Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Podcasts

+63
RosiePancake
creepi0
PalmettoBlue
CienaRee
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Armadeus
Blackcanary
BastilaBey
Moonlight13
Darth Dementor
Ditzy
adamdrivershair
TheLastJedi
EchoBase
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
bossbaby
tukicarreno
BenOrgana
Millicent the Cat
MeadowofAshes
guardienne
krissy01
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
IoJovi
Cowgirlsamurai
Kessel
Saracene
Piper Maru
panki
Rimfaxe96
Darth Dingbat
Lily Snape
SoloSideCousin
SanghaRen
snufkin
Kyla Ren
SkyStar
Reylo Lemon
jakkusun
Darth Rowan
Lucina
Irina de France
ReyofLightSide
MindAndMagic
Tex
rey09
Xylo Ren
BenRey
AceofWands
Acritiqua
Birdwoman
kroi
nemapasara
Gemini
vaderito
Helix
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
spacebaby45678
Kylo Men
67 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussion: Podcasts - Page 38 Empty Re: Discussion: Podcasts

Post by Birdwoman Wed 01 Nov 2017, 1:08 pm

One of my IRL friends, posted on Facebook about how he is super nervous about Luke's portrayal in TLJ.  He is a super fan boy and with all this marketing he isn't sure he is going to like where they are taking Luke's character.  Change is hard for him but at least he is acknowledging it and trying to deal with it prior to seeing the movie.
The larger traditional fandom is very rigid and I have found over the last two years pretty condescending also. So I have limited myself to podcasts and sites that are welcoming plus are able to deal with change.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:08 pm

I would never waste my time listening to the Rebel Grrl podcast.  Amanda Ward mocks reylos on Twitter.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 01 Nov 2017, 2:40 pm

BenRey wrote:I would never waste my time listening to the Rebel Grrl podcast.  Amanda Ward mocks reylos on Twitter.
@BenRey

And she thinks she's a feminist. If she was, she would never throw sith at other women or even fanarts! She mocks fanarts! I remember one twitter exchange with a guy and they were talking about a certain, very innocent, reylo fanart and she said that in our drawings we make "Adam look better". I GOT REALLY ANGRY.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:13 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
BenRey wrote:I would never waste my time listening to the Rebel Grrl podcast.  Amanda Ward mocks reylos on Twitter.
@BenRey

And she thinks she's a feminist. If she was, she would never throw sith at other women or even fanarts! She mocks fanarts! I remember one twitter exchange with a guy and they were talking about a certain, very innocent, reylo fanart and she said that in our drawings we make "Adam look better". I GOT REALLY ANGRY.
@Maria Antonietta

Yeah, Amanda can be pretty rude. I actually don't think of her as much of a feminist hero. I think she very much wants to project a "I'm a cool girl who can hang with the guys" image. She does way too much attacking of other women in the fandom IMO, including telling her female podcast to 'f*** off" (or something along those lines) when they female podcaster brought up Reylo.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:16 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
@BenRey

@Maria Antonietta LOL why is she studying Reylo artwork so hard? Laughing

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 01 Nov 2017, 4:20 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@BenRey

@Maria Antonietta LOL why is she studying Reylo artwork so hard? Laughing
@MeadowofAshes

Like every anti, she can't resist talking about it lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 01 Nov 2017, 5:50 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@BenRey

@Maria Antonietta

Yeah, Amanda can be pretty rude.  I actually don't think of her as much of a feminist hero.  I think she very much wants to project a "I'm a cool girl who can hang with the guys" image.  She does way too much attacking of other women in the fandom IMO, including telling her female podcast to 'f*** off" (or something along those lines) when they female podcaster brought up Reylo.

@SoloSideCousin

I have to agree in terms of not terribly feminist other than I can acknowledge how hard it is to put yourself out there in mainstream/geek fandom. It's such a f**king Boy's Club that typically doesn't want to hear women's voices or give them a place at the table (like everywhere else). Or the whole insistence by Dude Bros that you're a Fake Geek Girl.

