Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

+52
ReyofLightSide
ZioRen
Kyla Ren
ladyconsular
Geralt_Riv
Helix
hrivulja
Airemyn
MeadowofAshes
LondonGal555
Armadeus
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
vaderito
snufkin
BastilaBey
Sylvia Snow
ViviF
MindAndMagic
Gemini
Kessel
Kaleyna
soulluos
motherofpearl1
SanghaRen
nonesuch
jakkusun
Moonjump05
Saracene
Xylo Ren
Rimfaxe96
Reylo Lemon
reylo1992
creepi0
Krafty
Irina de France
Darth Dementor
Lily Snape
LadyHa
Darth Rowan
panki
Darth_Awakened
KnightsofReyloRen
Jakku
spacebaby45678
Marchtwin
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Kylo Ren
Birdwoman
Little_Boots
56 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Empty ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:43 pm

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Tumblr_inline_obaftoSsAE1up03t4_1280

I’ve been reading The Force Awakens comics today. I suddenly remembered something. There was a post on tumblr with someone saying that Rey’s and Kylo Ren’s weapons are almost collapsing, as it was a sign for them, uniting powers.

I don’t know if it’s true for them to unite powers or not. But as a graphic designer, I can confirm this: This is not a mistake, their weapons looking like that. It means something for sure. When you design something, pulling pieces together, you always get that feeling: Are they too close? Is it inappropriate? How can I fix this?

But hey, they didn’t want to fix this at all because it was the plan. Can you imagine that how many drafts they did for this poster? Just think about it. Star Wars is a very big franchise. This is the movie we were craving for. Everything had to be perfect. I am pretty sure there were numerous people had to think on this poster for every single detail, Kylo’s scarf, amount of stars, the way the light on Chewbacca’s fur, Rey’s teeth… I mean every damn pixel. Because that’s how we do it. And it’s not just for Star Wars only. When you have to represent your work, you want to give messages. In this case, that is the poster, that’s how you’re going to represent it. It will be everywhere. TVs, websites, bus stops, my wall, your wall, restaurants… You need to do your best. You get the point?

I used to think the person whom I mentioned above about the tumblr post, was overthinking as well. Well, they’re not obviously. I never looked at the poster like this before, I never intended to examine it. But since we’ve been told that the movie is full of symbolism and seeing it again, today, I am now.

Yes, they wanted their weapons to look like that. They wanted Rey to stand there, somewhere in between.

And it’s not a mistake.

http://monsterscavenger.tumblr.com/post/148351829600/ive-been-reading-the-force-awakens-comics-today
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Post by ISeeAnIsland Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:50 pm

snufkin wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Tumblr_inline_obaftoSsAE1up03t4_1280

I’ve been reading The Force Awakens comics today. I suddenly remembered something. There was a post on tumblr with someone saying that Rey’s and Kylo Ren’s weapons are almost collapsing, as it was a sign for them, uniting powers.

I don’t know if it’s true for them to unite powers or not. But as a graphic designer, I can confirm this: This is not a mistake, their weapons looking like that. It means something for sure. When you design something, pulling pieces together, you always get that feeling: Are they too close? Is it inappropriate? How can I fix this?

But hey, they didn’t want to fix this at all because it was the plan. Can you imagine that how many drafts they did for this poster? Just think about it. Star Wars is a very big franchise. This is the movie we were craving for. Everything had to be perfect. I am pretty sure there were numerous people had to think on this poster for every single detail, Kylo’s scarf, amount of stars, the way the light on Chewbacca’s fur, Rey’s teeth… I mean every damn pixel. Because that’s how we do it. And it’s not just for Star Wars only. When you have to represent your work, you want to give messages. In this case, that is the poster, that’s how you’re going to represent it. It will be everywhere. TVs, websites, bus stops, my wall, your wall, restaurants… You need to do your best. You get the point?

I used to think the person whom I mentioned above about the tumblr post, was overthinking as well. Well, they’re not obviously. I never looked at the poster like this before, I never intended to examine it. But since we’ve been told that the movie is full of symbolism and seeing it again, today, I am now.

Yes, they wanted their weapons to look like that. They wanted Rey to stand there, somewhere in between.

And it’s not a mistake.

http://monsterscavenger.tumblr.com/post/148351829600/ive-been-reading-the-force-awakens-comics-today
@snufkin

Slightly unrelated, but Resistance symbol "hidden" in the folds of the cloak on Kylo's shoulder is pretty impossible to miss with the poster blown up and in hi-res detail like that.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:52 pm

@ISeeAnIsland - is it in the above picture? I've read a couple times about that detail but haven't been able to spot it.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:56 pm

snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - is it in the above picture? I've read a couple times about that detail but haven't been able to spot it.
@snufkin

It's in the folds of his right shoulder. The one thing that sticks out to me there is the orb that covers both of their hearts... I love you
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:05 pm

IoJovi wrote:
snufkin wrote:@ISeeAnIsland - is it in the above picture? I've read a couple times about that detail but haven't been able to spot it.
@snufkin

It's in the folds of his right shoulder. The one thing that sticks out to me there is the orb that covers both of their hearts... I love you
@IoJovi

I think my eyesight is just bad, I can't see it other than she's blocking his right shoulder. I'm the dummy who always notices last when people are pointing out birds or whatever hiding in trees. But it is interesting how they're parallel to each other just like how Han and Leia are. Totally a coincidence, right ; )? :

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Tfa_poster_wide_header-1536x864-959818851016
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:06 pm

snufkin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@snufkin

@IoJovi

I think my eyesight is just bad, I can't see it other than she's blocking his right shoulder. I'm the dummy who always notices last when people are pointing out birds or whatever hiding in trees. But it is interesting how they're parallel to each other just like how Han and Leia are. Totally a coincidence, right ; )? :

