Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+70
Gemini
reylo1992
shii405
CienaRee
RosiePancake
colibri
fuhry
MrsWindu
Piper Maru
AceofWands
Blood Moon
Marie Ren
benorganasolo
MindAndMagic
kroi
tukicarreno
MoonFyre
nite0wl29
Tex
Darth Rowan
Moonjump05
BenRey
krissy01
jakkusun
rey09
Anakin Skywalker
bashfulblueeyes3
Xylo Ren
Mana
DarthRen
Blackcanary
panki
Kessel
Airemyn
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
nemapasara
Reylo Lemon
Night Huntress
Irina de France
IoJovi
Rimfaxe96
FrolickingFizzgig
Helix
Armadeus
Acritiqua
Moonlight13
spacebaby45678
Lily Snape
Rei of Sunshine
MeadowofAshes
Kylo Men
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
SoloSideCousin
Kyla Ren
Saracene
Cowgirlsamurai
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
snufkin
adamdrivershair
SanghaRen
motherofpearl1
Darth Dingbat
Birdwoman
Forsythia
vaderito
EchoBase
74 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SanghaRen Thu 19 Oct 2017, 5:12 pm

Irina de France wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SanghaRen wrote:I never know where to put online articles.

The first one is about Kylo’s inner journey. I don’t like the title, but the article itself is not bad. It’s always nice to see that other people actually pay attention to Kylo’s conflict.

http://screenrant.com/kylo-ren-save-leia-not-kill-her/

And another one that explains why Lucasfilm would not lie about Rey and Kylo joining forces in the trailer which repeats what many of us say here, but again nice to read it in an online magazine - and written in a convincing way and not as the latest theory of some attention seeker.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-trailer-rey-kylo-ren-join/
@SanghaRen

SR has a bit of an inner conflict within their team maybe, because they previously had some not so Reylo friendly views. Different writers, different opinions. But I suppose it's to keep an open mind to all possibilities.

It's great that they aren't denying the possibilities of Reylo too, and their articles are becoming more timely now thanks to the trailer.

I'll be keeping an eye on SR after TLJ, maybe they'll have some really nice movie analysis and reviews.
@Rei of Sunshine

It could also be a case of closeted Reylos... like, you wouldn't believe the number of people from the Phantom of the Opera fandom (because, not to brag, but I was a medium-biggish POTO blog back in the days) who came out after the trailer and said: "Welp, I ship Reylo, I'm not afraid of saying it anymore, deal with it."
@Irina de France

Well, I’d say that seeing that Kylo is not a clear cut villain but a very conflicted one and that his relationship with Rey will not follow the typical antagonist/hero trajectory does not make someone a shipper per se. Just someone who can read the movie. Speaking of experience Smile So could be, but could be not.

Also it’s different journalists writing the articles so the views are not going to be the same from one article to the other, unless the magazine is run by an arbitrary management that imposes their personal views on their employees.

Yeah, I do keep SR in my list of “can be interesting to read’ as opposed to other known names out there that feed constant, well, crap.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 19 Oct 2017, 5:25 pm

Irina de France wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

The first one is about Kylo’s inner journey. I don’t like the title, but the article itself is not bad. It’s always nice to see that other people actually pay attention to Kylo’s conflict.

And another one that explains why Lucasfilm would not lie about Rey and Kylo joining forces in the trailer which repeats what many of us say here, but again nice to read it in an online magazine - and written in a convincing way and not as the latest theory of some attention seeker.

@SanghaRen

SR has a bit of an inner conflict within their team maybe, because they previously had some not so Reylo friendly views. Different writers, different opinions. But I suppose it's to keep an open mind to all possibilities.

It's great that they aren't denying the possibilities of Reylo too, and their articles are becoming more timely now thanks to the trailer.

