Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

+58
Blood Moon
AnneNeville
shii405
kroi
jakkusun
Macha Ren
AceofWands
MelBee
Armadeus
Marchtwin
Xylo Ren
Kylo Rey
TheBastardofMandalore
Krafty
MindAndMagic
CienaRee
nemapasara
nonesuch
creepi0
Saracene
Kyla Ren
spacebaby45678
rey09
panki
Kessel
MeadowofAshes
MoonFyre
SanghaRen
ZioRen
Reynak
Moonjump05
EchoBase
Birdwoman
Acritiqua
Reylo Lemon
bossbaby
Irina de France
Piper Maru
BenRey
Lily Snape
snufkin
Darth Dementor
Hasi
Darth_Awakened
SoloSideCousin
Cowgirlsamurai
motherofpearl1
SkyStar
Rei of Sunshine
ReyofLightSide
Mana
vaderito
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
IoJovi
DarthRen
Rimfaxe96
Helix
62 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Helix Thu 20 Apr 2017, 3:56 pm

Honestly I'm laughing at the mental imagine of Ben leaving Old Uncle Luke's Bible School for Satanism because he found out about the Crusades. I hope the answer is satisfying.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Rimfaxe96 Thu 20 Apr 2017, 5:09 pm

IoJovi wrote:I won't expand any further than that in an effort to keep it PG-13... Laughing
@IoJovi

Don't bother, the meme's have already gone for a few PG-18 explanations; for example the real reason behind Ren's stormtrooper-scaring-tantrum:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16 Lock-thedoor-and-tighten-mm-restraints-50-shades-of-rey-3404189

Guess he didn't want to miss out on this. ROFL
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by DarthRen Thu 20 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I won't expand any further than that in an effort to keep it PG-13... Laughing
@IoJovi

Don't bother, the meme's have already gone for a few PG-18 explanations; for example the real reason behind Ren's stormtrooper-scaring-tantrum:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16 Lock-thedoor-and-tighten-mm-restraints-50-shades-of-rey-3404189

Guess he didn't want to miss out on this. ROFL
@Rimfaxe96

Knowing that guy behind the Stormtrooper's mask is Daniel Craig, I don't blame her. It's James bond himself dammit.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:02 pm

Airemyn wrote:What source is saying that Snoke is like Hefner or Trump? Good god no! We have enough of that in reality without it in fiction too! Sad
@Airemyn

It might be from the last MSW podcast, which I listened to today. They were saying Snoke is a greedy bastard, interested in money and power. The money part kind of threw me because while I see him interested in power and controlling others, money and material objects doesn't really fit in with what I imagined. I'm wondering if I understood it wrong, to be honest. I was working while listening to it.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:02 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
vaderito wrote:4chan thoughts;

>VIII starts w/ kylo ren in bacta tank - could happen
>we see back of his head as helmet placed down like vader in ESB - I don't know why this would happen but whatever. MSW says he'll be on a hospitla bed with a medic droid so that sounds like ROTS callback. Maybe 4chan meant "he is in bacta in one scene and then helmet is placed down in another scene"?
>snoke kills hux w/ the force while stationary in his throne - could happen
>luke is insane - that's what MSW is saying but more politely ("emotional state")
>talks to animals - could happen
>he disappears, again - it seems that he leaves temporarily after it's time for the Jedi to end
>rey has to fend for herself on island where everything wants her dead - could happen

>fights a giant loch ness monster - MSW reported
>gets chased/lead by birds into a giant tree - She's definitely in the tree because we see her staff in the last scene with Luke
>rey trips balls and meets obi-wan and yoda - "trips balls" = light orbs or something else?
>wakes up to luke standing above her and a bird w/ giant eyes - could happen
>tells rey she has to kill kylo ren - maybe that's the part of the "it is time for the Jedi to end"?
>rey doesn't want to - MSW reported
>rey and kylo connect to each other w/ the force - could happen
>he arrives on planet and they fight and kylo knocks rey off cliff and incapacitates luke - could happen
>kylo ren gets swarmed by birds - could happen

Also:

* that is 40 mins of the first hour of the movie - could be
* it is getting positive buzz but they're not sure if audiences will enjoy it or think it's weird - could be
* if you want an idea of what the universe lore of SW is building towards, watch CW and rebels, but it's mostly background noise to the story of rey and kylo ren - sounds right

And from another poster:
This is legit.

