Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+70
Gemini
reylo1992
shii405
CienaRee
RosiePancake
colibri
fuhry
MrsWindu
Piper Maru
AceofWands
Blood Moon
Marie Ren
benorganasolo
MindAndMagic
kroi
tukicarreno
MoonFyre
nite0wl29
Tex
Darth Rowan
Moonjump05
BenRey
krissy01
jakkusun
rey09
Anakin Skywalker
bashfulblueeyes3
Xylo Ren
Mana
DarthRen
Blackcanary
panki
Kessel
Airemyn
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
nemapasara
Reylo Lemon
Night Huntress
Irina de France
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
Helix
Armadeus
Acritiqua
Moonlight13
spacebaby45678
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
MeadowofAshes
Kylo Men
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kyla Ren
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
snufkin
adamdrivershair
SanghaRen
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
Birdwoman
Forsythia
vaderito
EchoBase
74 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:29 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
rey09 wrote:omggg rey looks so bad*** in that first teaser, the music sorta sounds like a warped version of her theme?? idk

I can't reconcile it with her theme, but part of me is hoping this is part of Kylo's theme. The horn instruments are similar, and because we will probably get a full Kylo theme in TLJ.
@Rei of Sunshine

That music actually sounds semi-dark. Also, look at how she ends. Like she is ready to behead somebody. I'm thinking she must be imagining Kylo.
Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:
vaderito wrote:So Kylo's surrounded by Praets, I mean Praets are in the scene so it's Snoke's throne room likely:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Tumblr_inline_oxi5ptcasm1u2bma5_540
@vaderito

it should be THAT fight or training, which we saw in bts video when Adam was training
@Anakin Skywalker

Could also be a "here's your lightsaber, you get one more chance and you better not disappoint me" type of situation...
@Darth Dingbat

Yep. That's what  I thought at first.
@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, I think the deep red will be in the beginning when Kylo is still trying to prove himself being dark
@SkyStar

Definitely. And leaving something for someone on the floor is diminishing and underestimation all around.

Snoke's not happy with Kylo.

@Darth_Awakened

At first I completely agreed with everyone on this, but then I saw the third teaser. That told me that Kylo's crossguard survived .... and if you look at the lightsaber that he is picking up off the red floor, that's not the crossguard. It has no side vents on it. I think that is Anakin's lightsaber. I think he picks it up in the throne room when Rey drops it. This is going to be a major moment for him, IMO.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:41 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
rey09 wrote:omggg rey looks so bad*** in that first teaser, the music sorta sounds like a warped version of her theme?? idk

I can't reconcile it with her theme, but part of me is hoping this is part of Kylo's theme. The horn instruments are similar, and because we will probably get a full Kylo theme in TLJ.
@Rei of Sunshine

That music actually sounds semi-dark. Also, look at how she ends. Like she is ready to behead somebody. I'm thinking she must be imagining Kylo.
Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:
vaderito wrote:So Kylo's surrounded by Praets, I mean Praets are in the scene so it's Snoke's throne room likely:

@vaderito

it should be THAT fight or training, which we saw in bts video when Adam was training
@Anakin Skywalker

Could also be a "here's your lightsaber, you get one more chance and you better not disappoint me" type of situation...
@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

Yeah, I think the deep red will be in the beginning when Kylo is still trying to prove himself being dark
@SkyStar

Definitely. And leaving something for someone on the floor is diminishing and underestimation all around.

@Darth_Awakened

At first I completely agreed with everyone on this, but then I saw the third teaser. That told me that Kylo's crossguard survived .... and if you look at the lightsaber that he is picking up off the red floor, that's not the crossguard. It has no side vents on it. I think that is Anakin's lightsaber. I think he picks it up in the throne room when Rey drops it. This is going to be a major moment for him, IMO.
@SoloSideCousin

I thought that looked like Anakin's saber! Ohh that would be so awesome Very Happy
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:45 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@vaderito

@Anakin Skywalker

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@SkyStar

@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin

Believe me that I thought at first it isn't the crossguard. But, I think it's the angle that confuses us, so I still put my two cents on it.
On the other hand Rey's saber (Anakin's) is way much lighter in color - though again the lighting is obscure, so I can't be dead sure on it.

