Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+89
Little_Boots
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
colibri
TheBastardofMandalore
Casper
Blood Moon
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
Krafty
Lovely_Rose
RosiePancake
Ben-Solo
Marie Ren
Forsythia
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
Anakin Skywalker
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
4forYouRey-lolo
Armadeus
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Airemyn
Mana
Night Huntress
Man Without A Star
Moonlight13
Millicent the Cat
guardienne
Kessel
Tex
Lily Snape
Angel Of Iego
rey09
Kylo Men
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
ReyofLightSide
Marchtwin
Piper Maru
Kyla Ren
Gemini
Xylo Ren
darthbutterfingers
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Reylo Lemon
Hasi
Magnolia_3.0
bossbaby
EchoBase
SheLitAFire
MyOnlyHope
MeadowofAshes
Irina de France
Helix
Reylo4life
Darth Dingbat
fuhry
MoonFyre
SkyStar
motherofpearl1
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
vaderito
IoJovi
Acritiqua
snufkin
nemapasara
Rogue Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
Saracene
DarthRen
Reynak
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
Jakku
93 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by ReyofLightSide Fri 21 Apr 2017, 7:58 pm

So, "Light....Darkness.....Balance..." also sounds like the Yin and Yang symbol, which could be Space Bear, which are two other things we guessed like a year ago....
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 22 Apr 2017, 7:01 am

Browsing through my way-too-many SW pics and screenshots, I came across these from the Star Wars DB. Now that we have Luke saying that the Jedi must end, Kylo wanting to destroy the Jedi does not sound that evil anymore. It really makes you wonder what they both found on their journey - I wish I had kept Pablo's tweet on Luke and Kylo undertaking something else and that's why Han and Leia had not seen him in a while - that makes them feel so harshly about the Jedi - not that I am very fond of them neither.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 Img_0515

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 Img_0516

I also stopped at the mention of Kylo's mask being patterned after the battle gear of the KOR. I hadn't paid attention to that when I first made that screenshot and it brought back the question "Who the f*** are the KOR?" These guys are nowhere to be seen and yet KR is their master.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 22 Apr 2017, 7:05 am

I just imagined this scenario:

Kylo: Jedi must end!
Luke: yeah I feel the same.
Kylo: Oh? Ok... cool... I'll be on my way then. Sorry for disturbance.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sat 22 Apr 2017, 7:56 am

SanghaRen wrote:Browsing through my way-too-many SW pics and screenshots, I came across these from the Star Wars DB. Now that we have Luke saying that the Jedi must end, Kylo wanting to destroy the Jedi does not sound that evil anymore. It really makes you wonder what they both found on their journey - I wish I had kept Pablo's tweet on Luke and Kylo undertaking something else and that's why Han and Leia had not seen him in a while - that makes them feel so harshly about the Jedi - not that I am very fond of them neither.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 Img_0515

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 Img_0516

I also stopped at the mention of Kylo's mask being patterned after the battle gear of the KOR. I hadn't paid attention to that when I first made that screenshot and it brought back the question "Who the f*** are the KOR?" These guys are nowhere to be seen and yet KR is their master.
@SanghaRen

I'm insanely curious about the KoR myself; interesting that they keep referring to Kylo's emotional conflict.
It's interesting that we know so little about the supposed 'Jedi massacre'.....it automatically brings to mind Anakin slaughtering the Padawans in ROTS. But we have no idea if something like that went down with Kylo - he may simply have fought them man to man and won. By all accounts they were adolescents, like Kylo himself,not children.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 22 Apr 2017, 8:29 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Magnolia_3.0 wrote:Sorry if anyone in the group ever mentioned it! But did anyone else here find it strange that the image of the saber on this poster is incomplete? It reminds me of a scale weighing only one side. The side of Kylo (that by the way, Rey is inclined towards him).
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 42085010
@Magnolia_3.0

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but I think that's just a design element. Since making the starburst too balanced with same spikes on all sides would be too cartoonish and off sets the design. They're going for a lens glare effect and lens glares dont look like perfect starbursts.

The poster is orientend with a vertical asymmetrical balance with the blade in the middle but with Luke bigger and Kylo smaller, the lens glare is just following a similar pattern of asymmetry that's all.

ETA: On why Rey is sort of looking at Luke and not Kylo. 

Rey is right handed in this picture, and to create a dynamic looking yet static position, the body is posed in contraposto. Being right handed, her strong foot should be her left and so the lower body must face left, while the upper body goes the opposite way. Her strong foot isnt obvious since she stands astride, but her upperbody follows the dynamic of contraposto. 

