Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

+99
colibri
Jozie
Miyu
BenRey
Man Without A Star
Kylo Men
reylodownlo
teltaru
Aphelionna
rey09
Sforza
Jakku
KnightsofReylo_2015
ISeeAnIsland
BigDeal2187
PalmettoBlue
lauvamp
grimbergen
guardienne
SheLitAFire
Lucina
Irina de France
Acritiqua
Darth Dementor
snufkin
LesCousinsDangereux
LadyHa
Reynak
SoloSideCousin
IoJovi
fuhry
DarthRen
Mana
Xylo Ren
Kessel
jakkusun
Tex
tukicarreno
thescavenger
Krafty
Anakin Skywalker
Little_Boots
Moonlight13
shii405
MyOnlyHope
madeinmn
Maria26
SanghaRen
AnneNeville
Forsythia
ReyofLightSide
Birdwoman
MeadowofAshes
CienaRee
nite0wl29
Wizzia
nonesuch
Atenais
Gemini
Saracene
Gemlake
Piper Maru
Airemyn
MrsWindu
Teo oswald
Armadeus
Rimfaxe96
AhsokaTano
SkyStar
panki
Reylo Lemon
DeeBee
Night Huntress
unicorn
Moonjump05
bashfulblueeyes3
EchoBase
Darth_Awakened
Geralt_Riv
rawpowah
cherrylipstick
Blood Moon
Meomeo
FrolickingFizzgig
Rei of Sunshine
ZioRen
motherofpearl1
Cowgirlsamurai
Yuugi
Ynqve
vaderito
special_cases
RosiePancake
Darth_marshmallow
Helix
reylo1992
Darth Dingbat
liveinsummee
Darth Rowan
103 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:39 pm

Just got back from seeing the film....I guess all I can say is.....it still makes me laugh that people still deny Reylo

Lurkers wake up!

The movie was AWESOME best scene was Snokw being chopped in half! That and Yoda with the Yoda theme! Luke Skywalker kicked a**!!

Ok now that my hype is down a bit. Laura Dern was....useless. I'm kinda hoping BDT is the guy Maz was talking about all along.....Finn and Rose super cute!
The reylo was great but lacking, maybe that is because there could be another Clone Wars - ish type cartoon which might possibly show what Kylo and Rey got up to in their spare time. Seems like they spoke a lot and we didn't get to see!

Leia flying was an odd moment.

Hux and his everlasting scowl seems to be getting scowlier every time he appeared on screen!

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Giphy-downsized-large

Last edited by Little_Boots on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Empty Re: The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions

Post by SanghaRen Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:49 pm

Piper Maru wrote:I actually loved the first Reylo scene, when they first discover the bond. It's hilarious and simultaneously cute.

They run around like two lovers playing in period-pieces.
@Piper Maru

I loved it too. It is very cute. I like how all the force bond scenes are filmed. In a no fuss style. And I like the fact that we don’t know everything they see in each other. That is in continuation with the interrogation scene, where you felt like an intruder.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:51 pm

nonesuch wrote:I adored the movie and feel ready to write up my thoughts on it at greater length now. I'm saddened that so many people here were disappointed, but I loved it. It was unexpected but in all the best ways.

Rey and Kylo are the beating heart of The Last Jedi, and their mutual journey is the main through-line throughout the film. They are bound together through the Force, and their early scenes together are all about how they negotiate this and are forced to confront each other as people rather than enemies. They come closer and closer through scenes that are brimming over with intimacy, tension and tenderness, their encounters culminating with a lovely tableau where they extend their hands to touch each other. This is a moment of profound vulnerability and sensuality - Kylo deliberately removes his glove so they can touch skin-to-skin, and they gaze directly into each other’s eyes with the firelight between them, oblivious to everything except each other. It’s framed something like a pre-Raphaelite painting of forbidden lovers touching for the first time, and it is intensely romantic and beautiful. Later, we learn that this is the moment when they both had visions of a future together - Rey saw Ben returning to the light with her help, and Kylo saw Rey coming to his side to join him. These visions inform most of their subsequent behaviour and give them purpose.

Luke, still filled with fear and afraid of allowing Rey to slip into darkness, bursts in and stops them by exploding the hut where the would-be lovers are connecting (a parody version where Luke comes in screaming “NO SEXY TIMES IN MY HUT!” is surely incoming). Rey, however, has been swayed by her interactions with Kylo and her new appreciation of his origins - she considers him wronged in the worst possible way by the uncle who was meant to be guiding and caring for him, having had the truth of Ben’s turn to the dark side revealed to her by Kylo. Convinced that there is still hope for Ben, Rey leaves the island to go to him in the hope of turning him and bringing him to the side of the Resistance. Kylo, however, seems to betray her and takes her to Snoke. Snoke proceeds to torture Rey and is puffed up with pride over his apprentice’s achievement - he orders Kylo to murder Rey, reading his thoughts and revelling in Kylo’s new resolve. But Snoke, in a stunning moment, is actually reading Kylo’s resolve to murder him, not Rey, and is sliced in half by the sudden ignition of a craftily turned lightsaber.

