Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+70
Gemini
reylo1992
shii405
CienaRee
RosiePancake
colibri
fuhry
MrsWindu
Piper Maru
AceofWands
Blood Moon
Marie Ren
benorganasolo
MindAndMagic
kroi
tukicarreno
MoonFyre
nite0wl29
Tex
Darth Rowan
Moonjump05
BenRey
krissy01
jakkusun
rey09
Anakin Skywalker
bashfulblueeyes3
Xylo Ren
Mana
DarthRen
Blackcanary
panki
Kessel
Airemyn
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
nemapasara
Reylo Lemon
Night Huntress
Irina de France
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
Helix
Armadeus
Acritiqua
Moonlight13
spacebaby45678
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
MeadowofAshes
Kylo Men
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kyla Ren
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
snufkin
adamdrivershair
SanghaRen
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
Birdwoman
Forsythia
vaderito
EchoBase
74 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Rei of Sunshine Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:00 am

Xylo Ren wrote:Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Tumblr_oxjfynCrBz1t1ofclo1_540

We gettin' da flashbacks.
@Xylo Ren

HAAAAAAAAAH!!! We gonna see Ben with BRAIIIDS
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:09 am

@RandomObserver

If I had to guess on a kiss situation .... I would guess that Kylo will lay one on her right before they fight the Praetorians near the ending, if that indeed happens, in a sort of "It's now or never" way. Any time before that is probably not climactic enough. After the final battle would be on the cheesy side.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:16 am

I can see Kylo's monologue given what is going in the world, sort of message but kiss is probably a bit pushing it. Episode IX would probably be more appropriate if they spend some time together. If they leave at the end of TLJ or Rey tries to find him as one of the leakers have said. There could be time jump of few months or few years.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:20 am

It's glorious day - even Pablo's tweets sound great! lol!
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:20 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Tumblr_oxjfynCrBz1t1ofclo1_540

We gettin' da flashbacks.
@Xylo Ren

HAAAAAAAAAH!!! We gonna see Ben with BRAIIIDS
@Rei of Sunshine

!!! Padawan Ben is on my wishlist I love you I love you I love you
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:31 am

OMG, guys, you must watch this! So brilliant:

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:32 am

DarthRen wrote:I can see Kylo's monologue given what is going in the world, sort of message but kiss is probably a bit pushing it. Episode IX would probably be more appropriate if they spend some time together. If they leave at the end of TLJ or Rey tries to find him as one of the leakers have said. There could be time jump of few months or few years.
@DarthRen

I thought about time gap, they didn't use it between 7 & 8 but probably will be until 9, so I hope kiss or something like "beginning" will be in movies (8 or 9), not implied time gap, I hate when something most interesting is implied in between scenes or time gap in movies. hope they wont do that

please someone tall me what that tweet was about, question "random?"... do you have link for original post/question?
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:33 am

vaderito wrote:OMG, guys, you must watch this! So brilliant:

@vaderito

"the dudebro phenomenon" @IoJovi lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:34 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:

@Maria Antonietta

hey, this guy is one of the smartest Reylos and posters on Reddit and the video is fantastic, really well-researched and thought out.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:35 am

vaderito wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

@Maria Antonietta

hey, this guy is one of the smartest Reylos and posters on Reddit and the video is fantastic, really well-researched and thought out.

@vaderito

c'mon, I was joking...
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:48 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:

c'mon, I was joking...
@Maria Antonietta

It's OK. Very Happy
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:53 am

Never thought about Bog King and Snoke. Surprised

Really well done video touching on the essence of Star Wars movies love, compassion and redemption.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:54 am

Mana wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:I think there is a genuine issue with a lot of the handling of Finn that deserves attention - the lightsaber bait-and-switch, the lack of merchandise, Disney bowing to the lack of tolerance in certain markets and pandering in their marketing - but a lot of people, in raising these issues, seem to have made it a Kylo v Finn situation which IMO probably cheapens their argument by making it look like a silly ship thing.

@Blackcanary

EXACTLY.
These people can't even make a convincing argument about the handling of Finn's character because they've just turned it into a 'Finn vs. Kylo' battle that no one's going to take seriously. It's plain enough that these two male characters serve completely different purposes in the story and can co exist as main characters without one's arc undermining the other's and no one said Finn was less important than Kylo.
There are real issues that need to be adressed like that recent FoD epsiode and the marketing for TFA etc. that used Finn as a bait and switch.
This has nothing to do with Kylo.
@Mana

They would have been taken seriously if they made an argument about Finn/marketing. But all they do is unsuccessfully try to hide a pure shipper war behind social activist phrases and nobody is fooled. It's Finn vs Kylo that gives them away. They don't sound like giving a valid argument but like they are jealous of Rey and Kylo connection which they 100% are. And nobody cares about that, so they bring up social activism which isn't sincere and that takes away their sympathy votes even more.

