Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+89
Little_Boots
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
colibri
TheBastardofMandalore
Casper
Blood Moon
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
Krafty
Lovely_Rose
RosiePancake
Ben-Solo
Marie Ren
Forsythia
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
Anakin Skywalker
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
4forYouRey-lolo
Armadeus
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Airemyn
Mana
Night Huntress
Man Without A Star
Moonlight13
Millicent the Cat
guardienne
Kessel
Tex
Lily Snape
Angel Of Iego
rey09
Kylo Men
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
ReyofLightSide
Marchtwin
Piper Maru
Kyla Ren
Gemini
Xylo Ren
darthbutterfingers
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Reylo Lemon
Hasi
Magnolia_3.0
bossbaby
EchoBase
SheLitAFire
MyOnlyHope
MeadowofAshes
Irina de France
Helix
Reylo4life
Darth Dingbat
fuhry
MoonFyre
SkyStar
motherofpearl1
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
vaderito
IoJovi
Acritiqua
snufkin
nemapasara
Rogue Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
Saracene
DarthRen
Reynak
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
Jakku
93 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 16 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 15 Sep 2017, 10:10 am

tukicarreno wrote:Anyone knows when exactly in October is the trailer going to be finally out? Is there a specific date yet? Sigh....

I think October 16? Or somewhere near there. Can't wait!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Tue 19 Sep 2017, 10:47 am

Apparently Mark Hamill tease-tweeted (and then deleted) a trailer date.....

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/09/star-wars-last-jedi-trailer-coming-october-9th/
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Tue 19 Sep 2017, 1:06 pm

I'm kinda sad it's not during the Broncos game. I'm from Colorado!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 19 Sep 2017, 1:23 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:I'm kinda sad it's not during the Broncos game. I'm from Colorado!
@SheLitAFire

Check out the Tweets thread. The date might be up in the air again because Mark might have been trolling.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sat 30 Sep 2017, 11:56 am

With new trailers and tv spots on the way I have this question .... if Rey and Kylo in fact fight together during TLJ, are they going to show a snip of it in the next trailer? Like, just a flash of them side by side, sabers lit, battling the guards or whomever? My first inclination is that they would keep it hidden, since they have for so long. But I can also see where that would unleash a tidal wave of "Wait, what?" buzz both into fandom and the GA.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 30 Sep 2017, 12:02 pm

Kylo Men wrote:With new trailers and tv spots on the way I have this question .... if Rey and Kylo in fact fight together during TLJ, are they going to show a snip of it in the next trailer? Like, just a flash of them side by side, sabers lit, battling the guards or whomever? My first inclination is that they would keep it hidden, since they have for so long. But I can also see where that would unleash a tidal wave of "Wait, what?" buzz both into fandom and the GA.
@Kylo Men

This is the million dollar question of the century. You’d think showing Rey and Kylo fighting would be as uncontroversial as getting a pedicure, but for some reason LF doesn’t seem to see it that way. Any interactions between Rey and Kylo are completely hidden, other than toys which seem to pair them together at every chance. Heck, they even have a his and hers perfume collection!!!!

Part of me actually wonders if they fight even a single time during the movie...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sat 30 Sep 2017, 1:55 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:With new trailers and tv spots on the way I have this question .... if Rey and Kylo in fact fight together during TLJ, are they going to show a snip of it in the next trailer? Like, just a flash of them side by side, sabers lit, battling the guards or whomever? My first inclination is that they would keep it hidden, since they have for so long. But I can also see where that would unleash a tidal wave of "Wait, what?" buzz both into fandom and the GA.
@Kylo Men

This is the million dollar question of the century. You’d think showing Rey and Kylo fighting would be as uncontroversial as getting a pedicure, but for some reason LF doesn’t seem to see it that way. Any interactions between Rey and Kylo are completely hidden, other than toys which seem to pair them together at every chance. Heck, they even have a his and hers perfume collection!!!!

Part of me actually wonders if they fight even a single time during the movie...

@IoJovi

I was actually excited for the rumored 10 second tv spots and upcoming trailer just so I could see Rey and Kylo interacting. Then I remembered how they seem to keep them underwraps in TFA promotion and just might do that AGAIN.