Rey and Kylo fight Snoke’s Praetorian guards together in a gorgeous, virtuous fight scene that is easily the greatest setpiece in the film - they are completely in sync to the point that they fight back to back, with Rey leaning to rest against Kylo’s back in order to better launch an attack. It is a fight scene founded on their innate connection and trust in one another, and it is their high point together - it embodies everything they can achieve when they are at their best.

It has taken a while for me to get here, but this is the point at which failure comes into it. At the end of the fight, Rey appeals to Ben to stop the attack on the Resistance fleet. He refuses and reveals his ambition to rule the galaxy as the new Supreme Leader - he interpreted his vision of the future as proof that he was destined to rule with Rey besides him, and appeals to her to join him. Kylo makes the offer with desperate sincerity and longing, and clearly sees no evil in his dream - instead, he envisages a future where he and Rey will rule side-by-side to give order to a chaotic galaxy torn apart by factionalism and warfare. He considers it a question of destiny and responsibility - the most apt use for their remarkable and unique power. He tries to appeal to Rey by highlighting the awful truth of her background - in particular, her abandonment by uncaring and drunken parents - and telling her how important she is to him.

But Rey, of course, is horrified. She realises that killing Snoke did not restore Ben Solo, and that going to him was not enough to trigger the change. She reaches for the Skywalker saber - which she had passed to Ben in the battle - and she and Kylo battle for it through the Force, straining for control until the moment the saber breaks in two, exploding into a dazzling blast of light that knocks them both unconscious.

For Rey, Kylo’s offer to her represents the fact that she has failed - but there is also a lesson in it. She fails to bring Ben Solo back but the lesson is that he must be left to find a way forward alone - at least for now. She recognises the sincerity of his feelings and the conflict that stirs within him, but cannot share in his dream for two of them. She flees The Supremacy while Kylo is still unconscious, re-joining the Resistance and taking up the mantle of the last Jedi, inspired by Luke’s teachings and her own experiences with the Force. In a magical moment that embodies what Rey stands to become, she lifts the rocks that block the exit from the cave complex that the few surviving members of the Resistance were using to escape. They behold her as if she’s a miracle. By the end of the film, Rey has new resolve and confidence in her ability to represent hope for the galaxy and continue to propagate the light side of the Force. She may be a nobody born to scavengers from Jakku callous enough to sell their own child for drinking money, but the humble nature of her birth makes her a greater inspiration and heightens her achievements.

Kylo’s failure, naturally, has a different form. For him, the failure lies in the loss of Rey. He awakens to find her gone and is furious, immediately charging into what he wants to be a final battle against the Resistance. He is determined to destroy anything and everything that reminds him of his past - the weakness he had earlier told Rey to “kill” if she had to - and goes about in a chaotic and senseless fashion. Hux attempts to reign in his more outrageous and childish tactics, but Kylo is rendered stupid and short-sighted by his blind rage - when he sees the Falcon, he screams for “that piece of junk” to be blasted out of the sky. When he sees Luke, he orders every gun to fire on him before finally going out to face his uncle himself. When he fights Luke, he fights sloppily and in anger, intensely frustrated by his uncle’s ability to evade his blows. He ultimately realises that Luke is nothing but a projection, a distraction that worked all too well and allowed the Resistance the time they needed to escape. While Rey ends the film on a note of achievement, purpose and belonging, Kylo ends it solitary and acutely aware that he hasn’t got what he craved - he may be the de facto Supreme Leader of the galaxy, but it’s a hollow title and a hollow victory. The dice from the Falcon - which Luke had projected across the galaxy with him - vanish from his fingers, and he has to look up in despair as Rey gazes down at him sternly and closes the door on their connection. There is a lesson for Kylo in this - IX will be where we see what he takes from it.
@nonesuch

