Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

+57
Geralt_Riv
Casper
lauvamp
Atenais
EchoBase
rawpowah
MyOnlyHope
Darth Rowan
MrsWindu
Irina de France
Saracene
Airemyn
Cowgirlsamurai
rey09
Forsythia
Darth Dingbat
FrolickingFizzgig
vaderito
IoJovi
DeeBee
shii405
Millicent the Cat
DarthRen
SoloSideCousin
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
soulluos
PalmettoBlue
reylo1992
Kylo Men
BenRey
SheLitAFire
Birdwoman
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
nonesuch
kroi
Anakin Skywalker
benorganasolo
Blackcanary
Kyla Ren
RosiePancake
bashfulblueeyes3
panki
Moonjump05
Moonlight13
ZioRen
Marie Ren
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Lily Snape
Kessel
Night Huntress
ReyofLightSide
Tex
nite0wl29
Rei of Sunshine
61 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 10:53 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
DarthRen wrote:Well, this is in the light of the trailer very interesting. If there is any trth to dynamic of Luke and Snoke, this is shaping up to be very interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/75h7jd/this_leaker_was_right_about_snokerey/

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread - Page 3 QYx0JKf
@DarthRen
Just alluding to stuff from the new trailer in an attempt to make his theories seem more believable. Fake af.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It was posted more than a year ago by the original source, someone found it re-post it.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The "Crack" Spoiler Discussion Thread

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 10 Oct 2017, 10:55 am

DarthRen wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
DarthRen wrote:Well, this is in the light of the trailer very interesting. If there is any trth to dynamic of Luke and Snoke, this is shaping up to be very interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/75h7jd/this_leaker_was_right_about_snokerey/

@DarthRen
Just alluding to stuff from the new trailer in an attempt to make his theories seem more believable. Fake af.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It was posted more than a year ago by the original source, someone found it re-post it.
@DarthRen
Meh, I still think it's fake, but we'll see. I just don't think it's that unique a guess.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 10:59 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@DarthRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@DarthRen
Meh, I still think it's fake, but we'll see. I just don't think it's that unique a guess.
@FrolickingFizzgig

We had no idea year ago that Snoke would be anywhere close to Rey or not to mention test her like this. This was posted while they were filming. She already rejected Dark Side while during her fight with Kylo/Ben. Either lucky guess or some piece that fits, Snoke and Luke dynamic in this scenario would be curious and fits. Snoke could've killed Luke or vice versa, why Snoke needs Kylo and FO for it if he is so powerful? Food for thought.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:07 am

DarthRen wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@DarthRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@DarthRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

We had no idea year ago that Snoke would be anywhere close to Rey or not to mention test her like this. This was posted while they were filming. She already rejected Dark Side while during her fight with Kylo/Ben. Either lucky guess or some piece that fits, Snoke and Luke dynamic in this scenario would be curious and fits. Snoke could've killed Luke or vice versa, why Snoke needs Kylo and FO for it if he is so powerful? Food for thought.
@DarthRen
I don't think it's that lucky to guess that Rey would meet Snoke in this movie. You had a 50/50 shot of being right off the bat because she was either going to meet him in this one and the last one. After that it's safe to assume Snoke isn't going to be a nice dude. Also, Rey certainly looks to be in pain in the trailer, but maybe that's just me. I would say it's a guess (similar to the people who guessed the title of the movie a year ago who had no insider-knowledge at all). People have thrown so many stabs in the dark that certain things were bound to be guessed. Look at us and 'Kylo still wants to teach Rey."
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:30 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@DarthRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

The catch: it was posted a more than a year ago.
@Darth_Awakened

Honestly, when I think of the poster with half red Luke and no Snoke, Rian's Jungian influences, and this "spoiler", it did make me think of a strange possibility, but I am afraid to say it.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:37 am

Also, it looks like Snoke most certainly does hurt her while he has her held there.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:39 am

ZioRen wrote:Also, it looks like Snoke most certainly does hurt her while he has her held there.
@ZioRen

yeah, she doesn't look "Oh, Snoke, ahhhh" in that moment.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:46 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@DarthRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Darth_Awakened

Honestly, when I think of the poster with half red Luke and no Snoke, Rian's Jungian influences, and this "spoiler", it did make me think of a strange possibility, but I am afraid to say it.
@SoloSideCousin

Say it! (I have a feeling I know what you're going to say, and if it's what I think, I've sort of been wondering the same thing.)
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:46 am

vaderito wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Also, it looks like Snoke most certainly does hurt her while he has her held there.
@ZioRen

yeah, she doesn't look "Oh, Snoke, ahhhh" in that moment.
@vaderito

Feeling the Force with Snoke is clearly not the same thing as Feeling the Force with Kylo.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@DarthRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Darth_Awakened

