find it interesting that Rey is and probably will experience these different types of love in the ST. With Finn Phillia/Friendship, with Kylo Erotic/Eros and unselfish love/agape and we have hints about Jakku once being a fertile planet maybe biophelia will come into play in EP9. And the most important loose end of Ben Kenobi, Rey being a Kenobi and falling in love with Kylo would tie up that loose end that was left when Anakin fell to the Darkside.
How does Perdita of Shakeperes A Winter’s Tale

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Kylo-r10
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Screen-shot-2015-01-01-at-6-15-51-pm

https://perditanovel.com/mythology-and-perdita/

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 25 Feb 2017, 7:40 am

I believe in these rumors about Mustafar and Obi-Wan's lightsaber. They made it clear that Vader lived in Mustafar in Rogue One and I don't think it was inconsequential.

The Knights of Ren are probably the Acolydes of Beyond, and they're obsessed with Vader and his belongings. It makes sense that their sacred place is Mustafar.

And if Obi-Wan's lightsaber still exists, it's probably there. Vader probably collected it before the Death Star explosion and brought it to his home.

Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 25 Feb 2017, 9:32 am

The Link to the old shooting schedule and how the Saber was the key that led to Luke

http://millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2015&t=9790
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 27 Feb 2017, 5:01 pm

Ok, that close up that MSW had shown from the Toy fair was only a small part of the Hasbro Star Wars booth, what they didn't show was on the wall behind... just found a video, no toys from EP8 but the display is Kenobi heavy, with Obi Wan ( alec guiness) in the same exact pose as the new pictures of Rey, what is unusual about that is that I don't think Alec's Obi Wan ever hit that stance in any of the OT.... Hasbro is probably dying to have Rey's lineage drop  Laughing

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Tumblr_om22baDID71v3o2r3o1_540
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Tumblr_olh36hdKRz1txs23jo1_500

same exact hand grip

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Tumblr_om22baDID71v3o2r3o2_540

The whole video below

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 28 Feb 2017, 7:36 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 28 Feb 2017, 8:11 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:New Clip Of Obi-Wan Vs Maul Confrontation

http://theforce.net/story/front/New_Clip_Of_ObiWan_Vs_Maul_Confrontation_172778.asp

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 1488223284Star_Wars_Rebels_Maul_8
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 1488223215_Star%20Wars%20Rebels%20Maul%205
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 1488223246_Star%20Wars%20Rebels%20Maul%206
@spacebaby45678
Soooo excited for this episode!  cheers

I have so many questions though that I want answered. Does Maul know about Korkie? Does Obi-Wan know? Since this season is all about "secrets" being revealed, will this revelation come to light during Obi-Wan and Maul's battle? I can totally see Obi-Wan losing his s*** and almost falling to the dark side. Kind of like in the comic "Old Wounds" (now considered legends). Will Obi-Wan kill Maul or will someone else (like Ezra) come along and off him?  Confus

Two more loooong weeks and I will have answers...or more questions. Because we all know how Filoni likes to answer questions without really answering them...because he's cruel like that.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 01 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm

Couple of things:

Regarding Obi-Wan's lightsaber, I'm fascinated by the idea that Kylo had a vision when he found Obi-Wan's lightsaber that had Rey in it, same as she had a vision that had Kylo in it when she touched Anakin's lightsaber.

BUT, the problem I see with this is that, if Vader picked up Obi-Wan's lightsaber, he would have had to have kept it on his person in order to preserve it, because they were on the Death Star and the only reason Vader survived is because he was in his fighter.  Why would he have brought Obi-Wan's saber with him into his fighter?  He might have, it's just a little weird.  The Saber could have also survived the explosion and been picked up randomly in space by scavengers of the Alderaanian system.

Point 2: We don't yet know the whereabouts of Korkie Kryze, but we do know that Sabine Wren's mother is Ursa Wren, who is drawn to look an awful lot like Rey -
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Fc09beedfb012b6e8a3a55fa3d7db85c
the hair color, the slant of the eyes, even Ursa Wren's voice has a british accent.  Her husband is revealed to be on Mandalore, a virtual prisoner of the Empire.  Is her husband Korkie Kryze?  If so, and Korkie is Obi-wan's son, then Sabine Wren would be a Kenobi.  If Rey were to be a Kenobi, she'd likely be the daughter of either Sabine Wren or Sabine's brother.  Which would make her not the granddaughter but the great-grandaughter of Obi-wan.  That's getting a little convoluted for me.  I like the idea better that it's Sabine Wren who meets up with Korkie and has a child with him - Rey - and given that this child represents a union of two great clans (Wren and Kryze), the child is considered a threat to those in power on Mandalore.  That makes for an easy justification for hiding Rey - or kidnapping her.

