Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

+80
cherrylipstick
californiagirl
Gemlake
Xylo Ren
rawpowah
Man Without A Star
Lily Snape
MyOnlyHope
Helix
Darth_marshmallow
benorganasolo
PalmettoBlue
shii405
AceofWands
Starliteprism
Night Huntress
ZioRen
vaderito
Kylo Rey
Forsythia
Moonlight13
RosiePancake
snufkin
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dingbat
Cowgirlsamurai
Darth_Awakened
panki
SanghaRen
DarthRen
ISeeAnIsland
Kylo Men
Birdwoman
MindAndMagic
tukicarreno
MeadowofAshes
Darth Rowan
fuhry
Rimfaxe96
nemapasara
BenRey
Piper Maru
bashfulblueeyes3
MrsWindu
Airemyn
adamdrivershair
Maria26
Kyla Ren
LadyHa
Irina de France
EchoBase
Acritiqua
BigDeal2187
CienaRee
Saracene
Armadeus
Reylo Lemon
MissG
Mana
Geralt_Riv
nite0wl29
jakkusun
rey09
Lucina
Kessel
reylo1992
DeeBee
IoJovi
Tex
SheLitAFire
Gemini
ReyofLightSide
FrolickingFizzgig
spacebaby45678
motherofpearl1
Atenais
SkyStar
Rei of Sunshine
Moonjump05
Anakin Skywalker
84 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by DarthRen Wed 25 Oct 2017, 8:38 am

spacebaby45678 wrote:Breznican retweeted this... now I think AB has saw some of the movie wasn't he the one who confirmed that Kylo is holding out his hand to Rey.
So maybe he knows who this line by Luke is actually spoken to also. Maybe it is a flash back

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Tumblr_oydptv2ZEp1v3o2r3o1_540
@spacebaby45678

There as a confusion whether he saw Kylo reaching out to Rey or he simply thinks it's to her. The way he put it and this makes me think maybe he saw few pieces. He has connections to LF and Disney but then this would be close to leaking things out.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS)

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 25 Oct 2017, 8:41 am

I assume Luke is going to take the lightsaber from her at the beginning of the movie, after which she'll use her staff for a little while. Later Luke will either feel forced to give it back to her so she can defend herself after she has visions that Kylo could be coming to Ahch-To (for dramatic build-up/tension, I do see this happening), or she'll take the lightsaber back herself against Luke's will.

I honestly expect her to be very angry and aggressive toward Kylo by the time he shows up. All that frustration, confusion and emotion are just going to boil up during her time with Luke and finally be unleashed as soon as she sees Kylo. He might be kind of taken aback, lol. And if we already know she's roughing up Luke a little, imagine what she's going to want to do to Kylo. Laughing

I love angry Rey. <3

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Tumblr_o3h83gsdc01trsn9io4_500

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Yoaijao8eqptabudj7rr
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 25 Oct 2017, 8:42 am

DarthRen wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:Breznican retweeted this... now I think AB has saw some of the movie wasn't he the one who confirmed that Kylo is holding out his hand to Rey.
So maybe he knows who this line by Luke is actually spoken to also. Maybe it is a flash back

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Tumblr_oydptv2ZEp1v3o2r3o1_540
@spacebaby45678

There as a confusion whether he saw Kylo reaching out to Rey or he simply thinks it's to her. The way he put it and this makes me think maybe he saw few pieces. He has connections to LF and Disney but then this would be close to leaking things out.
@DarthRen

Ah, I thought he had confirmed Kylo reaching out to Rey. MSW seem to think Rey is fighting with look, guess we have to wait to figure it all out
I think Rey might be running to save the Porgs from the Sea beast, considering she still has the saber and OG resistance outfit and hair

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Yoaijao8eqptabudj7rr
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:29 am

I heard somewhere (MSW?) that Rey starts Force throwing stuff at Luke as well. He may have taken or Force-grabbed the saber from her. We have the Vanity Fair BTS shot of her in the rain with her hair down and holding the saber, so she could pull the saber out and Luke takes it from her, then she really flies into a rage.
And this is in the rain so I am praying Kylo is there too. But regardless, she knows how to take people out with her staff, so should be good.
It looks more and more like she fights with Luke so this may spur her to go with Kylo or go off alone.