"The giant tree is the source of the Force and Rey is the personification of the Light Side." - could be

@vaderito

Blue letters in your post: we see a lot of Rey alone in the trailer - so it makes both statements more possible.

As for first 40 minutes: I say most of it is in 1. act of the movie (not sure about the Crait planet attack and MF fighting the Ties) though the latter still could be inside if it's a part of Kylo's arrival.
@Darth_Awakened

Wasn't it it Bothan's leaks rather than MSW reports about Rey not wanting to fight Kylo? I got a mess of this, just for clarification.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:05 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Airemyn wrote:What source is saying that Snoke is like Hefner or Trump? Good god no! We have enough of that in reality without it in fiction too! Sad
@Airemyn

It might be from the last MSW podcast, which I listened to today. They were saying Snoke is a greedy bastard, interested in money and power. The money part kind of threw me because while I see him interested in power and controlling others, money and material objects doesn't really fit in with what I imagined. I'm wondering if I understood it wrong, to be honest. I was working while listening to it.
@IoJovi
If Snoke's interested in space $$$ he should consider getting a personal plastic surgeon to fix... well, everything. He's certainly not giving off that lucrative vibe.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:05 pm

IoJovi wrote:
@Airemyn

@IoJovi

Yeah, that was from the most recent MSW podcast. They were talking about the opulence of his chambers, etc. I don't recall them specifically mentioning Trump or Hugh Hefner--I think that just came from us as an understandable frame of reference.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:06 pm

IoJovi wrote:
@Airemyn

@IoJovi

That.... doesn't sound like Snoke. It doesn't sound like the brainwashing, mysterious creature from the books who watched the Empire fall and has been around for who knows how long. Maybe they got confused with BDT's character? Wouldn't surprise me considering Croatia looks like Space Las Vegas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:07 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Airemyn

@IoJovi
If Snoke's interested in space $$$ he should consider getting a personal plastic surgeon to fix... well, everything. He's certainly not giving off that lucrative vibe.
@FrolickingFizzgig

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16 Tenor

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm

@DarthRen It was MSW.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:21 pm

Their previous descriptions of Snoke did make it sound like he was some sort of space pimp...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:43 pm

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Airemyn

@IoJovi

That.... doesn't sound like Snoke. It doesn't sound like the brainwashing, mysterious creature from the books who watched the Empire fall and has been around for who knows how long. Maybe they got confused with BDT's character? Wouldn't surprise me considering Croatia looks like Space Las Vegas.
@AppleCrumble122

I thought the same thing. This isn't the Snoke I thought I saw in TFA but MSW were talking about him wearing gold robes and curly toed slippers, which is where the space Hugh Hefner comparison came from. Also, his big a** ship sounded sort of like Trump Tower in space! I'm wondering if they changed stuff to mirror what's happening in US/world politics, except Bob Iger and Kathy Kennedy were so adamant Star Wars wasn't poilitical(!!!) during the whole Rogue One backlash and threatened boycott by Trump supporters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Apr 2017, 7:46 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@Airemyn

@IoJovi

@AppleCrumble122

I thought the same thing. This isn't the Snoke I thought I saw in TFA but MSW were talking about him wearing gold robes and curly toed slippers, which is where the space Hugh Hefner comparison came from. Also, his big a** ship sounded sort of like Trump Tower in space! I'm wondering if they changed stuff to mirror what's happening in US/world politics, except Bob Iger and Kathy Kennedy were so adamant Star Wars wasn't poilitical(!!!) during the whole Rogue One backlash and threatened boycott by Trump supporters.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Oh god I hope not! I doubt they will have done anyway. I think it's a tad bit too late considering how far they've gone with all the material and foreshadowing they've teased. MSW won't be right all the time. I think that if they are talking about anyone, it's more than likely BDT or at least a character from Space Las Vegas.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 20 Apr 2017, 8:26 pm

Was watching some of the Daisy interviews from Celebration. She says she spoke to people who have seen a rough cut of the film and "it's different" and Rian "had more room to do his thing." For the Jedi, she said people's expectation ofJedi may be challenged and they may go in a different direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md0kHym_UaA
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Apr 2017, 11:47 pm