In any case, Mandalore was a great society that was thrown into turmoil by the Clone Wars.  They tried to remain neutral - that failed, chaos ensued, and they were occupied during Imperial times, with a puppet leader.  In Rebels, Ursa Wren has tried to protect her family from obliteration by remaining civil to the Empire.  That's thrown into chaos as she kills the puppet leader of Mandalore.  One can only assume that the Empire would seek to wipe out the Wren clan entirely.

The end of the Empire would no doubt throw Mandalore into more chaos. I would imagine there's no clear line of succession and many pretenders to the throne.  

It's really interesting how similar Ren and Wren are, and at least a couple of the Knights of Ren appear to be wearing Mandalorian outfits.  You know what else is interesting?  In Mandalore culture, I believe the man takes the woman's surname upon marriage.  My head is swimming.  For the life of me I can't figure out why the Knights of Ren are important to the story of the sequel trilogy - yet obviously they are.

My favorite idea from my new headcanon is that Rey is the heir to the Mandalorian throne and a descendant of Obi-Wan Kenobi, and that the freakin' DARKSABER is actually hidden in her freakin' STAFF..........
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 01 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

fuhry wrote:Couple of things:

Regarding Obi-Wan's lightsaber, I'm fascinated by the idea that Kylo had a vision when he found Obi-Wan's lightsaber that had Rey in it, same as she had a vision that had Kylo in it when she touched Anakin's lightsaber.

BUT, the problem I see with this is that, if Vader picked up Obi-Wan's lightsaber, he would have had to have kept it on his person in order to preserve it, because they were on the Death Star and the only reason Vader survived is because he was in his fighter.  Why would he have brought Obi-Wan's saber with him into his fighter?  He might have, it's just a little weird.  The Saber could have also survived the explosion and been picked up randomly in space by scavengers of the Alderaanian system.

Point 2: We don't yet know the whereabouts of Korkie Kryze, but we do know that Sabine Wren's mother is Ursa Wren, who is drawn to look an awful lot like Rey -
the hair color, the slant of the eyes, even Ursa Wren's voice has a british accent.  Her husband is revealed to be on Mandalore, a virtual prisoner of the Empire.  Is her husband Korkie Kryze?  If so, and Korkie is Obi-wan's son, then Sabine Wren would be a Kenobi.  If Rey were to be a Kenobi, she'd likely be the daughter of either Sabine Wren or Sabine's brother.  Which would make her not the granddaughter but the great-grandaughter of Obi-wan.  That's getting a little convoluted for me.  I like the idea better that it's Sabine Wren who meets up with Korkie and has a child with him - Rey - and given that this child represents a union of two great clans (Wren and Kryze), the child is considered a threat to those in power on Mandalore.  That makes for an easy justification for hiding Rey - or kidnapping her.

In any case, Mandalore was a great society that was thrown into turmoil by the Clone Wars.  They tried to remain neutral - that failed, chaos ensued, and they were occupied during Imperial times, with a puppet leader.  In Rebels, Ursa Wren has tried to protect her family from obliteration by remaining civil to the Empire.  That's thrown into chaos as she kills the puppet leader of Mandalore.  One can only assume that the Empire would seek to wipe out the Wren clan entirely.

The end of the Empire would no doubt throw Mandalore into more chaos. I would imagine there's no clear line of succession and many pretenders to the throne.  

It's really interesting how similar Ren and Wren are, and at least a couple of the Knights of Ren appear to be wearing Mandalorian outfits.  You know what else is interesting?  In Mandalore culture, I believe the man takes the woman's surname upon marriage.  My head is swimming.  For the life of me I can't figure out why the Knights of Ren are important to the story of the sequel trilogy - yet obviously they are.

My favorite idea from my new headcanon is that Rey is the heir to the Mandalorian throne and a descendant of Obi-Wan Kenobi, and that the freakin' DARKSABER is actually hidden in her freakin' STAFF..........
@fuhry

Amazing first post! Welcome to the forum! cheers
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Wed 01 Mar 2017, 2:54 pm

@fuhry

Haha, I def. agree with most of your last sentence... Darksaber would be awesome, I just doubt it's in the staff. Smile

I'm pretty convinced that all the hype-up of the Mandalorians as well as including Obi-Wan in Rebels ties into Rey's origins. But the thing about Sabine and her family is that they are Asian, and I just don't think they'd hire Daisy if she was supposed to be part Asian....