The shot from the teaser of Kylo with his saber drawn could be after his ship crashes on Ahch-To and he comes out with guns blazing.

If the pic of Luke is from the past with the KOR, was Luke that hermit-y looking then? The photo looks how he looks in present day.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:36 am

@spacebaby45678

That sure does look like the rain scene in tfa

So that may be Luke's saber Kylo was originally holding.

Everything apart from the rain indicates that Kylo stabbing bowl scene was the past. So I would say this is most likely a flashback?

Last edited by Gemini on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:37 am

Gemini wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Gemini

present or flashback past. I am confused. Mad Suspect
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:43 am

Anthony Breznican has not seen any of the film. He was on a podcast where they were speculating about that hand reach but people misreported what AB said. His speculation is no more reliable than anyone else’s, and judging by his in-depth breakdown of the trailer, I wouldn’t say he’s got any inside information.

MSW said in a recent podcast that they’d seen images of Luke on the ground. They said it looked like Rey attacked him. I think @vaderito wrote it up in the podcast thread, I’ll have to go and check...

Last edited by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:45 am

Gemini wrote:

@spacebaby45678

Everything apart from the rain indicates that Kylo stabbing bowl scene was the past. So I would say this is most likely a flashback?
@Gemini
Luke's familiar clothes make me think it's not a flashback. It looks more like part of a rain sequence on Ahch-To. I would honestly be surprised if we revisited the specifics of the rainy scene in Rey's vision. It seems to have been part of an older backstory that was eventually scrapped in favour of Rian's new Luke/Ben backstory.

And to clarify there was confusion about that Breznican quote referring to the hand scene. Someone took an out-of-context discussion and made it sound like Brezican was saying he had seen clips from the movie. He certainly believes it's not a vision or a flashback, but he hasn't physically viewed the scene so it's just his believe. Same goes for this. I'm with him as far as Kylo's hand goes, but I'm not with him on this one.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:46 am

I have a weird headcanon......the scene where Rey is rising up to face Luke is after Kylo has crashed on the island...shes pulled him from the wreckage and hes told her some facts Luke didnt want her to find out. She was sitting next to Kylo when Luke arrives to find her with him.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:49 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:I have a weird headcanon......the scene where Rey is rising up to face Luke is after Kylo has crashed on the island...shes pulled him from the wreckage and hes told her some facts Luke didnt want her to find out. She was sitting next to Kylo when Luke arrives to find her with him.
@motherofpearl1

We know that Kylo and Rey fight. Where does this fit into your headcanon or you ignore that? I must admit I do, I don't want them to fight against one another.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:54 am

DarthRen wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:I have a weird headcanon......the scene where Rey is rising up to face Luke is after Kylo has crashed on the island...shes pulled him from the wreckage and hes told her some facts Luke didnt want her to find out. She was sitting next to Kylo when Luke arrives to find her with him.
@motherofpearl1

We know that Kylo and Rey fight. Where does this fit into your headcanon or you ignore that? I must admit I do, I don't want them to fight against one another.
@DarthRen

how do we know that they fight? (I'm not challenging, I just can't remember how we know that)
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 25 Oct 2017, 9:57 am

SheLitAFire wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

how do we know that they fight? (I'm not challenging, I just can't remember how we know that)
@SheLitAFire

MSW report, I think. Bothan mentioned the hut scene, it kinda makes sense since Rey humbled him on SKB and he might be there to collect whatever Luke is guarding and prove himself to Snoke.

This shot from the teaser trailer seems to me when he crashed his TIE Silencer on Ach-To.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 MO0zz9o
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:05 am

DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

I just find it odd that they fight then end up having a conversation.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:07 am

SheLitAFire wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

@SheLitAFire

Good question, anyone have that link? Since we have all these new shots it might be good to go back and match up the details. study
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:17 am

SheLitAFire wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

@SheLitAFire

We don’t know for sure that Kylo and Rey fight. That MSW report from Ireland was cast into doubt long ago. MSW said they’d heard stuff that contradicted it, such as the Knights of Ren not being on Ahch-To. That “eyewitness report” came from someone MSW didn’t know and couldn’t count as a trusted source. To be honest, most of that report, especially the all-powerful Luke stuff, comes off as nothing but a fan's wish list.

