Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread

+12
Darth Rowan
MeadowofAshes
adamdrivershair
IoJovi
Anakin Skywalker
ISeeAnIsland
bashfulblueeyes3
SoloSideCousin
Piper Maru
vaderito
snufkin
Kylo Men
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread Empty The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread

Post by Kylo Men Thu 21 Sep 2017, 7:21 pm

The rumor about Kylo Ren delivering a "monologue for the ages" keeps popping up on Reddit/4Chan "leaks." It's time we celebrate it before the light of day possibly melts it.

Or will it?

Personally, I might rather have this than Reylo. But ....

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread Empty Re: The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread

Post by snufkin Thu 21 Sep 2017, 7:35 pm

We might get it. Alexandra "Emo Kylo Ren" Petri of the Washington Post told Tor.com on their podcast that the "I can show you the ways of the Force" moment is when the lightbulb went on over her head about how "I know this guy because he's cornered me at parties." Which is during the finale of the movie, long after he's forced Rey to listen to his villain nerd monologue about how smart he is. Dude totally chased her out to the parking lot after the party because she was leaving with another guy instead of sticking around to give a fair listen to the mixtape he made for her.

And don't forget that this the son of the guy whose story was always going to be "did I ever tell you about that time I did the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs." So I'd guess we're getting some kind of monologue from him.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread Empty Re: The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread

Post by Guest Thu 21 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

I could see a kind of 'us against the galaxy' kind of speech from Kylo to Rey. It fits with the talk of the stages of adolescence and the two of them standing together, possibly against Luke and Snoke. To me, this is more reminiscent of Anakin trying to sweet talk Padme into ruling the galaxy together rather than Han putting the moves on Leia. Kylo is more earnest and dramatic like his grandfather.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 21 Sep 2017, 8:13 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Thu 21 Sep 2017, 8:46 pm

I'm genuinely laughing out loud. This is the best thread ever.

Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 21 Sep 2017, 8:53 pm

I know that these leaks are probably useless, but after reading about this monologue in several places (including in a much older leak than what we have gotten recently), I really want this freaking monologue!!!! I want Reylo more, but dammit Adam would kick a** and take names with something like that. He'd get to call on his theatrical training. He'd get use those uniquely Driverian inflection moments and surprising line delivery choices.  It would be freaking epic. I like that "leak" so much I'll probably be annoyed if he doesn't get some kind of big verbal moment, lol. The choice of that Stones song is very apt. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Thu 21 Sep 2017, 9:02 pm

Why can't we have both. I cannot get that possibly false leak out of my head about Kylo holding Rey while giving his monologue.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 21 Sep 2017, 9:07 pm

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:Why can't we have both. I cannot get that possibly false leak out of my head about Kylo holding Rey while giving his monologue.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I know!!! It's like something out a classic old movie! Like freaking Henry Fonda in The Grapes of Wrath if Tom Joad had a strong love side-by-side with him, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 21 Sep 2017, 9:40 pm

@SoloSideCousin, maybe the Eugene O'Neil and Louise Bryant face off in Reds?

I would absolutely lose my mind in the theater if Kathleen Kennedy's love for David Lean means that Rey and Kylo have a "I saw a piece of your manhood back there on Jakku...Your point, their village" type of face off. Which monologue for the ages or not, we're guaranteed another tete-a-tete where those two get into it verbally (maybe followed by the exploding hut)

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 21 Sep 2017, 10:52 pm

Kylo Men wrote:

Personally, I might rather have this than Reylo. But ....

@Kylo Men

"No. Immediate disqualification because of its involvement with The Big Chill."
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:40 am

I want that monologue as much as I believe all of you here Smile
I think it would be great for movie and for Kylo's character and very proper use of Adam's acting skills!

But...
I don't think this "leaks" are worth to trust. the fact that it was in several of them means they copied it from another.
and the fact that they mentioned Trump means (for me) that it is popular subject today and they used it. if it was real wouldn't someone mention anything specific from that speech?
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:55 am

Anakin Skywalker wrote:I want that monologue as much as I believe all of you here Smile
I think it would be great for movie and for Kylo's character and very proper use of Adam's acting skills!

But...
I don't think this "leaks" are worth to trust. the fact that it was in several of them means they copied it from another.
and the fact that they mentioned Trump means (for me) that it is popular subject today and they used it. if it was real wouldn't someone mention anything specific from that speech?
@Anakin Skywalker

ANY leak that mentions Trump in the same sentence is subject to suspect.  Laughing

And you're right - multiple mentions from different leakers doesn't necessarily make it more credible, although it does help.  It is possible they liked the idea (I mean, what is NOT to like about a Kylo monologue!), and decided to run with it.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Fri 22 Sep 2017, 6:18 pm

The thing is, when was the last time you saw a great monologue in a movie? When was the last time that a major film slowed down enough to give one?