I think Korkie will be the new leader of Mandalore that Sabine said she's going to find, and I absolutely think he's Obi-Wan's son. If the Mandalorians do take back leadership and kick the Empire out, what happens there throughout the OT period?

To your first point, I think Vader would've kept the saber on his person... kind of like a trophy.

But yeah, I don't think GL added this backstory to Obi-Wan Kenobi for no reason.
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Wed 01 Mar 2017, 7:28 pm

kroi wrote:

@fuhry

Haha, I def. agree with most of your last sentence... Darksaber would be awesome, I just doubt it's in the staff. Smile

I'm pretty convinced that all the hype-up of the Mandalorians as well as including Obi-Wan in Rebels ties into Rey's origins. But the thing about Sabine and her family is that they are Asian, and I just don't think they'd hire Daisy if she was supposed to be part Asian....

I think Korkie will be the new leader of Mandalore that Sabine said she's going to find, and I absolutely think he's Obi-Wan's son. If the Mandalorians do take back leadership and kick the Empire out, what happens there throughout the OT period?

To your first point, I think Vader would've kept the saber on his person... kind of like a trophy.

But yeah, I don't think GL added this backstory to Obi-Wan Kenobi for no reason.
@kroi

Sabine could still be Rey's mother. We still haven't met her father. He might not be Asian like his wife, Ersa. If Sabine is bi-racial, her + Korkie could produce a child that looks like Rey.

Also, if Sabine still looked like she did in season 1, then I would say no way on her being Rey's mother. But she went from looking very Indian/Asian to more of Asian/mixed. Even her eye color is lighter. It's seems like a pretty drastic change, but why? It must be to meet some narative for the future storyline. Rey's casting call was originally open to all ethnicities or mixed...and they chose Daisy. I don't know. Maybe it's just me trying to desperately hold onto my head canon.  lol!
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Img_1311
The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Img_1312
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Wed 01 Mar 2017, 7:35 pm

@fuhry

Welcome! Great first post btw.  Waves
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 6:06 am

@fuhry

Great first post and welcome! cheers Great observation on Ursa looking a little like Rey, I think it is the hair style for sure. Filoni, has said about this episode that Sabine's father has no influence and power, and that all of that lies with Countess Ursa Wren, so I don't think Ursa is married to Korkie. If Rey is a Kenobi & a Mandalorian I think we might look back and think wow GL is a genius, he is bridging a gap in the story (Kenobi) and expanding the Star Wars universe with one sweep of a pen, (Mandalorian culture) In the person/character of Rey. If it happens this will be huge for the Saga films and the franchise.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Loyltgc
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Thu 02 Mar 2017, 10:54 am

[quote="TheBastardofMandalore"]
kroi wrote:

@fuhry

@kroi

Sabine could still be Rey's mother. We still haven't met her father. He might not be Asian like his wife, Ersa. If Sabine is bi-racial, her + Korkie could produce a child that looks like Rey.

Also, if Sabine still looked like she did in season 1, then I would say no way on her being Rey's mother. But she went from looking very Indian/Asian to more of Asian/mixed. Even her eye color is lighter. It's seems like a pretty drastic change, but why? It must be to meet some narative for the future storyline. Rey's casting call was originally open to all ethnicities or mixed...and they chose Daisy. I don't know. Maybe it's just me trying to desperately hold onto my head canon.  lol!
@TheBastardofMandalore

LOL! That's fine... Smile but just fyi; here are some posts about Sabine's heritage (there are other ppl who actually argue that she's not Asian at all Rolling Eyes)
"Oh, and in case you STILL don't know that Aphra and Sabine are Asian... Force Arena art is unambiguous. Not that it was ever ambiguous." https://twitter.com/admiraljello/status/819550838167314433
Pablo; "Sabine definitely has Asian heritage in her design." https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/808055380618006528
Pablo in reference to Rey's parents (someone asked if Sabine & Ezra were her parents): "Sabine and Ezra are not Rey's parents. Come on." & "At the very least, I assume her parents are white." https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/823960313112313856
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 12:19 pm

