Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Podcasts

+63
RosiePancake
creepi0
PalmettoBlue
CienaRee
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Armadeus
Blackcanary
BastilaBey
Moonlight13
Darth Dementor
Ditzy
adamdrivershair
TheLastJedi
EchoBase
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
bossbaby
tukicarreno
BenOrgana
Millicent the Cat
MeadowofAshes
guardienne
krissy01
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
IoJovi
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
Saracene
Piper Maru
panki
Rimfaxe96
Darth Dingbat
Lily Snape
SoloSideCousin
SanghaRen
snufkin
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
jakkusun
Darth Rowan
Lucina
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
MindAndMagic
Tex
rey09
Xylo Ren
BenRey
AceofWands
Acritiqua
Birdwoman
kroi
nemapasara
Gemini
vaderito
Helix
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
Kylo Men
67 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 30 Empty Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by MeadowofAshes Tue 15 Aug 2017, 7:55 am

IoJovi wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:
Saracene wrote:Re: marketing, it could be that they're (smartly) wary of building up Evil!Kylo if that's not where his arc eventually goes. For TFA, the pre-release marketing made him out to be a dark side bad*** without a hint of inner conflict, which I think played a big part in the backlash to the character when he didn't fulfil the audience's expectations. I don't know if anyone asked LF/Disney about the negativity, and I doubt they'd give an honest response, but I can't imagine that some of that reaction didn't sting. So now they could be wary of playing more games with the audience where Kylo is concerned. Rian's words about Kylo in the EW are very deliberately neutral; he doesn't venture any specific remarks on where exactly Kylo's at after killing Han.

I never really imagined that Kylo would get genuinely darker after TFA, he might act that way outwardly but it wouldn't be the case on the inside. I guess it just depends on how you judge a character? If a character is on the dark side even if their heart is not truly in it, they're still on the dark side. I suppose my personal headcanon is that I just don't see Kylo fully abandon the dark side in TLJ and then spend Episode IX atoning for his actions. I think that he's going to remain a volatile character until close to the end of the trilogy.
@Saracene

Given what happened with the misdirection over Jedi!Finn too, and the (understandable) backlash to that, I think this may be spot on. I think they made errors in the TFA marketing and are working pretty frantically now to reverse expectations on certain things and pave the way for their actual choices.

@Blackcanary

What's really interesting is they did this with Director Kennic too for Rogue One.  It's also amazing that I ended up absolutely LOVING Kylo to the point of obsession, whereas I detested Krennic because I was utterly disappointed as to how they built him up as this bad a** villain, cape and all, only to see him as a sniveling a** kisser.  Then again, sniveling a** kisser and conflicted son of iconic heroes Han and Leia are not even close to being in the same category in that regard....
@IoJovi Well, nobody likes a kissass. Laughing I actually liked that marketing strategy for Krennic because it fits his character. He certainly thinks he's all that plus a bag of chips, and the first scene presents him that way. Then we all learn he's really a snivelling worm. Watching the better villain, Vader, choke the hell out of him while making a dad joke was intensely satisfying.

[size=38]I honestly was worried about not liking Kylo Ren due to the marketing. Not knowing anything about the character, I thought the crossguard was lame and gimmicky, and he'd be a throwaway villain. I'm glad I decided to go into the movie with zero expectations after the trailer, because I was pleasantly surprised on a lot of fronts.
[/size]

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 15 Aug 2017, 9:42 am

I just rewatched R1 on Netflix this weekend and even moreso did the waste of Mendelssohn stand out. Like if you've seen him as creeps and villains in other roles (which is his wheelhouse), they should've hired him for Hux. Like that would be properly intimidating and threatening for both the Resistance and Kylo as an opponent.

The predictions of he's going to get darker and punished more, in some cases come off a little like moralizing. Not anybody here or the preceding comments. Just some of them read like they're put in there to justify any predictions of redemption or so much as Rey being able to have sympathy for him. Like he has to "earn" those states by being punished more. Which not that I was ever a very good Sunday School/Bible Study student, but to paraphrase Han Solo, that's not how Grace works. He can do good works, which the initial impulses towards Rey, aside from his attraction, show that he is capable of doing things like good works, beyond the simple emotion of compassion in offering to help her. Dude's just gotta work on the going from selfish to selfless part more. Like I fully expect there's some kind of Vader "overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy together for peace" motivation going on with him, which he'll try to recruit Rey for.