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:46 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@vaderito

@Anakin Skywalker

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@SkyStar

@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin

I just brightened it up, it is Kylo's crossgaurd saber! Dang it...
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:47 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@vaderito

@Anakin Skywalker

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@SkyStar

@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin

I'm pretty sure his crossguard lightsaber either survived or built a new one, or Snoke gave him one.

I can see vents on this lightsaber he's picking up or do I have illusions? I dunno, damn now I doubt myself.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:47 pm

Darth_Awakened wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

That music actually sounds semi-dark.  Also, look at how she ends. Like she is ready to behead somebody. I'm thinking she must be imagining Kylo.
Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@vaderito

@Anakin Skywalker

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@SkyStar

@Darth_Awakened

At first I completely agreed with everyone on this, but then I saw the third teaser. That told me that Kylo's crossguard survived .... and if you look at the lightsaber that he is picking up off the red floor, that's not the crossguard. It has no side vents on it. I think that is Anakin's lightsaber.  I think he picks it up in the throne room when Rey drops it. This is going to be a major moment for him, IMO.
@SoloSideCousin

Believe me that I thought at first it isn't the crossguard. But, I think it's the angle that confuses us, so I still put my two cents on it.
On the other hand Rey's saber (Anakin's) is way much lighter in color - though again the lighting is obscure, so I can't be dead sure on it.

@Darth_Awakened

You could be right. We need @panki and her expertise to sort this out. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:49 pm

nite0wl29 wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@vaderito

@Anakin Skywalker

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@SkyStar

@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin

I just brightened it up, it is Kylo's crossgaurd saber! Dang it...
@nite0wl29

Thank you for doing that. Then it's definitely a Snoke humiliation moment.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:49 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Starwars-forceawakens-lightsaber-chest

This the best pic I could find of Anakin's saber. It hasn't got the red wires that are visible on the saber Kylo is picking up.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:52 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

That music actually sounds semi-dark.  Also, look at how she ends. Like she is ready to behead somebody. I'm thinking she must be imagining Kylo.
Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@vaderito

@Anakin Skywalker

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@SkyStar

@Darth_Awakened

At first I completely agreed with everyone on this, but then I saw the third teaser. That told me that Kylo's crossguard survived .... and if you look at the lightsaber that he is picking up off the red floor, that's not the crossguard. It has no side vents on it. I think that is Anakin's lightsaber.  I think he picks it up in the throne room when Rey drops it. This is going to be a major moment for him, IMO.
@SoloSideCousin
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Crossg10

@Darth_Awakened
You are right! It is not Anakin's, it is Kylo's.
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:55 pm

Geralt_Riv wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

Darth_Awakened wrote:
SkyStar wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@vaderito

@Anakin Skywalker

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@SkyStar

@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Crossg10
@Geralt_Riv

I see side vents Ninja

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:57 pm

It's definitely Kylo's saber. Look at the bottom rounded part and then the little silver part and red wire looking things at the top.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 9e3b009639535aa71cada2eb11380062
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:58 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Img_0714

Here's the image cropped and brightened. If you zoom in a little more you can see the cross guard
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 08 Oct 2017, 4:59 pm

It's a different hilt and not the legacy saber. Personally, when I saw that clip with the hem of the guard's robe included in the shot, I interpreted that to be from the very beginning of the movie. When he's likely getting chewed out by Snoke about losing to Rey, especially throwing that item in his face because she trashed its flame/power. It'd be part of the hints coming from places like EW about how they'd show his relationship with Snoke as a mentor and trying to prove himself. But it's also a d*ck power move to drop it on the floor and making somebody go over to pick it up. It'd be about taking up the proverbial mantle to go forth and be dark/uncompromising because he's still got to prove himself (Snoke is the boss who continually changes the goal posts). If we're all correct that there'd be a parallel scene near the end with the two of them together in that same setting as "bring her to meeee" and they fight together, that'd be the comparison of how far the character has traveled over the course of the story.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Sun 08 Oct 2017, 5:11 pm

I'm wondering if in that scene if we'll hear Snoke's speech about Kylo being compassionate for Rey. They could've left it out of TFA film because it would've revealed too much too soon. Obviously not everyone reads the film novels.
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sun 08 Oct 2017, 5:14 pm

I still think we might see a short Kylo vs. the Praetorians at the beginning either as training or as a test of his abilities. Maybe they knocked the saber out of his hand.

