Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6

+52
Jakku
MindAndMagic
FrolickingFizzgig
Search Your Feelings
Rei of Sunshine
Slade
creepi0
ReyofLightSide
naberrie93
Macha Ren
guardienne
Rimfaxe96
Krafty
Airemyn
Gemini
MissG
Darth_Awakened
Jozie
MeadowofAshes
nonesuch
Blackcanary
spacebaby45678
Moonjump05
Ohtze
CienaRee
Rogue Rey
Forsythia
snufkin
Irina de France
teltaru
EchoBase
SanghaRen
Armadeus
Reylo Lemon
Socialnole
Sylvia Snow
Reynak
SoloSideCousin
panki
ISeeAnIsland
Mana
Kessel
Little_Boots
Xylo Ren
Darth Dementor
Birdwoman
IoJovi
BastilaBey
Force22
vaderito
ZenBrainJam
Saracene
56 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 Empty ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6

Post by ZenBrainJam Wed 11 May 2016, 4:17 am

Saracene wrote:Re: Kylo potentially saving/protecting someone in the future, I can't really imagine it being about anyone else but Rey. Other than the fact that his relationship with Rey is bound to be more important than his relationship with Luke, I don't see why he'd want to save Luke. He might not necessarily want to find Luke to kill him, but even so Luke is a part of the world Kylo cut himself off from. If he simply saves him because he needs something from him, that doesn't have much of an emotional impact IMO, and we already had the tug-of-familial-feelings thing in TFA so I can't see them replaying them and have Kylo be conflicted about his uncle this time around.
@Saracene

Maybe Leia?
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6

Post by Saracene Wed 11 May 2016, 4:47 am

Well, Leia would be Kylo's strongest emotional weakness family-wise, IMO. But again, I don't think they're going to play yet another familial emotional conflict, and I don't think that Leia will stray far from her position as the General and somehow end up alone in some desolate setting.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6

Post by ZenBrainJam Wed 11 May 2016, 5:20 am

Talking about the vision, I am cautious about it. Maybe the rainy location will be the same, maybe not. Maybe Kylo will save someone, maybe not. Maybe it will rain, maybe not. The only thing I am sure about is that is something from the future and not the past (the left vs right thing pointed out in this forum in the past, that it totally makes sense). But I don't want to tie my speculations (sometimes pretty wild!) to that vision. Because is a vision, but also because it would be a huge spoiler under everyone nose for years before ep VIII and I don't think that SW crew would let us have something like this for free... There is only that tree on the pinewood set that can confirm the vision in ep VIII, and for me, for now, is too weak. I will wait and see.
ZenBrainJam
ZenBrainJam
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 11 May 2016, 2:31 pm

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 Tumblr_o70tyauqDn1v4q2hwo2_540
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 Tumblr_o70tyauqDn1v4q2hwo1_540

maz castle goes up in flames but she has eyes on for his ship.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by snufkin Wed 11 May 2016, 2:52 pm

Am I the only person who thought that ship was as much a reference to Vader's old shuttle as it is the classic bat figure for Dracula, like especially the crazy a** (RIP Eiko Ishioka) Francis Ford Coppola adaption? He's very much in Monster/Beast mode during those scenes.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 11 May 2016, 2:57 pm

snufkin wrote:Am I the only person who thought that ship was as much a reference to Vader's old shuttle as it is the classic bat figure for Dracula, like especially the crazy a** (RIP Eiko Ishioka) Francis Ford Coppola adaption? He's very much in Monster/Beast mode during those scenes.
@snufkin

it's Vader/Palp's limo. I guess they kept it from Empire days. probably some nerd retrieved it from the archives of the Empire.

@Force22 Yeah, sute, uniqueness is such that 'splosions couldn't take her eyes away. Laughing
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 11 May 2016, 3:00 pm

vaderito wrote:
snufkin wrote:Am I the only person who thought that ship was as much a reference to Vader's old shuttle as it is the classic bat figure for Dracula, like especially the crazy a** (RIP Eiko Ishioka) Francis Ford Coppola adaption? He's very much in Monster/Beast mode during those scenes.
@snufkin

it's Vader/Palp's limo. I guess they kept it from Empire days. probably some nerd retrieved it from the archives of the Empire.