Again, sorry a 'like' just won't do! Nonesuch your write up of Rey and Kylo here is beautiful. I love your take on this, and you have put it so beautifully! So touching and sad how it has all played out so far.
Yeah it wasn't until this morning (a day later) that I wondered if Kylo thought Rey was going to kill him when she called the lightsaber to her after his offer. I really really want to see that scene again!!
In the moment I thought it was Rey wanting back her light saber, and Kylo wanting back his light saber.
Wow.... it could be that Kylo thought she was going to kill him, and later he'll realise that she only wanted the light saber back. I hope!
His being hyper vigilant makes sense given his background - and is a legacy of Luke's betrayal. I got the feeling he had been fighting off the world since that moment on wards and trusting no one. That is.. until the force bond when he had his little moment of openness (removing the glove and reaching out moment). Ben seems to have hidden within himself - and when he isn't interrogating, threatening, fighting or ordering- and being Kylo Ren, Ben is actually a very shy character (adorable).
So sad that Rey had to say no to his offer - hopefully when he calms down and can think again and he'll realise she wasn't saying no to him as a man, but to what went along with it. Darn Renperor! [maybe she was saying no to Kylo Ren, but would have said yes to Ben]

Loved your take on Kylo in the end of TLJ @nonesuch - he was really being tactically a dill.. which highlights just how emotional and non-logical he was being, and says a lot! Not unlike how he was at the end of TFA... Hux could see it, and despises Kylo. I think he'll be working at keeping Kylo highly emotional so he can defeat Kylo. It's Kylo's weakness, and though Snoke is no longer around (?) Hux can also exploit this - force or no force. Uh oh. [sorry I keep thinking ahead to IX - too early?!]

Now Kylo is Renperor Kylo and has 'fulfilled his destiny' to rule the galaxy (finishing what his grandfather started), and now he is also free of Snoke (temporarily or permanently I don't know), surrounded by people who would like to overthrow him- Kylo will be more alone than ever...  Kylo will get a real shock. Being alone and all powerful ain't all it's cracked up to be! What he really wants is belonging.. with Rey Smile

Okay it's very early on.. and I need to see the movie again but - does anyone think Kylo will track down Rey?
If she blocks his psychic skype maybe?
I hope there are fabulous fan fic writers already working on these stories! I can't write fiction to save my life. I'd ask in fan fic thread for Renperor fan fic recommendations but I don't want to spoil and it's maybe too early!

I think I might actually buy the novelisation for TLJ when it comes out! Any one else?
uh oh.. Sorry to ramble.. I better get off here or I'm going to go on and on.. bye! [Dee Bee steps away slowly from the computer....]

Last edited by DeeBee on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:52 pm

I think it was perfect!

Reylo + RenPeror! all I wanted!

plz someone tall me where can I find those videos from movie, which thread? I cant go to sleep without watching scenes again,
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Dec 2017, 5:54 pm

Shirtless Kylo!!! Caution wet floor hehehe
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:13 pm

Little_Boots wrote:Shirtless Kylo!!! Caution wet floor hehehe
@Little_Boots

AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it lol!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:25 pm

rawpowah wrote:The Luke vs Kylo faceoff was great, but damn did it hit me just how little Ben's family cared for him in that moment. Could have done with less Poe. BB8 scenes were pure fanservice and ridiculous at times, but I can't hate lmao.

[...]

Long live the Renperor!

@rawpowah

Yeah, I felt the same way. I was sorry for him. Looked like his family just quit him.

KrazyForKylo wrote:After all the spoilers, anxiety, back and forth here and elsewhere, I feared I might hate TLJ... I’m glad to say I loved it, all of it.

To say Renperor wasn’t a favourite theory of mine is an understatement, although I’ve read a few good Reylo fanfics with Emperor/Supreme Leader Kylo. I’m still not crazy about it but I’m OK with what happened in TLJ because it was a case of ‘careful what you wish for’ for Kylo. Nothing about his situation in the latter part of the film suggested he had found his true calling or that the conflict inside him was gone/resolved. Also, I LOVE Kylo and Hux together, not in a Kylux way but the way they hate each other so much. Hux is so gonna stage (or at least attempt) a coup against Supreme Leader Ren, and I can’t wait!

I loved the Resistance plot, Leia was magnificent (so sad Carrie isn’t here to enjoy all the acclaim from TLJ). I LOVED Finn and Rose together. Their scenes were some of my favourites in the whole movie. Holdo And DJ weren’t much more than cameos but I liked them both. I’m sad Holdo died and I do think she helped teach Poe a vital lesson in leadership.

I strongly disagree with criticisms that the main characters didn’t evolve at all in TLJ, I saw progression in Poe, Finn and Rey. It’s more complex with Kylo/Ben but he didn’t exactly end where he started. If Luke makes good his threat to haunt him and his force bond with Rey is still open, maybe he won’t be left with only Vader’s helmet for company. Plus, there’s potentially The Knights of Ren in Ep IX. If he’s known them since Luke’s Jedi training days, there must be some kinship there.