In terms of where Kylo's at and where he's going, so far he's had his offer rejected and his a$$ handed to him by his villainous crush (she wouldn't even take the mixtape he made for her!), done something out of fear/wanting to please the boss who's planning to use/kill him which now marks him as a pariah in normal human society and which is also wildly self-destructive/destructive to his mother (aka the one person who kept the faith in him), and failed at his main goal. Dude is already getting plenty punished and starting the next chapter as brought pretty low. And likely the back story and flash backs are gonna show the path he took to becoming Kylo Ren as a further sequence of bad circumstances and bad choices. So you don't really need to throw in any further details about how he's going to suffer and be punished more, like he's f**ked already. Big time. There will be darkness as he tries to make his bad decisions (and Han's sacrifice) "worth it," but the end result won't be getting eeeevillller. Or that he'll continue down the further spiral of darkness. He'll hit bottom and likely what we will likely see, if I'm correct in thinking a film where the director and the 3 lead actors (two of whom are preacher's kids), who've all talked about being brought up in families with a pretty strong Evangelical faith, that there will be an opportunity for Kylo to be born again.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Wed 16 Aug 2017, 3:34 pm

dunno if this has been posted before, i think the voice makes it all sounding really ... sanctimonious? but anyway, i didn't realise lucas had a whole paternity reveal planned for anakin as well? WTH

guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 21 Aug 2017, 1:37 pm

New episode of MSW NTIP is up. This one looks to be Obi-wan-centric:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/08/now-podcasting-episode-192-obi-wan-kenobi-gran-tatooino/

On this week’s show:

* There’s an Obi-Wan film in the works according to the trades.
   * It has no script and is very early in the process.
   * Yoda and Jabba films are brought up again.
   * George Lucas still has a hand in Star Wars via whispers to Kathleen Kennedy.
   * Pod People!
   * Funko Interview by Ron!
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 21 Aug 2017, 1:40 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:New episode of MSW NTIP is up. This one looks to be Obi-wan-centric:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/08/now-podcasting-episode-192-obi-wan-kenobi-gran-tatooino/

On this week’s show:

* Pod People!
@ISeeAnIsland

I have some boring sith to do at work so I'm gonna listen.

EDIT: Discuss whether OB1 could be related to Rey and that covered in OB1 movie from 46 min. Nothing big.

Pod people from 58 min.

Crait base was set up by Leia and Holdo during the rebellion. Then it was abandoned around the time of Rebels, so have Jason heard. So he's trying to connect dots. What if Finn is in the bomber, the bomber is shot down by the Silencer, Rey catches the bomber from crashing with the Force,  Finn is able to run back to the base and get into the skimmer. Then Kylo comes down to Crait cause he knew that the Jedi caught the bomber. That's part of his analysis of that Lego poster. So as he says, just him trying to connect the dots, not something he's heard apart from that leia and Holdo set up the Crait base long time ago.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 21 Aug 2017, 2:44 pm

vaderito wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:New episode of MSW NTIP is up. This one looks to be Obi-wan-centric:

On this week’s show:

* Pod People!
@ISeeAnIsland

EDIT: Discuss whether OB1 could be related to Rey and that covered in OB1 movie from 46 min. Nothing big.

Pod people from 58 min.

Crait base was set up by Leia and Holdo during the rebellion. Then it was abandoned around the time of Rebels, so have Jason heard. So he's trying to connect dots. What if Finn is in the bomber, the bomber is shot down by the Silencer, Rey catches the bomber from crashing with the Force,  Finn is able to run back to the base and get into the skimmer. Then Kylo comes down to Crait cause he knew that the Jedi caught the bomber.