@Force22 Yeah, sute, uniqueness is such that 'splosions couldn't take her eyes away. Laughing
@vaderito

God he really is a hipster, "it's old school, like a fixed gear bicycle."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 11 May 2016, 3:40 pm

snufkin wrote:

God he really is a hipster, "it's old school, like a fixed gear bicycle."
@snufkin

In short, he was scavenging for Empire artifacts. Twisted Evil
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 11 May 2016, 3:41 pm

Bloodline emphasized that fixation for the younger generation on Empire artifacts. History repeating itself and all that.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 11 May 2016, 3:49 pm

BastilaBey wrote:Bloodline emphasized that fixation for the younger generation on Empire artifacts. History repeating itself and all that.
@BastilaBey

Yeah and I'm really curious if the new trilogy is also a callback to Raiders of the Lost Ark because that was the bad guy's MO.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 11 May 2016, 3:53 pm

snufkin wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:Bloodline emphasized that fixation for the younger generation on Empire artifacts. History repeating itself and all that.
@BastilaBey

Yeah and I'm really curious if the new trilogy is also a callback to Raiders of the Lost Ark because that was the bad guy's MO.
@snufkin

Rey's first scene is total Indiana Jones-ing.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 11 May 2016, 3:55 pm

@vaderito I maintain that Rey as a 'scavenger' is significant for salvaging the Skywalkers' future.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 11 May 2016, 3:59 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito I maintain that Rey as a 'scavenger' is significant for salvaging the Skywalkers' future.
@BastilaBey

She's takes things that are broken or discarded and makes them useful again. Surely this can apply to more than just spare parts...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 11 May 2016, 4:01 pm

vaderito wrote:
snufkin wrote:
@BastilaBey

@snufkin

Rey's first scene is total Indiana Jones-ing.
@vaderito

Lady Indiana Jones is alright by me! Never understood the fanboying and fangirling over Han Solo as a kid, I was (and still am) all about Indy when it comes to crushes.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 5:04 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:I'm watching the 2009 Star Trek after @applecrumble122 mentioned it, apparently people didn't see Spock and uhura ending up together either so I'm trying to see if there are Reylo clues here and it's just JJ's style! Does anyone else have an opinion on that? They're obviously not on different sides but it's interesting to think how JJ does the bait and switch with the more obvious pairing of Kirk and Uhura.
@BastilaBey
It happened to me too! And my brother and two more friend...but only when you watch it for the first time. When you watch it again you notice all small signs that they're actually together. She "looks" at him few times, she's worried...and the biggest hint we all missed-she tells him what to do. She wanted to be assigned to Enterprise but he assigned her somewhere else because  as he says "It was an attempt to avoid the appearance of favoritism." Why would it be favoritism if she's supposed to be one of the best students, it's normal and logical that he would want her on his ship. Than why is he avoiding her? Hmmm...when i think about it now, that's soooo obvious..i think i don't pay enougt attention sometimes. She then says "no i'm assigned to Enterprise" and he simply agrees Smile People who have seen the movie know that Spock is Vulcan (alien...they don't show emotions and are highly logical) How did everyone miss it? Very Happy She is totally bossing him around, telling him what to do and he simply does it Very Happy

Oh look, our hero meets the girl, they're so good together!

Then this scene (and you think they must be end game)

Then this ( and you can't help but dislike Spock a little bit, he almost looks like an antagonist)

but then boooom! It's actually them! (This is the moment when you go back to re-watch every scene they had together and wonder if you were blind or just stupid)

You can see JJ's pattern here (always a good reminder)
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 Annrky10

I was advised to move this post here Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 11 May 2016, 5:13 pm

I thought Abrams said he doesn't use lens flares anymore. LOL! I guess he gets teased about that....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 May 2016, 5:15 pm

Birdwoman wrote:I thought Abrams said he doesn't use lens flares anymore. LOL! I guess he gets teased about that....
@Birdwoman
He doesn't? All i can say is haha...over 70 in one scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9vHopyEtzs

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 11 May 2016, 5:20 pm

IoJovi wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:@vaderito I maintain that Rey as a 'scavenger' is significant for salvaging the Skywalkers' future.
@BastilaBey

She's takes things that are broken or discarded and makes them useful again. Surely this can apply to more than just spare parts...
@IoJovi