I'll be keeping an eye on SR after TLJ, maybe they'll have some really nice movie analysis and reviews.
@Rei of Sunshine

It could also be a case of closeted Reylos... like, you wouldn't believe the number of people from the Phantom of the Opera fandom (because, not to brag, but I was a medium-biggish POTO blog back in the days) who came out after the trailer and said: "Welp, I ship Reylo, I'm not afraid of saying it anymore, deal with it."
@Irina de France

It's really sad that they felt they had to be afraid to ship it. I hope TLJ erases that kind of fear for us fans.

This is fiction. Nobody needs to be told what they want or should enjoy.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 19 Oct 2017, 6:36 pm

Irina de France wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@SanghaRen

@Rei of Sunshine

@Irina de France

I could *totally* see that. When we were at SWC, people would come up to @iojovi and me because we had Reyloesque shirts and whisper how they loved the idea of Reylo, but were afraid to say anything. Now LF has given them permission.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 19 Oct 2017, 6:41 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Irina de France wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@SanghaRen

@Rei of Sunshine

@Irina de France

I could *totally* see that. When we were at SWC, people would come up to @iojovi and me because we had Reyloesque shirts and whisper how they loved the idea of Reylo, but were afraid to say anything. Now LF has given them permission.
@SoloSideCousin

Oh gosh, this was a recurring theme!! We got so many whispered compliments on our shirts it wasn’t funny. @SoloSideCousin did receive one dirty look, to which we promptly gave each other a high five. Her shirt DID have Rey and Kylo embracing in an almost kiss and it was pretty blatant. Which btw, I still need that shirt for myself...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 19 Oct 2017, 7:07 pm

nite0wl29 wrote:I found this floating around on Tumblr; apparently Lor San Tekka found an artifact that was created by both sides of the force together. Could this be why Kylo wanted to find Luke? Or why him and Rey are 2 halves of something??

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 38 Img_0810
@nite0wl29

@ISeeAnIsland is going to LOVE this!!! ❤️
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 19 Oct 2017, 8:33 pm

IoJovi wrote:
nite0wl29 wrote:I found this floating around on Tumblr; apparently Lor San Tekka found an artifact that was created by both sides of the force together. Could this be why Kylo wanted to find Luke? Or why him and Rey are 2 halves of something??

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

Is it some sort of holocron?

We probably wont see it in the movies, but the idea that there are artefacts that require both sides of the force is a great development!

Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 19 Oct 2017, 8:35 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

We probably wont see it in the movies, but the idea that there are artefacts that require both sides of the force is a great development!

@Rei of Sunshine

I actually think we might see it in the movies. The comics are obscure enough that most of the GA will have no clue, but they reward hardcore fans with significant information bits.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 19 Oct 2017, 8:39 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

@Rei of Sunshine

I actually think we might see it in the movies. The comics are obscure enough that most of the GA will have no clue, but they reward hardcore fans with significant information bits.
@SoloSideCousin

Possible, with TLJ just around the corner. I wonder how important it'll be. But I'm more interested in how Kylo and Rey will come by it. And what it'll show them.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 19 Oct 2017, 8:56 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

@Rei of Sunshine

@SoloSideCousin

Possible, with TLJ just around the corner. I wonder how important it'll be. But I'm more interested in how Kylo and Rey will come by it. And what it'll show them.
@Rei of Sunshine

Definitely. Talk about a joint experience! It could make force sex look like a little kiss, lol. Twisted Evil
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:01 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

@Rei of Sunshine

@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

Definitely. Talk about a joint experience! It could make force sex look like a little kiss, lol. Twisted Evil
@SoloSideCousin

I know it's been reiterated time and again, but this is why romantic Reylo is end game.

If they were meant to meet each other to solve the greater mysteries of the galaxy and the Force, they'll always be together. Breaking them apart might cause an imbalance again. The Force basically married them.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:04 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

@Rei of Sunshine

@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

@SoloSideCousin

I know it's been reiterated time and again, but this is why romantic Reylo is end game.

