Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Podcasts

+63
RosiePancake
creepi0
PalmettoBlue
CienaRee
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Armadeus
Blackcanary
BastilaBey
Moonlight13
Darth Dementor
Ditzy
adamdrivershair
TheLastJedi
EchoBase
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
bossbaby
tukicarreno
BenOrgana
Millicent the Cat
MeadowofAshes
guardienne
krissy01
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
IoJovi
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
Saracene
Piper Maru
panki
Rimfaxe96
Darth Dingbat
Lily Snape
SoloSideCousin
SanghaRen
snufkin
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
jakkusun
Darth Rowan
Lucina
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
MindAndMagic
Tex
rey09
Xylo Ren
BenRey
AceofWands
Acritiqua
Birdwoman
kroi
nemapasara
Gemini
vaderito
Helix
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
Kylo Men
67 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 40 Empty Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 11 Nov 2017, 12:01 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:

I’m of the largely unsubstantiated opinion that she has always been a low-key Force user. Nothing overt. But she was too good for something else to not be at play. Kind of like Leia in the young Leia book. But the Force wasn’t really awake in her until she came into proximity with Kylo/Ben. Then it roared awake...signaling both Kylo and Snoke.

I’ve got some other thoughts, but I need to organize them!
@PalmettoBlue

FWIW, the Forces of Destiny cartoons with Rey on Jakku strongly hinted that she was using the Force a little bit without realizing it.

Interestingly, in the Leia PoA book, Leia also uses the Force at a key point without realizing it. I think those are both good examples of a Force-sensitive person tapping into the Force without being fully "awake" yet.

@ISeeAnIsland Yeah, that makes perfect sense. We talked about that back in the day when TFA first came out. The fact that Rey was so good at scavenging, so good mechanically, the languages thing etc., is probably due to her using the Force without intending to or realizing it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 11 Nov 2017, 12:25 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:

I’m of the largely unsubstantiated opinion that she has always been a low-key Force user. Nothing overt. But she was too good for something else to not be at play. Kind of like Leia in the young Leia book. But the Force wasn’t really awake in her until she came into proximity with Kylo/Ben. Then it roared awake...signaling both Kylo and Snoke.

@PalmettoBlue

FWIW, the Forces of Destiny cartoons with Rey on Jakku strongly hinted that she was using the Force a little bit without realizing it.

Interestingly, in the Leia PoA book, Leia also uses the Force at a key point without realizing it. I think those are both good examples of a Force-sensitive person tapping into the Force without being fully "awake" yet.
@ISeeAnIsland

I was thinking of both of those examples, actually, especially the one with Leia. I think I’ve read somewhere that Leia’s Force abilities manifest in her strong will and steadfast nature. I cannot remember where, but I know I didn’t make that up on my own.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 11 Nov 2017, 12:56 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:

@PalmettoBlue

@ISeeAnIsland

I was thinking of both of those examples, actually, especially the one with Leia. I think I’ve read somewhere that Leia’s Force abilities manifest in her strong will and steadfast nature. I cannot remember where, but I know I didn’t make that up on my own.
@PalmettoBlue

Was it in the short story from the book 'From a Certain Point of View' where Yoda talks about why he wants to train Leia as a jedi?

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 11 Nov 2017, 1:33 pm

Irina de France wrote:Catholic here: the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary is a dogma acknowledged by the Roman Catholic Church only. It's a concept that's been around for a very long time, but it's been acknowledged as a dogma in 1854 by pope Pius IX, way after Orthodox and Protestant Churches separated from Rome.

So thing is, Daisy is British, and if she is religious or has been raised in a religious family, chances are high that she's Protestant since that's what's dominant in the UK, and Protestant churches don't acknowledge the Immaculate Conception dogma, and the level of veneration towards the Virgin Mary definitely isn't as strong as in the Catholic and Orthodox Churches. So that's where the confusion might come from.