With poetic symbolism like that how can anyone not see Rey catalyzing Ben's redemption?!
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Wed 11 May 2016, 7:04 pm

bela.mesecina wrote:
bela.mesecina wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:I'm watching the 2009 Star Trek after @applecrumble122 mentioned it, apparently people didn't see Spock and uhura ending up together either so I'm trying to see if there are Reylo clues here and it's just JJ's style! Does anyone else have an opinion on that? They're obviously not on different sides but it's interesting to think how JJ does the bait and switch with the more obvious pairing of Kirk and Uhura.
@BastilaBey
It happened to me too! And my brother and two more friend...but only when you watch it for the first time. When you watch it again you notice all small signs that they're actually together. She "looks" at him few times, she's worried...and the biggest hint we all missed-she tells him what to do. She wanted to be assigned to Enterprise but he assigned her somewhere else because  as he says "It was an attempt to avoid the appearance of favoritism." Why would it be favoritism if she's supposed to be one of the best students, it's normal and logical that he would want her on his ship. Than why is he avoiding her? Hmmm...when i think about it now, that's soooo obvious..i think i don't pay enougt attention sometimes. She then says "no i'm assigned to Enterprise" and he simply agrees Smile People who have seen the movie know that Spock is Vulcan (alien...they don't show emotions and are highly logical) How did everyone miss it? Very Happy She is totally bossing him around, telling him what to do and he simply does it Very Happy

Oh look, our hero meets the girl, they're so good together!

Then this scene (and you think they must be end game)

Then this ( and you can't help but dislike Spock a little bit, he almost looks like an antagonist)

but then boooom! It's actually them! (This is the moment when you go back to re-watch every scene they had together and wonder if you were blind or just stupid)

You can see JJ's pattern here (always a good reminder)
ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 Annrky10

I was advised to move this post here Wink

Love ST2009 and yes, I was completely shocked by Uhura and Spock but I immediately liked it sooo much better than cocky, college-boy-flirt-skills Kirk. That was very well done and I had never thought of Spock and Uhura before that. Very good observations and comparisons in that last picture. I see a pattern! Also, where is that link/quote where he apparently said in TFA he was going to tell a love story in a different way? Like did he actually say that? canon confirmed.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 11 May 2016, 7:08 pm

@Xylo Ren

http://www.contactmusic.com/jj-abrams/news/j-j-abrams-wanted-michael-arndt-before-star-wars_3721042

Quizzed about the possibility of on-screen romance, he said: ''No doubt, even if I already know I want to approach this project in a different way ... We're only in the initial stages [of making the film] and it's difficult to talk about it other than to say it's very exciting.''

I was trying to find @frolickingfizzgig's recent post about when Finn and Maz were initially drafted as characters, because apparently it was after he did this interview. Which could indicate that Rey and Kylo/Kira and Jedi Killer were endgame from the beginning.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 11 May 2016, 7:24 pm

BastilaBey wrote:@Xylo Ren

http://www.contactmusic.com/jj-abrams/news/j-j-abrams-wanted-michael-arndt-before-star-wars_3721042

Quizzed about the possibility of on-screen romance, he said: ''No doubt, even if I already know I want to approach this project in a different way ... We're only in the initial stages [of making the film] and it's difficult to talk about it other than to say it's very exciting.''

I was trying to find @frolickingfizzgig's recent post about when Finn and Maz were initially drafted as characters, because apparently it was after he did this interview. Which could indicate that Rey and Kylo/Kira and Jedi Killer were endgame from the beginning.
@BastilaBey

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 6 KjgtjLQ

Alkways check Empire archive, tweets or rumors/spoilers. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Wed 11 May 2016, 7:27 pm

@vaderito thank you! so the love story is 'central', and yet one of our big 3 hadn't even been conceptualized at the moment jj was talking about it. iiiinteresting Wink
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 12 May 2016, 4:08 am

Force22 wrote:@vaderito

It's a really cool and unique looking ship.

Plus she's into ships, piloting and stuff. She might even know what kind of ship it is. I don't blame her. Razz
@Force22

I think of Kylo's ship as Evil Seagull Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Spock/Uhura romance was a total surprise to me, but I enjoyed the twist. You all thought she was going to crumble before the unstoppable macho charm of Kirk? Nah, she'd already hooked up with the awkward nerd.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 12 May 2016, 4:13 am

Saracene wrote:
Force22 wrote:@vaderito

It's a really cool and unique looking ship.

Plus she's into ships, piloting and stuff. She might even know what kind of ship it is. I don't blame her. Razz
@Force22

I think of Kylo's ship as Evil Seagull Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Spock/Uhura romance was a total surprise to me, but I enjoyed the twist. You all thought she was going to crumble before the unstoppable macho charm of Kirk? Nah, she'd already hooked up with the awkward nerd.
@Saracene

Ever watch the Honest Trailer for Star Trek 2009 the description for that romance was hilarious. All fans of Trek all went "whaaaaaa"????!!!! When they saw her kiss Spock lol
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next