My favorite: The one from Sam the Lion in The Last Picture Show.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 22 Sep 2017, 6:57 pm

Favorite in recent years? Not from the movies, but this monologue from Mad Men's best character comes to mind
Spoiler:

I can't remember much about Brick (only watched it once, during its initial theatrical run), but both Penelope and Sara have monologues about their lives in those respective films. Like I don't remember any others in those films, at least for the male leads other than Old Joe's "we'll be here all day making diagrams with soda straws" line. So it feels like Rian Johnson at least in his past 2 films gives the monologues to his female characters, but he does write them. That's a good question to have going in, will the Reddit spoiler pan out or if it doesn't, who does get one? Han had the big one for TFA about the Force and Finn sort of had one confessing to Rey that he was a stormtrooper.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Fri 22 Sep 2017, 7:03 pm

I think of Sam's speech in The Two Towers. I love Kylo, but I doubt he could give a monologue in 8 (we'd have to see about 9) that I would love more than Sam's.

adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Fri 22 Sep 2017, 7:31 pm

Okay, well while we're dreaming... Kylo gives his Deep Thoughts With Kylo Ren monologue and, exasperated, Rey kisses him to shut him up!

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Fri 22 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

This is fantastic, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in craving an Oscar-worthy monologue from Kylo Ren/Adam Driver. A well crafted monologue is a direct window into the character, and if it's delivered by a charismatic actor like AD it can be tremendously opinion shaping and even endearing. An audience's entire perspective on a character can change with a scene like that. If they give Adam the chance to really speak I think it might help sway the low-key Kylo haters and the people who just didn't "get" Kylo Ren in TFA.

I have a lot of favorite monologues, lol. I just love Emilio Estevez's 3 minute monologue from The Breakfast Club, when his character talks about his father. It starts out as ridiculous, then it becomes contemptible, and by the end of it you "get him" and just really feel for the guy. That's the moment that his character stops being "The Jock" and becomes a real person, imo.

Fredo's "I can handle things! I'm smart!" rant from The Godfather II just kills me. The way his voice cracks on the word smart is just heartbreaking. The Godfather I and II just have great monologues, now that I think about it. And of course there's the epic "You can't handle the truth!" monologue from Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men.  

SoloSideCousin wrote:He'd get to use those uniquely Driverian inflection moments and surprising line delivery choices.  It would be freaking epic.
@SoloSideCousin

This is the best thing I've read all day. I hope we get to see it!
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 22 Sep 2017, 8:31 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:This is fantastic, I'm glad to see I'm not alone in craving an Oscar-worthy monologue from Kylo Ren/Adam Driver. A well crafted monologue is a direct window into the character, and if it's delivered by a charismatic actor like AD it can be tremendously opinion shaping and even endearing. An audience's entire perspective on a character can change with a scene like that. If they give Adam the chance to really speak I think it might help sway the low-key Kylo haters and the people who just didn't "get" Kylo Ren in TFA.

I have a lot of favorite monologues, lol. I just love Emilio Estevez's 3 minute monologue from The Breakfast Club, when his character talks about his father. It starts out as ridiculous, then it becomes contemptible, and by the end of it you "get him" and just really feel for the guy. That's the moment that his character stops being "The Jock" and becomes a real person, imo.

Fredo's "I can handle things! I'm smart!" rant from The Godfather II just kills me. The way his voice cracks on the word smart is just heartbreaking. The Godfather I and II just have great monologues, now that I think about it. And of course there's the epic "You can't handle the truth!" monologue from Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men.  

SoloSideCousin wrote:He'd get to use those uniquely Driverian inflection moments and surprising line delivery choices.  It would be freaking epic.
@SoloSideCousin

This is the best thing I've read all day. I hope we get to see it!
@Darth Rowan

LOL! Absolutely!! I just keep thinking of all the incredible and unexpected choices he has made with all his characters, from saying the word, "Ammmaaaazing" in Francis Ha to a thousand and one Girls moments to the million and one exquisitely subtle choices in Paterson to all the recent Logan Lucky wonderfulness from "Cauliflower" and "My life is crime is over" to his devastation about him arm blowing away ... and that doesn't even touch all the perfect Kylo moments from "I see the island" to "Will you help me?" to his beseeching "I can show you the ways of the force". Adam Driver can utter single words in ways where it can send a chill up your spine because you know you've just seen something truly brilliant.