@SoloSideCousin

Snoke is Rey's mother (sort of) and Luke is her father? Very Happy
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@DarthRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Darth_Awakened

Honestly, when I think of the poster with half red Luke and no Snoke, Rian's Jungian influences,  and this "spoiler", it did make me think of a strange possibility,  but I am afraid to say it.
@SoloSideCousin

Say it!  (I have a feeling I know what you're going to say, and if it's what I think, I've sort of been wondering the same thing.)
@ISeeAnIsland

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say it.  I need to know what you are thinking!!!
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 10 Oct 2017, 11:57 am

@SoloSideCousin I'm still waiting *taps fingers*  elephant
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 12:08 pm

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@DarthRen
@FrolickingFizzgig

@Darth_Awakened

Honestly, when I think of the poster with half red Luke and no Snoke, Rian's Jungian influences,  and this "spoiler", it did make me think of a strange possibility,  but I am afraid to say it.
@SoloSideCousin

Say it!  (I have a feeling I know what you're going to say, and if it's what I think, I've sort of been wondering the same thing.)
@ISeeAnIsland

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say it.  I need to know what you are thinking!!!
@IoJovi

Okay, so you know how Luke is all in shadow on the poster and how one half of his face is in red? Add to that Snoke not being in the poster ... like he doesn't exist. Then add Rian's Jungian influences of the squashed down shadow self that can come back to haunt you. We thought that was for Kylo and Rey, but what if it's for Luke too? Instead of Jekyll and Hyde, what if we have dis(integrated) Luke? Now here is the insane part ... what if Snoke is Luke's shadow made manifest somehow and taking on a life of its own? I know that seems insane because Snoke is supposed to be old and was supposed to see the rise of the Empire ... but at the same time he is mangled like a shadow would be. I don't know how it could work, except maybe Snoke is like a golem? Like the dead brought to life by Luke's shadow? Again, it's insane I know,  but wasn't Snoke on the TFA poster and Luke wasn't,  but now it's the opposite? Again, I know it's crazy, but it is just what came into my mind.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 12:13 pm

See! No one is replying! I told you the theory was too crazy, lol!
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Tue 10 Oct 2017, 12:19 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:See! No one is replying! I told you the theory was too crazy, lol!
@SoloSideCousin

Hahaha I’m eating lunch!!

Good catch about the reason for Snoke’s absence on the poster!!! I thought it was strange he wasn’t on there, but that could be a plausible explanation. How they would do it is anyone’s guess but you may not be too far from the mark. It’d explain why we are getting menacing Luke in every single marketing piece to date.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 12:23 pm

IoJovi wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:See! No one is replying! I told you the theory was too crazy, lol!
@SoloSideCousin

Hahaha I’m eating lunch!!

Good catch about the reason for Snoke’s absence on the poster!!! I thought it was strange he wasn’t on there, but that could be a plausible explanation. How they would do it is anyone’s guess but you may not be too far from the mark. It’d explain why we are getting menacing Luke in every single marketing piece to date.

@IoJovi

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't know how they would do it, but there is something Jungian here I think between Snoke and Luke. Maybe it's totally symbolic. I don't know, but Snoke does seem like a shriveled husk or shadow of a being.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Tue 10 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm

@SoloSideCousin

I don't think your theory it's crazy at all. The absence of Snoke in the poster (and Luke looking creepy) has me very intrigued... Confus Confus Confus
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 10 Oct 2017, 12:44 pm

@SoloSideCousin

No, it's not crazy! I'm just busy at work today. (Of all days to be busy...)

And what you're thinking is very much along the line of what I'm thinking. Maybe in their travels, somehow Luke's "dark side" got split out and manifested in Snoke. It would fit with all of the ominious Luke imagery, make Luke a "villain" without really making him a "villain", etc.

If I recall, there has been at least one "leaker" who did compare Luke to Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Tue 10 Oct 2017, 12:49 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

And what you're thinking is very much along the line of what I'm thinking. Maybe in their travels, somehow Luke's "dark side" got split out and manifested in Snoke. It would fit with all of the ominious Luke imagery, make Luke a "villain" without really making him a "villain", etc.

If I recall, there has been at least one "leaker" who did compare Luke to Jekyll/Mr. Hyde.
@ISeeAnIsland

It has kinda happened in TCW with Yoda- he finds a Dark side manifestation of himself. Although it doesn't seem as...substantial as Snoke is.

