Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kylo and Revan?

4 posters

Go down

Kylo and Revan? Empty Kylo and Revan?

Post by nite0wl29 Thu 14 Sep 2017, 8:51 am

Since the moment we got a glimpse of Kylo Ren I automatically got the "Darth Revan" vibe from him. Since Kylo is 50/50 light and dark side, I think this could be Disney's way of using the "idea" of Darth Revan and incorporating his abilities into Kylo Ren. Kylo's gift of possessing both light and dark, and his redemption could lead him into being a war hero like Revan in the Old Republic legends. If Rey was being the "Bastilla" of the new trilogy, I think it would be an awesome opportunity to incorporate the children of Han and Leia in the old trilogy books before they became strictly "legends." If they can add Thrawn from legends, what are everyone's thoughts on this possibility for the future Star Wars trilogies? Didn't they say that there would be another trilogy after Episode lX?

Kylo and Revan? Img_0612
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kylo and Revan? Empty Re: Kylo and Revan?

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Sep 2017, 9:03 am

Pablo can say that no one working on TFA played KOTOR or is familiar with it, but parallels are uncanny as is Totally Not the Force Bond Nope with Rey.

Oh, and "the New Jedi" smacks of Grey Jedi but Totally Not Grey Jedi Nope.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:14 am

I remember totally giving Pablo the side-eye when he said Kylo Ren borrowed no inspiration from Darth Revan when they designed him.  The resemblance is uncanny.  Bastila Shan and Rey as well.  

From what I have observed, KOTOR was pretty huge and I have a hard  time believing no one on the team had heard of it.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 14 Sep 2017, 11:21 pm

Absolutely. I believe bits and pieces of Darth Revan and Bastila were used in Kylo and Rey's creation but the two characters and their story won't be carbon copies of the formers.

Much akin to The Godfather and Empire borrowing elements from King Lear; Brother Where art Thou and The Warriors taking inspiration from The Iliad and The Odyssey; and A New Hope riffing from Hidden Fortress, but were branched into their own unique sagas.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down