Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

+89
Little_Boots
reylo1992
TheLastJedi
colibri
TheBastardofMandalore
Casper
Blood Moon
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Sylvia Snow
Krafty
Lovely_Rose
RosiePancake
Ben-Solo
Marie Ren
Forsythia
Darth Rowan
Darth Dementor
Anakin Skywalker
BenRey
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
nite0wl29
4forYouRey-lolo
Armadeus
Cowgirlsamurai
tukicarreno
Airemyn
Mana
Night Huntress
Man Without A Star
Moonlight13
Millicent the Cat
guardienne
Kessel
Tex
Lily Snape
Angel Of Iego
rey09
Kylo Men
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
ReyofLightSide
Marchtwin
Piper Maru
Kyla Ren
Gemini
Xylo Ren
darthbutterfingers
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Moonjump05
spacebaby45678
jakkusun
MindAndMagic
Reylo Lemon
Hasi
Magnolia_3.0
bossbaby
EchoBase
SheLitAFire
MyOnlyHope
MeadowofAshes
Irina de France
Helix
Reylo4life
Darth Dingbat
fuhry
MoonFyre
SkyStar
motherofpearl1
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
AceofWands
vaderito
IoJovi
Acritiqua
snufkin
nemapasara
Rogue Rey
FrolickingFizzgig
panki
Saracene
DarthRen
Reynak
SanghaRen
Birdwoman
Jakku
93 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Empty Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:55 am

Darth Dingbat wrote:
EchoBase wrote:I think it should be somehow misleading, because now many people think Rey will join the darkside whereas the truth is that either Kylo switches sides or they team up for another reason.
@EchoBase

Exactly this!

Darth_Awakened wrote:
vaderito wrote:SLOTH ANAKIN CONFIRMED:

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 VzuBqRL
@vaderito

So, the nudist huge chicken monsters are not the same species as this underwater thing (let's call him Sloth Anakin for now lol! )
@Darth_Awakened

That's a skull, right? I think it's a skull. Anyway, I'm sure there's going to be a real serpentine dragon creature in the water, too. Remember how there was apparently a huge creature built at Pinewood with a long neck? I'm thinking it's this species.
@Darth Dingbat

Yeah, it could be skull.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 10 Oct 2017, 3:58 am

SkyStar wrote:So that moment, when Kylo picks saber, is that the moment when Snoke tortures Rey?
@SkyStar

I hope so... that could also lead to the scene where they fight the Snokes guards together
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by EchoBase Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:11 am

Just ordered my tickets for the midnight premiere on Wednesday night. Claps Jumping
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:15 am

Hi guys! I am glad to be back because it has been a long while. I unfortunately have no time anymore to post regularly on the forum but it's always fun to read all these posts. So here is what I take from this trailer keeping in mind what I wrote in my last posts.

First of all, I am really glad to see that the very thing they did in the trailer was to emphasize how much Kylo Ren represents something special for Snoke unless the big twist is that he is actually talking to Rey given the fact that we see her in his throne room at the end. Still, I rather assume that he is indeed talking to Kylo because I've always thought that Snoke wouldn't have spent 30 years putting so much effort in creating creating a masterpiece...just to throw itaway! The word Snoke uses are really interesting because he says that when he found him, he saw:
1) "Raw"
2) "Untamed power" or "Unattained power"scratch
3) "And beyond that...something truly special"
This basically confirms that Kylo isn't just a toy that Snoke uses for war because he indeed has raw power: there is definitely something special about him that Snoke recognized. So this brings me back to one of the most important question I have always asked myself: what is so special in Kylo that made Snoke  eager to use him "for his power" and what is the ultimate purpose in doing it? So this also brings me back to Mark Hamill's statement that Luke made a huge mistake in thinking that Ben was the Chosen One. What is so special in Ben that awoke both Luke and Snoke's interest in him?  Interestingly, the first part focusing on Kylo -  and that  last line "something truly special" - concludes with the transition from Kylo to Rey.

Second, the first part is about Kylo's backstory and the second about Rey's backstory, which confirms Rian Johnson's statement that they are both "two side of the protagonist". Rey also confirms that "something besides her has always been". She indeed seems to have raw power given the way she breaks the ground. I must say that as non-English speaker I am confused about the meaning of the expression "besides me" so I am waiting for an official French translation or a clue from you guys.  Is she talking about something special in her?  Is she talking about a presence (Kylo's:?: Question ) that has always been by her side (we know from the novel that she has been regularly dreaming about him)?  One thing is sure: it is emphasized that she needs help and guidance from someone, which is emphasized by the end of the trailer.