However, typing that made me think- maybe that is why Snoke is so frail looking and the speculation that he is some kinda Force vampire. Snoke's physical form is tenuous because he is just a cast off of Luke.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 1:02 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

And what you're thinking is very much along the line of what I'm thinking.  Maybe in their travels, somehow Luke's "dark side" got split out and manifested in Snoke.  It would fit with all of the ominious Luke imagery, make Luke a "villain" without really making him a "villain", etc.

@ISeeAnIsland

Thank You!Very Happy  And yes, there have been "spoilers" of a Jekyll and Hyde situation.

Also, LK did say Rian's movie would be weird, and people are saying it's "different". Some kind of traumatic/darkside/travels/Unknown Regions/et al moment could have happened that split Luke or siphoned something off Luke. Such a trauma could explain how spooked and semi-demented Luke looked in last night's trailer. Island Luke may know that something really bad happened, but maybe doesn't have a full grip on what it was, hence he is pretty unstable like a traumatized person with blackouts or confusing memories would be.

Moonjump05 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SoloSideCousin

And what you're thinking is very much along the line of what I'm thinking.  Maybe in their travels, somehow Luke's "dark side" got split out and manifested in Snoke.  It would fit with all of the ominious Luke imagery, make Luke a "villain" without really making him a "villain", etc.

@ISeeAnIsland

It has kinda happened in TCW with Yoda- he finds a Dark side manifestation of himself.  Although it doesn't seem as...substantial as Snoke is.

However, typing that made me think- maybe that is why Snoke is so frail looking and the speculation that he is some kinda Force vampire.  Snoke's physical form is tenuous because he is just a cast off of Luke.
@Moonjump05

OMG! I forgot about the Yoda shadow thing! Snoke does seem very physically frail, yet very telepathically empowered, like the body is barely surviving,  but the malevolent spirit of him is strong and the only thing keep the body alive. Also, wasn't Yoda's experience more of a force test? What if Luke's experience was a much more powerful thing, like an encounter with something or someone very dark?
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:19 pm

@SoloSideCousin

I'am too tired now to elaborate but I don't think your theory is crazy at all.

Mark already said in the press that there's more to Luke's story and the past than just been betrayed by his nephew.
(And Snoke has blue eyes as well) lol!

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 10 Oct 2017, 4:31 pm

If Snoke is sort of siphoning something off from Luke or some sort of manifestation of Luke's dark side, that could explain why Snoke was more adamant about having the map destroyed (so that no one could find Luke), rather than wanting to actually take possession of the map and destroy Luke himself. Maybe Snoke can't survive without Luke in some way?
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 10 Oct 2017, 5:26 pm

It's an interesting theory, and I'm very curious about Luke's presence on both posters, but hasn't Snoke been described as non-human? Also, he's 7 feet tall. Why would Luke's shadow be so much taller than him? Well, shadows are long, aren't they now... scratch

Anyway, I wonder if Luke is in both posters because he's the one who finds the answer or is trying to find the answer to it all, and he was Ben's teacher and now Rey's. He's connected to them both.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 10 Oct 2017, 10:25 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:If Snoke is sort of siphoning something off from Luke or some sort of manifestation of Luke's dark side, that could explain why Snoke was more adamant about having the map destroyed (so that no one could find Luke), rather than wanting to actually take possession of the map and destroy Luke himself. Maybe Snoke can't survive without Luke in some way?
@ISeeAnIsland

Luke always say Anakin and Vader as two different people. Maybe Luke did not want to repeat his father's mistakes when he grew powerful, and found some way to separate his light and dark side? So Luke is the flame and Snoke is its shadow.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Tue 10 Oct 2017, 10:41 pm

panki wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:If Snoke is sort of siphoning something off from Luke or some sort of manifestation of Luke's dark side, that could explain why Snoke was more adamant about having the map destroyed (so that no one could find Luke), rather than wanting to actually take possession of the map and destroy Luke himself. Maybe Snoke can't survive without Luke in some way?
@ISeeAnIsland

Luke always say Anakin and Vader as two different people. Maybe Luke did not want to repeat his father's mistakes when he grew powerful, and found some way to separate his light and dark side? So Luke is the flame and Snoke is its shadow.
@panki

Oooohhh, I forgot about that part in Bloodline where he sees Anakin and Vader as two different people. That was one of the red flags that all was not well with Luke. If he *chose* to separate his dark and light sides, that would be the ultimate form of smashing down his shadow ... and a totally wrong way of going about things. But what would he know? Yoda and Obi-Wan we're always about killing the darkness. Because Vader died, Luke never saw what "coming back from the dark side" really entailed. I got to think that Vader wouldn't have suddenly turned into the GFFA version of Bob Hope. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next