Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

+61
jakkusun
soulluos
vaderito
SanghaRen
MeadowofAshes
Scavengerscum
Krafty
Airemyn
creepi0
Macha Ren
Kyla Ren
Hasi
Armadeus
LadyHa
EchoBase
Saracene
Lily Snape
ladyconsular
4forYouRey-lolo
MoonlitMoss
MelBee
Sylvia Snow
Rogue Rey
nonesuch
Geralt_Riv
Kessel
Darth_Awakened
ZioRen
rey09
reylo1992
BastilaBey
Magnolia_3.0
DarthRen
CienaRee
ReyofLightSide
Xylo Ren
MissG
Darth Rowan
MindAndMagic
Birdwoman
BenRey
Rei of Sunshine
MyOnlyHope
Rimfaxe96
Darth Dingbat
SoloSideCousin
Reylo Lemon
motherofpearl1
IoJovi
Reynak
panki
Helix
Moonjump05
Mana
Jakku
Irina de France
LondonGal555
spacebaby45678
ISeeAnIsland
snufkin
Gemini
65 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 Empty ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by Gemini Mon 28 Nov 2016, 3:05 pm

If she is a kenobi, I'd say the mystery is there simply to misdirect and cause a more meaningful reveal and emotional impact.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by snufkin Mon 28 Nov 2016, 3:06 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@snufkin

Would explain the affinity, for sure, but not Rey's power. According to Lucas, Obi-Wan was merely average in terms of power; his strengths were more mental and moral than having some insane talent.

The revelation also wouldn't really explain the need for a mystery in the first place...

But that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. If it does, I just hope Obi-Wan doesn't have some new love story in his Tatooine years. Please, please let Satine remain his true love.

@Darth Dingbat

We'll see! I mean, GL seemed kind of put out that Disney wasn't interested in his story suggestions for the ST and also probably not happy that Kasdan finally won their battle over what the outcome would be for the OT main three characters. He certainly complained enough about it to the media here in the States. So it's not like GL really gets any kind of input on these characters going forward (poor man, he gets no respect between Disney, the complaining nerds, and Chicago and San Francisco jerking him around about the museum he wants to build).

I'd only see it plausible if Snoke had some prior dealings with Obi-Wan same as with Leia, hence access to maybe family secrets and also a grudge about what side he stood for.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 Empty Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 28 Nov 2016, 3:10 pm

Gemini wrote:If she is a kenobi, I'd say the mystery is there simply to misdirect and cause a more meaningful reveal and emotional impact.
@Gemini

Right. A Rey Kenobi reveal early on would confirm that Kylo is the last Skywalker and also potentially give away the "reverse Anakin" storyline, if that's what they're going for (and I tend to believe that it is).

I'm, personally, not married to any particular parentage theory. I'll admit that I'm most intrigued by Rey having dark/Palpatine family origins, but they could do a lot of interesting things with storytelling symmetry with Rey Kenobi, as well.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 4:53 pm

Reynak wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Anthony Breznican is the real deal... lot's of inside info and contacts over at LF .... does not make him right, but yes one more point in the Rey Kenobi column
@spacebaby45678

Before I read the article I thought they couldn't make an Obi Wan movie for exactly the same reason given in the article. It does make sense. Why shooting a Bobba Fett movie or a Jyn movie if they had Obi Wan? Everyone would love to know what happened in the years between ROTS and ANH and I can't begin to imagine what they can come up with in a Bobba Fett movie. I'm not even interested in a Han Solo movie. I love Han but I don't care what he did before ANH. Obi Wan is different, he is so mysterious and knows so much, a movie about him is the one that seems more interesting and the one more people would be interested in. Ewan is another very good reason to make that film.

Why not then? Not the right time, not until the ST is over. Why? Because he is involved somehow in what's going to happen or has already happened. He passed away with something he couldn't achieve, which was saving Anakin and the Skywalkers with him. He mentored Luke and was Leia's only hope in ANH, but there's something pending for his character in a way. I think this pending issue is between him and Anakin, his former friend and eventually enemy. I think Rey and kylo will finish what their gradparents started, bringing balance to the Force ( Anakin's goal ) and saving the Skywalkers, which seemed the goal of Obi Wan's life, perhaps as a life debt he contracted when he met little Anakin and later took him under his wing. He had to kill him but continued looking after his family. Ben is his family and I think Rey (Kenobi) will somehow finish what her grandad , started.