I really love Luke in TLJ. The journey he takes is just wonderful. Star Wars always boils the mystical (and the influences from eastern philosophy and such) down to its essentials. Some of Luke and Rey moments, and the lovely and funny scene with Luke and Yoda, reminded me of stories I’ve read in books about Zen Buddhism. The teachers pass on their lessons in ways the student doesn’t expect, and I think Rian captured that simply and effectively in TLJ. The deep stuff was there but most people don’t look past the surface anyway. As with Zen or the force (or anything spiritual) it’s not about seeking wisdom in dusty old books, it’s about embodying it. You don’t think you become. Luke was able to let go of the fear, anger, guilt, everything that had been weighing him down from the past, and entirely give himself over to the force. The Jedi are free to forge a new path now with Rey.

I liked some of the Rey and Kylo scenes more than others and wasn’t as wowed by the Throne Room scene as some have been, but I thought Rian did a good job of getting Reylo to a place where more people would at least see the potential, if nothing else.

I didn’t personally see FinnRey just two people with deep friendship reuniting. I didn’t see Damerey either, just two people saying hello with a respect behind it for who they are. It won’t stop shipping speculation and there’s no reason why it should. Rey and Kylo have clearly been positioned as potential lovers with connection and destiny, however it eventually plays out in Ep IX.

There is so much more I could say, but I’ll let it settle a bit and I’m seeing it again on Monday.

@KrazyForKylo

Welcome to the Love Side, the bunch of people here who actually liked the movie. It was nice to read your comment and I see I agree with many things you said. I was feeling down with some comments, as I was dumb for liking the movie. But then I read some good reviews from professionals and I felt happy again. Going to watch the movie tomorrow again!

Anakin Skywalker wrote:I think it was perfect!

Reylo + RenPeror! all I wanted!

plz someone tall me where can I find those videos from movie, which thread? I cant go to sleep without watching scenes again,
@Anakin Skywalker

Yes, I needed to see some videos too, and I saw some on Tumblr, but looks like they are being taken down. Let me see if I find some...

Videos:

Added +1 video.

Last edited by Atenais on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:35 pm

Atenais wrote:Yes, I needed to see some videos too, and I saw some on Tumblr, but looks like they are being taken down. Let me see if I find some...

Videos:
@Atenais

Thank you so much!! I was looking for this!  cheers

Ahh... the reason he killed Han WAS conversed on the shirtless scene... no wonder I don't remember anything from there
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:38 pm

I am in the theater now! Can't wait!
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:43 pm

Piper Maru wrote:Watched it again. I really admire all of you who saw something inherently beautiful and poetic about this film. To me, this movie is one of the following:

a) A terrible movie with terrible cuts edited last minute.

b) A movie "deliberately" meant to be "bad", make fun of fandom (while offending everyone at the same time) and invoke tropes, giving the sense of parody/meta but failing in providing any conclusion of its thousands of deconstructions.

The first thing I noticed is that this movie has no arcs and is an "inverse" of all the Star Wars movies. You have the same scenes played almost straight but in complete opposite minutes/themes. Rey disappears and reappears in the third act just like Poe in TFA, Poe and Rey meet just like Finn and Rey in TFA, Kylo pulls a ROTS-Anakin and AOTC-Anakin and TPM-Anakin simultaneously (a revenge machine, a lover, a lonely child). It all sounds fine and poetic on paper, but on screen it's a complete mess. Why? Because it doesn't really go anywhere and what was probably a funny commentary of the fandom habit of applying the Ring Theory, becomes... nothing.

There's also a lot of inappropriate jokes. Like. A lot. This movie is really dirty (or my mind is).

There seems to be a whole lot of "bad guys do good stuff", "good guys can be bad" poetic dialogue that doesn't match the tone of the movie at all. This movie, to me, was bordering on Black and Black Morality. I constantly felt like I was a child being chastised by my old grandpa, and the "heart of the story" (Rey and Kylo), are too. Is it deliberate? Who the hell knows.

The movie always feels the need to wax poetics about the "Light" and the "Resistance" while simultaneously making them absolutely dumb/pointless on screen. The Resistance (or Rebellion) is basically a bunch of people with zero resources who fight because... it's right. It's time for the Jedi to end but also not because Kylo Ren is evil but he can be turned but not because he is evil but not so because his Uncle Jedi tried to killed him and when he tried to kill the Jedi order a Jedi projected himself through a hologram and basically said the equivalent of "f**** you" on screen. Is it deliberate? It doesn't even matter.

