Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

+71
Night Huntress
PalmettoBlue
Darth Rowan
RosiePancake
colibri
benorganasolo
nite0wl29
Blackcanary
kassadin
bashfulblueeyes3
adamdrivershair
CienaRee
Moonlight13
Krafty
tukicarreno
guardienne
MeadowofAshes
SheLitAFire
vaderito
SanghaRen
reylo1992
DarthRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Acritiqua
panki
Kyla Ren
Helix
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
Geralt_Riv
Kessel
LastCrusadeLeft
SkyStar
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
snufkin
Macha Ren
Birdwoman
Armadeus
rey09
Dark Padawan
Tex
shii405
Marchtwin
nemapasara
Moonjump05
Rei of Sunshine
Xylo Ren
EchoBase
Lily Snape
salmund
ISeeAnIsland
jakkusun
Darth Dementor
Piper Maru
AceofWands
ReyofLightSide
Little_Boots
Mana
Reylo Lemon
Irina de France
creepi0
MindAndMagic
MoonFyre
Reynak
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
Saracene
75 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 30 Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by vaderito Tue 03 Oct 2017, 5:43 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

Yes, he does! Smile

BTW, Pablo confirmed the book was looked at by Lucasfilm https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/915339100776886272
@Mrs Ben Solo

Don't be afraid I feel [strange connection] too and Rey being his Light are canon! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Come, Kylo Ren, and feel the light of Rey!

This isn't even subliminal. This is "we are doing eevrything we can to prepare you for the inevitable but if you still want to believe in cousins..."
Sleep

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - Page 30 Empty Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Tex Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:07 pm

vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:  

Yes, he does! Smile

BTW, Pablo confirmed the book was looked at by Lucasfilm https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/915339100776886272
@Mrs Ben Solo

Don't be afraid I feel [strange connection] too and Rey being his Light are canon!  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

This isn't even subliminal. This is "we are doing eevrything we can to prepare you for the inevitable but if you still want to believe in cousins..."
Sleep

@vaderito

Holy Sith! That's amazing. We always knew the "Don't be afraid" line was about some kind of connection between them, but it's nice to have it confirmed. cheers
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:31 pm

(Spits out drink)

Can anyone confirm that Hux says this to Snoke about Kylo in The Force Doth Awakens:

"He thought the girl was ev'rything to us, the be-all and the end-all."

I may have to go out and buy this. As @vaderito said, this is to on the nose not to mean something. Oh Lord, I'm rolling on the floor. Champagne is now on stand by lol.  Razz
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:31 pm

Someone needs to print that on t-shirts. Rey of Sunshine, Feel the Light of Rey. These names like Rey, Ren are not coincidence by Lucas Films.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 03 Oct 2017, 8:51 pm

Tex wrote:(Spits out drink)

Can anyone confirm that Hux says this to Snoke about Kylo in The Force Doth Awakens:

"He thought the girl was ev'rything to us, the be-all and the end-all."

I may have to go out and buy this. As @vaderito said, this is to on the nose not to mean something. Oh Lord, I'm rolling on the floor. Champagne is now on stand by lol.  Razz
@Tex

I was just thinking the same thing! I never considered buying these books, but if they are LF sanctioned *and* the author says on the LF website that this is the chance to "dig deeper" into the characters, I think I need to get this one, lol. That one snippet above says that Kylo meant no harm to Rey, that he just wanted the map (and was not literally/in blunt text alluding to anything sexual or threatening), and that he felt the mysterious connection between them. It's everything we've said all along.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 04 Oct 2017, 1:20 am

As soon as I get home I'am ordering this!