Now I am both excited and managing my expectations for the trailers! Will they show or wont they show Rey and Kylo together?!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Sep 2017, 2:51 pm

IoJovi wrote:
@Kylo Men

@IoJovi

I think the fact that they had to go on a "forced dinner" in Ireland and the pro-Reylo marketing says it all. I'm in the "they won't show a doggone thing between Rey and Kylo" in the trailer. Maybe single shots of each igniting their saber, but I'm sure they have a lot of scenes together in this movie. One thing that gets overlooked is a lot of the filming took place in the studio, behind closed doors, and there is 2 1/2 hours worth of this film. I think they'll at least initiate a fight; probably she's the one who starts it because she's pissed at him for killing Han. But something tells me it's not going to go the way the GA expects.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:00 pm

Forget about the trailer, what about the rating? Sex is always subtext in the franchise, but if there's anything in the rating about 'sensuality' (think that's the term here for the MPAA ratings), people are gonna be wondering what that's about.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:04 pm

snufkin wrote:Forget about the trailer, what about the rating? Sex is always subtext in the franchise, but if there's anything in the rating about 'sensuality' (think that's the term here for the MPAA ratings), people are gonna be wondering what that's about.
@snufkin

violence and Implied sex gains a PG-13 right? while extreme violence, and sex is PG-16 and explicit sex, gore and traumatic horror is PG-18.

So I supposed when TLJ gains a PG-13 we'll know something is up. hahaha

ETA: i meant R-16 and R-18 lols haha

Last edited by Rei of Sunshine on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:06 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
snufkin wrote:Forget about the trailer, what about the rating? Sex is always subtext in the franchise, but if there's anything in the rating about 'sensuality' (think that's the term here for the MPAA ratings), people are gonna be wondering what that's about.
@snufkin

violence and Implied sex gains a PG-13 right? while extreme violence, and sex is PG-16 and explicit sex, gore and traumatic horror is PG-18.

@Rei of Sunshine

I would be happy with an R rating for sexual situations. I realize this is Disney/Star Wars and there is no way in the seven hells that will EVER happen, but I am also completely shameless in admitting this, and I want my preferences known... lol!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:10 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@snufkin

@Rei of Sunshine

I would be happy with an R rating for sexual situations. I realize this is Disney/Star Wars and there is no way in the seven hells that will EVER happen, but I am also completely shameless in admitting this, and I want my preferences known... lol!
@IoJovi

Forgot there was an R rating haha. What rating was Pirates of the Carribean 3? There was implied sex there with all the violence. So far, that would be our best basis for a mature audience rating for TLJ.

Wasn't TFA PG13 as well?
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:12 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@snufkin

@Rei of Sunshine

@IoJovi

I wouldn't rule out them putting a "sensuality" or "sensual themes". Let us not forget that the whole Trial of the Temple Jedi Academy in Disneyland has Kylo Ren busting the seductive moves on the actress playing the Jedi-in-training. I do believe that either in dreams or in reality, in the movie he'll be more seductive when trying to convince Rey to come to the Dark Side. But let's get serious, they're never going to go full pell-mell. But I do think in the future, like we saw with "Logan", there might be an R-rated Star Wars movie (but a rating that has more to do with violence along the lines of Rogue One). I've wondered that too, though, if they'll do a rating warning...

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:13 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@snufkin

@Rei of Sunshine

I would be happy with an R rating for sexual situations.  I realize this is Disney/Star Wars and there is no way in the seven hells that will EVER happen, but I am also completely shameless in admitting this, and I want my preferences known...  lol!
@IoJovi

Forgot there was an R rating haha. What rating was Pirates of the Carribean 3? There was implied sex there with all the violence. So far, that would be our best basis for a mature audience rating for TLJ.