This said, Our Lord Jesus Christ was an Immaculate Conception as well. Immaculate Conceptipn includes two things:

a) Jesus incarnated Himself without the mark of the Original Sin of course, because He is God, of course, and Mary was created without the mark of the Original Sin, being the Mother of God;

b) Both of them were virgin births.

So from a theological pov, saying that Anakin is an immaculate conception is inaccurate (because he wouldn't be such a freaking mess, good lord), and virgin birth would be the right term.

(Thus endeth the catechism class)

@Irina de France

As another Catholic jumping in, I don't believe St. Anne was a virgin when she gave birth to Mary. She and St. Joachim had been married for a while. The Virgin birth was a miracle limited to Christ alone. However, yes, Mary was the Immaculate Conception because she was born without Original Sin because she was destined to be the mother of Christ.

Back to SW, I didn't think that they would create another virgin birth/ made by the force baby, for the sheer fact that they had done it with Anakin and wouldn't want to repeat themselves.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 11 Nov 2017, 1:55 pm

panki wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:

@PalmettoBlue

@ISeeAnIsland

@PalmettoBlue

Was it in the short story from the book 'From a Certain Point of View' where Yoda talks about why he wants to train Leia as a jedi?
@panki

I haven’t read all of those stories, so I doubt it. This is driving me around the bend that I can’t remember!
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Sat 18 Nov 2017, 6:15 pm

Saw this elsewhere...
"On the latest MSW podcast (203) Jason mentioned that people who'd seen TLJ often became more critical of TFA. So clearly there are people who have seen it. https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/now-podcasting-episode-203-rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-coming/"

Did anyone here hear this, and is it true? If so what do y'all think it means?
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 18 Nov 2017, 6:21 pm

kroi wrote:Saw this elsewhere...
"On the latest MSW podcast (203) Jason mentioned that people who'd seen TLJ often became more critical of TFA. So clearly there are people who have seen it. https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/now-podcasting-episode-203-rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-coming/"

@kroi

This is just from my gut, but I think it means that Rian has completely jumped into the deep end of the pool and has done risky and great things as a result, and that JJ didn't take it far enough.

Last edited by SoloSideCousin on Sat 18 Nov 2017, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Sat 18 Nov 2017, 6:46 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:

@kroi

This is just from my gut, but I think it means that Rian has completely jumped into the deep end of the pool and has done risky and great things as a result, and that JJ didn't it far enough.
@SoloSideCousin
Haha! Mine too!
kroi
kroi
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sat 18 Nov 2017, 7:24 pm

Or TFA is misleading in some way, were people might feel duped by what they saw.. Reywalker cough cough...
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:04 pm

So had a listen of the MSW podcast (took 1hr 48min, they ramble SO much, had it on in the background really), but here's what Jason had to say in response to the other podcaster talking about how Lucasfilm must be really confident about TLJ to release news of RJ directing his own trilogy a month early:

Well, and then, the other thing is, FWIW, the other thing I kinda noticed what happened was - once people started seeing TLJ - not in a way that was just like whatever the last thing that's old sucks, they started getting way more critical of Force Awakens after TLJ. Which made me go: "Last Jedi is the one they [Lucasfilm] really wanted to make when they started this trilogy." They're getting the story they wanted.

He was definitely speaking in a positive tone about this. https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/now-podcasting-episode-203-rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-coming/
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:08 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:So had a listen of the MSW podcast (took 1hr 48min, they ramble SO much, had it on in the background really), but here's what Jason had to say in response to the other podcaster talking about how Lucasfilm must be really confident about TLJ to release news of RJ directing his own trilogy a month early:

Well, and then, the other thing is, FWIW, the other thing I kinda noticed what happened was - once people started seeing TLJ - not in a way that was just like whatever the last thing that's old sucks, they started getting way more critical of Force Awakens after TLJ. Which made me go: "Last Jedi is the one they [Lucasfilm] really wanted to make when they started this trilogy." They're getting the story they wanted.