If they were meant to meet each other to solve the greater mysteries of the galaxy and the Force, they'll always be together. Breaking them apart might cause an imbalance again. The Force basically married them.
@Rei of Sunshine

YES! Like we said in the podcast, the "you need a teacher" was the marriage proposal! And the cliffside the force consummation. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:09 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

@Rei of Sunshine

@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

Serious as a heart attack, I would throw my own personal Mardi Gras if that were actually the case! I think one interesting parallel being explored in TLJ is that, where Kylo was cocky and arrogant in TFA, acting like he was doing Rey a favor by offering to teach her, he seems to be humble and in awe this time, which I think is going to make all the difference. Taking his hand is not something she's forced or coerced to do, it's her choice. But I do believe their bond/connection/whatever it is does cement their importance to each other, and it's the reason why I think he's her love interest throughout the trilogy. Because as wonderful as Finn is, she could never have a bond that deep or have someone who knows her so completely with anyone but Kylo. One thing I like is that he was tender about her past when he discovered how lonely she is. He does have compassion, and he's not completely lost. It's going to be a journey to see his progression in TLJ. Is it December yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:15 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

@Rei of Sunshine

I actually think we might see it in the movies.  The comics are obscure enough that most of the GA will have no clue, but they reward hardcore fans with significant information bits.
@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

Definitely.  Talk about a joint experience! It could make force sex look like a little kiss, lol. Twisted Evil
@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

Serious as a heart attack, I would throw my own personal Mardi Gras if that were actually the case! I think one interesting parallel being explored in TLJ is that, where Kylo was cocky and arrogant in TFA, acting like he was doing Rey a favor by offering to teach her, he seems to be humble and in awe this time, which I think is going to make all the difference. Taking his hand is not something she's forced or coerced to do, it's her choice. But I do believe their bond/connection/whatever it is does cement their importance to each other, and it's the reason why I think he's her love interest throughout the trilogy. Because as wonderful as Finn is, she could never have a bond that deep or have someone who knows her so completely with anyone but Kylo. One thing I like is that he was tender about her past when he discovered how lonely she is. He does have compassion, and he's not completely lost. It's going to be a journey to see his progression in TLJ. Is it December yet?
@RandomObserver

He actually was the only one who seemed to "get" why she stayed on Jakku, while Finn and Han referred to it as a "junkyard."
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:18 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

@Rei of Sunshine

I actually think we might see it in the movies.  The comics are obscure enough that most of the GA will have no clue, but they reward hardcore fans with significant information bits.
@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

Definitely.  Talk about a joint experience! It could make force sex look like a little kiss, lol. Twisted Evil
@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

@RandomObserver

He actually was the only one who seemed to "get" why she stayed on Jakku, while Finn and Han referred to it as a "junkyard."
@SoloSideCousin

Exactly. His expressions when he said, "you're so lonely. So afraid to leave. At night, desperate to sleep..." and then that little smile, "you imagine an ocean." He totally ditched the map and wandered around her brain, because he liked what he saw. Was it a little out of line? Yeah, but he didn't hurt her. And he was incredibly gentle about the whole thing. Of all the takes they did of that scene, they specifically chose the ones where he appeared romantic and interested in her. It amazes me how many people are blinded to it. He might be the "bad boyfriend" right now, but he gets her, and I do believe he'll end up moving mountains for her in the future. After all the fighting and angst, of course. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:33 pm

JJ did say that the interrogation scene has major reprecussions in the next movies.

Antis take that to mean that Rey and Kylo will just keep hating each other.

The interrogation scene was basically their engagement! They were figuratively betrothed by then!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:33 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@nite0wl29

@IoJovi

@Rei of Sunshine

@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

@SoloSideCousin

@Rei of Sunshine

@RandomObserver

@SoloSideCousin

Exactly. His expressions when he said, "you're so lonely. So afraid to leave. At night, desperate to sleep..." and then that little smile, "you imagine an ocean." He totally ditched the map and wandered around her brain, because he liked what he saw. Was it a little out of line? Yeah, but he didn't hurt her. And he was incredibly gentle about the whole thing. Of all the takes they did of that scene, they specifically chose the ones where he appeared romantic and interested in her. It amazes me how many people are blinded to it. He might be the "bad boyfriend" right now, but he gets her, and I do believe he'll end up moving mountains for her in the future. After all the fighting and angst, of course. Wink
@RandomObserver