Wasn't TFA PG13 as well?
@Rei of Sunshine

That’s right - TFA was PG-13.   Pirates was Disney and yes, I believe it was PG-13 as well.  It definitely wasn’t R.  If we get a Reylo scene like the one given to Will and Elizabeth at the end of At Worlds End, I’ll probably permanently lose my ability speak.  Shocked
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:17 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@snufkin

@Rei of Sunshine

@IoJovi

I wouldn't rule out them putting a "sensuality" or "sensual themes". Let us not forget that the whole Trial of the Temple Jedi Academy in Disneyland has Kylo Ren busting the seductive moves on the actress playing the Jedi-in-training. I do believe that either in dreams or in reality, in the movie he'll be more seductive when trying to convince Rey to come to the Dark Side. But let's get serious, they're never going to go full pell-mell. But I do think in the future, like we saw with "Logan", there might be an R-rated Star Wars movie (but a rating that has more to do with violence along the lines of Rogue One). I've wondered that too, though, if they'll do a rating warning...
@RandomObserver

I wonder if the seductive Kylo of Disneyland is merely acting upon his own understanding and assumptions of the character, or it's stated in the script how he needs to be seductive like the Dark Side.

Can't wait for Disneyland Kylo and Disneyland Rey to flirt around during lightsaber duels haha
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:22 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@snufkin

@Rei of Sunshine

@IoJovi

@RandomObserver

I wonder if the seductive Kylo of Disneyland is merely acting upon his own understanding and assumptions of the character, or it's stated in the script how he needs to be seductive like the Dark Side.

Can't wait for Disneyland Kylo and Disneyland Rey to flirt around during lightsaber duels haha
@Rei of Sunshine

Good question. I'm a Disneyland addict, and the last three times I've gone with the fam, whether it's the same dude acting or not, he's acted the same each time, getting into the actress's personal space, right over her shoulder, twirling his hand in front of her and getting right over her neck when he says "join me." My husband joked, "I'm strangely turned on" the last time we went, LOL. And yes, we'll see what comes after TLJ. I'm excited for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:25 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@snufkin

@Rei of Sunshine

@IoJovi

@RandomObserver

@Rei of Sunshine

Good question. I'm a Disneyland addict, and the last three times I've gone with the fam, whether it's the same dude acting or not, he's acted the same each time, getting into the actress's personal space, right over her shoulder, twirling his hand in front of her and getting right over her neck when he says "join me." My husband joked, "I'm strangely turned on" the last time we went, LOL. And yes, we'll see what comes after TLJ. I'm excited for it.
@RandomObserver

Man I’m so jealous. Hubby and I were Disneyland connoisseurs when we lived in SoCal. We had annual passes and would go twice weekly on average. I’d be giving anything to live there now and experience flirty Kylo. You’d probably have to peel me up off the floor...

It might be embarrassing for those around me, but I’d be in seventh heaven... Laughing

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:25 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@snufkin

@Rei of Sunshine

@IoJovi

@RandomObserver

@Rei of Sunshine

@RandomObserver

Didn't they introduce their Rey park actress during Celebration? I was expecting that by now they'd pull a stunt like Kylo actor carrying the Rey actress across the park while a platoon of troopers followed! Wouldn't that be a sight!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:26 pm

PG-13 was here in the States likely for Han getting skewered and the massacre at the beginning. All of Johnson's previous films have been R for violence, language, and sex, so we'll see if this is anything lower than a PG-13. I was mostly joking about the rating being a spoiler, but who knows! Funny to think ESB got away with being straight PG with did they or didn't they for Han and Leia (even as a kid I figured they knocked boots on Bespin) and Luke gets his hand cut off by his father. Though that's in the pre-PG-13 era, which came about thanks to parents complaining about the heart pulled from the chest scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

@RandomObserver - we've been getting the Halloween marketing campaign up here and so far, no Kylo shown in the parade of Disney villains for the commercials. But you may be right that he tries to be more overtly seductive with her, either once they're alone together or in any vision/dream sequences. The whole entertaining point of their scenes together in TFA is that he's the one who ends up seduced despite being the pursuer.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:29 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@snufkin

@Rei of Sunshine

I would be happy with an R rating for sexual situations.  I realize this is Disney/Star Wars and there is no way in the seven hells that will EVER happen, but I am also completely shameless in admitting this, and I want my preferences known...  lol!
@IoJovi