There's also an overtly "biblical" tone all over the story. Everything feels rigid and controlled. People are idolized for being martyrs for no good reason (Resistence), punished for being weak (Kylo), poor (Rey)  or villified for giving in to passion (Reylo). Like, I'm alright with moral lessons, but when they don't get anywhere and the characters just screw up because the plot said so... I don't know what you're trying to do.

Luke literally beats Rey while she's training, Poe screams to Holdo and undermines her authority, Finn acts like a complete jerkass sometimes.. but Kylo, the tender guy who saves the girl is the SNAAAAAKE - when you think he's decent, he says you're literally garbage. Oh. Okay, you're trying to subvert some Nice Guys Finish Last cliché, right? No, you're not, because it doesn't really go anywhere. Oh, you're also trying to imply that women should be stronger. Except that by the end, Rey still is trying to save everyone but herself, she cries all the time, Holdo kills herself for the greater good (that nobody knows what it is), Rose is a Manic Pixie Dream Girl who likes space horses or whatever because they're captured by the FO etc. Leia? She flies with the Force and suspends all suspension of disbelief in the Galaxy Far Far Away and ours. This kind of EDGY statement for the sake of art/shock/fun/trolling really makes no sense to me and I hated how the female characters were treated on screen. I don't need to be lectured when I'm on the theater and I certainly don't pay 20 bucks for it.

Also, I think this movie openly mocks fandom culture and insults every single faction of the fandom. At the beginning, you think "oh, hahaha, it's a running gag" and then all of a sudden the movie is telling you that your favorite stuffed animal/ship/Snoke theory is garbage and that you're an idiot. And then it leaves it at that and the joke falls flat, because there's nothing more to it. The movie constantly tries to be smarter than its audience and it fails completely.

Maybe the statement of this movie is "stop fighting each other in fandom because Star Wars is about hope and not war and extremes blablablaba" or "this is a proof that there's no way to surprise an audience in SW" or "we tried to manipulate you into the mindset/mood of the character who is the POV - and changes all the time - so you can feel completely hopeless and find a light in Episode IX", but if this was the motivation of this movie, I don't even know what to say.

I may appear salty, but I'm actually laughing out loud. Maybe I'm a a cynic. Maybe I'm going to pull a Kylo Random Roaring Rampage of Revenge for the lulz. Maybe I'm just trolling at this point because everyone else is.

PS: Reylo is canon and it was the most beautiful thing in the movie, because it was the only thing that made sense and people cared about. I don't even remember what happened in 2/3 of the movie because nothing makes sense and the movie tries so hard to be a "critical piece" that critiques absolutely nothing and makes you completely bored.
@Piper Maru

THIS. All of THIS.

The very reason why I left the theaters frustrated and even kinda angry. Rian overtly mocked the fandom during the entire movie.

Expected Luke to be on the island for a big reason?

Rian: Yes! To die...and he will...

Me: So searching for him during an entire movie was useless?
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 94xnwf10

Theorized about big revelation behind Rey's parentage?

Rian: Those Reysky, those ReyKenobi, those ReyPalpatine! They'll never guess because...
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Ib111

Me (learning that Rey's parents were simple scavengers who dumped her for food): Oh! Okay...No problem! After all, J.J. said she is a Cinderella. I am fine with this.
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Giphy38

Also me (in the backward of my mind): But Colin said that he had to practice how to answer that question so this is maybe not the complete answer...
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Giphy36

Theorized about big revelation behind Ben's emotional backstory?

Rian: I want the audience to relate to Kylo...but no way I mention Snoke's early manipulation, Han and Leia's neglecting behavior and Ben's relationship with Luke. Kylo Ren was born only after Luke's assassination attempt and in fact he had already turned! Can't reveal anything wrong about belove OT because fanboys will hate it!
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Too_fa10

Me:
[edit]

Theorized about big revelations behind Snoke's backstory?

Rian: Your Snoke theories (You Snoke theorists) all suck because I f****ing don't care who he is and you will never know (because I don't even don't know who he is and nobody in LF f****ing ever knew what to do with him you)
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Evil-l10

Me:
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Simba-10

Theorized about age old mysteries unlocking?

Rian: I wanna reveal that the Force is about living Force connecting every living things in a natural balance
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Giphy25

Me: Like I wouldn't already know that at all...
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Qxyzg10

Also me (thinking of Qui-Gon talking about midichlorians in Episode I)
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 R4p6q10

Rian: I don't give a s***! Don't wanna lose my time explaining to the audience the origins of the Force (and I have f****ing no idea what age-old shocking mystery to reveal). Let's simply burn the f****ing Force Tree and the f****ing old Jedi texts without revealing anything...and Master Yoda f****ing approving it!!!
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Louise10

Me:
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 85510

Theorized about a high stake for the entire galaxy ?