@vaderito

If the Silencer is a ship that crashes at Anch To - Jason's speculation is doomed. lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 21 Aug 2017, 2:46 pm

@Darth_Awakened I think that Lego banner in question is just a mix of many scenes, not just one, and Silencer is likely from D'Qar battle. Also, Rey is clearly building the ship from Lego pieces, not trying to stop it from crashing, so there's nothing to piece together.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 21 Aug 2017, 3:32 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
vaderito wrote:

On this week’s show:

* Pod People!
@ISeeAnIsland

Pod people from 58 min.

Crait base was set up by Leia and Holdo during the rebellion. Then it was abandoned around the time of Rebels, so have Jason heard. So he's trying to connect dots. What if Finn is in the bomber, the bomber is shot down by the Silencer, Rey catches the bomber from crashing with the Force,  Finn is able to run back to the base and get into the skimmer. Then Kylo comes down to Crait cause he knew that the Jedi caught the bomber.

@vaderito

If the Silencer is a ship that crashes at Anch To - Jason's speculation is doomed. lol!
@Darth_Awakened

Speculation has never been Jason's strong point.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Mon 21 Aug 2017, 4:05 pm

So Leia and Holdo are old friends then?
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 21 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm

SkyStar wrote:So Leia and Holdo are old friends then?
@SkyStar

Didn't listen to the podcast, so I don't know it's another speculation or a fact Jason has heard.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 21 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm

SkyStar wrote:So Leia and Holdo are old friends then?
@SkyStar

That's what he's hearing.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 23 Aug 2017, 1:28 am

If anyone's interested, here's an interview with Anthony Breznican where he talks about the TLJ EW cover story that he did

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/08/anthony-breznican-ew/
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 23 Aug 2017, 2:07 am

Ahh, it is midnight here....i need to go too bed. Later for me...

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:25 am

In a nutshell - very good and informative but nothing of interest to us. No question about "2 halves of the light and the dark" cause Steele is such Luke fanboy so...Also, Brez isn't any more informed about spoilers than we are. In fact, we are much ahead of him. He's only have the power to get an interview and hear whatever LF/Rian is comfortable talking about first. No more than that. So anything else is his guesswork including Reynobi theory that's on very shakey legs considering it's a mix of daisy's "solitary" quiote and LF's undefined plan with OB1. Nothing concrete.

The long version:

At around 8 min he said that he chose most important stuff to reveal in the first 2 days and then moved to diminishing interest. My comment: I guess villains are the least interesting to him and EW readership since that part was released last and with an unusual wait between write ups...at some point is seemed like he wasn't going to post it.

Explains how EW works, how they decide on covers, how they get the stories. They send photos ahead of time. Explain what they want for the cover. Like, they wanted Rey and Luke covers cause they wanted to focus on few rather than a team (they can get bigger images when focused on less people, which is better for magazine). Around 19-20 min, they wanted new image of DJ but LF nixed it, someone high enough wasn't ready to show any new images of DJ. Brez think that information LF decided to share was more interesting than photos, Brez didn't get images he was hoping for.

They showed them some images but pulled them back cause LF decided they showed too much. So that wasn't published. LF was ready to show Porgs and Praetorians but not DJ. Brez doesn't know what DJ is, whether it's in-Universe code name or not. But he says that Slicers have alpha numeric codes and that they may be tracking DJ and that he has an actual name which isn't DJ. Brez doesn't know, just speculates.

29 min, he interviewed Rian over the phone. Brez says that Rose and Finn are a big deal, Rey meets Luke, Kylo is retreating to the side of Snoke, so he asked Rian whether there's a theme of meeting your heroes, and Rian said yes, and it's a metaphor for him meeting his heroes too. he had to create a story where Luke isn't a strong hero cause he already had a hero journey, so he's a broken man how does he get back from it? Sometimes film-makers don't realize that there's a theme until you point it out.

33:50 Brez: I know that some fans are not happy with broken Luke but if he stayed the same there would be no story, you gotta give him something, some new horizon. Steele isn't convince,d he wants Luke to light up his green and be the same.  lol!

Brez thinks Luke/Leia will meet on screen but not based on the inside info but images from the set where they were there together. Steele points it could be the day when they shot for VF and Brez says that could be too. Steele asks about Luke staying on the island. Brez says it would be a shame to make him a new Yoda. Steele thinks that film-makers owe fans Luke in action. Gosh he's so annoying! I like him a lot except when he's in the "Only Luke matters" mode. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Just stop! even Brez is annoyed.