YES!!!!!! All of that.  He is utterly impressed with her in that scene.  He is upset at how bad she lives.  He is astounded by how she keeps herself going with imaginings of islands.  And yes, he will move heaven and earth for her, and take all manner of sith from her, lol.  That look when she caught the lightsaber was like "OMG! You're the most amazing creature I have ever seen! I don't care that you just took my lightsaber.  Will you marry me?!" Very Happy

Adam Driver was freaking gold with those facial expressions.  I don't know how all these people don't see that.

P.S. Solo and Skywalker men have personal boundary issues. Kylo just didn't know any better, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:35 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:JJ did say that the interrogation scene has major reprecussions in the next movies.

The interrogation scene was basically their engagement! They were figuratively betrothed by then!
@Rei of Sunshine

Exactly! How much more intimate can you get than going into someone's mind?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:36 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:JJ did say that the interrogation scene has major reprecussions in the next movies.

@Rei of Sunshine

It would be quite interesting if they were somehow married, though as a feminist I'm not 100% on poor Rey being forced into something (no pun intended). Repercussions probably mean they'll be in each other's head. Didn't JJ direct the first X-Men where Rogue took on Logan's more "charming'" personality traits for a while after she healed herself by touching him? It'd be a really interesting take on it. I have no disillusions that Rey hates Kylo's guts right now, with good reason. But they won't spend the next two movies with them not going anywhere. A change is coming in 8, and I'm all for it. An unintentional marriage would be really interesting to explore, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:49 pm

RandomObserver wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

It would be quite interesting if they were somehow married, though as a feminist I'm not 100% on poor Rey being forced into something (no pun intended). Repercussions probably mean they'll be in each other's head. Didn't JJ direct the first X-Men where Rogue took on Logan's more "charming'" personality traits for a while after she healed herself by touching him? It'd be a really interesting take on it. I have no disillusions that Rey hates Kylo's guts right now, with good reason. But they won't spend the next two movies with them not going anywhere. A change is coming in 8, and I'm all for it. An unintentional marriage would be really interesting to explore, though.
@RandomObserver

Well the 'marriage' part would be something like subtext. They both didn't have a choice in it too. But now that they're bound together, what do they do about it?
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:51 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@RandomObserver

Well the 'marriage' part would be something like subtext. They both didn't have a choice in it too. But now that they're bound together, what do they do about it?
@Rei of Sunshine

Especially with her being frustrated and disappointed with Luke. If Kylo's an opportunist and smart, he'll jump on it. We shall see... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:55 pm

@Rei of Sunshine Anyone have the direct quote of JJ saying this?  I'm compiling a database for myself XD wanted to use it lol 

A force bond is the only way Kylo will find Rey on Ach-to. There's no other explanation! Think about it, Leia can't even figure out where Luke is and they've known each other for years. Meanwhile...these two have barely known each other and yet they are bound stronger than any other!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:08 pm

rey09 wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine Anyone have the direct quote of JJ saying this?  I'm compiling a database for myself XD wanted to use it lol 

A force bond is the only way Kylo will find Rey on Ach-to. There's no other explanation! Think about it, Leia can't even figure out where Luke is and they've known each other for years. Meanwhile...these two have barely known each other and yet they are bound stronger than any other!!
@rey09

i'm not so sure if it's in an earlier interview, a leaked rumor, or the commentary. I'll try to find it.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by rey09 Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:38 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
rey09 wrote:

@rey09

i'm not so sure if it's in an earlier interview, a leaked rumor, or the commentary. I'll try to find it.
@Rei of Sunshine kk thanks!!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:16 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
rey09 wrote:

@rey09

@Rei of Sunshine

I'm pretty sure it was an old MSW spoiler...I think it was from around June 2015.

I believe that it was later clarified (after TFA was released) that the thing that would have major "ramifications" would be something that Rey saw in Kylo's head during the interrogation scene.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next