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:21 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

@motherofpearl1

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

@SheLitAFire

We don’t know for sure that Kylo and Rey fight. That MSW report from Ireland was cast into doubt long ago. MSW said they’d heard stuff that contradicted it, such as the Knights of Ren not being on Ahch-To. That “eyewitness report” came from someone MSW didn’t know and couldn’t count as a trusted source. To be honest, most of that report, especially the all-powerful Luke stuff, comes off as nothing but a fan's wish list.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Right, I always imagined (key word there obviously) that it was more of a stand off situation, both their sabers out and maybe some verbal sparring but perhaps not a full fledged fight. Again, just head canon to go along with what else we know & the trajectory of the story/BTS footage.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:23 am

Yes....maybe he keels over from that head wound before they actually fight!! Razz
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:24 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

@motherofpearl1

Coming from fight to a civil conversation is a big step,  I imagine Kylo is angry at Rey. She refused him, beat him and most importantly abandoned him. We know there was a crash, so I guess he makes it there. I iamgine Rey learns about his background and might have some compassion. Which could prompt a change with Kylo.

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

@SheLitAFire

@Mrs Ben Solo

Luke stuff could be different [it always seemd to me as fanservice] but Kylo and Rey so far is still in the play.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:27 am

DarthRen wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

@SheLitAFire

MSW report, I think. Bothan mentioned the hut scene, it kinda makes sense since Rey humbled him on SKB and he might be there to collect whatever Luke is guarding and prove himself to Snoke.

This shot from the teaser trailer seems to me when he crashed his TIE Silencer on Ahch-To.

@DarthRen

This is random and not really on topic, but I'm going to have a little chuckle in the theater if Kylo pulls off that band-aid right before he heads to Ahch-To. Makes me think he looked in the mirror and was like "Oh god, I better get rid of this silly band-aid before I go see Rey" pulls off band-aid "Much better, she won't be able to resist my sexy battle scar." Laughing
Tex
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:33 am

Tex wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

@SheLitAFire

This shot from the teaser trailer seems to me when he crashed his TIE Silencer on Ahch-To.

@DarthRen

This is random and not really on topic, but I'm going to have a little chuckle in the theater if Kylo pulls off that band-aid right before he heads to Ahch-To. Makes me think he looked in the mirror and was like "Oh god, I better get rid of this silly band-aid before I go see Rey" pulls off band-aid "Much better, she won't be able to resist my sexy battle scar." Laughing
@Tex

Gotta look pretty for his girl. Don't underestimate Rey too, with her new hairstyle, all wet and ready to fight. Mwehe

If you look closely, in that gif he doesn't have his band-aid anymore.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:35 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Gemini wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@Gemini
Luke's familiar clothes make me think it's not a flashback. It looks more like part of a rain sequence on Ahch-To. I would honestly be surprised if we revisited the specifics of the rainy scene in Rey's vision. It seems to have been part of an older backstory that was eventually scrapped in favour of Rian's new Luke/Ben backstory.

And to clarify there was confusion about that Breznican quote referring to the hand scene. Someone took an out-of-context discussion and made it sound like Brezican was saying he had seen clips from the movie. He certainly believes it's not a vision or a flashback, but he hasn't physically viewed the scene so it's just his believe. Same goes for this. I'm with him as far as Kylo's hand goes, but I'm not with him on this one.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Luke could have had the same clothes for years, it is not like there is a Nordstrom's on Ach-to to shop at ( whoah ) that was difficult to say... Razz lol.  Or maybe you shop by holochron in space... Very Happy I think when we say Luke and the burning temple it is the same outfit no?