I would respect them if they threw an open shipper war tantrum but this activist crap that they only use to give their shipper warmongering some credibility puts me off like everything that's fake. Also, as you all pointed out already, it cheapens the actual problem that exists but that's what happens when people who tackle it do it for wrong reasons (to boost shipper warmongering).
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:01 am

vaderito wrote:OMG, guys, you must watch this! So brilliant:

@vaderito

Yaaassss! Very Happy
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Mon 09 Oct 2017, 7:47 am

vaderito wrote:
Mana wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:I think there is a genuine issue with a lot of the handling of Finn that deserves attention - the lightsaber bait-and-switch, the lack of merchandise, Disney bowing to the lack of tolerance in certain markets and pandering in their marketing - but a lot of people, in raising these issues, seem to have made it a Kylo v Finn situation which IMO probably cheapens their argument by making it look like a silly ship thing.

@Blackcanary

EXACTLY.

There are real issues that need to be adressed like that recent FoD epsiode and the marketing for TFA etc. that used Finn as a bait and switch.
This has nothing to do with Kylo.
@Mana
They would have been taken seriously if they made an argument about Finn/marketing.
@vaderito

I actually really wish someone addressed these issues. They bother me a lot. Finn false jedi marketing campaign for TFA was despicable in my opinion. Despicable and horrible. Can't these people ask Disney for an apology?

But what I'll say is that my experience, when I voiced those concerns, (and I voiced them directly to people who identified with Finn, in other discussion boards), was that they had trouble accepting that they had been fooled. The gist of the response was "don't worry, Finn will be allright. Just wait and see; he will become a jedi." Stuff like that.

I don't find it funny. Delusional Reywalkers are absolutely hilarious. People being delusional about representation is sad and heart wrenching. I don't know what to say. I just wish some of them spent 10% of the energy they spend against Kylo in actually voicing valid concerns. I also wish they hadn't attacked Reylo supporters, because as far as I know, most of us have similar concerns.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:05 am

AceofWands wrote:

I actually really wish someone addressed these issues. They bother me a lot. Finn false jedi marketing campaign for TFA was despicable in my opinion. Despicable and horrible. Can't these people ask Disney for an apology?

But what I'll say is that my experience, when I voiced those concerns, (and I voiced them directly to people who identified with Finn, in other discussion boards), was that they had trouble accepting that they had been fooled. The gist of the response was "don't worry, Finn will be allright. Just wait and see; he will become a jedi." Stuff like that.

I don't find it funny. Delusional Reywalkers are absolutely hilarious. People being delusional about representation is sad and heart wrenching. I don't know what to say. I just wish some of them spent 10% of the energy they spend against Kylo in actually voicing valid concerns. I also wish they hadn't attacked Reylo supporters, because as far as I know, most of us have similar concerns.
@AceofWands

You can't do anything about delusion cause people choose to be delusional and reject any evidence to the contrary. Delusion is a choice. Big part of Finn delusion stems from Reywalker because those fans convinced themselves that Reywalker makes Kylo obsolete and therefore Finn has to be the co-lead by default. OTOH, marketing is now clearly treating Kylo as THE Skywalker because - shock of shocks - he is. And since they repeated 10000 times that ST is the continuation of the Skywalker family saga, why is it so surprising that Ben (Skywalker) Solo is one of the protagonists? It's a common sense.

Moreover lets talk about diversity for a moment. ST has always been envisioned as Girl Power. It has never been envisioned as PoC Power. Casting PoC actors was not made to send a specific in-universe message cause those characters weren't designed like that. They were simply male characters, not Specific PoC Power. OTOH, Rey was de facto made with Girl Power in mind and that she is a girl is the whole point. If she was a WoC, the movie would still be only Girl Power not PoC Power. The girl is a Jedi. That's the essence of ST. Yet some fans imagined that there was PoC Power element because of casting and now cannot accept the fact that it isn't so, that Finn with the lightsaber wasn't a specific political message while Rey with the lightsaber was.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Mon 09 Oct 2017, 8:37 am

vaderito wrote:
AceofWands wrote:

@AceofWands

You can't do anything about delusion cause people choose to be delusional and reject any evidence to the contrary. Delusion is a choice. Big part of Finn delusion stems from Reywalker because those fans convinced themselves that Reywalker makes Kylo obsolete and therefore Finn has to be the co-lead by default. OTOH, marketing is now clearly treating Kylo as THE Skywalker because - shock of shocks - he is. And since they repeated 10000 times that ST is the continuation of the Skywalker family saga, why is it so surprising that Ben (Skywalker) Solo is one of the protagonists? It's a common sense.