Otherwise mocking somebody's fan art, regardless of what you think of the characters/relationship it's depicting, is really shi**y. Because that's somebody putting themselves out there in their art. Which is as scary and brave as doing something like a podcast. Otherwise, oh yeah there is most definitely a bit of a double standard going on about being supportive of female fans and speaking out/being an ally against fanboy misogyny. Except when it's about how female fans who have discussed this topic get treated by discussions being banned, mocked, et cetera. I don't think anybody here is going to get Cool Girl designation from the mainstream fandom. Nor do any of us want it. What does suck is that there are clearly female fans who've been pushing back against these attitudes and with the ST, it's female characters and stories which are coming to the center. I really get that part being a woman in a primarily male industry where getting mansplained or talked down to by guys who don't know half as much as I do but who are the default voice of authority in our society because of their gender, it's infuriating. Wanting to be the Cool Girl or get into the Boy's Club House makes sense on a certain level. But it's also bullshit, especially with attitudes like that one - which is slapping the Fake Geek Girl label on other female fans are written off as having silly retrograde fantasies (which they aren't). Or that they're not the "right" type of fan or the "right" type of feminist. TBH I find a lot of the existing SW feminist discourse to be pretty lacking, or at least really 2nd wave. Especially when you have an example like Leia who's the smartest person in the room, leading the Rebellion, kicking a** and taking names, looking fabulous, and having a smoking hot affair with the problematic bad boy character.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 01 Nov 2017, 6:07 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@BenRey

@Maria Antonietta

Yeah, Amanda can be pretty rude. I actually don't think of her as much of a feminist hero. I think she very much wants to project a "I'm a cool girl who can hang with the guys" image. She does way too much attacking of other women in the fandom IMO, including telling her female podcast to 'f*** off" (or something along those lines) when they female podcaster brought up Reylo.
@SoloSideCousin

And now that female podcast partner has left the podcast...
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 01 Nov 2017, 6:11 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@BenRey

@Maria Antonietta

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

oh she's a secret reylo and she couldn't even talk about it... #embarassing
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Wed 01 Nov 2017, 7:21 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@BenRey

@Maria Antonietta

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland

oh she's a secret reylo and she couldn't even talk about it... #embarassing
@Maria Antonietta

Unbelievable.
When it comes to fan fic, fan art, podcasting, I try to follow the old saw: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

I completely recognize my hypocrisy by coming here and saying non-complimentary things.

However, I wouldn’t leave her a negative review, any more than I leave negative reviews on fanfic. Now I want to because she’s been dirisive about something I personally believe to be an accurate reading of the story.

Does anyone else want to see her reaction and others who’ve been so dismissive of Reylo if it happens? I do. I really do.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 01 Nov 2017, 7:28 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@BenRey

@Maria Antonietta

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland
If I'm allowed to be frank here, that one podcast they did together where the other woman tried to talk about Kylo and Rey as anything other than bitter enemies and was repeatedly told to "f*** off" and "shut the f*** up" made me feel sick. I couldn't believe how someone could speak that way to anybody they considered a friend (or even an acquaintance) over something so trivial. I'm glad she left. I would have done the same thing.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 01 Nov 2017, 7:30 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@BenRey

@Maria Antonietta

@SoloSideCousin

@ISeeAnIsland
If I'm allowed to be frank here, that one podcast they did together where the other woman tried to talk about Kylo and Rey as anything other than bitter enemies and was repeatedly told to "f*** off" and "shut the f*** up" made me feel sick. I couldn't believe how someone could speak that way to anybody they considered a friend (or even an acquaintance) over something so trivial. I'm glad she left. I would have done the same thing.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Poor Tricia..
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 01 Nov 2017, 11:57 pm

From my perspective, I was completely turned off by Amanda Ward's analysis and her attitude in general. I felt that she did not dig deep enough for me and was stuck in OT fandom mentality. Of course, this is just my opinion....

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Fri 03 Nov 2017, 4:25 am

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/now-podcasting-special-episode-interview-battlefront-ii-writer-mitch-dyer/

This Making Star Wars podcast interviews the writer of Battlefront. Supposedly, he talks about Kylo Ren.
I haven't listened to it yet...but thought you guys might be interested
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sat 04 Nov 2017, 1:18 am

Kessel wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:Have y’all listened to the latest MSW podcast (#200)? I was literally driving down the road, shaking my head, and talking back to them. They seem to have tunnel vision with regards to this movie.

I’m worried they know something we don’t. But the main body of the podcast dealt with toy dialogue, so maybe not?
@PalmettoBlue
I wouldn't worry about what MSW knows or doesn't know. They got shut out of plot-related leaks big time after all their success in leaking an early script of TFA. That's been obvious for a long time. Instead they have some tie to LucasFilm's marketing. All of their accurate leaks have been toy-related, while everything else has fallen pretty flat after they admitted they were unsure of how trustworthy their sources were (namely Ireland shooting). So really, don't concern yourself with it. Smile
@FrolickingFizzgig

Right. They clearly got early previews of a number of merch and marketing pieces, but they don't seem to have much in the way of context for those pieces. I wouldn't worry.
@ISeeAnIsland
If they had anything worthwhile they would have dropped it already. Now we're 2 months away from the film and getting new information fast, and if you think it's going fast now wait until all the TV spots, interviews and real merchandising for Christmas to kick in. We're just at the beginning, and every day MSW loses more and more time to reveal something big and get a ton of clicks/ad-revenue. There was no better time than right before or right after the trailer, yet still, nothing. The more time ticks by, the more likely it becomes that their only ties were to merchandising and they weren't really privy to any big plot spoilers.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Supposedly, they have something regarding Luke's costume change that "they can't talk about" and something big on Leia that "they can't talk about."

It does seem like they were slipped a few descriptions of scenes but not given much context, such as the "Rey goes ballistic and starts throwing things at Luke" rumored scene.  And going back to the original post, they did say that "several sources" told them that Luke tells Rey "that she has to kill Kylo, but she doesn't want to."

My guess is this...they did have a couple of sources early on who fed them some scene descriptions/plot points (e.g. the FinnRose star destroyer infiltration), but those sources dried up when LF brought the hammer down on all of the "leakers" (e.g. Bothan-Spy, Mr. Ghostface, etc).

Since then, all they've had have been their merch sources...and they were left without any real context for the plot points that they did have.
@ISeeAnIsland

I agree. And I do wonder about the secret Luke outfit thing. I remember them talking about Luke wearing some fancier Count Dooku outfit. We have not seen an outfit like that as at all, but we have seen a hint in that picture where Mark and Carrie are sitting in lawn chairs in front of the trailer. Mark is covered up, but you can see he's wearing a pretty nice shirt underneath that would never work with the brown traveling outfit and the old school Jedi outfit. Also remember Rian tweeted that picture of the Jedi outfit on a hanger, like it had been "hung up."
@SoloSideCousin

Ooh, I'd forgotten about the "hung up" Jedi outfit--good recall! (And if I recall, that was one of the things that freaked people out elsewhere thinking that Luke would die.)

But yes, we saw Mark with a cleaned up beard/new haircut towards the end of filming, and there was that covered-up fancy outfit. I always figured it was some still-yet-unseen costume change that MSW didn't want to spill the beans on.

If MSW knows about anything, I'd guess that they know more about Luke, but after what happened with TFA, they don't want to go public with it until there's corroborating evidence from something official. Like, how they never mentioned anything about the Rey-attacking-Luke scene until the trailer dropped with that shot of Luke on the ground.
@ISeeAnIsland

It's one of the secrets of the movie; there's a Jedi makeover spa on Ahch-To, run exclusively by the alien amphibian nuns. The porgs are used as loofahs. Wink Meh, at this point in the game, I'm pretty much just willing to bet that 80% of the movie is going to surprise us. It's a long movie, and I love that concept, as there are many scenes we have no idea that are coming. Along with all the Reylo we're getting in the trailer and marketing, that looks very promising indeed.
@RandomObserver

Y’all, they made it worse. I finally finished listening to the MSW #200.

Jason said Adam Driver was wasted as an actor in Star Wars because villains aren’t very complicated.

I guess he didn’t watch the same trailer I did.

And yes, they are exactly like the male friends I have that are SW fans. Frankly, I’m disappointed in them all and I find their lack of faith disturbing.