Anakin and Obi Wan's story started with mentor-student and then brotherly love that turned into pure hatred on Anakin's side ( but still love on Obi1's side). That day,after the duel on Mustafar, Darth Vader was born and Anakin "died". The ST is a perfect mirror image of opposites, it starts with pure hatred on Rey (Kenobi)'s side and no hate on Kylo's side, surprisingly enough he seems smitten. He starts as Kylo Ren and will end the trilogy as Ben, his trajectory opposite to his grandads.

This time we will have romantic love instead of brotherly love (PT) or father-son love ( OT) and it will be mutual by the end, like it was mutual between Anakin and Obi1 before Anakin went full Dark mode. Reylo must be canon by the end of the trilogy, and not as a mere ship, but as an integral and fundametal part of the plot. It isn't mean to be something secondary but one of the main themes in the whole trilogy and SW in general. Love has always been one of the central themes in SW, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

I may be wrong, of couse, but I'm quite sure this is how things will go. No idea who Snoke is, I don't know if Ben is under an evil spell or on a terribly self-sacrificing mission, but I have no doubts Reylo will happen and I'm nearly sure Rey is a Kenobi and will help Kylo/Ben, who will be the belonging she seeks. Obi1 renounced romantic love but Rey will not.

I know, I may have to eat my hat in a few months, LOL.  lol!
@Reynak

Beautiful post, and 100% on everything I highlighted... I think it is star warzy a tad corny and something GL would do. ( HE IS THE KING OF CORNY)
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonGal555 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:02 pm

Reverse anakin.......
Ben kenobi taught anakin skywalker..
Ben solo skywalker teaches Rey kenobi.
Just a thought

LondonGal555
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:11 pm

Maybe unlike the PT, he could actually prevent the girl he's crushing on from getting killed (which is where the whole "Snoke wiped out her family angle would play in"). So speaking of the PT, can anybody explain to me exactly who was trying to kill Padme in the first two movies, because I totally could not pay attention to all of the space politics. I get that there were some planets who wanted to break off from the rest of the Federation or whatever their government body was. But I never quite could figure out who was trying to kidnap her, blow up her ship, poison dart her et cetera in the first two movies. Especially because she just always came across as less of a great leader and more like the class president or student body president at her secondary school. Was it Christopher Lee or the actual waiting in the shadows going to be the Emperor bad guy? Who kinda tricked her dumb boyfriend into killing her at the end?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonGal555 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:21 pm

dooku tried to kill her one time. I'll google it. Lol

Last edited by LondonGal555 on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

LondonGal555
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonGal555 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:26 pm

Dooku and Nute gunray made a deal to kill padame. Ben kenobi overheard Gunray ask if Padame was killed. gunray wanted revenge

LondonGal555
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:30 pm

@LondonGal555 - I only watched the PT after seeing TFA and maybe it's my short attention span, but all I could figure out is that it's about the really smart girl who's in student government and gets good grades who has a doomed affair and pregnancy with the big football jocks, who's not very bright and snaps thanks to being manipulated by one of their creepy teachers. But I still couldn't tell you who was trying to kill her and why, other than as a plot device to make her idiot boyfriend fall to the Darkside.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:32 pm

snufkin wrote:@LondonGal555 - I only watched the PT after seeing TFA and maybe it's my short attention span, but all I could figure out is that it's about the really smart girl who's in student government and gets good grades who has a doomed affair and pregnancy with the big football jocks, who's not very bright and snaps thanks to being manipulated by one of their creepy teachers. But I still couldn't tell you who was trying to kill her and why, other than as a plot device to make her idiot boyfriend fall to the Darkside.
@snufkin

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTBAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I mean, I actually love the PT, but this is hilarious.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 28 Nov 2016, 5:38 pm