40 min - Brez had a feeling that Rian had things he wasn't ready to talk about more than ideas he wanted to push. They talked for twice as long as they were scheduled to. JJ kept his cards much closer to the chest, was more concerned with spoilers than Rian. Rian thinks that major plot points are spoilers than saying Luke and rey have a contentious relationship, that doesn't bother him as giving too much info, little less self-constrained. JJ had more things he was not willing to talk about than Rian. JJ had to create the new saga and Rian is continuing the saga.

42 - planning the saga, going from JJ to Rian. Brez thinks they have idea who Rey would be and her backstory would be, vague idea of Snoke's history with Kylo Ren, that's not to say they created a huge backstory about Snoke, but rather that they know how he corrupted Kylo Ren, and about Luke and the Jedi academy being taken out. That's JJ. from now, the ball is in Rian's corner. Now they talk about whether Rian wrote the treatment for IX or not. Steele says Rian says he didn't but Brez insist that he had to write what's relevant in TLJ for IX. basically they are discussing PlotGate. Brez doesn't think there will be a final scene in IX cause they'll continue the stories so it isn't like there's a plan for a final scene in IX.

46 min - impact on han's death on the story. Are we going to see his funeral, mention of him. It sounds like they'll continue to address it. Rian said his ghost is present and then he was, like, I didn't mean like real ghost. Brez understood it was figuratively but they laughed about possible misinterpretation.

48 min - who is the last Jedi is a very deliberate title.

Continuing. There's less pressure about secrecy and that sometimes they weren't even allowed to give interviews during TFA. Now they have better grasp on themes so Rey can say that Rey is welcomed by everyone. Even the bad guys want to know about her, everybody wants to get their hands on rey. And now Luke wants to push her away.

It's a Shame About Rey is an 80s song. he used it as a title but says it's a cross-reference.

Hamill is like us and Ford isn't. mark is a SW fan, HF is not. he came up with the whole backstory about what happens to Luke after ROTJ, not just Luke/Kylo/jedi Academy (Brez: that I think it's something JJ and Rian put a lot of thought in). None of that (Mark's backstory) is going to be in the movie. he doesn't want his version to turn out different from the books or whatever, basically saying it's backstory for his internal use, not something used in canon, that's what I'm getting. he loves the idea of Luke cones from his hand who's evil.  lol!

54 min - "but does he not know her?" he's not gonna answer that cause it's not a place for article, it's for movie, but Mark wanted to muddy the water. So Brez thinks that he might not recognize her but he knows her, like, oh that's the kid I dropped on jakku when she was little. Nothing based on insider knowledge but you know that once Reywalkers hear about it..."maybe she was an annoying kid" Brez on why Luke would drop Rey. Brez sometimes wants to drop his 2 kids on jakku  lol!

54 min - chosen one, he didn't even think of capitalizing those letters. Brez interpretation of Mark's words (he regrets not clarifying with Mark) is that eevry generation has a chosen one, the Force chooses one but since they have a life span, the Force keeps choosing those champions when previous one is no more. his interpretation is that Luke thought Kylo to be the one he should pass his knowledge on like OB1 did to him. Brez neevr understood the broader Jedi mythology and prophecy about bringing the balance to the Force. was there an imbalance? Brez thinks that Luke just thought Kylo was to be the next big thing ans he was going to pass the knowledge and that went horribly wrong. How do you balance a seesaw? LOl, they were so close, you balance it by having 2 on it but they didn't understand. Brez thinks there's no chosen one, that what brought Sith down was combination effort of Luke and his father. LOL, again, whose combined effort is going to do it this time? They just don't get it.

1:03:00 - what's defining moment for Luke? Brez thinks it's staring at twin sunsets, yearning to go out and discover what his future is, and that he still wonders.

1:09:00 Doesn't know whether Porgs are major players in the sense that they know secrets but doesn't think so. Doesn't think they'll have individual names. Steele compliments Brez on giving Jason credit for breaking the Porgs news.  cheers

Corporate Nerd Section  lol!  cheers

really nice discussion about competition in scooper business.