Moreover lets talk about diversity for a moment. ST has always been envisioned as Girl Power. It has never been envisioned as PoC Power. Casting PoC actors was not made to send a specific in-universe message cause those characters weren't designed like that. They were simply male characters, not Specific PoC Power. OTOH, Rey was de facto made with Girl Power in mind and that she is a girl is the whole point. If she was a WoC, the movie would still be only Girl Power not PoC Power. The girl is a Jedi. That's the essence of ST. Yet some fans imagined that there was PoC Power element because of casting and now cannot accept the fact that it isn't so, that Finn with the lightsaber wasn't a specific political message while Rey with the lightsaber was.
@vaderito

But there doesn't have to be a concerted focus on presenting them a powerful character of colour for them to need to realise that, in making one of their leads a minority actor, it DOES change how people will perceive or relate to said character, and how the writing (and marketing) for that character will be under greater scrutiny.

Thus far, their treatment of Finn has shown a pretty startling lack of awareness and sensitivity. I can see why people are genuinely angry and feel misled.

Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 09 Oct 2017, 9:00 am

Blackcanary wrote:  
But there doesn't have to be a concerted focus on presenting them a powerful character of colour for them to need to realise that, in making one of their leads a minority actor, it DOES change how people will perceive or relate to said character, and how the writing (and marketing) for that character will be under greater scrutiny.

Thus far, their treatment of Finn has shown a pretty startling lack of awareness and sensitivity. I can see why people are genuinely angry and feel misled.

@Blackcanary

yes, the focus was too much on Girl Power so all men were seen as men without thinking that there may be a difference in perception because some weren't white. That also tells you right there why it's much easier for studios to cast white actors. They are neutral and don't come with a long and often contradictory list of what's acceptable, offensive, etc. In short, they don't get scrutinized and studio isn't bashed where they expect applause for making an effort (yes, studios are vain, self-congratulatory bastards).

Point is, they wanted to make a Girl Power story and it worked to critical acclaim and 2B boxoffice. People loved the twist that Rey(girl) is a hero, not the boy. Therefore you won't see LF ever apologize for TFA marketing bait and switch. It worked. It was a rousing success. Rey is a breakout character. LF didn't do it in bad fate (race baiting) and they know very well that things blow over faster when you ignore them. Number of the disgruntled is disproportionately smaller than the number of the delighted with the twist. So that's that.

However, it seems to me that LF is more careful this time around so they are not making promises and they are definitely discouraging certain lines of thought. For example, they have been nipping Finnrey in the bud since TFA came out so if someone didn't get the memo that's their problem. LF has done a lot to disassociate those characters even as a duo ("Rey and Luke are the beating heart of the movie" "Finn and Rose adventure gives birth to new things" "Rey and Kylo are two halves of our protagonist") so any misinterpretation isn't on them.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 09 Oct 2017, 9:19 am

vaderito wrote:
Maria Antonietta wrote:

c'mon, I was joking...
@Maria Antonietta

It's OK. Very Happy
@vaderito

I can't believe it came from a cantina guy. seriously.
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 09 Oct 2017, 9:25 am

Maria Antonietta wrote:
I can't believe it came from a cantina guy. seriously.
@Maria Antonietta

That's great cause it shows that they are not one-minded but that they are open to different ideas. There were attempts to gaslight Reylo all over the Internet and it didn't work cause the theory's too strong and evidence keeps amounting. At some point one either start moving on with times and opening up or get stuck in Stone Ages forever. The latter isn't an option when you are running a popular site.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Mon 09 Oct 2017, 9:41 am

Guys I'm hyperventilating over here. I feel like were right on the edge some serious stuff going down, especially in regards to Reylo. I know I said I was ready, but I'm like OMG am I ready for this???  Shocked  Also Ben with a braid might just kill me through sheer cuteness.

lol!
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Mon 09 Oct 2017, 9:48 am

Never thought I wanted Ben with braids so much as I want him at this point. Throw some scene with Han on MF for good measures.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Mon 09 Oct 2017, 10:06 am

@ISeeAnIsland

Bump cause I'm still speechless over this.

Brace yourselves.

A Reylo kiss is coming.

Not in the trailer. In the movie, of course. But I think the marketing has been steering the audience in the right direction, and well, this is not subtle at all.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Mon 09 Oct 2017, 10:13 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Screen10
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight