Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think will be in the first Ep VIII trailer?

+10
Lily Snape
ISeeAnIsland
Saracene
Kessel
ZioRen
vaderito
MeadowofAshes
creepi0
Sylvia Snow
ReyofLightSide
14 posters

Go down

What do you think will be in the first Ep VIII trailer? Empty What do you think will be in the first Ep VIII trailer?

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 19 Sep 2016, 5:43 pm

Shots of Ach-to
Luke meditating
Kylo from behind walking towards Rey on the cliff?
Some sort of action/flying shots with Poe
Shot of the KOR together
Finn, who knows?

What we won't see
Kylo unmasked
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

What do you think will be in the first Ep VIII trailer? Empty Re: What do you think will be in the first Ep VIII trailer?

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 19 Sep 2016, 6:12 pm

Finn and KMT on space horse!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

What do you think will be in the first Ep VIII trailer? Empty Re: What do you think will be in the first Ep VIII trailer?

Post by Sylvia Snow Mon 19 Sep 2016, 6:40 pm

A glimpse of Kylo and Rey confrontation, with their sabers ready in hands and if we lucky we could have a shot of their conflicted faces expression for one another. As if they're physically ready to battle but their spirits are not
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 19 Sep 2016, 6:51 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:A glimpse of Kylo and Rey confrontation, with their sabers ready in hands and if we lucky we could have a shot of their conflicted faces expression for one another. As if they're physically ready to battle but their spirits are not
@Sylvia Snow

I think we'll see something from their confrontation, but it'll either be a shot of Kylo from behind or a shot where he's still masked. I think they leave the unmasking (and the scar) for the movie because they'll want it to be a big impact moment when he unmasks and Rey sees his scar.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:18 pm

I think the scene with Luke ignite his lightsaber definitely will be there to hype the old generation fan
creepi0
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:21 pm

Kylo looking like a villainous villain. Probably saying something a villainous villain would say too.
Rey with a lightsaber on Ahch-To.
Luke.
Poe and Finn together because they were a big hit in TFA.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 19 Sep 2016, 8:27 pm

Bunch of scenes out of context so that one can't guess the story. New characters especially KMT. Unfortunately, masked Kylo. They just won't put unmasked one in marketing material even though it would break the Internet. But, than, what's Internet? Maslany/GoT win broke the Internet but Emmy raitings went to toilet, worst ever.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Mon 19 Sep 2016, 9:04 pm

I'm actually not so convinced we won't see unmasked Kylo in previews. His face with that scar would be a powerful image alone and a callback to the final fight in TFA. It's hype without spoiling anything.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 19 Sep 2016, 9:25 pm

vaderito wrote:Bunch of scenes out of context so that one can't guess the story. New characters especially KMT. Unfortunately, masked Kylo. They just won't put unmasked one in marketing material even though it would break the Internet. But, than, what's Internet? Maslany/GoT win broke the Internet but Emmy raitings went to toilet, worst ever.  
@vaderito

Yeah, there will definitely be scenes cropped together out of context, like they did with that one TFA trailer which showed Poe screaming in the interrogation chair, immediately followed by the SKB explosion. And yeah, I doubt we'll get maskless Kylo, although, they could show him from the back or with his hood up, in the rain (with lightening), about to turn around (or take off his mask), but then the scene changes before we fully see his face.

I think there will be quite a few action scenes (i.e. shots of x wings in dog fights or escapes). I hope we get a glimpse of the Rey and Kylo duel.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 20 Sep 2016, 12:34 am

Kessel89 wrote:
vaderito wrote:Bunch of scenes out of context so that one can't guess the story. New characters especially KMT. Unfortunately, masked Kylo. They just won't put unmasked one in marketing material even though it would break the Internet. But, than, what's Internet? Maslany/GoT win broke the Internet but Emmy raitings went to toilet, worst ever.  
@vaderito

Yeah, there will definitely be scenes cropped together out of context, like they did with that one TFA trailer which showed Poe screaming in the interrogation chair, immediately followed by the SKB explosion. And yeah, I doubt we'll get maskless Kylo, although, they could show him from the back or with his hood up, in the rain (with lightening), about to turn around (or take off his mask), but then the scene changes before we fully see his face.