John Boyega was on the BBC The One Show last night, mostly to talk about going back to the stage with Woyzeck, but he did mention a few TLJ things. He more or less confirmed being in scenes with Princes William and Harry (as already reported in the tabloids) but he didn't do any filming with Gary Barlow. John said he is signed up for all 3 films, as expected. Not playing coy like Daisy and Adam. Harrison Ford will not be back, he said, despite HF's persistent refusal to rule himself out of future movies. Nothing earth shattering but he's always lovely in interviews.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:14 am

I can imagine Snoke as a materialist. Tho not in the Trump/Heiffner image. 

Spacebaby and I had a little back and forth last night about how the Jedi are too spiritual and detached from the real world, while the Sith are too attached and bestial. Polar opposites that reflect characteristics of the Light and the Dark. 

Snoke is interested in Ben because he has both. I speculated that maybe Snoke just wants him to be his personal boydguard/pet/collection. But it could be that Snoke actually wants Ben because he wants to achieve the same thing. The power over Light and Dark. 

So he may be portrayed as both opulent and materialistic, but at the same time with a hint of Forcr spirituality. It just might be the ultimate power. 

He could be a cross between Scar and Frollo, power hungry and manipulative.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:29 am

I have always been fan of the theory that Kylo has his own goal, but lately with the shattered mask it points out more to him being lied and decieved to.
Then the question really is as @Helix pointed out -what has happened that Kylo saided with the FO. How awful could it have been? Perhaps audience will ask the same question in the beginning of TLJ after seeing Snoke in order for movie to answer it with Rey's vision.
And in all honesty, if it turns out that the others really attacked him because of the Vader reveal and besides that all of his life everybody was afraid of him because of that and even after that Han was still going about too much Vader in him, that is just tragic tbh. As after TFA Kylos obsession with Vader was clearly made to be mocked about - even in the Lego game. If it turns out that he admires Vader because he is the only one that Kylo thinks would understand him as he is(and Snoke played on that by praising Kylos relation to Vader), then that would actually be pretty much a heartbreak.
In that case it is actually a blessing he has met Rey. I can not see anybody else understanding how he feels or at least giving him the hope that he is not a monster he wants to be to prove everybody they where right about him being dark or a hearthless monster.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:41 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:I can imagine Snoke as a materialist. Tho not in the Trump/Heiffner image. 

Spacebaby and I had a little back and forth last night about how the Jedi are too spiritual and detached from the real world, while the Sith are too attached and bestial. Polar opposites that reflect characteristics of the Light and the Dark. 

Snoke is interested in Ben because he has both. I speculated that maybe Snoke just wants him to be his personal boydguard/pet/collection. But it could be that Snoke actually wants Ben because he wants to achieve the same thing. The power over Light and Dark. 

So he may be portrayed as both opulent and materialistic, but at the same time with a hint of Forcr spirituality. It just might be the ultimate power. 

@Rei of Sunshine

To be honest I'm pretty dubious over Snoke being some sort of 'Hugh Hefner'; he was seen as plainly clad in TFA. I suspect they've got him mixed up with another character, and I won't accept him as a richly clad millionaire until I see it in canon - just as I'm sceptical over Rian claiming he moved Kylo's scar to make it look 'cool', not when the SWC promo pic showed it in it's original format. Very Happy

One thing I do find intriguing....the rumour of Snoke wearing a ring which could turn into a darksabre. The idea of Snoke using a sabre opens up all sorts of opportunities for a final battle between him, Rey and Kylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Fri 21 Apr 2017, 7:37 am

I wonder if early in the film Kylo and Hux get yelled at by Snoke, Snoke kills Hux in front of Kylo, and that is when Kylo hightails it to the island? Under the guise of finding Luke but also to get Rey to overthrow Snoke.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 21 Apr 2017, 7:52 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:I wonder if early in the film Kylo and Hux get yelled at by Snoke, Snoke kills Hux in front of Kylo, and that is when Kylo hightails it to the island? Under the guise of finding Luke but also to get Rey to overthrow Snoke.
@ReyofLightSide

Yes, and the promo picture shows Hux and Kylo on what appears to be a FO ship- wonder if that's where it happens?
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 21 Apr 2017, 8:53 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:I can imagine Snoke as a materialist. Tho not in the Trump/Heiffner image. 