And you are absolutely right. A well-written monologue (actually even a half-a** written monologue, lol, with AD's acting) could change the SW world and fandom in less than a minute's time. If he's given just 30 seconds of uninterrupted, passionate dialogue, the awesomeness of the Kylo character would suddenly "click" in a lot of people's minds.

And OMG, you're killing me with Fredo!!! I know *exactly* what you are talking about, and it just rips your heart out. Al Pacino was a total master playing Michael Corleone, but OMG, John Cazale was right there with him. Who knows what John Cazale could have done had he not become sick.

Another similarly devastating moment is with Montgomery Clift in Judgment at Nuremberg. OMG, it's upsetting just to think about.

And now that I am thinking about it, there are a lot of great "monologue-ish" moments.

There are the obvious ones like Kenneth Branaugh in Henry V, Henry Fonda in The Grapes of Wrath[i], and Daniel Day-Lewis in movies like [i]In the Name of the Father, The Crucible[i], and [i]Lincoln, and Morgan Freeman's voiceover in The Shawshank Redemption.

There are extraordinary moments that might not be perfect monologues, but are just as effective such as several moments in The Lion in Winter and a bunch of moments in JFK, thinking of Kevin Bacon, John Candy and Kevin Costner in particular.

Of course on the funny side there is Kevin Costner in Bull Durham and John Cusack in Say Anything[i].

There are the kind of loopy ones like Jack Nicholson in [i]As Good as it Gets
and Kevin Costner in Tin Cup and Nicolas Cage in Moonstruck[i] and Dianne Wiest in [i]Bullets over Broadway.

Then there are creepy ones like Anthony Hopkins in [i]Silence of the Lambs[i]

Yeah ... thinking about this makes me want that Kylo monologue even more. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Fri 22 Sep 2017, 8:45 pm

My favourite monologue of recent times is the Punisher's speech about his family in the gut-wrenching 'cemetery scene' from Daredevil Season 2. Castle's pain is laid open for Daredevil and the audience to see and it never fails to bring a tear to my eye.

If we get something with this level of emotion, I'm good. They can make the entire film a monologue.

Then there's the shorter, but still great speech he gives to Karen Page

Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 22 Sep 2017, 11:16 pm

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Walt's "I am the one who knocks" monologue from Breaking Bad yet. Talk about your pivotal moment...

ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Sep 2017, 12:39 am

Duh forgot my other favorites, you don't mess with Dolly

Not surprisingly it's the Golden Age when you have the best monologues written for women
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Sat 23 Sep 2017, 1:47 am

I wouldn't mind something like Robert Conway's conversation with Sondra in Lost Horizon (1937), in particular the part after he chases and catches up with her at 1:55. (especially considering the parallels of Kylo's starship crashing on Ahch-to and Conway surviving a plane crash near Shangri-la)

I can even image Kylo giving a wistful look like this one if something bad happens in TLJ. I find this particularly scene from the 1937 movie of Conway's last look before leaving Shangri La one of the greatest ever shot.

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread 5b37bd26bdd1b26491eb03a5d63ed128

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 23 Sep 2017, 12:07 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
LOL! Absolutely!! I just keep thinking of all the incredible and unexpected choices he has made with all his characters, from saying the word, "Ammmaaaazing" in Francis Ha to a thousand and one Girls moments to the million and one exquisitely subtle choices in Paterson to all the recent Logan Lucky wonderfulness from "Cauliflower" and "My life is crime is over" to his devastation about him arm blowing away ... and that doesn't even touch all the perfect Kylo moments from "I see the island" to "Will you help me?" to his beseeching "I can show you the ways of the force".  Adam Driver can utter single words in ways where it can send a chill up your spine because you know you've just seen something truly brilliant.  

And you are absolutely right.  A well-written monologue (actually even a half-a** written monologue, lol, with AD's acting) could change the SW world and fandom in less than a minute's time.  If he's given just 30 seconds of uninterrupted, passionate dialogue, the awesomeness of the Kylo character would suddenly "click" in a lot of people's minds.

@SoloSideCousin I cannot agree more on Adam Driver's unique take on delivering lines and how it elevates the dialogue. And you mentioned some great monologues here! OMG I just have to gush about my beloved Moonstruck - nobody ever gets this in my RL, but it is absolutely high in my list of all time favorite movies. The romance and the comedy are fab, but the dialogue is really something else. It's so terrific that even a character that appears on screen for all of 30 seconds has memorable lines. Remember that angry woman that Loretta encounters when she drops off her fiancé at the airport?