Rian: f****ing don't care. My movie is all about space battles with bad guys chasing good guys for no other reasons than killing each other. I don't f****ing care about the motives and the general context in the galaxy. I f****ing care about Snoke's motives, I f****ing don't care about Kylo's motives, I f****ing don't care about the motives of anybody in my f****ing movie. Oh! Btw, women mostly stand for the right and motives and decisions whereas men mostly stand for selfish and bad motives and decisions
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Giphy37

Me:
[edit]

When TLJ ends:

Rian: Be happy! My 2h30 hours f****ing good movie gave you an amazing answer about Rey's parentage! See you in two years!
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Firsth10

P.S. from Rian: I made fanservice with an useless shirtless scene, just to make fun of the ovaries of the Reylos and  the nerves the Antis exploding...but I make sure that the end to show Kylo as an emo pathetic child letting himself stupidly fooled by his uncle in the most humiliating way in order to please the fanboys

LF:
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Giphy24

Me:
The Last Jedi: Our Reviews and Reactions - Page 11 Anigif10

Last edited by Darth Rowan on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:11 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : removed gifs containing profanity)
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm

shii405 wrote:
Atenais wrote:Yes, I needed to see some videos too, and I saw some on Tumblr, but looks like they are being taken down. Let me see if I find some...

Videos:
@Atenais

Ahh... the reason he killed Han WAS conversed on the shirtless scene... no wonder I don't remember anything from there
@shii405

So you will like this post. To think that some didn't like this scene. cyclops
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:53 pm

I chuckled at the scene where Snoke berates Kylo for losing to a girl who never held a lightsaber before, and playing dress-up with the mask. It was like the movie was saying, "yes yes yes we know your bitching about wimpy!Kylo in TFA. It was all deliberate! Get it? Get it?" Worked perfectly well in-verse as well.

I think the only moment that rubbed me wrong in Rey and Kylo's interactions was when she says "I feel the conflict in you" in the elevator scene (paraphrasing). I thought Daisy's delivery was a tad too self-conscious, like she knows she's making a reference to the famous RotJ line of dialogue between Luke and Vader.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:54 pm

I really need a full cut of Rey and Kylo's story arcs in this movie. Their scenes together and separate. To me those were the best parts of the movie. Hopefully someone makes one once the full movie appears online lol.

@Atenais Seriously it made me mad. They gave up on Ben without even giving him a chance. Leia was sitting there in that cave watching her brother take on her only son like no big deal. And she doesn't even know Luke tried to kill her son. Did Luke just let everyone believe what Han said happened to the temple in TFA? I wish we had had a scene to get some kind of idea about how Leia feels having to fight her own son. At least we know Kylo is conflicted about her. Maybe that kind of scene would have been better suited for IX? The Skywalkers are a mess, and I hope Ben finds happiness with Rey in IX and they do their own thing (without the pressure of legacy).

I can't even blame Kylo for wanting to wipe out everything Laughing . The scene with Broom kid at the end was like some glorification of Luke and the Resistance that totally jarred with what we had seen before in the movie, like how both the FO and the Resistance were buying weapons from the same people (DJ and Finn scene).

rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Thu 14 Dec 2017, 6:59 pm

shii405 wrote:

Videos:
@Atenais

@shii405

THANK YOU, saved my evening )))
is there any chance I will find leaked script too? I have feeling I missed many things, I was "high" with all these reylo scenes )))
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 14 Dec 2017, 7:01 pm

Wasn't there a leak before that said TLJ would end with Rey emotionally wounded and feeling hopeless?

Well it looks like she did. Emotionally wounded because she realized Ben's path was different, and maybe that left her hopeless, as well as Luke's death.

Also, I can't help but wonder on the imagery at the last Forcebond scene where Kylo is kneeling as he looks up at Rey. It's probably nothing, but I'd like to think it's such a submissive position and it could foreshadow Ben submitting to Rey in Ep. 9

I'm still at a point where I feel a little sore from watching TLJ, so I have to stop myself from creating headcanons and predictions for Ep 9. But I'll probably have more predictions after watching it again tomorrow.

@Atenais beautiful review! Thanks for reminding us of the positive side of this movie. It left me asking a lot of questions, but I agree that the movie answered the important points and didn't linger on them too long, especially the Force. Sometimes I wonder why I and some of us here saw the movie in a negative way, yet the critics are raving so much about it. Then again we did spend 2 years just speculating and discussing indepth. It sorta feels like studying for an exam, reading 20 books cover to cover, but the exam only includes a few chapters.