Third, Kylo is obviously sent on a mission to destroy the fleet on the Resistance and let go of his past by killing his mother with the fleet. Since Leia is gonna survive until the Crait battle, I expect that he won't do it. So the question is what comes next for him if he doesn't?  

[EDIT] Fourth , I just saw the official translation and could understand something that I didn't in the VO. So Luke is saying that he only had seen this raw strenght only once before and it scares him. So what where did he see it before he saw it with Rey? Since he belived Kylo to be the Chosen One and that Snoke said that he saw "raw power" in Kylo, I suppose that Luke saw this in Kylo. Or maybe he saw this with Snoke and establish a connection with Rey. According to Luke's reaction, we can expeect that this will impact his relationship: what if he would try to eliminate Rey because he thinks this "raw strenghth" may be a danger because Snoke would use it as he did with Kylo? Maybe he tries to kill her when she goes into the water?

Fifth, Luke's line "this is not going to go the way you think" obviously takes place on Ahch-To. So either he is talking to Rey or Kylo. I would bet Rey because I think that theses scenes may be related because:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur10
1) Both scenes have a dark background
2) Both scenes takes places on rocks
3) Luke wears his dark outfit
4) Luke is obviously trying to make someone come to his sense. This may be Rey because we already know that their relationship will be tense. So this may be a clue that Luke ain't the person Rey needs.
5) Luke may try to calm Rey down because she had a vision after falling into the water since Daisy went to a center to experience lucid dreams. We all know that vision can lead to misunderstanding and bad interpretation of the future. So maybe Rey will experience a vision and come back completely upset.
6) The only thing that bother me is that it is obviously raining when Luke tells this line and I can't figure out if this the case as Rey comes out from the water. Then maybe Luke is talking to Kylo as they are battling under the rain Question

Sixth,  the most confusing part is about Snoke and Rey. If we come back to the beginning of the trailer, it seems that Snoke talked to Kylo and I truly think this is indeed the case. However, the importance of the scene in the throne room can't be ignored. First, we know from Rian Johnson that Crait will play a key role in the movie. We also know that Finn and Rey will be on Crait at some point. Still, this shot confirms that Rey will confront Snoke in the throne room so she will anyway end up there at some point. Now what is Snoke doing to her? Either he is torturing her to death because she is a major threat to his evil plan, especially what he intended to achieve with Kylo. In a previous, I had pointed out how much Snoke seemed to behave like a jealous lover with Kylo, refusing that any other person than him play an important role in his life. So Rey would be his rival, the Padme that he must destroy or use to force Kylo to obey him. Or she maybe she is after all that something truly special that he wants to use for his evil plan, which brings back the possibility of Snoke trying to turn Rey to the DS.  

Seventh, that powerful conclusion:
Rey "I needsomeone to show me my place in all of this" [/i]
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur11
...which brings us back to :
"You need a teacher! I can show you the ways of the Force"
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur12
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur13
Here comes the teacher and his puppy eyes!
cheers  cheers  cheers

Which by the way reminds me of this bonding moment:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur14
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur15

And something tells me that she doesn't need only a teacher or even a friend : her eyes are full of tears, her voice is nearly trembling under emotion as she is confessing this. Her attitude conveys that she needs someone who truly means something special to her because she obviously craves for the affection that she never got.

Last edited by reylo1992 on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:42 am; edited 2 times in total
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:20 am

Night Huntress wrote:
EchoBase wrote:I think it should be somehow misleading, because now many people think Rey will join the darkside whereas the truth is that either Kylo switches sides or they team up for another reason.
@EchoBase

In the scene where Snoke tortures Rey she has her "grey outfit" with hair down... while in the scene with Kylo she still wears her Arch-Too outfit and buns. So I think the scene with Kylo is before the scene with Snoke... In my opinion they join to end Snoke and it goes wrong somehow Confus
@Night Huntress

Yeah, I think it’s 2 different scenes. Rey looks like she’s in a quiet environment. Kylo looks like he’s in a battle environment. She has the buns. His scar is already healing. I think Rey might say this to Luke earlier in the movie. I still think though that Kylo does extend his hand to her, but not in the same scene. Maybe they don’t want to show what she looks like in the extended hand scene or what’s happening, but still nudge in the direction of Kylo and Rey are meant to work together.

And yes, to the foxes! I love them. And the poor things seem to run away from the battle.