He was definitely speaking in a positive tone about this. https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/now-podcasting-episode-203-rian-johnson-star-wars-trilogy-coming/
@Kylo Rey

I swear that Jason is Adam driver. It takes them 3 hours to get to the point. Just look at that sentence. So Adam. lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:23 pm

Hmm, I guess the pressure is on for JJ (and his co-scriptwriter) then!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:38 pm

KrazyForKylo wrote:Hmm, I guess the pressure is on for JJ (and his co-scriptwriter) then!
@KrazyForKylo

My thoughts exactly. JJ is going to have to really step it up then. At least he's got a second go at it.

On a side note. I see JJ watching the final cut of TLJ and turning to Rian and saying, "You think you know Reylo? Hold my drink." Razz
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:40 pm

vaderito wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:So had a listen of the MSW podcast (took 1hr 48min, they ramble SO much, had it on in the background really), but here's what Jason had to say in response to the other podcaster talking about how Lucasfilm must be really confident about TLJ to release news of RJ directing his own trilogy a month early:

@Kylo Rey

I swear that Jason is Adam driver. It takes them 3 hours to get to the point. Just look at that sentence. So Adam. lol! lol! lol!
@vaderito

And I even cut out a few words he kept on repeating!
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Nov 2017, 8:54 pm

Tex wrote:
KrazyForKylo wrote:Hmm, I guess the pressure is on for JJ (and his co-scriptwriter) then!
@KrazyForKylo

My thoughts exactly. JJ is going to have to really step it up then. At least he's got a second go at it.

On a side note. I see JJ watching the final cut of TLJ and turning to Rian and saying, "You think you know Reylo? Hold my drink." Razz
@Tex

lol, I can totally imagine that exchange between Rian and JJ Very Happy But I like to think JJ was the one who corrupted Rian in the first place! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 18 Nov 2017, 9:23 pm

Tex wrote:
@KrazyForKylo

@Tex

JJ's actual words to Rian.

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 40 Giphy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 18 Nov 2017, 9:43 pm

@kroi

From my (very) limited vantage point, based on what we've heard about TLJ, I think it makes sense that people who have seen it would be more critical of TFA in retrospect. If that's true, that's really exciting.

TFA had its good points, especially when it came to the new characters, but it was hella derivative of all the OT movies. Honestly, the only truly intriguing and innovative part of it for me was Kylo. Without him, I'd still be excited about SW and the next movies in the ST, but definitely not on this level. If TLJ is innovative with not only Rey and Kylo, but beyond that, what fantastic news.

I understand why TPTB were so careful with TFA, but I'm glad we're getting more confirmation that they're likely taking a new route.

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Sat 18 Nov 2017, 10:29 pm

Kessel wrote:

@kroi

From my (very) limited vantage point, based on what we've heard about TLJ, I think it makes sense that people who have seen it would be more critical of TFA in retrospect. If that's true, that's really exciting.

TFA had its good points, especially when it came to the new characters, but it was hella derivative of all the OT movies. Honestly, the only truly intriguing and innovative part of it for me was Kylo. Without him, I'd still be excited about SW and the next movies in the ST, but definitely not on this level. If TLJ is innovative with not only Rey and Kylo, but beyond that, what fantastic news.

I understand why TPTB were so careful with TFA, but I'm glad we're getting more confirmation that they're likely taking a new route.
@Kessel

I am totally expecting the "J.J. backlash" after TLJ with nasty comments like "Rian did sooo much better than J.J.", as if Rian's work was coming out of nothing. Sure, Jan!

J.J. made such so an amazing that 2 years after, there are still people thinking that TFA is a poor remake of ANH, that Rey's parentage is all what matters, that she is a Skygirl and that Reylo doesn't exist. Well done J.J. because "this is not going to go" the way they think.

TFA is a good movie just for this reason: keeping people blind although everything is under their nose. I saw the movie in a totally new way after I came on the forum. Which random viewer would think that eviiill villain Kylo Ren is actually adark version of a Prince(ss) in distress?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40