I think there will be quite a few action scenes (i.e. shots of x wings in dog fights or escapes). I hope we get a glimpse of the Rey and Kylo duel.
@Kessel89

Or Kylo in shrouded Dark Anakin mode, with the scarred half of his face in shadow from his hood. Minus the yellow eyes, because that guy was less Dark than he had been in six years by the end of TFA.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 20 Sep 2016, 12:41 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:Shots of Ach-to
Luke meditating
Kylo from behind walking towards Rey on the cliff?
Some sort of action/flying shots with Poe
Shot of the KOR together
Finn, who knows?

What we won't see
Kylo unmasked
@ReyofLightSide

Finn being awesome-- fan service, and he deserves it.

Some voiceover from an OT character.

Poe looking serious.

Rey vs. Kylo, definitely. Probably with the mask, although I love the idea of the mask off and the two of them in another stare-down, lightsabers locked.

Rainy dramatic Ahch To shots.

Swooping flying shots.

Someone piloting the Falcon.

Nothing that would give away what Luke is like these days, that's for sure.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 20 Sep 2016, 12:51 am

creepi0 wrote:I think the scene with Luke ignite his lightsaber definitely will be there to hype the old generation fan
@creepi0

Haha I was about to post the same. I'm not even an old generation fan but it would still hype me for sure Smile

Masked Kylo swearing vengeance, maybe? And definitely a glimpse of him fighting Rey. Knights of Ren perhaps.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 20 Sep 2016, 12:56 am

Saracene wrote:
creepi0 wrote:I think the scene with Luke ignite his lightsaber definitely will be there to hype the old generation fan
@creepi0

Haha I was about to post the same. I'm not even an old generation fan but it would still hype me for sure Smile

Masked Kylo swearing vengeance, maybe? And definitely a glimpse of him fighting Rey. Knights of Ren perhaps.
@Saracene

A shot of Luke igniting the green saber could be a nice parallel/callback to Kylo igniting the cross guard saber in the TFA trailer.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 20 Sep 2016, 12:59 am

Saracene wrote:
@creepi0

@Saracene

Rain, lightning, KOR-- Rey's vision come to life. I wouldn't be surprised to see that.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:25 am

LUKE FANSERVICE

It might give the wrong impression again and people will think he's the protag this time around, but I won't put it past TPTB to use Luke red herrings for teasers.

-Achc To shots

-a shot of levitating rocks (Dagobah call back)

-Luke VO about somone needing to balance the Force, while we see Rey's face looking conflicted

-A shot of Kylo from behind while he walks up the Jedi Steps... (lol, not sure of this one)

-and finally ofc, green lightsaber ignition, then fade as Binary Sunset plays.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 20 Sep 2016, 1:38 am

Nothing much clever to add really:

Luke - definitely for good old times sake - meditating on a rock during sunset.

Sun fades - the darkenss comes.

The storm starts.

Kylo arrives.

Cut to Rey ready to fight.

Some space flying action (Poe involved)

Finn in "Dubrovnik", probably in company with KMT and BB-8.

Phasma and her troopers - looking menacing.

A bit of Leia - somewhere.

The end.

A clash of two lightsabers - blue and red.

The saga continues - in your theaters next december....blah,blah, blah.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Wed 21 Sep 2016, 3:45 am

Here is what I think we'll see (everything will be shown very briefly in a blink and you'll miss manner)

-Shot of the island  (Luke's voice saying something about the lightsaber but giving away nothing of the plot)

- Leia's anxious face (Rey's voice in the background saying something to the effect - the resistance needs you)

- Lightning flashes

- Kylo's feet striding on Ahch-to (his face isn't shown)- he ignites his lightsaber

- Rey in struggling to get up from the mud in the rain (Kylo's voice saying something about the end of the resistance and the republic)

- X-wings and TIE fighters clashing in space

- quick shots of Finn being thrown by Phasma and Poe yelling at Laura Dern's character (Poe's voice - shouting something about Leia)

-explosion

- Snoke's voice laughing diabolically and saying the resistance is dead (fade to black)

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by hrivulja Sat 24 Sep 2016, 2:53 am

All I want to see is Kylo and Rey together in a shot. That's all I need. :-)
When do you guys think it's gonna come out? Or at least, a teaser trailer?
The Force awakens 88second teaser was released on November 28th 2014, so could we be getting the same this year?
hrivulja
hrivulja
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down