I put a curse on that plane. My sister is on that plane. I put a curse on that plane that it's gonna explode, burn on fire and fall into the sea. Fifty years ago, she stole a man from me. S'aprese il mio uomo! Today she tells me that she never loved him, that she took him to be strong on me. Now she's going back to Sicily. Ritorna in Sicilia! I cursed her that the green Atlantic water should swallow her up!

Even little moments like Loretta's father talking about the three kinds of pipe and how he only works with copper are memorable and super effective in conveying to us who he is.

Cher's monologues to Nicholas Cage's character on the day they first meet made such a profound impression on me that I still think about her words now and then. I watched Moonstruck the first time in the 90's when I was a kid, and I think part of the reason I love wolves so much and think of them as my spirit animal is because of her words about a wolf having the courage to chew its own paw off to be free. I mean, damn. XD

I was raised that a girl gets married young. I didn't get married until I was twenty-eight. I met a man. I loved him. I married him. He wanted to have a baby right away. I said no. Then he got hit by a bus. No man. No baby. No nothing! I did not know that man was a gift I could not keep. I didn't know... You tell me a story and you think you know what it means, but I see what the true story is, and you can't. She didn't leave you! You can't see what you are. I can see everything. You are a wolf!

The big part of you has no words and it's a wolf. This woman was a trap for you. She caught you and you could not get away. So you chewed off your foot! That was the price you had to pay to be free. Johnny had nothing to do with it. You did what you had to do, between you and you, and I know I'm right, I don't care what you say. And now you're afraid because you found out the big part of you is a wolf that has the courage to bite off its own hand to save itself from the trap of the wrong love. That's why there has been no woman since that wrong woman. You are scared to death what the wolf will do if you make that mistake again!

Nick Cage, who imo has not always been a terrific actor but who just has such powerful, almost feral charisma (and who as an aside looks absolutely delectable in that movie, hot damn), has at least 3 awesome monologues. There's the bread rant:
What is life? They say bread is life. And I bake bread, bread, BREAD! And I sweat and shovel this stinkin' dough in and out of this hot hole in the wall, and I should be SO happy!
That's all you need to hear to know that his character is passionate, furious and completely bitter. It's weird because it's funny, but it also makes you feel for him. XD

Then there's the "I lost my HAND! I lost my BRIDE!" meltdown:
The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread Tenor

And of course there is his epic, messed up and fiery declaration of love:

Everything seems like nothing to me now, 'cause I want you in my bed. I don't care if I burn in hell. I don't care if you burn in hell. The past and the future is a joke to me now. I see that they're nothing. I see they ain't here. The only thing that's here is you - and me. Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bulls**. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and get in my bed!

Those lines about being imperfect and falling in love with the wrong people have some Reylo echoes, amirite??
If they ever give Adam Driver love dialogue to go to town with as Kylo Ren I would just die. DED. XD

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread Swooning
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Sep 2017, 12:21 pm

@Darth Rowan - I can't read that without thinking of "GET ME THE KNIFE CHRISSIE!" "I WON'T DO IT, I TELLYA!" Like even Chrissie gets a bit about how she's been pining away for him. That script was pretty clearly written to be like the great screwball comedies.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 23 Sep 2017, 12:36 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
LOL! Absolutely!! I just keep thinking of all the incredible and unexpected choices he has made with all his characters, from saying the word, "Ammmaaaazing" in Francis Ha to a thousand and one Girls moments to the million and one exquisitely subtle choices in Paterson to all the recent Logan Lucky wonderfulness from "Cauliflower" and "My life is crime is over" to his devastation about him arm blowing away ... and that doesn't even touch all the perfect Kylo moments from "I see the island" to "Will you help me?" to his beseeching "I can show you the ways of the force".  Adam Driver can utter single words in ways where it can send a chill up your spine because you know you've just seen something truly brilliant.  

And you are absolutely right.  A well-written monologue (actually even a half-a** written monologue, lol, with AD's acting) could change the SW world and fandom in less than a minute's time.  If he's given just 30 seconds of uninterrupted, passionate dialogue, the awesomeness of the Kylo character would suddenly "click" in a lot of people's minds.

@SoloSideCousin I cannot agree more on Adam Driver's unique take on delivering lines and how it elevates the dialogue. And you mentioned some great monologues here! OMG I just have to gush about my beloved Moonstruck - nobody ever gets this in my RL, but it is absolutely high in my list of all time favorite movies. The romance and the comedy are fab, but the dialogue is really something else. It's so terrific that even a character that appears on screen for all of 30 seconds has memorable lines. Remember that angry woman that Loretta encounters when she drops off her fiancé at the airport?