(btw, I stumbled upon the ESB one a year ago over here - not bought it but have read a couple of verses. Found it funny. My sort of thing)
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Wed 04 Oct 2017, 1:39 pm

vaderito wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:  

Yes, he does! Smile

@Mrs Ben Solo

Don't be afraid I feel [strange connection] too and Rey being his Light are canon!  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers

Sleep

@vaderito

Holy feels!! This is awesome! cheers cheers sunny now I'm even MORE excited for TLJ!!
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Wed 04 Oct 2017, 2:31 pm

I've been waiting for this book for MONTHS! And now it's finally here! Jumping

Remember the part with "careful Ren" from Hux? After Kylo brushes him off Hux goes into a rant which is one and a half pages long! ROFL
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Wed 04 Oct 2017, 3:56 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:I've been waiting for this book for MONTHS! And now it's finally here! Jumping

Remember the part with "careful Ren" from Hux? After Kylo brushes him off Hux goes into a rant which is one and a half pages long! ROFL
@Rimfaxe96 Omgosh, that sounds hilarious. I just put my copy on order - can't wait for it to arrive!

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Wed 04 Oct 2017, 4:09 pm

I bought the Kindle edition last night.  I haven't read the whole thing yet, but I browsed through it and it looked awesome. Laughing  In fact, after looking through it, I ended up buying it for two of my friends. Laughing
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 04 Oct 2017, 7:40 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:I've been waiting for this book for MONTHS! And now it's finally here! Jumping

@Rimfaxe96 Omgosh, that sounds hilarious. I just put my copy on order - can't wait for it to arrive!
@MeadowofAshes

I ordered it as well! Waiting by the door anxiously bounce
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 05 Oct 2017, 3:53 pm

Speaking of books, I noticed this review yesterday and already recommended it to @BastilaBey given the fairy tale themes. But the rest of you looking for reading material before the movie comes out, especially on the deeper themes for fairy tales might want to take a look at it. Bonus, it's on the shortlist for the National Book Award along with the debut novel written by somebody else I made friends with years ago on a board like this one.

Fairy Tales About the Fears Within

There might be no better illustration of the lasting, unsettling power of fairy tales. Despite efforts to sanitize them or give them a feminist slant, a whiff of something disreputable lingers, something slightly kinky. “Children know something they can’t tell,” Djuna Barnes wrote in “Nightwood.” “They like Red Riding Hood and the wolf in bed!”

In the old myths, women were fenced in by forests, towers, spells. In Machado’s work, cautionary tales are all that’s required. Fear keeps women in line. Their own minds act in the place of moats.

Fairy tales were meant to inoculate us against dread, or so the theory goes; to offer children controlled exposure to frightening things — to jealousy, to adult sexuality. Terror in doses. Even Angela Carter, who claimed with characteristic relish that her work “cuts like a steel blade at the base of a man’s penis,” wrote some joyous endings. In her telling, Red Riding Hood and the wolf make the loveliest couple.

Machado offers a more complicated solace. She doesn’t contain our terror, she stokes it and teaches us about it.

We see what her characters cannot — that some of the scariest monsters come from within. And learning to identify what to fear, and to fear the right things, can be a kind of power.

“Life is too short to be afraid of nothing,” Machado writes. “And I will show you.”
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 05 Oct 2017, 6:44 pm

Thor Skywalker revisits Reylo. Can Rey fall for someone who has "violated" her?  silent

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 05 Oct 2017, 6:51 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Thor Skywalker revisits Reylo. Can Rey fall for someone who has "violated" her?  silent

@Cowgirlsamurai

I'd argue that Rey inflicted as much damage on Kylo as he did to her. Probably refers to what Daisy described a a torture scene or for us interrogation.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 05 Oct 2017, 6:58 pm

@DarthRen

Kylo has to see the damage Rey did to him every time he looks in the mirror!
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 05 Oct 2017, 7:05 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@DarthRen

Kylo has to see the damage Rey did to him every time he looks in the mirror!
@Cowgirlsamurai

I think physically she did and Snoke or even Kylo himself has kept it as remainder of his failings. But also she abandoned him at SKB in his own eyes and emotional damage resulting from this. Since I think Kylo saw many visions of her, as much as Rey did of him. He thought that she will be the one to help him, someone he can count on. Hence why being dissapointed with her only being a scavanger but clearly heard of her prior meeting her and even being angry at officer for telling him that some girl helped Finn and BB-8. JJ was right, they never met in reality but they did in visions. Even in her vision in TFA it looked like Kylo sensed her presence at that moment and tried to communicate with her.