Was Luke hoping she dies in the water? It’s a funny scene. She comes out, out of breath, and he’s standing there in the back. The guy is scared of her big time Smile
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:30 am

SanghaRen wrote:
@Night Huntress

Yeah, I think it’s 2 different scenes. Rey looks like she’s in a quiet environment. Kylo looks like he’s in a battle environment. She has the buns. His scar is already healing. I think Rey might say this to Luke earlier in the movie. I still think though that Kylo does extend his hand to her, but not in the same scene. Maybe they don’t want to show what she looks like in the extended hand scene or what’s happening, but still nudge in the direction of Kylo and Rey are meant to work together.
@SanghaRen

Yeah, I think she says that to Luke... at some point later (maybe after the scene with Snoke) Kylo do offer her his hand- hopefully after rescuing her from that evil ugly decaying thing.

Last edited by Night Huntress on Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:37 am

SanghaRen wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:
@EchoBase

In the scene where Snoke tortures Rey she has her "grey outfit" with hair down... while in the scene with Kylo she still wears her Arch-Too outfit and buns. So I think the scene with Kylo is before the scene with Snoke... In my opinion they join to end Snoke and it goes wrong somehow Confus
@Night Huntress

And yes, to the foxes! I love them. And the poor things seem to run away from the battle.

Was Luke hoping she dies in the water? It’s a funny scene. She comes out, out of breath, and he’s standing there in the back. The guy is scared of her big time Smile
@SanghaRen

Actually, that looks like it was spliced from two different scenes, too. Rey gets out of the water and it looks like some kind of a cave. Then in the next shot she's getting up from her knees and there are the huts in the background. And rubble! Hutsplosion??

ETA: well, not her knees, but crouching, sitting - whatever.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:41 am

SheLitAFire wrote:Ok I took a shower & had time for *some* of the giddiness to subside, I found it interesting that there wasn't a Canto Bright scene, no Rose, Hux, Holdo, or DJ. I'm not complaining at all because I loved the Rey, Kylo, Luke focus; just found it interesting. I'm super excited to find out more about LD & BDT's characters.

I was surprised about that too. I was expecting more Resistance/political presence but Disney and Lucasfilm KNOW where the money is, and that's always always the Force plot.

LOL at the reactions. Denialville is opening up free property and people are flocking like birds to it. Lucasfilm in all its misdirecting glory, thusly chose the monstrous 1% of the fandom known as the Reylos, to spend their thousands-of-dollars-trailer on.

I am honored they think we're large and threatening enough to have a whole trailer made to screw with us.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:47 am

One observation. The shot from teaser of Falcon shooting down the TIEs is from Crait battle.

The sun falling/rising is the same in the shots.

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Q0U82Ws
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Star-Wars-The-Last-Jedi16
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:48 am

THE TEARS!!!

THEY WON'T STOP STREAMING FROM MY EYES!!!

SOMEONE TELL ME THIS IS REAL LIFE

Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:49 am

Also can I say how refreshing it is that there was no mention of her family or teasing of her saying "Father?" and a cut to Luke. My worst case scenario with the trailer was them taking some out-of-context line of her asking about her father and then them putting a shot of Luke just to screw with us.

And yes, that would be an example of misdirection.

Nothing in this alludes to her lineage because as Daisy has said numerous times, it just doesn't matter all that much.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:50 am

Mark Hamill is legendary! !
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:50 am

Mark Hamill is legendary! !
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:50 am

Night Huntress wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:
@Night Huntress

@SanghaRen

Yeah, I think she says that to Luke... at some point later (maybe after the scene with Snoke) Kylo do offer her his hand- hopefully after rescuing her from that evil ugly decaying thing.
@Night Huntress

I am at work bored to death because I have barely have anything to do nowadays - we are on the edge of changes in the company so the managers are busy saving their a** instead of moving forward the business as in the calm before the storm - so I connected through my phone to the forum and am reading the 15 pages I missed. Obviously I realize that I repeated stuff that’s already been said by others which is always annoying. But it’s also interesting to read the anxious posts while I was sort of peacefully sleeping. I find the “hysteria” cute Smile

I don’t know when he extends his hand to her, but I am extremely confident that in spite of the editing, it’s to her and it’s a key moment in the movie. I am not crazy about analyzing too much trailers. I rarely try to guess the story based on a trailer. There are scenes and even dialog that might not even make it into the final movie. I am more on a receptive side. But it’s very interesting to see what they wanted to show us. And I am really surprised that they pushed Kylo to the front scene so much. A way to confirm that he is a d*** Skywalker and that if you were not in for Kylo’s story being important, maybe you should skip the movie altogether.

I can’t wait when my boss will start annoying me with Kylo impressions from the trailer. I told him last time that I will buy Kylo posters and decorate his office with them while he’s gone. I swear, he hasn’t realized yet what a Kylo fan is capable of Very Happy
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:08 am

With the French translation, I have just realized something about Luke reminiscing about the past:

1) We see Rey breaking the ground and here is Luke's reaction to this:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur18
"Oh s***! What is happening here!"