@RandomObserver

What! Where can I view this online??? Probably won't make it to Disney for a few years, but surely someone's smart phone has captured it, lol  Twisted Evil
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:31 pm

snufkin wrote:PG-13 was here in the States likely for Han getting skewered and the massacre at the beginning. All of Johnson's previous films have been R for violence, language, and sex, so we'll see if this is anything lower than a PG-13. I was mostly joking about the rating being a spoiler, but who knows! Funny to think ESB got away with being straight PG with did they or didn't they for Han and Leia (even as a kid I figured they knocked boots on Bespin) and Luke gets his hand cut off by his father. Though that's in the pre-PG-13 era, which came about thanks to parents complaining about the heart pulled from the chest scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

@RandomObserver - we've been getting the Halloween marketing campaign up here and so far, no Kylo shown in the parade of Disney villains for the commercials. But you may be right that he tries to be more overtly seductive with her, either once they're alone together or in any vision/dream sequences. The whole entertaining point of their scenes together in TFA is that he's the one who ends up seduced despite being the pursuer.
@snufkin

To be fair, ESB came out in 1980.  This was before the PG-13 rating had been created.  I believe that came around in 1984 in response to Gremlins, which pushed the limit as far as blood and violence goes.  I think if ESB came out today, it’d earn a solid PG-13 rating.  I remember being a terrified five year old screaming my head off in the theater at the Luke and Vader scene.  My poor mom!  Looking back it makes sense as that is a lot for a kid to take in.

Last edited by IoJovi on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:31 pm

snufkin wrote:PG-13 was here in the States likely for Han getting skewered and the massacre at the beginning. All of Johnson's previous films have been R for violence, language, and sex, so we'll see if this is anything lower than a PG-13. I was mostly joking about the rating being a spoiler, but who knows! Funny to think ESB got away with being straight PG with did they or didn't they for Han and Leia (even as a kid I figured they knocked boots on Bespin) and Luke gets his hand cut off by his father. Though that's in the pre-PG-13 era, which came about thanks to parents complaining about the heart pulled from the chest scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

@snufkin

You're on the nose, there. The interesting thing is that the actress in the Trials of the Temple show isn't Rey, and neither is the older Jedi who trains her; it's something like Jayda or something. Has anyone else seen the "Can Kylo Ren be redeemed?" posters? They're around Tomorrowland in obscure places. But anyway, yeah, follow the marketing. I think he's not in the parade of villains because he's not a villain. Like Rian said, he's a protagonist. I do think he's anti-hero who's going to be redeemed, and that's like the coolest storyline you can do for a hero. I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:34 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@snufkin

@Rei of Sunshine

@IoJovi

@RandomObserver

What! Where can I view this online??? Probably won't make it to Disney for a few years, but surely someone's smart phone has captured it, lol  Twisted Evil
@Cowgirlsamurai

about 19 minutes in.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:42 pm

@IoJovi - I had this weird mix of what I was and wasn't allowed to watch as a kid (trashy commercial TV no, but the Scarlet Letter, yes), so I don't remember being as upset over that scene versus Han getting frozen. If you wanna talk about traumatic childhood movie experiences, my mom took me to see Bambi because my grandma took her and the scene where Bambi's mother gets killed by the hunters is what traumatized me. With Luke, I think I wasn't nearly as freaked out. Though thanks to that scene, we now have all these people expecting Rey will be his daughter or there will be a shocking twist for the sake of a shocking twist.

@RandomObserver - they were running brief spots on here for awhile about going to Disneyland to meet him and see if he can be redeemed. Which seems a little too on the nose also. I missed out on all the run-up hype for TFA's release and had no opinion about the spoiler that he killed Han. But when I saw the movie and saw him around both Rey and his dad, plus what Leia has to say, I was like "this guy isn't Vader, he's a screwed up tragic hero." And everything that's come out about Rey (or even having finally seen Wonder Woman yesterday), it's like the people who keep insisting the story will go a certain way just need to hush up because this is going to be not going to be a story about redemptive violence.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 30 Sep 2017, 3:59 pm

@RandomObserver

Thank you! Of course this kind of thing goes on at Disneyland Very Happy All the little kids in Jedi robes slay me! Maybe we should save our pennies for a trip to Disney sooner rather than later Very Happy
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next