Irina de France wrote:
snufkin wrote:@LondonGal555 - I only watched the PT after seeing TFA and maybe it's my short attention span, but all I could figure out is that it's about the really smart girl who's in student government and gets good grades who has a doomed affair and pregnancy with the big football jocks, who's not very bright and snaps thanks to being manipulated by one of their creepy teachers. But I still couldn't tell you who was trying to kill her and why, other than as a plot device to make her idiot boyfriend fall to the Darkside.  
@snufkin

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTBAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I mean, I actually love the PT, but this is hilarious.
@Irina de France

I think that Padme is supposed to be like Diane Court in Say Anything, a brainiac in the body of a game show hostess who dates a not very bright guy because he's hot and totally ga ga for her. Maybe they figured that because Natalie Portman is super smart and an Ivy League graduate, it'd rub off on the character. Which was so badly written, I couldn't tell you the basics of her motivations or why people would want to assassinate her. At least with Leia and Rey, you immediately get why they're each a threat to the bad guys because they both had character development.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakku Mon 28 Nov 2016, 7:40 pm

Yes, Padme's attraction to Anakin was baffling, considering that Obi Wan was wise and hot and more her age, not to mention that Ewan didn't deliver his lines like he was a male model on Mogadon.
Jakku
Jakku
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:05 pm

@Jakku - when the PT came out, I assumed from reviews that there was a love triangle (didn't know about the whole non-attachments thing) and assumed it'd be something like she gets knocked up by the dumb one but is actually in love with Obi-Wan, so the dumb one falls to the Dark Side out of jealousy. I was really shocked when a friend who'd seen it told me that no, it's about the two of them falling in love.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 28 Nov 2016, 9:22 pm

or maybe they were both dumb (Anakin AND Padme)...it takes two to tango after all
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:01 pm

Mana wrote:or maybe they were both dumb (Anakin AND Padme)...it takes two to tango after all
@Mana

Yeah, it always seemed to me that Padme really really liked how into her Anakin was and kinda just glossed over his flaws. Obi-wan loved the order too much to ever give her that type of attention.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:05 pm

Mana wrote:or maybe they were both dumb (Anakin AND Padme)...it takes two to tango after all
@Mana

She did just kinda stare at him dumbly after he ranted about hating Tuskens and killing their women and children.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:10 pm

Moonjump05 wrote:
@Mana

Yeah, it always seemed to me that Padme really really liked how into her Anakin was and kinda just glossed over his flaws. Obi-wan loved the order too much to ever give her that type of attention.
@Moonjump05

I actually do like Padme a little better than Anakin, but they deserve each other because hey, Obi Wan is way too good for her Laughing

I'm just glad that Rey and Kylo are nothing like Kylo's grandparents...
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:36 pm

I actually dislike the Amidala relationship a lot and subscribe to a fan theory I saw on YouTube that Anakin used the jedi mind trick (maybe unconsciously) to make Padme develop feelings for him...I'm even open to the possibility that Palpatine did the mind trick if Anakin didn't.

Padme seemed a sensible enough character but around Anakin she behaved really dumb and vapid (makes me more convinced of the mind trick)....and her taste in men was very different as well since she seemed to like slightly older guys (so her liking Obi-wan would have made much more sense)....in canon she had two love interests before Anakin.

First was Palo, who she mentions in AOTC: "I was twelve. His name was Palo. We were both in the Legislative Youth Program. He was a few years older than I… very cute… dark curly hair… dreamy eyes." The split amicably.

The second was a more recent one- Rush Clovis from the Banking Clan....I honestly thought he was a lot better than Anakin....though he also craved power, he was ready to forfeit everything for Padme and finally dies saving her life.....a far cry better than force choke your heavily pregnant wife man-child Anakin Skywalker..... blergh! Evil or Very Mad Suspect

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 Databank_rushclovis_01_169_715347df

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:44 pm

A real catch.
ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 Facist10
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonGal555 Mon 28 Nov 2016, 10:54 pm

The one good thing about anakin and padame was their love song, Across the stars.