2) Then, he says "I have only seen this raw strenght once before" and this cuts to this moment:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur16
So this conveys that Luke was there as everything was destroyed. And he himself says that he witnessed this raw strenght once:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur17

3) And then concludes "It didn't scare me by that time but now it does!" with a shot of Rey looking kinda hurt and sorry

So what I understand from this is that Luke witnessed Ben entering in such an uncontrolable rage mode that led him use his raw and untamed power to destroy everything. So Luke will be scared that Rey hold the same kind of power as Ben and could become some kind of beast destroying everything in her rage. So he will try to train her but maybe stop while realizing her ability or even trying to get rid of her because she is a potential danger. So the idea of Luke sort of going to crusade against any potential treat seems more and more possible to me. So Rey will have seek help and confort from someone else, maybe someone who can relate because he is just like her Wink
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by colibri Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:42 am

EchoBase wrote:Just ordered my tickets for the midnight premiere on Wednesday night. Claps Jumping
@EchoBase Oh, I'd love to order my tickets, too, but I really want to watch the original version of the film and none of the cinemas where I live seem to be selling tickets for it yet.

I'm getting home now and can't wait for analysing the trailer! Smile

colibri
colibri
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:49 am

Chris Stuckmann is one of only three or four YouTube critics whose opinion I value and he posted this gem Very Happy

'What if?' indeed.

(Not sure how to make Tweets appear in the message. Sorry Sad )

Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:50 am

reylo1992 wrote:With the French translation, I have just realized something about Luke reminiscing about the past:

1) We see Rey breaking the ground and here is Luke's reaction to this:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur18
"Oh s***! What is happening here!"

2) Then, he says "I have only seen this raw strenght once before" and this cuts to this moment:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur16
So this conveys that Luke was there as everything was destroyed. And he himself says that he witnessed this raw strenght once:
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Captur17

3) And then concludes "It didn't scare me by that time but now it does!" with a shot of Rey looking kinda hurt and sorry

So what I understand from this is that Luke witnessed Ben entering in such an uncontrolable rage mode that led him use his raw and untamed power to destroy everything. So Luke will be scared that Rey hold the same kind of power as Ben and could become some kind of beast destroying everything in her rage. So he will try to train her but maybe stop while realizing her ability or even trying to get rid of her because she is a potential danger. So the idea of Luke sort of going to crusade against any potential treat seems more and more possible to me. So Rey will have seek help and confort from someone else, maybe someone who can relate because he is just like her Wink
@reylo1992

That is how i understand it as well - Luke wasn't scared of that power and he thinks it was a mistake, because he couldn't imagine what Ben could do, so now he doesn't want to make that same mistake with Rey. Something like that
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:51 am

colibri wrote:
EchoBase wrote:Just ordered my tickets for the midnight premiere on Wednesday night. Claps Jumping
@EchoBase Oh, I'd love to order my tickets, too, but I really want to watch the original version of the film and none of the cinemas where I live seem to be selling tickets for it yet.

I'm getting home now and can't wait for analysing the trailer! Smile

@colibri

Last year Off Broadway had screenings for the OV of Rogue One on the day after the premiere. I think they will release their schedules later. Since I am a very impatient person I had to book the earliest screening, I know the synchro sucks Wink.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:55 am

DarthRen wrote:I had to do it people.  Wink

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 SKp8FIv
@DarthRen

They are saying:

It didn't scare me then. It does now.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:58 am

AceofWands wrote:
DarthRen wrote:I had to do it people.  Wink

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 SKp8FIv
@DarthRen

They are saying:

It didn't scare me then. It does now.
@AceofWands

The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Tumblr_ojfpqejwJv1udkfkio1_500
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:06 am

This is going to be epic
The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - Page 35 Tumblr_oxl5lnktN81vr5m5eo4_540
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:13 am

Very tricksy of them to have the only trailer moment hinting on Rey and Kylo interactions done in such a way that most people aren't sure what exactly it means. They could have easily had an obvious clip of Rey and Kylo fighting again, or appearing to fight, but nope. I'm sure that Rey is not talking to Kylo there, but there's no way Kylo is not extending his hand to Rey. Some people immediately say that it could be meant towards Leia, but I really can't see this sort of gesture come into their potential scene together.

Oh and people who seriously think that Kylo kills Leia are forgetting that Leia was meant to live on and appear in Episode IX. I can't see how they could recut the film to accommodate a major story point that was never originally intended.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Tue 10 Oct 2017, 6:15 am

I only slept 4 hours last night. Very Happy
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next