I guess I'm satisfied by the way it makes me feel so uneasy? Because here's to hoping that Ep 9 resolves all this romantic drama!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Thu 14 Dec 2017, 7:17 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:@Atenais beautiful review! Thanks for reminding us of the positive side of this movie. It left me asking a lot of questions, but I agree that the movie answered the important points and didn't linger on them too long, especially the Force. Sometimes I wonder why I and some of us here saw the movie in a negative way, yet the critics are raving so much about it. Then again we did spend 2 years just speculating and discussing indepth. It sorta feels like studying for an exam, reading 20 books cover to cover, but the exam only includes a few chapters.

I guess I'm satisfied by the way it makes me feel so uneasy? Because here's to hoping that Ep 9 resolves all this romantic drama!
@Rei of Sunshine

It makes me happy to see you liked my review, thank you. ♥️

I was thinking about that, maybe, because I've not being a shipper for too long, with very high expectations, I could enjoy the movie better. I hope I don't change my attitude much in the next 2 years.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnneNeville Thu 14 Dec 2017, 7:22 pm

I'm in my seat for the 8:30 showing of TLJ. Hubby was tired, so I'm my own date. I'll let you know my reactions once I've digested the film.
AnneNeville
AnneNeville
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:30 pm

I'm baaaaaack. My quick review.

I loved it- but can see why people don't.
It does seem like Rey changed her perception of him pretty quickly. For us, we know that from the time he took off his mask she was all, Helloooooo! But I feel like maybe, maybe they should have had one more Force Bond scene. I see though she was super vulnerable after the mirror and the scene cut to them already talking....so they could have been talking for hours for all we know.

Loved Kylo running and skidding into the hallway after the first Force Bond and looking around.
He looked HOT in this movie but especially all pouty with Snoke- and then when Snoke p*ssed him off and he took a step to him- aw yeah.
I still don't understand the different hair lengths for him.
Leia flying through the air was- dumb. They could have done that better.
Carrie's acting seemed to improve as the movie went on.  Her giving up on Ben was heartbreaking.
I cried when Luke died.
Paige and Holdo are bad asses. I really liked Holdo.
Leia's last line was good.
Luke shutting himself from the Force explains why he didn't sense Han's death.
Rey was really brave up against Snoke.
The dice. The diiiiiiiice.
Kylo's last scene.....wow.
Kylo was coming completely unhinged at the end.
Loved Luke and Yoda. Them talking about the student surpassing the master and it applying to Kylo/Snoke as well.

I did leave feeling a bit sad that Luke died. I know he will be back but seeing him and Yoda was such a great shot of nostalgia.

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:39 pm

Okay....I am playing devils advocate here,but am I the only one who was mad at Rey for reaching for the lightsabre after Kylo made his offer? She could have simply said no, but instead she reaches for the Censored lightsabre! Why oh why didnt she just talk to him!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:01 pm

I've been sitting here in bed thinking about the film and I gotta be honest. I felt this film was paced badly. It jumped way too quickly from A to B to C ....the feeling I have about it is almost like....you're watching an adaptation of a book and while watching it you find yourself saying "they cut out the best part"!! Now that makes no sense because its not an adaptation but something felt missing, it felt rushed. At the start Rey hates Kylo....then boom....wants to turn him to the light. I want so much to say otherwise but I honestly can't. I was expecting something with more depth. Now that is just my opinion, sometimes you can watch a film abd well its just not the right night, then rewatch it and then its cool so maybe a second round is due. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it was bad it wasn't! The scene with Yoda actually slowed stuff down for a brief moment. I just felt it was rushed to death!
I know the prequels are cheesy as can be but in my opinion they were paced well! I have to give George kudos for that.
Another thing....being on a forum for the good part of 2 years reading about what to expect etc will most likely leave over the top expectations. You're basically sowing the imaginary "book" plot or whatever in your head within a big gap of time. So for hard core fans, active forum users etc maybe that has some part to play to an extent at least. We've discussed for 2 years, to finally sit for a mere 2 and a half hours. So yeah, probs that too. Lol

Last edited by Little_Boots on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:03 pm

Aaannnnñnddddd after a quick glance back. Seems I am not alone >_>
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:11 pm

Sigh. I wish I have some passion for this movie, be it love or hate but I don't. It was...there so I'm indifferent. Despite a major thing happening (Renperor) it felt like a filler, like they were biding time til the finale.

