Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread

+12
Darth Rowan
MeadowofAshes
adamdrivershair
IoJovi
Anakin Skywalker
ISeeAnIsland
bashfulblueeyes3
SoloSideCousin
Piper Maru
vaderito
snufkin
Kylo Men
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread

Post by adamdrivershair Sat 23 Sep 2017, 1:33 pm

Anyone else remember this scene from Girls? Classic monologue and he kills it. Imagine him looking at Rey like that while he's talking... *falls over dead*

adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Sep 2017, 3:35 pm

Boy I'm dumb, just remembered the monologue Carrie Fisher wrote for Doris in Postcards from the Edge. This woulda been Leia and Ben in IX

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 23 Sep 2017, 7:24 pm

@adamdrivershair - more than likely why KK was hellbent on hiring him had to do with him being on that show and in the film adaptation of Tracks, as somebody who's experienced and comfortable playing young men who are supporting characters in stories about young women coming of age and facing challenges. And in both cases, have a pretty central relationship with the lead character. Not necessarily romantic, just that he's in service of her story. Which a lot of the fans who hate Kylo just can't grok that part because OMG he's not Vader. The point is that it's about the heroine and her journey. If you know that part about the work he done up to getting cast, it makes sense because those are the female centered stories on his CV. It also makes sense knowing that they cast him because he had experience playing in service to a young female lead and her journey. Hopefully that's what the ST continues to be.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sun 24 Sep 2017, 4:07 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:I can't believe that no one has mentioned Walt's "I am the one who knocks" monologue from Breaking Bad yet. Talk about your pivotal moment...

@ISeeAnIsland

Oh my, that'd be awesome and scary. Imagine Kylo following Walt's arc and admitting at the end that he liked being the one knocking on doors or in his case destroying the doors during mind probes. Talking about twist. The whole time the redemption card is there to be played and bang Kylo ends up discovering he enjoys the Dark Side! The idea makes me laugh. Funny, I am not even sensitive to the whole redemption thing anymore. I just want a good movie and a great Kylo.

Whatever monologue it would be, I hope it's not a "greater good" one. Not in TLJ. Too early. I cannot think of a single "let's do something for the greater good" monologue that I really enjoyed. I think that part of me goes like "here comes the preach". I prefer villains to deliver monologues and the heroes to act.

When I hear the word monologue, I always think first of Bill Pullman's one in Independance Day. Imagine Leia or Poe delivering such a cringe-worthy syrupy speech  Shocked  It'd be funny if Kylo's speech were a FO-type one that ends up having another resonance later on in the ST.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:40 am

I had to post that pic here, Kylo as Hamlet with his monologue K/Queen H-beating
The Kylo Ren Monologue for the Ages Thread - Page 2 22279410
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 09 Oct 2017, 6:58 am

if KM4TA happened that would be one of those most freakin amazing cases of crack spoilers turning out true. I'm trying not to get too attached to that headcanon cause there's so much about that leaker that raises red flags, but there's no doubt the idea is a money shot of the highest order.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 Mon 09 Oct 2017, 9:32 am

SanghaRen wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:I can't believe that no one has mentioned Walt's "I am the one who knocks" monologue from Breaking Bad yet. Talk about your pivotal moment...

@ISeeAnIsland

Oh my, that'd be awesome and scary. Imagine Kylo following Walt's arc and admitting at the end that he liked being the one knocking on doors or in his case destroying the doors during mind probes. Talking about twist. The whole time the redemption card is there to be played and bang Kylo ends up discovering he enjoys the Dark Side! The idea makes me laugh. Funny, I am not even sensitive to the whole redemption thing anymore. I just want a good movie and a great Kylo.

Whatever monologue it would be, I hope it's not a "greater good" one. Not in TLJ. Too early. I cannot think of a single "let's do something for the greater good" monologue that I really enjoyed. I think that part of me goes like "here comes the preach". I prefer villains to deliver monologues and the heroes to act.

When I hear the word monologue, I always think first of Bill Pullman's one in Independance Day. Imagine Leia or Poe delivering such a cringe-worthy syrupy speech  Shocked  It'd be funny if Kylo's speech were a FO-type one that ends up having another resonance later on in the ST.
@SanghaRen

This is kind of where I'm at with Kylo's character. I loved his character before any of this redemption arc was the talk of the fandom. Truth is, he will never be fully committed to one side or the other due to being 50/50 light/dark. I think that's what makes his character overall fascinating because he's so unpredictable, yet his emotions are easily readable. His internal battle with himself is constant. Whatever happens, he's always going to be my favorite character in the ST. Overall, I think with the hints and excitement that AD had regarding Kylo we'll be very happy with the outcome. Smile
nite0wl29
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2