Time to listen to SWC - I’m so glad we have others to listen to! They are so much more thoughtful about all of this than most podcasts.
@PalmettoBlue

Wow, it looks like they are getting really off base lately... Adam Driver is being wasted as an actor in his role as Kylo!? Wut? So, does he think all the Kylo parts of the trailer were total misdirection? Does he think Rian is going to make Kylo a cardboard villain and poor Adam will have nothing significant to do with the role, except stomp around and kill his mom and/or Snoke? Lol.
@Kessel

Adam Driver earned whatever he was paid in the few seconds of that trailer alone and all the questioning and rethinking his amazing acting is making people do.  But yes, I think he will just stomp around hallways (remember that one?) and twirl his villainous mustache like Snidely Whiplash.  And kill Leia in cold blood.  And then get offed by his cousin Rey as everyone cheers.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 04 Nov 2017, 3:24 am

Mana wrote:https://makingstarwars.net/2017/11/now-podcasting-special-episode-interview-battlefront-ii-writer-mitch-dyer/

This Making Star Wars podcast interviews the writer of Battlefront. Supposedly, he talks about Kylo Ren.
I haven't listened to it yet...but thought you guys might be interested
@Mana

Haven't seen this posted here yet, so here is apparently what was said in the podcast:

Throughout the campaign, Inferno Squad’s story will intersect with the hero.

We really wanted to have a Kylo Ren story. One, because wouldn’t it be awesome to write Kylo Ren? Yeah it would. And two, we have a cool idea for Kylo Ren and when we came to the table with this idea to Lucasfilm, we were fully expecting outright rejection. Like, ‘No, this is off limits. This doesn’t work. It doesn’t make sense. It kind of breaks the character…” and whatever. We kind of psyched ourselves out with all these reasons we would get told no.

We brought this idea to Lucasfilm and it’s a unique idea of how to play Kylo Ren. The context in which you play Kylo Ren in the campaign is very different than people are expecting and something I’m very proud of because we were able to take this idea that we were like ‘Ah, no way, right?’ and Lucasfilm was all in.

They were so on board with it, they were very excited to explore Kylo Ren in the way that we are and it’s just really exciting to get to do that and have the trust of Lucasfilm like ‘Yes, take this character and go forward in this distinct way’.

Source
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 04 Nov 2017, 1:47 pm

More podcasts, most hosts doing advanced tumbling patterns to avoid saying that Reylo is going to happen...
Bless.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sat 04 Nov 2017, 6:24 pm

Probably been debated already but thanks to the new SWC podcast, looked on The Harbinger Death theory from Knights of Rant. It's pretty interesting. Kylo has heard of her and Luke too. Maybe this something way back they've discovered and if I'm not mistaken Knights of Rant do have some type of sources to the production by the process of elimination gather evidence. It would sort of explain Kylo "It is you" line. Just where Raw Powah fits in all of this.

DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 07 Nov 2017, 3:51 pm

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Tue 07 Nov 2017, 9:49 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
@reylo1992

Slow claps....he got the memo. Welcome to Reylo. It’s what y’all have been saying for almost two years. I just boarded the train in late June, but it’s been there all along.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 09 Nov 2017, 3:37 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
@reylo1992

Slow claps....he got the memo. Welcome to Reylo. It’s what y’all have been saying for almost two years. I just boarded the train in late June, but it’s been there all along.
@PalmettoBlue

I'm listening to this. It's good.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 09 Nov 2017, 5:27 pm

vaderito wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
@reylo1992

@PalmettoBlue

@vaderito

Agree - I was particularly interested in his take on the scene with Kylo flying during the space battle. I think it'd be very interesting if he is right that Kylo is docking on the ship. It opens up all sorts of possibilities.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 09 Nov 2017, 6:24 pm

PalmettoBlue wrote:
vaderito wrote:
PalmettoBlue wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:
@reylo1992

@PalmettoBlue

@vaderito

Agree - I was particularly interested in his take on the scene with Kylo flying during the space battle. I think it'd be very interesting if he is right that Kylo is docking on the ship. It opens up all sorts of possibilities.
@PalmettoBlue

I could swear that I've seen a rumor/hint here and there (e.g. reddit) that that's exactly what Kylo is doing...landing in the hangar of the Resistance ship.

And if that's the case, it would explain that BTS shot where Carrie was in her gray coat, and she and Adam both appeared to be on a Resistance set of some sort.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 09 Nov 2017, 6:38 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

If that was the case - the possibilities are just - fascinating. I hadn't heard the rumor about possibly docking on board the ship.

Is he going to fight his way to the bridge? Kill someone? Kidnap someone? Or is he there to finally get the map?
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Fri 10 Nov 2017, 12:36 pm

He's fast and on top of things, other podcasts need to catch up pronto:

This is really good. Highly recommendable.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next