So it's not because she's looking at Luke and not at Kylo. It's just design elements. Now for the reason why Luke is on the left and Kylo on the right, that's a whole different story that composition elements alone may not fully explain.
@Rei of Sunshine

She's actually looking at the blade. And yeap, it's a lens flare, not a perfect starburst. It's asymmetrical.

PS: I have a BFA in visual arts and we're trained to analyze this kind of thing.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sat 22 Apr 2017, 8:32 am

I find it so interesting that both Kylo and Luke want the same thing -- destroy the Jedi. While Kylo is not a hero or a nice person, it really puts his behavior and motivation into perspective. They really did find something serious during their travels.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 22 Apr 2017, 10:17 am

Saracene wrote:I just imagined this scenario:

Kylo: Jedi must end!
Luke: yeah I feel the same.
Kylo: Oh? Ok... cool... I'll be on my way then. Sorry for disturbance.

And Rey scratches her head thinking... these jedi are crazy. Razz

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sat 22 Apr 2017, 4:56 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Magnolia_3.0 wrote:Sorry if anyone in the group ever mentioned it! But did anyone else here find it strange that the image of the saber on this poster is incomplete? It reminds me of a scale weighing only one side. The side of Kylo (that by the way, Rey is inclined towards him).
@Magnolia_3.0

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but I think that's just a design element. Since making the starburst too balanced with same spikes on all sides would be too cartoonish and off sets the design. They're going for a lens glare effect and lens glares dont look like perfect starbursts.

The poster is orientend with a vertical asymmetrical balance with the blade in the middle but with Luke bigger and Kylo smaller, the lens glare is just following a similar pattern of asymmetry that's all.

Rey is right handed in this picture, and to create a dynamic looking yet static position, the body is posed in contraposto. Being right handed, her strong foot should be her left and so the lower body must face left, while the upper body goes the opposite way. Her strong foot isnt obvious since she stands astride, but her upperbody follows the dynamic of contraposto. 

So it's not because she's looking at Luke and not at Kylo. It's just design elements. Now for the reason why Luke is on the left and Kylo on the right, that's a whole different story that composition elements alone may not fully explain.
@Rei of Sunshine

But everything in the poster is just a design element.

If you think about it, Luke bigger than Kylo is also a design element too, so that it's not too symmetrical, and doesn't look like posters that have been done. OTOH, both at the same size would mean that they are two halves of the same coin or something, and with both of them not aligned you don't get that feeling.

OTOH, again, the bigger face is usually the villain in SW posters, so there's obviously that.

Light orbs, or lens flares, are important in the PT posters. They are placed in strategic places. There's one uniting Rey and Kylo in the TFA poster. Well, it is just a design element. But when is a design element just a design element?

Back to the starburst. I agree a perfectly symmetrical star could look artificial and even cartoonish. OTOH, again, the difference is quite big. I don't think it looks that natural either. And again, they could have put it on the other side. I think there are choices.

As to Rey's position, it's true that if she's right handed and if she's going to look at the blade she has to look to the right.

But still, I don't know, either you are allowed to look at the poster or you just say that all we have are design elements.

I don't have a degree in art, but I have a degree in literature. I can guarantee that 90% of what literary scholarship does is analyse elements that were not intended by the author. Still, if it's art, there's something else called inspiration, and unconscious decisions can also have meaning. Even if they're just design elements.

But sure, great observations, and it's good to remember not to go wild with speculation about the poster.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Apr 2017, 6:56 am

[quote="AceofWands"]
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Rei of Sunshine

If you think about it, Luke bigger than Kylo is also a design element too, so that it's not too symmetrical, and doesn't look like posters that have been done. OTOH, both at the same size would mean that they are two halves of the same coin or something, and with both of them not aligned you don't get that feeling.

OTOH, again, the bigger face is usually the villain in SW posters, so there's obviously that.

Light orbs, or lens flares, are important in the PT posters. They are placed in strategic places. There's one uniting Rey and Kylo in the TFA poster. Well, it is just a design element. But when is a design element just a design element?

Back to the starburst. I agree a perfectly symmetrical star could look artificial and even cartoonish. OTOH, again, the difference is quite big. I don't think it looks that natural either. And again, they could have put it on the other side. I think there are choices.

As to Rey's position, it's true that if she's right handed and if she's going to look at the blade she has to look to the right.

But still, I don't know, either you are allowed to look at the poster or you just say that all we have are design elements.