LondonGal555
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:10 pm

I thought Jedi mind tricks weren't supposed to work on intelligent people...
its more likely that she loved him because she would always see him as that sweet little boy on tatooine who showed her affection
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:19 pm

Mana wrote:I thought Jedi mind tricks weren't supposed to work on intelligent people...
its more likely  that she loved him because she would always see him as that sweet little boy on tatooine who showed her affection
@Mana

Seeing someone as a sweet little boy isn't a reason to fall in love and marry someone, especially when he was the opposite of everyone that she had liked romantically till then.....also, she knew he brutally murdered the Tuskens, including women and children, gone into that crazy rant about wanting to be the most powerful person in the galaxy even before the were married and treated his mother's new family like dirt despite their saving her from slavery (which he failed to do)....so definitely nothing sweet about Anakin there. Suspect

And maybe I am biased but you don't turn on the group of people (the jedi) who raised you as one of their own and taught you everything you know....mercilessly killing even tiny children....that is no better than being a cuckoo in a crow's nest....if he had problems with them, he should have just left the order, married Padme and taken a new profession.....I'm sorry but I really hate Anakin the more I read about him in books and comics (and the movies don't help either)....and his treatment of Ahsoka in Rebels has left me really angry.

Last edited by panki on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:23 pm

panki wrote:
Mana wrote:I thought Jedi mind tricks weren't supposed to work on intelligent people...
its more likely that she loved him because she would always see him as that sweet little boy on tatooine who showed her affection
@Mana

Seeing someone as a sweet little boy isn't a reason to fall in love and marry someone, especially when he was the oppisite of everyone that she had liked romantically till then.....also, she knew he brutally murdered the Tuskens, including women and children and then went into that crazy rant about wanting to be the most powerful person in the galaxy even before the were married....so definitely nothing sweet about Anakin there. Suspect
@panki

We'll never know how or why she fell in love with him. This is just me speculating, but she went to her death believing that there was still good in him and she was right. The point is, she loved him.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Mon 28 Nov 2016, 11:26 pm

Mana wrote:
panki wrote:
its more likely  that she loved him because she would always see him as that sweet little boy on tatooine who showed her affection
@Mana

Seeing someone as a sweet little boy isn't a reason to fall in love and marry someone, especially when he was the oppisite of everyone that she had liked romantically till then.....also, she knew he brutally murdered the Tuskens, including women and children and then went into that crazy rant about wanting to be the most powerful person in the galaxy even before the were married....so definitely nothing sweet about Anakin there. Suspect
@panki

We'll never know how or why she fell in love with him. This is just me speculating, but she went to her death believing that there was still good in him and she was right. The point is, she loved him.
@Mana

I agree that she loved him but I question whether the love was voluntary .....but I do agree that we can only speculate about it and we'll never know the real truth.

Just noticed you mentioned the jedi mind trick a few posts back...it can work on anyone (even a very intelligent person) if the force user is strong enough....it just doesn't work on certain species like the Hutts and Toydarians.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 29 Nov 2016, 2:05 am

snufkin wrote:Time to dust off this old joke:

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 12 Tumblr_inline_o9pkvv6mkU1u1hblo_500

Why do we want Obi-Wan to be Rey's grandpa?

Super Honest Answer: Cause, if we’re trying to make these messed up puzzle pieces fit, this looks good!

Better Answer: Cause, Obi-Wan is awesome…lets bask in the awesome for a moment

(seriously though, it's beyond me if she was going to bang a Jedi, why Padme went for Mr I Don't Like Sand instead of Obi-Wan)
@snufkin

To me my liking the idea of her being a kenobi never stemmed from a love of the character. I'll always first  foremost just follow what I believe a film is trying to tell me. In this case it was never really spelled out with words, it's just mainly through film language and the theme of her affinity with the skywalkers. The ending was so incredibly outstanding to me in terms of film language and what I personally think it's trying to tell us (kenobi) that it sparked my interest in obibwan and his utter importance to the saga. More importantly, it made reylo incredibly solid in terms of the saga itself. Hence the decision of my longer name I chose in other places when I first introduced myself to y'all. That ending literally made me gasp with realisation. The music, the camera, the lack of dialogue all designed to glorify a strikingly poignant and familiar gesture.

I tell you if it's true, they are guarding it well.
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next