@Rei of Sunshine

To be honest I'm pretty dubious over Snoke being some sort of 'Hugh Hefner'; he was seen as plainly clad in TFA. I suspect they've got him mixed up with another character, and I won't accept him as a richly clad millionaire until I see it in canon - just as I'm sceptical over Rian claiming he moved Kylo's scar to make it look 'cool', not when the SWC promo pic showed it in it's original format. Very Happy

One thing I do find intriguing....the rumour of Snoke wearing a ring which could turn into a darksabre. The idea of Snoke using a sabre opens up all sorts of opportunities for a final battle between him, Rey and Kylo.
@motherofpearl1

There was some reasoning earlier that we couldn't really see Snoke's get up at all since he was a shadowy holo. And that could be deceiving us for what's to come. Tho that black kyber ring stands for a good example. Maybe Snoke is the SW equivalent of a religious artefact collector.

I encounter a lot of people like this when I used to work with religious art conservation. They collected all the random religious things, but mainly Spanish colonial saint sculptures, paintings, medallions, rosaries made of ivory or metal, and numerous crucifixes. They claim to feel holy when surrounded by these things. One priest even dug up the foundations of a 300 yr old cemetery chapen in our city when he heard of a legend that Spanish priests kept treasures underground.

There's a certain obssession to it and maybe Snoke is just the same. Maybe he wants to collect as much Jedi and Sith relic so he could feel as if he was one of them, and maybe absorb their lingering power in the process. 

To him Kylo could be the equivalent of the 2nd coming of Christ.

(UUUUUGH i dont understand why skyforum always resizes my texts)
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 21 Apr 2017, 9:00 am

They did say he wasn't a Sith....so it begs the question; who is he?

Maybe...this would be creepy....he's some kind of corrupted Jedi? affraid
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 21 Apr 2017, 9:01 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@motherofpearl1

There was some reasoning earlier that we couldn't really see Snoke's get up at all since he was a shadowy holo. And that could be deceiving us for what's to come. Tho that black kyber ring stands for a good example. Maybe Snoke is the SW equivalent of a religious artefact collector.

I encounter a lot of people like this when I used to work with religious art conservation. They collected all the random religious things, but mainly Spanish colonial saint sculptures, paintings, medallions, rosaries made of ivory or metal, and numerous crucifixes. They claim to feel holy when surrounded by these things. One priest even dug up the foundations of a 300 yr old cemetery chapen in our city when he heard of a legend that Spanish priests kept treasures underground.

There's a certain obssession to it and maybe Snoke is just the same. Maybe he wants to collect as much Jedi and Sith relic so he could feel as if he was one of them, and maybe absorb their lingering power in the process. 

@Rei of Sunshine

This sounds pretty legit and MSW might as well interpreted the costume too much literally.
Judging by the way they include characters fascionated  by collecting old artifacts (Ransolm Casterfo for example) this may be the case.

It could also comes handy that not only Luke, but also Snoke could give more insight to the ancient stuff.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 21 Apr 2017, 9:11 am

SkyStar wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@motherofpearl1

@Rei of Sunshine

This sounds pretty legit and MSW might as well interpreted the costume too much literally.
Judging by the way they include characters fascionated  by collecting old artifacts (Ransolm Casterfo for example) this may be the case.

It could also comes handy that not only Luke, but also Snoke could give more insight to the ancient stuff.
@SkyStar

And he probably sees Kylo as an artefact of sorts. Sad

Being Vader's only grandson and wields both Dark and Light. It's like the Da Vinci Code and the Rose Line of Mary Magdalene's last descendant.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 21 Apr 2017, 9:18 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@motherofpearl1

@Rei of Sunshine

@SkyStar

And he probably sees Kylo as an artefact of sorts. Sad

Being Vader's only grandson and wields both Dark and Light. It's like the Da Vinci Code and the Rose Line of Mary Magdalene's last descendant.
@Rei of Sunshine

Snoke is General Grievous of ST "This will make a fine addition to my collection".
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next