Listen from 0:09 to 0:19  - it’s Rey on Starkiller Base -  https://youtu.be/WmwppdJlVVc
Listen from 2:37 to 3:04 - it’s Obi-Wan leaving Mustafar -
https://youtu.be/vXkFsmxE9jU
It’s the same exact music! :O

The theme was probably used elsewhere in TFA. Nevertheless, John Williams deliberately used the same music for one of Rey’s scenes as he did for Obi-Wan’s. Ahh.

http://obes-kenobes.tumblr.com/post/151863645953/50-reasons-why-rey-is-a-kenobi
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 5:12 am

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Tumblr_oknys5GbZS1td72hio1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Fri 03 Mar 2017, 7:52 am

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 2Q==

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 9k=
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Fri 03 Mar 2017, 5:36 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 2Q==

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 9k=
@spacebaby45678

There's no denying that Korkie is a Kenobi. cheers

Speaking of Korkie, I wonder who LF is going to get to voice him, in Rebels, now that season 4 has been confirmed? That is, if he shows up...

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-season-4-renewal-confirmed/
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 04 Mar 2017, 3:54 am

spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 05 Mar 2017, 9:38 am

Interesting comments in light of Aftermath Empires end...

@aliaoftheknife2015, In speaking of Spartans, as in Mandalorians = Space Spartans, according to Star Wars Legends material, Mandalorian parents drop off their children in hostile worlds for many years in order to live on their own. Then, when the children is of “age,” the parents soon return to pick up the child for further advance training. With some evidence pointing to the idea that there are Mandalorians within the Knights of Ren, it could be likely that Rey may have “Mandalorian” heritage.

@theboywhocan11

And Rey returns a Duchess……….
I definitely think that Mandalore will figure into Rey’s heritage as well as Obi Wan Kenobi, and I think her parents will be just as complicated as Ben’s which will challenge her world view.
You already see hints of it in the narrative around Ezra Bridger and what he says about being tested, (and I use this as an example around the narrative of “personal tests,” not that he might be her father).
I’m also fond of the theory that Kylo Ren has Obi Wan’s light saber,,(after all he was likely named for him) and this is how he has had visions of Rey.

The Rey Kenobi Files - Page 4 Tumblr_nwjg3zFAmw1qgojlgo1_r2_500

Some have theorized that is the light saber he has in his other hand and the rest of the vision is that he hands it to her, thus he knows her heritage.
I love everything about this post
Smile
I think it is consistent with what we infer from the very deliberate clues laid by the writers, starting with the origins of Ben’s name.
Why Ben? He could have been named for Han, Luke, or even Bail Organa. But he was named Ben, and the only “Ben” we know is the “hermit,” (see Daisy’s quote on solitude being a big factor in her character), is Obi Wan Kenobi.
So that seems  intentional on the writers part in keeping the imagery around Obi Wan Kenobi alive.
Ben may not have ever had Anakin’s light saber,  but he might have had Obi Wan’s instead, (I believe that it in Legends, it fell into the hands of Anakin Solo, no)?
In the images above we see a weapon/saber in Kylo’s other hand.
And if the prior scenes are correct and he kills someone to save Rey, I rather think that it’s one of his own Knights, because if they are on Ach-to, the only other humans on the Island are Luke and Rey. The rest are birds.
So, following through with the vision to it’s speculated conclusion, it would be consistent that he offers her the weapon that belonged to her grandfather, the rightful owner of Obi Wan’s saber, the saber that likely was responsible for his visions of her all his life, which means he has figured out her heritage, something she would be desperate to know.
This would be the reverse and other side of the coin in her taking the light saber that had belonged his grandfather, and the same light saber that reawakened her own dreams/visions of him.
Now visions are not always clear and may not play out exactly. They may be a mix of past and future. Some think these images are of the destruction of the Academy, but a small detail, would they be dressed this way?
I would think it more likely the destruction was an “inside” job and they wouldn’t have time for a costume change, which is why their dress in the visions make me think it’s future and on Ach-to and they were rounding on her until Kylo, as @walkbythesea observed, made his choice.
@aliaoftheknife2015​, @rreykenobii​,
According to Star Wars Legends, there was something called “ Obi-Wan Kenobi’s third lightsaber.”
The wookipedia page for this Third Lightsaber:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Obi-Wan_Kenobi’s_third_lightsaber
is this:

http://rreykenobii.tumblr.com/
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 08 Mar 2017, 9:07 am

spacebaby45678