I put a curse on that plane. My sister is on that plane. I put a curse on that plane that it's gonna explode, burn on fire and fall into the sea. Fifty years ago, she stole a man from me. S'aprese il mio uomo! Today she tells me that she never loved him, that she took him to be strong on me. Now she's going back to Sicily. Ritorna in Sicilia! I cursed her that the green Atlantic water should swallow her up!

Even little moments like Loretta's father talking about the three kinds of pipe and how he only works with copper are memorable and super effective in conveying to us who he is.

Cher's monologues to Nicholas Cage's character on the day they first meet made such a profound impression on me that I still think about her words now and then. I watched Moonstruck the first time in the 90's when I was a kid, and I think part of the reason I love wolves so much and think of them as my spirit animal is because of her words about a wolf having the courage to chew its own paw off to be free. I mean, damn. XD

I was raised that a girl gets married young. I didn't get married until I was twenty-eight. I met a man. I loved him. I married him. He wanted to have a baby right away. I said no. Then he got hit by a bus. No man. No baby. No nothing! I did not know that man was a gift I could not keep. I didn't know... You tell me a story and you think you know what it means, but I see what the true story is, and you can't. She didn't leave you! You can't see what you are. I can see everything. You are a wolf!

The big part of you has no words and it's a wolf. This woman was a trap for you. She caught you and you could not get away. So you chewed off your foot! That was the price you had to pay to be free. Johnny had nothing to do with it. You did what you had to do, between you and you, and I know I'm right, I don't care what you say. And now you're afraid because you found out the big part of you is a wolf that has the courage to bite off its own hand to save itself from the trap of the wrong love. That's why there has been no woman since that wrong woman. You are scared to death what the wolf will do if you make that mistake again!

Nick Cage, who imo has not always been a terrific actor but who just has such powerful, almost feral charisma (and who as an aside looks absolutely delectable in that movie, hot damn), has at least 3 awesome monologues. There's the bread rant:
What is life? They say bread is life. And I bake bread, bread, BREAD! And I sweat and shovel this stinkin' dough in and out of this hot hole in the wall, and I should be SO happy!
That's all you need to hear to know that his character is passionate, furious and completely bitter. It's weird because it's funny, but it also makes you feel for him. XD

Then there's the "I lost my HAND! I lost my BRIDE!" meltdown:
The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread Tenor

And of course there is his epic, messed up and fiery declaration of love:

Everything seems like nothing to me now, 'cause I want you in my bed. I don't care if I burn in hell. I don't care if you burn in hell. The past and the future is a joke to me now. I see that they're nothing. I see they ain't here. The only thing that's here is you - and me. Loretta, I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love don't make things nice - it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bulls**. Now I want you to come upstairs with me and get in my bed!

Those lines about being imperfect and falling in love with the wrong people have some Reylo echoes, amirite??
If they ever give Adam Driver love dialogue to go to town with as Kylo Ren I would just die. DED. XD

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread Swooning
@Darth Rowan

O.M.G. Moonstruck is one my favorite movies of all time. Nobody ever talks about it, but it is completely amazing. The screenplay is superb. And OMG, I have to see it again because you have reminded me of so many things that I have forgotten. When I mentioned the Nicolas Cage part, I was thinking of that hilarious, but intense and passionate and heartwrenching moment when he yells "Bring me the big knife!!!" and the girl who works in his bakery (and obviously has a crush on him) gets so upset. But now that I remember it, every single major character gets multiple moments in the dialogue sun.

Olympia Dukakis: "Why do men chase women?" with John Mahoney,  interactions with her husband and Loretta.

Loretta's Dad: The pipes, the speech to the family, lol.

Loretta: the speech you mentioned, getting real with the family.

Nicolas Cage: OMG, he really is like this crazy romantic wolf! Everything he says has this slightly crazy, but also passionately poetic aspect to it. (Nicolas Cage was great in that movie. He really can be good when he wants to be ... But sometimes it's like he doesn't care. :-( )

Even Danny Aiello's super awkward and dorky speeches, lol.

And OMG, yes! The curse woman! I totally forgot about her and I don't know how I could, lol! Just the way she says "green Atlantic water" is chilling and raw and completely hilarious at the same time. So good!

The first time I saw Moonstruck was when my family and I were on a trip to Chicago. I was only in middle school, but my Mom and I had done some serious shopping on Michigan Avenue, and we were exhausted and our feet were killing us and my Dad was wiped out too because he had followed us around for part of the day, lol. So we were all falling apart in the hotel, lol ... and then we ordered Moonstruck on the pay-per-view, and it was the most wonderful thing!!! Without question, one of the best movie experiences of my life! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next