Yup, Luke has two outfits

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram (NO SPOILERS) - Page 2 Z

Last edited by spacebaby45678 on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:36 am

@DarthRen I don’t personally trust any of that report. It seems logical that Rey wouldn’t exactly greet Kylo with open arms and that he would arrive there angry and vengeful. His action figure has a line that goes something like “You will bring Luke Skywalker to me.” Maybe she refuses and they both fight as Rey’s action figure also has a line like “You will pay for what you did” or something similar. It’s when we go from reasonable speculation into things like the fabled “cliff scene” which appears to have been contradicted IMO by scenes released in the various trailers. For one thing, it looks like Rey can swim and it also seems that her underwater scenes come earlier in the movie when it’s just her and Luke on Ahch-To (because she still has the vest on and the 3 bun hairstyle). We could all be wrong in the end until we get actual spoilers from people who’ve seen the movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:41 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:@DarthRen I don’t personally trust any of that report. It seems logical that Rey wouldn’t exactly greet Kylo with open arms and that he would arrive there angry and vengeful. His action figure has a line that goes something like “You will bring Luke Skywalker to me.” Maybe she refuses and they both fight as Rey’s action figure also has a line like “You will pay for what you did” or something similar. It’s when we go from reasonable speculation into things like the fabled “cliff scene” which appears to have been contradicted IMO by scenes released in the various trailers. For one thing, it looks like Rey can swim and it also seems that her underwater scenes come earlier in the movie when it’s just her and Luke on Ahch-To (because she still has the vest on and the 3 bun hairstyle). We could all be wrong in the end until we get actual spoilers from people who’ve seen the movie.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Bothan was so far spot on and MSW kinda flimsy to say the least. I can see a fight but not to that extent of Rey falling into water, something else might happen which prompts them to stop fighting or something else happens. Rey must be still having grudges over his actions no matter his past, still some kind of resentment and Kylo ain't gonna be a happy camper seeing her. Maybe not because she beat him [he didn't looked angry at SKB] but abandonment issues. Rey felt kinda guilty over the fact she left him. She looked back if he's going to be rescued, deleted scene with Finn staring into nowhere like in mind being elsewhere.

Speaking of previous info. Where did that Rey stiching up Kylo rumour came from? You might know this.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:44 am

DarthRen wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:@DarthRen I don’t personally trust any of that report. It seems logical that Rey wouldn’t exactly greet Kylo with open arms and that he would arrive there angry and vengeful. His action figure has a line that goes something like “You will bring Luke Skywalker to me.” Maybe she refuses and they both fight as Rey’s action figure also has a line like “You will pay for what you did” or something similar. It’s when we go from reasonable speculation into things like the fabled “cliff scene” which appears to have been contradicted IMO by scenes released in the various trailers. For one thing, it looks like Rey can swim and it also seems that her underwater scenes come earlier in the movie when it’s just her and Luke on Ahch-To (because she still has the vest on and the 3 bun hairstyle). We could all be wrong in the end until we get actual spoilers from people who’ve seen the movie.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Bothan was so far spot on and MSW kinda flimsy to say the least. I can see a fight but not to that extent of Rey falling into water, something else might happen which prompts them to stop fighting or something ele happens. Rey must be still having grudges over his actions no matter his past, still some kind of resentment and Kylo ain't gonna be a happy camper seeing her. Maybe not because she beat him [he didn't looked angry at SKB] but abandonment issues. Rey felt kinda guilty over the fact she left him. She looked back if he's going to be rescued, deleted scene with Finn staring into nowhere like in mind being elsewhere.

Speaking of previous info. Where did that Rey stiching up Kylo rumour came from? You might know this.
@DarthRen

The Rey stitching Kylo up is a weird headcanon based on him supposedly having stitches in that moody shot they showed of him at SWC. Personally, I see no stitches only shadows from the lighting, but I concede I’ve been wrong before r.e Rey’s forehead bruise. Anyway, I don’t see stitches so who the heck knows!

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:50 am

DarthRen wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1

@DarthRen

@SheLitAFire

This shot from the teaser trailer seems to me when he crashed his TIE Silencer on Ach-To.

@DarthRen

I mentioned that upthread, he may come out of the wreckage all defensive. They may or may not fight and Rey says something to throw him off (maybe she has found out more about him through Luke or their Force bond) and they start to back off from the fight.

This whole thing is so confusing!
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next