Maybe soon after this he smashes the helmet...
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 08 Oct 2017, 5:20 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I still think we might see a short Kylo vs. the Praetorians at the beginning either as training or as a test of his abilities. Maybe they knocked the saber out of his hand.

@Cowgirlsamurai

Yeah I've been wondering where the smashed helmet fits in with this scene. Possibly afterwards if he's been humiliated by his boss. There may be some fighting in order to give the audience a taste of both how scary powerful Kylo is as well as how intimidating and powerful the guards are.

@nite0wl29 - We'll find out soon enough if the quote was tabled for TLJ. Or if it was re-written because RJ went over the later drafts with Carrie Fisher and has said she worked with him to refine the dialogue. Or she probably wrote the dialogue for some of the scenes. Depends if that line made the cut or got turned into something else. Especially knowing that RJ had input into the editing of TFA and some scenes were added/removed at his request. There will definitely be a getting yelled at by the boss moment for him and it's can't be a coincidence that RJ gets offered the job based on KK and LJ being fans of his writing. Because the manipulative mentor who's using the male lead is a scenario he's done 2 movies in a row now. There's Diamond Dog in the Brothers Bloom, who trains the brothers to be con men when they're young former foster children. While simultaneously grooming and then sexually abusing Bloom, the Adrian Brody character. And Young Joe in Looper is rescued by Abe, the mob boss, after being abandoned/sold by his mother as a child and trained to be a hit man by him. Both he and one of the antagonists, Kid Blue, are very much under Abe's thumb in trying to win his approval

In both films, these characters prey on lost boy types who are young/immature and very much lost without somebody older/wiser to teach and mentor them. And both characters take full advantage of these younger characters to fulfill their own purposes, be it sexual or criminal. The younger characters invest far more emotion and attachment into the relationship than the mentor does. It's completely predatory. So question is, will this be the scenario with Ben and Snoke? Or even a tiny bit of Ben with Luke?

Last edited by snufkin on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 6:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 08 Oct 2017, 5:21 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I still think we might see a short Kylo vs. the Praetorians at the beginning either as training or as a test of his abilities. Maybe they knocked the saber out of his hand.

@Cowgirlsamurai

I presume, they might want to show us that Praetorian Guards are not to be mess with. That 8 of them can kill even a Force user. They have some crafty weapons capable of fighting lightsabers.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Sun 08 Oct 2017, 7:29 pm

snufkin wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

Yeah I've been wondering where the smashed helmet fits in with this scene. Possibly afterwards if he's been humiliated by his boss. There may be some fighting in order to give the audience a taste of both how scary powerful Kylo is as well as how intimidating and powerful the guards are.

@nite0wl29 - We'll find out soon enough if the quote was tabled for TLJ. Or if it was re-written because RJ went over the later drafts with Carrie Fisher and has said she worked with him to refine the dialogue. Or she probably wrote the dialogue for some of the scenes. Depends if that line made the cut or got turned into something else. Especially knowing that RJ had input into the editing of TFA and some scenes were added/removed at his request. There will definitely be a getting yelled at by the boss moment for him and it's can't be a coincidence that RJ gets offered the job based on KK and LJ being fans of his writing. Because the manipulative mentor who's using the male lead is a scenario he's done 2 movies in a row now. There's Diamond Dog in the Brothers Bloom, who trains the brothers to be con men when they're young former foster children. While simultaneously grooming and then sexually abusing Bloom, the Adrian Brody character. And Young Joe in Looper is rescued by Abe, the mob boss, after being abandoned/sold by his mother as a child and trained to be a hit man by him. Both he and one of the antagonists, Kid Blue, are very much under Abe's thumb in trying to win his approval