1:18:00 Reynobi theory - Steele gives Skytalkers a shout for supporting Reynobi.  cheers Steele's next sticker after Your Theory Sucks is going to be I Am Rey's Parents.  lol!  cheers

In 2015 Brez have heard that Obi wan was deliberately left out of TFA (save the voice) cause they were figuring out his connection to the new characters. he's never heard that OB1 was rey's grandfather. Brez thought that the connection was familial when Daisy said that her character was solitary living in the junk. So everyone thought it was Solo but Brez connected it to OB1 cause desert, lonely. So basically nothing concrete. LOL, now they are discussing OB1 or Palp clone theories. They actually like it.  affraid Brez "my job is to come up with Theories, Rian's is to make them presentable"

1:25:23 - Leia. Brez thinks they have to do some editing. he thinks that, when they say they won't change the story, they mean they won't suddenly kill her off or send her away, but they'll have to edit the movie with the perspective that she's not coming back, to make it emotional. Like when they edited BTS to emphasize her more.

1:27:00 - Snoke. They had a puppet for reference but Snoke in the movie is mo'cap Andy. Jason was right about the puppet.

Took him a while to warm up to Caretakers, reminded him of the Dark Crystal (duh, references to that movie were obvious in TFA). Rian explained they origin - are amphibian creatures rising up from the ocean drawn to primeval Jedi temple and over time they evolve and take on human characteristics. They are all females, they are nuns, monastic order, cloistered community of religious people, they are indigenous only to that planet, there are no others in the galaxy. They take care of religious structures. Brez is wondering if caretakers live off eating Porgs cause Skelling Michael monks lived off eating puffins.

This was very good but, as always, content depended on interviewer's interest and Steele just isn't interested in stuff that we are. He's all Luke, Porgs and I'm, like, I really don't care, lol. I want "2 halves of the light and the dark" dammit!

Last edited by vaderito on Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:46 am; edited 3 times in total
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:40 am

Damn, @vaderito thank you for writing all of this down!
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:45 am

SkyStar wrote:Damn, @vaderito thank you for writing all of this down!
@SkyStar

Also, and I'll add that in In the Nutshell, brez isn't any more informed about spoilers than we are. In fact, we are much ahead of him. He's only have the power to get an interview and hear whatever LF/Rian is comfortable talking about first. No more than that. So anything else is his guesswork including Reynobi theory that's on very shakey legs considering it's a mix of "solitary" line and LF's undefined plan with OB1. Nothing concrete.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:53 am

Yeah...its very much a Luke centered discussion. I felt like when they were discussing the TLJ coverage, Rey and Kylo are mentioned because its impossible not to talk about them if you're going to talk about Luke (the host is such a Luke fan, that the main reason he likes Rey is because she is one too Very Happy)
They talk a little bit about Leia, there's a mention of Admiral Holdo and Breznican seems very interested in BDT's character but Finn and Rose are not mentioned at all.
But overall I thought the guys were pretty funny and I enjoyed listening to them talk about Luke as he's favorite Star Wars character too Smile.

Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:56 am

@vaderito

Great job! Thanks for the time to listen and bringing it here.

Yeah, I can imagine Steele's not in things we're interested the most.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 23 Aug 2017, 9:58 am

Mana wrote:Yeah...its very much a Luke centered discussion. I felt like  when they were discussing the TLJ coverage, Rey and Kylo are mentioned because its impossible not to talk about them if you're going to talk about Luke (the host is such a Luke fan, that the main reason he likes Rey is because she is one too Very Happy)
They talk a little bit about Leia, there's a mention of Admiral Holdo and Breznican seems very interested in BDT's character but Finn and Rose are not mentioned at all.
But overall I thought the guys were pretty funny and I enjoyed listening to them talk about Luke as he's favorite Star Wars character too Smile.