I don't have a degree in art, but I have a degree in literature. I can guarantee that 90% of what literary scholarship does is analyse elements that were not intended by the author. Still, if it's art, there's something else called inspiration, and unconscious decisions can also have meaning. Even if they're just design elements.

But sure, great observations, and it's good to remember not to go wild with speculation about the poster.
@AceofWands
It's the same for art. I don't think there's any intentional meaning behind the starburst. It's asymmetrical simply to make it shine more, nothing else. It's a way to trick human eye.Kylo's and Luke's faces aren't aligned because that would make people think it's the same person when they first see the poster. But there's something else...when you have only 3 characters on a poster, the 2 of them (most likely the smaller ones) usually have some kind of *cough cough* romantic subplot
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 0e6d0f10

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 8a9d4310

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 Prison10

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 Potc_d10

But what do we silly twilight fangirls know, right?  Lolilol

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 23 Apr 2017, 7:07 am

@Force Ghost holy frik!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sun 23 Apr 2017, 7:36 am

AceofWands wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Rei of Sunshine

@AceofWands

It's a simple lens glare, geez... 

Not every single detail needs a profound analysis, in art or literature. Sometimes the curtains are just blue. 

[size=42]Next thing you know people are analyzing the number of stars on Kylo's half of the poster = jedi padawans he killed. [/size]
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 23 Apr 2017, 7:41 am

What I'm getting from that poster is that Kylo's nose is leading him to the Light, but his glorious hair remains firmly on the Dark Side Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 23 Apr 2017, 7:44 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:What I'm getting from that poster is that Kylo's nose is leading him to the Light, but his glorious hair remains firmly on the Dark Side Razz
@Darth Dingbat

Well, he is a brunette.........
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 23 Apr 2017, 9:05 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@AceofWands

Not every single detail needs a profound analysis, in art or literature. Sometimes the curtains are just blue. 

[size=42]Next thing you know people are analyzing the number of stars on Kylo's half of the poster = jedi padawans he killed. [/size]
@Rei of Sunshine

Wow, that's awesome. Plus not only counting the stars, but if anyone knows about astrology, we could chart their maps on the skies.

Plus there are the clouds in the bottom. More clouds on Luke's side. Razz

@Force Ghost I love your comparison.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 23 Apr 2017, 9:50 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
AceofWands wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Magnolia_3.0

@Rei of Sunshine

@AceofWands

@"Rei of Sunshine"

So that's what they are...I saw those little dots by Kylo's neck and thought it was pattern on whatever costume he's wearing... Smile
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 23 Apr 2017, 9:53 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine

So that's what they are...I saw those little dots by Kylo's neck and thought it was pattern on whatever costume he's wearing... Smile
@motherofpearl1

That would be so glam! And Luke too. Total pimp!

Last edited by AceofWands on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 23 Apr 2017, 10:23 am

I'd like to see both of them glam up...
although this is a bit too much

http://www.bobsliberace.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/liberace-is-back.jpg
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 23 Apr 2017, 10:26 am

Piper Maru wrote:I find it so interesting that both Kylo and Luke want the same thing -- destroy the Jedi. While Kylo is not a hero or a nice person, it really puts his behavior and motivation into perspective. They really did find something serious during their travels.
@Piper Maru

I actually don't think he's a 'bad person' myself....just damaged and tormented. This doesn't excuse the things he's done but he's a saint compared to Hux.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 23 Apr 2017, 10:57 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I'd like to see both of them glam up...
although this is a bit too much

http://www.bobsliberace.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/liberace-is-back.jpg
@motherofpearl1

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 Liberace-is-back

Perfect! I looked for such a pic but could not find it. Now I will always look at this poster, imagine those are patterns on their clothes, and imagine that!
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:10 am

Oh boy...I've just realised.

Look at the collar of the cloak....Liberace is really Snoke!!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 23 Apr 2017, 11:56 am

Oh my, I hadn't noticed the stars, but now I see them on the hair of Luke and Kylo, but only on Kylo's face and not Luke's. Ha! Another hint for... I don't know. Kylo having a face more suited for and not being afraid of wearing glitter on his cheeks. It's another generation after all Very Happy

I am into astrology and now that I see the stars, I can't help looking for constellations of astrological signs, which obviously will not be there.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:00 pm

I'm sure I can see Orion's Belt next to Kylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:01 pm

Oh my, there's a heart made of stars on Luke's side of the poster. Ruke confirmed! Razz
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:06 pm

Ok but this is interesting...

how different would our conversations be if this had been the official poster?

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 7 Tj8qqkisrvsy
(fan made)
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:12 pm

YES....

Makes one think.......
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next