In both films, these characters prey on lost boy types who are young/immature and very much lost without somebody older/wiser to teach and mentor them. And both characters take full advantage of these younger characters to fulfill their own purposes, be it sexual or criminal. The younger characters invest far more emotion and attachment into the relationship than the mentor does. It's completely predatory. So question is, will this be the scenario with Ben and Snoke? Or even a tiny bit of Ben with Luke?
@snufkin

I watched Looper the other day for the first time and I definitely got a sense of Kylo in young Joe but I also saw a lot of Kylo in Cid. Angry, lonely boy who has powers that no one understands? Fits to a tee.
Spoiler:
Whcih makes it even more apparent that the deeper Rian goes into a character, the more human they become. You have your standard villainous characters like Abe and Snoke who Rian doesn't feel compelled to expand on because they're there to move the plot. That's their only purpose. Then you have characters like Joe/Cid and Rey/Kylo who get put through the emotional ringer and come out of it (hopefully) for the better.

nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:05 pm

Wait, so I leave for a day and Gangsta Rap Guy turns out to be right, more or less, about the teasers?

Holy Crap.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:09 pm

Some negative reactions to this trilogy being an epic journey of Rey and KYLO REN.

Same person who found Kylo unreletable and arguing with Rian.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 SPjLET4

Even better.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 20 Nr2bkY2
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:10 pm

Kylo Men wrote:Wait, so I leave for a day and Gangsta Rap Guy turns out to be right, more or less, about the teasers?

Holy Crap.
@Kylo Men

Gangsta Rap Guy was right.

EDITED

Last edited by DarthRen on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:11 pm

Kylo Men wrote:Wait, so I leave for a day and Gangsta Rap Guy turns out to be right, more or less, about the teasers?

Holy Crap.
@Kylo Men

Somewhat. Although it didn't go down the way he said, so we have no way of knowing whether it was a lucky (educated?) guess on his part, or whether he actually knew something and the plan changed slightly.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:13 pm

DarthRen wrote:

Holy Crap.
@Kylo Men

n****itwastimefoanu1 was right too.

I have a mess of it but Gangsta Rap Guy said something positive on Reylo or negative?
@DarthRen

Mod Note: n*------- poster is the same poster as Gangsta Rap Guy. The "n----" term in his username is an offensive term in English, so we're asking people to call him by his nickname, rather than typing out that username.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:15 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

Holy Crap.
@Kylo Men

n****itwastimefoanu1 was right too.

I have a mess of it but Gangsta Rap Guy said something positive on Reylo or negative?
@DarthRen

Mod Note: n*------- poster is the same poster as Gangsta Rap Guy. The "n----" term in his username is an offensive term in English, so we're asking people to call him by his nickname, rather than typing out that username.
@ISeeAnIsland

Understood. Dude could've choosen a less vulgar name on reddit to begin with. Didn't know this is the same person.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:21 pm

DarthRen wrote:

Holy Crap.
@Kylo Men

n***itwastimefoanu1 was right too.

@DarthRen

GRG is most important, in my book, because of what he said about a different poster who claimed to have seen the film. He claimed to have confirmed a few of the things that the other poster had asserted. Namely:

1) Rey's parents are FO people who hid her from the FO after she started showing Force ability and were executed for it.
2) That Finn wins a large sum at the casino in Canto Bight (sp.?).

If GRG in fact confirmed the veracity of these assertions with whatever source he has, then that increases the likelihood that the Original Poster, the one who claims to have seen the film, did in fact see the film. That guy, among many things, claimed:
1) Epic Kylo Ren monologue at the end with Rey in his arms.
2) Rey and Ren fight and kiss.  

Very Reylo. A leak so Reylo friendly that I started to hum "You Can't Always Get What You Want" when thinking about it, b/c, come on, there's no way that it really would have so much Reylo goodness.

But maybe it does.

Last edited by Kylo Men on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next