@Mana

yeah, that was a very good interview because it revealed the inner workings of EW scooping which is that never get anything that LF doesn't want to show/give. So don't expect major story/plot-based spoilers from Brez and the likes. It's going to be gonzo sources and the way things are going, it's going to be the most gonzo of them all, like BothanSpy and 4chan, not scoopers whose identities are public (Jason&co).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:10 am

I love Steele, but he is a on a different fandom wavelength. I am about the Porgs, though... Always about the Porgs. I saw this discussed on other sites, but once you add Luke in... He overshadows everyone else for the 'typical' uberfans and the GA. They know him and wanna know what's up with him, even though LF obviously doesn't want to delve too much into that.

Interesting to know Brez doesn't know much. Even less than us uber nerds.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:17 am

vaderito wrote:
Mana wrote:Yeah...its very much a Luke centered discussion. I felt like  when they were discussing the TLJ coverage, Rey and Kylo are mentioned because its impossible not to talk about them if you're going to talk about Luke (the host is such a Luke fan, that the main reason he likes Rey is because she is one too Very Happy)

@Mana

yeah, that was a very good interview because it revealed the inner workings of EW scooping which is that never get anything that LF doesn't want to show/give. So don't expect major story/plot-based spoilers from Brez and the likes. It's going to be gonzo sources and the way things are going, it's going to be the most gonzo of them all, like BothanSpy and 4chan, not scoopers whose identities are public (Jason&co).
@vaderito

What's more I have an impression that both BIG TLJ cover stories so far were made by fanboys (Brez and Kamp), and it's their preferences of the story that dictate the final product in tone. The provided material is under control of LF (DJ story from the interview) and the answers to the interviews are in the hand of the person that gets interviewed (NDA).
The rest is author's personal head canon. If the one is, let's say, obsessed with Luke - everything will be about Luke.
At least that's the impression I got from the Brez's clarification to Steele - which is IMO the most interesting part of the interview.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:22 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:  

What's more I have an impression that both BIG TLJ cover stories so far were made by fanboys (Brez and Kamp), and it's their preferences of the story that dictate the final product in tone. The provided material is under control of LF (DJ story from the interview) and the answers to the interviews are in the hand of the person that gets interviewed (NDA).
The rest is author's personal head canon. If the one is, let's say, obsessed with Luke - everything will be about Luke.
At least that's the impression I got from the Brez's clarification to Steele - which is IMO the most interesting part of the interview.
@Darth_Awakened

Exactly which basically confirms that we should never get worked up over these editorials ever again. The same will repeat with EpIX. Editors are going to push for angle they want to push and ask questions they want answered and that won't satisfy fandoms that have different interests. In the meantime, LF will give them only what they want to give them. So editor dictates the article content and LF dictates what and how much will be in that content. And we know that hat LF wants to reveal and makes us think is the story is definitely not the whole story or the juicier part.

I'm glad that this interview clarified what we suspected all along. Now we can take those things in relaxed manner. Next is Empire so it's the same thing. There will be some direct quotes and much more editorializing. And accent will be on what Empire is interested in and what LF is comfortable revealing (Luke and Rey, Finn and Rose, PORGS, PORGS, PORGS). same old.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:38 am

More, we need more!

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 30 Tumblr12
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:40 am

CAN I PLEASE INTERVIEW THEM?! THESE LUKE'S CENTERED DISCUSSIONS ARE F***ING ANNOYING AND BORING.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Wed 23 Aug 2017, 10:45 am

vaderito wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:  

@Darth_Awakened

Exactly which basically confirms that we should never get worked up over these editorials ever again. The same will repeat with EpIX. Editors are going to push for angle they want to push and ask questions they want answered and that won't satisfy fandoms that have different interests. In the meantime, LF will give them only what they want to give them. So editor dictates the article content and LF dictates what and how much will be in that content. And we know that hat LF wants to reveal and makes us think is the story is definitely not the whole story or the juicier part.

I'm glad that this interview clarified what we suspected all along. Now we can take those things in relaxed manner. Next is Empire so it's the same thing. There will be some direct quotes and much more editorializing. And accent will be on what Empire is interested in and what LF is comfortable revealing (Luke and Rey, Finn and Rose, PORGS, PORGS, PORGS). same old.
@vaderito

Empire is in September?

yeah, I'am much more relaxed now and seriously there's no need of another GATE given these editorials. VF gate sucked out half of my soul lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next