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Tfa_poster_wide_header-1536x864-959818851016
@snufkin

LOL His other right shoulder. Not our right. His right.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:07 pm

@snufkin

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 2vmvtci
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:14 pm

thanks guys, I'm looking! But people do seriously have to grab my hand and point at birds or whatever out on the water or in a tree before I'll see it. I just see the textile pattern (and the orb @IoJovi pointed out : ) )

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Screen14
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:17 pm

I see the letter R in that pic above
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:19 pm

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Screen10
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:21 pm

Finn is on the complete opposite side of the poster.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:23 pm

OK, the letter R? I do see that (this is the high res image I've been straining at). Seriously, don't ever ask me to play Magic Eye at a party, because I'm the worst at this stuff. Double for "look at that bird in the tree" or "check out that it's a seal in the water" conversations if I'm standing outdoors or at the beach.

Also ha! So Poe is supposedly one of the magic trio and one of Rey's supposed love interests. Yet he's so teeeny and generic in that image. Even Finn her supposed fellow Jedi and love interest is on the opposite side from her.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:24 pm

snufkin wrote:OK, the letter R? I do see that (this is the high res image I've been straining at). Seriously, don't ever ask me to play Magic Eye at a party, because I'm the worst at this stuff. Double for "look at that bird in the tree" or "check out that it's a seal in the water" conversations if I'm standing outdoors or at the beach.

Also ha! So Poe is supposedly one of the magic trio and one of Rey's supposed love interests. Yet he's so teeeny and generic in that image. Even Finn her supposed fellow Jedi and love interest is on the opposite side from her.
@snufkin

The resistance symbol is the gigantic crease I believe.....below the tiny R......if it is even an R meant to be there.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:26 pm

Little_Boots wrote:
snufkin wrote:OK, the letter R? I do see that (this is the high res image I've been straining at). Seriously, don't ever ask me to play Magic Eye at a party, because I'm the worst at this stuff. Double for "look at that bird in the tree" or "check out that it's a seal in the water" conversations if I'm standing outdoors or at the beach.

@snufkin

The resistance symbol is the gigantic crease I believe.....below the tiny R......if it is even an R meant to be there.
@Little_Boots

Thanks! I see the R and that's interesting. I definitely see the frayed edges of his cowl/cloak combo. Wasn't there some speculation that it was burned (and maybe he was burned) in whatever Very Bad Things happened to Luke's training program?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:29 pm

R, it could stand for lots of things, Resistance, Rey, even Ren if he have the habit of writing his name on his personal clothing and stuff.
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:31 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:R, it could stand for lots of things, Resistance, Rey, even Ren if he have the habit of writing his name on his personal clothing and stuff.
@Sylvia Snow

Snoke could be like the mothers who sews labels into their kids' clothing so that they don't lose it at summer camp or in physical education class!
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:33 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:R, it could stand for lots of things, Resistance, Rey, even Ren if he have the habit of writing his name on his personal clothing and stuff.
@Sylvia Snow

Or it could stand for...........Rubber ducky lol Razz Seriously though, it could be nothing, but since the resistance symbol has been noticed by a lot of people, I would say resistance
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:33 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:
@snufkin

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 2vmvtci
@Maria Antonietta

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Zyakk5

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:35 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:
@snufkin

@Maria Antonietta

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 10 Zyakk5
@WhatGirl

THANK YOU! You would be the person who'd get frustrated with me and grab my hand to finally point it in the direction of where the bird was sitting. Yes I see that now, very interesting. Like the above commenter said, as a graphic artist nothing is ever random because there's so much information to be to be contained within the image and specific message you're trying to get across.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:36 pm

snufkin wrote:
@Sylvia Snow

Snoke could be like the mothers who sews labels into their kids' clothing so that they don't lose it at summer camp or in physical education class!
@snufkin

Well, he seems to have lot of free time to killed, when he's not sending hologram to Hux and Kylo. Typical domestic Snoke
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:39 pm

Sylvia Snow wrote:
snufkin wrote:
@Sylvia Snow

@snufkin

Well, he seems to have lot of free time to killed, when he's not sending hologram to Hux and Kylo. Typical domestic Snoke
@Sylvia Snow

He's already got a on GPS tracker on Ren, like he's his pet or something (I have one on my cat because he likes to wander and he HATES it). And Hux's definitely wearing some pretty bespoke threads. Maybe Snoke does some custom tailoring and uniform making in his free time, in between destroying planetary systems and families.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sylvia Snow Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:49 pm

snufkin wrote:
Sylvia Snow wrote:
snufkin wrote:
@Sylvia Snow

@snufkin

@Sylvia Snow

He's already got a on GPS tracker on Ren, like he's his pet or something (I have one on my cat because he likes to wander and he HATES it). And Hux's definitely wearing some pretty bespoke threads. Maybe Snoke does some custom tailoring and uniform making in his free time, in between destroying planetary systems and families.
@snufkin

Lol, for some reason, I imagine Snoke as a Space Rumpelstiltskin, with Hux as his minion, and together they go and kidnapping the first born of different families

Last edited by Sylvia Snow on Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sylvia Snow
Sylvia Snow
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:50 pm

Kylo Ren wrote:Howbout R for REDACTED? I mean if we are looking it from all possible angles? I don't want that...I want it to be R for Rey...
@Kylo Ren

Stretcher ROFL
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 3:50 pm

@Sylvia Snow - Dark Fairy Tale, you're not off the mark. Especially because child was stolen from a princess.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next