He tried to recruit her, went easy on her and she turned against him. Hence why his motivation is revenge at first, to get back at her for this, but also he might then slowly turn on Snoke, and want a revenge on him for his manipulations.

Upon listenting to this, I think Thor Skywalker is trying to be objective as much as he can. I'll give him credit for it, certainly does not dismiss it and tries to spark a debate, but people already made up their mind. At least those closely following any progress regarding TLJ and this trilogy.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 05 Oct 2017, 7:13 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Thor Skywalker revisits Reylo. Can Rey fall for someone who has "violated" her?  silent
@Cowgirlsamurai

Funnily enough, no one actually involved with TLJ acts like Kylo's greatest crime in Rey's eyes was reading Rey's mind against her will.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 05 Oct 2017, 7:16 pm

Saracene wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

Funnily enough, no one actually involved with TLJ acts like Kylo's greatest crime in Rey's eyes was reading Rey's mind against her will.
@Saracene

To be fair, I haven’t watched the video, but I hate even seeing the question posed.  Posing the question of abuse/mind r*** gives a topic that has no place whatsoever in this franchise unnecessarily credence and that’s largely why I haven’t bothered watching it.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Thu 05 Oct 2017, 7:28 pm

Saracene wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Saracene

Right!? Hopefully fans who were initially so disturbed by this are starting to get over it.

I understand why to a certain extent, but people tend to focus on what the male did to the female while ignoring the other side of it.

@DarthRen

I think "Thor" is even more open minded than he likes to admit. Perhaps he is covering this topic close to the release of TLJ because he finds it more possible than ever Wink And he hits the nail on the head about Kylo and Rey having visions of each other prior to meeting. I think that if more people "got" that in addition to Kylo's intentions during the snow fight, more would be on board with a romance between the two.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 05 Oct 2017, 7:37 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Saracene wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Saracene

To be fair, I haven’t watched the video, but I hate even seeing the question posed.  Posing the question of abuse/mind r*** gives the topic that has no place whatsoever in this franchise unnecessarily credence and that’s largely why I haven’t bothered watching it.
@IoJovi

ITA. I hate this argument. It makes Rey a victim when she is anything but.  She flat out tells Finn that she wasnt hurt, whereas Kylo looks pretty wrecked at the end of the Snow Fight. Sith happens between enemies.  Why isn't she allowed to be a warrior?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Oct 2017, 8:41 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Saracene wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai

@Saracene

To be fair, I haven’t watched the video, but I hate even seeing the question posed.  Posing the question of abuse/mind r*** gives the topic that has no place whatsoever in this franchise unnecessarily credence and that’s largely why I haven’t bothered watching it.
@IoJovi

ITA. I hate this argument. It makes Rey a victim when she is anything but.  She flat out tells Finn that she wasnt hurt, whereas Kylo looks pretty wrecked at the end of the Snow Fight. Sith happens between enemies.  Why isn't she allowed to be a warrior?
@SoloSideCousin

Amazing, isn't it? Kylo's the one on the ground with his face ripped open and not a scratch on Rey but somehow she is a victim. WTF?

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonFyre Fri 06 Oct 2017, 12:38 am

Haha, Kylo Ren actually said this from the Battlefront 2:

The girl Rey. I know her. I sense her. She is mine.

MoonFyre
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 06 Oct 2017, 1:07 am

MoonFyre wrote:Haha, Kylo Ren actually said this from the Battlefront 2:

@MoonFyre
I'm still processing that information... Shocked Shocked Shocked lol!
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 06 Oct 2017, 1:23 am

@MoonFyre

Ha! I needed that  this morning!

The rain is merciless over here and it looks like the doom's day but I'am grinning.

lol!

It's sounds straight like the dialogue from a trashy, explict rated Reylo fanfic.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 06 Oct 2017, 6:27 am

@MoonFyre

The Rey lines are great, but the rest of this is terrifying, haha! Is that actually Adam's voice?

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next