I adore Rian Johnson as a person but this didn't have any of his real life energy. It was unengaging, not boring but kind of distant. Also, for all the talk about big themes such as blurring the lines between good and evil, balance, etc, I was wondering if I was watching a different cut. Wouldn't know that TLJ was supposed to be about all that if they didn't tell me in interviews. It seems to me that the ending was good vs evil rather than something about coexistence. Rey and Kylo having feelings for each other despite everything is more of a fluke than something that could radically alter the future. In short, the movie they were selling in the trailer was way better than what we ended up with.

moreover, all the mythical stuff that was promised served absolutely no purpose. Books? Nobody read from them. Tree? One visit and it was burned. The Mirror Cave...lol. I guess that was supposed to be Jungian but whatever the point is it is lost on me.

Rey training was redundant. Exposition was awful. So many words said so little. And no one getting to the point of how exactly Snoke corrupted Ben. I guess that Aftermath Empire's End is the answer just like how Holdo's weird look is just there, read the book if you want to know. For some reason they don't think it's important that we know how it really happened. For some reason they think Kylo's motivations and the process of corruption should remain mysterious beyond that he misread Luke's moment of weakness as a full assassination attempt (we see both his and Luke's POV).

Force Bond was great - sometimes funny always gripping, sometimes fully sensual. The hand touch is an all timer.

I don't think that the movie will have as good WOM as TFA cause of Renperor. People cheered when Kylo killed Snoke and when Rey tossed him the blue saber and he killed that guard with it. They want him to get redeemed. Renperor is not going to play that well with the audience that hoped for something different (and logically he shouldn't have become the Renperor).

I have a beef with Luke projection facing Kylo while his mother was there. It should have been his mom stepping outside. I understand why Luke was there cause he "created" Kylo but it was still a missed opportunity. Instead of a real emotional reunion we got astral mumbo jumbo. It;s a cool thing on paper and on the surface but when you think about it, not so much. Still, I do think that Kylo/Luke was surprisingly emotional cause actors play each other so well and Adam is spectacular in the movie.

canto Bight was, like, 10 min altogether tops so I don't get the hate. If something dragged, that was the Resistance being chased. Space battles are not thrilling anymore and this movie had, like, 5,6. Inter-Resistance conflict was totally forced and lasted for about 10 min all things considered.

Phasma had another useless scene cause they needed some action. Good to see she died. Like, why the heck they hyped that in previews?

Finn and Rose were lovely and I especially loved when she saved him form his attempt to take out the big gun and die trying.

All creatures were useless save fathiers. Foxes ex machina were stupid.

terrible dialog. Exposition, exposition, lame joke, exposition exposition.

I couldn't care for anyone really except Kylo. His last look wrecked me more than scenes that were supposed to be emotional. There's just something about him that speaks so much with just eyes, lips. He feels real not like a stock character.

Hux almost in tears that Snoke was cut in half. lol!

Shirtless Kylo didn't cover himself! cheers

LOL reading too much into Poe welcoming Rey and introducing himself. I saw people freak out cause Grace Randolf concluded that meant he was not gay. Like, how do you gauge someone's sexuality from "Hi, I'm Poe"? Like, seriously.

BroomBoi was cheesy and not in a good way.

The movie needed way more Rey and Kylo, mythology and history of Kylo/Snoke, much less everything else and no Renperor.

vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:15 pm

For the first 30 - 45 mins. I was bored. I sat and thought "oh my god. I'm bored. Stop it! You can't be bored" i know i know i said it was awesome. It had its moments, but as a whole. It lacked :'(

Luke going wasn't sad. He'll be apart of the Force forever! Its actually rather lovely I think, nice exit for dear Luke! Beautiful exit!

Last edited by Little_Boots on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:18 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Okay....I am playing devils advocate here,but am I the only one who was mad at Rey for reaching for the lightsabre after Kylo made his offer? She could have simply said no, but instead she reaches for the Censored lightsabre! Why oh why didnt she just talk to him!
@motherofpearl1

It made sense to me because Kylo has overpowered her with the force before and taken her against her will. She wasn’t going risk it and could probably sense how close he was to the edge. The moment was too emotionally charged for a ‘let’s sit down and talk about this’ chat. He wanted her badly and she understandably wasn’t going to risk him just taking what he wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:23 pm

motherofpearl1 wrote:Okay....I am playing devils advocate here,but am I the only one who was mad at Rey for reaching for the lightsabre after Kylo made his offer? She could have simply said no, but instead she reaches for the Censored  lightsabre! Why oh why didnt she just talk to him!
@motherofpearl1

I hated it too, and the answer is simple: they wanted to write plot twist after plot twist even if they don't make sense at all to the story. In this case, it's so... absurd, because they're kind of friends now? They have a bond, and they touch hands, and talk about each other eyes and whisper sensually near each other's mouths in elevators... But when it comes to ACTUALLY talking... There's nothing? O-kay.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next