Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+72
Gemlake
Ynqve
LadyHa
Blood Moon
nickandnora
Teo oswald
lauvamp
giaciak2
Kyla Ren
Starliteprism
Riri
twilekempire
12 Parsnips
Moonjump05
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
Darth Rowan
Let The Past Die
MyOnlyHope
teltaru
cherrylipstick
Tex
adamdrivershair
special_cases
Acritiqua
Lily Snape
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
kroi
Night Huntress
Lucina
Xylo Ren
ReyloSpanishFan
snufkin
Kylo Rey
rey09
SkyStar
EchoBase
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Cowgirlsamurai
SanghaRen
thescavenger
Irina de France
Saracene
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
californiagirl
TheLastJedi
shii405
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
MeadowofAshes
whisperingwillow
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Rei of Sunshine
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Atenais
Mana
Birdwoman
unicorn
BenRey
CienaRee
Little_Boots
DarthRen
reylo1992
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
vaderito
76 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 11 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by californiagirl Mon 08 Jan 2018, 4:57 pm

People beat me to the transcription! It's a Japanese video with bits from all the cast members, including Adam, who says that there are answers for everything here, and that nothing is arbitrary, even if you don't see it the first time. Smile
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:10 pm

Kessel wrote:She certainly makes a point of saying Rey and Poe, but what was the question? Was it about Poe specifically or romantic love in general?
@Kessel

According to Google Translate Laughing, it's something about love at first sight so I think it's specifically about Poe.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:12 pm

Kessel wrote:She certainly makes a point of saying Rey and Poe, but what was the question? Was it about Poe specifically or romantic love in general?
@Kessel
The question was specifically about Rey and Poe's first meeting in TLJ and whether or not any romance could unfold between them in the future. It was published in an article today way before this video surfaced.

It is a very stock answer. Daisy doesn't actually seem to know the plot of IX yet so we can't definitively call this a "debunk", but she makes her opinion on a Rey and Poe romance very clear, lol. She certainly doesn't see a chance for anything romantic between them in the future. Just like Finn, they're only friends.

She's obviously trying to steer people in the right direction just like with Rey Skywalker. That doesn't mean this will change anything, but neither did Daisy's constant statements about Rey's story being all about progress and the family she chooses rather than her fixation on her past.

FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:12 pm

californiagirl wrote:People beat me to the transcription! It's a Japanese video with bits from all the cast members, including Adam, who says that there are answers for everything here, and that nothing is arbitrary, even if you don't see it the first time. Smile
@californiagirl

Oh my gosh I love that! Gee I wonder what in the heck Adam is talking about...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:18 pm

IoJovi wrote:
californiagirl wrote:People beat me to the transcription! It's a Japanese video with bits from all the cast members, including Adam, who says that there are answers for everything here, and that nothing is arbitrary, even if you don't see it the first time. Smile
@californiagirl

@IoJovi

Is there a good link on this? Some people have seen it, others can't.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:27 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@californiagirl

@IoJovi

Is there a good link on this? Some people have seen it, others can't.
@SoloSideCousin

It was posted in a twitter link on this page or the previous one, but I couldn’t get it to play. I do love the transcriptions coming out of it...

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:31 pm

Sleemo posted the video of Daisy talking about Rey and Poe on tumblr

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/169480802407/daisy-ridley-mtime-daisy-discusses-whether-there
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:40 pm

@Moonlight13 and @FrolickingFizzgig - thanks guys! It makes sense the question would be specifically about Poe and that's what I figured, but I just wanted to confirm since I couldn't read the actual question and she just goes right into her answer. Smile
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:48 pm

whisperingwillow wrote:Sleemo posted the video of Daisy talking about Rey and Poe on tumblr

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/post/169480802407/daisy-ridley-mtime-daisy-discusses-whether-there
@whisperingwillow

This is not a debunk. This is misdirection, deception, lies, NDA protection and Khaaaan.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:54 pm

I have a feeling we'll get confirmation on "Reylo is definitely the central romance" by the time TLJ novel and Bluray commentary/making featurettes comes out, so we'll see...
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 08 Jan 2018, 5:57 pm

shii405 wrote:I have a feeling we'll get confirmation on "Reylo is definitely the central romance" by the time TLJ novel and Bluray commentary/making featurettes comes out, so we'll see...
@shii405

They haven’t said those exact words, but Rian has confirmed in several interviews now there is a romantic element between them that’s not platonic. Mark Hamill said the same thing a day after TLJ’s release. Adam Driver play acted a make out session with Reylo dolls with Stephen Colbert. They’re definitely not hiding it.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 08 Jan 2018, 6:27 pm

IoJovi wrote:
shii405 wrote:I have a feeling we'll get confirmation on "Reylo is definitely the central romance" by the time TLJ novel and Bluray commentary/making featurettes comes out, so we'll see...
@shii405

They haven’t said those exact words, but Rian has confirmed in several interviews now there is a romantic element between them that’s not platonic. Mark Hamill said the same thing a day after TLJ’s release. Adam Driver play acted a make out session with Reylo dolls with Stephen Colbert. They’re definitely not hiding it.

@IoJovi
I remember Mark in that clip was *about* to say sexual like "seh....romantic tension" lmao. Reylo is here to stay. As Mark said, girls always go for the bad boys like his naughtyy nephew. You don't have adam driver play a dangerous dreamboat for nothin' nopee

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv Mon 08 Jan 2018, 7:09 pm

vaderito wrote:
whisperingwillow wrote:Sleemo posted the video of Daisy talking about Rey and Poe on tumblr

@whisperingwillow

This is not a debunk. This is misdirection, deception, lies, NDA protection and Khaaaan.
@vaderito

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 11 1378722
Geralt_Riv
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 08 Jan 2018, 9:02 pm

I just told my husband, who also saw TLJ two times, that people are saying Rey and Kylo are purely platonic.....his expression.....Are you F***ing kidding me? LOL!
Though, he isn't so sure that he will be redeemed, which we disagree on and he thinks I am crazy about the sexual awakening symbolism I see in the movie. But I know he will come around because he did not believe me about reylo in TFA until we owned the dvd.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 08 Jan 2018, 9:09 pm

Poe would be like the stable but boring/sensible guy the heroine thinks she should settle down with in every romcom and Lifetime/Hallmark Channel ever.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 08 Jan 2018, 9:31 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 11 Screen15
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 08 Jan 2018, 10:11 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 11 Screen15
@ISeeAnIsland

OMG, does she nail it here! I am glad to see the "surrogate son" thing getting out to the mainstream.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Mon 08 Jan 2018, 10:24 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

I know this tweet is supposed to be funny... but it just makes me feel sad... It's sad that this is actually a real thing for a lot of people yet when it comes to Kylo Ren, it's just a gag.

It's as if it's the kid's fault that his parents don't care about him that much. Just because he can't be the way they want him to be. Really says alot about the Baby Boomer generation. I can honestly relate, not with the surrogate child thing, but with parental expectations and not being able to meet them.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 08 Jan 2018, 10:30 pm

Even if it never gets touched on in the films, having seen the full backstory, that just makes me more sad about how Leia surrounds herself with substitute children in Bloodline. And meanwhile her son was farmed off to her brother for less than altrustic reasons and he ends up waking up to finding said brother contemplating murdering him in his sleep.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 08 Jan 2018, 10:54 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

I know this tweet is supposed to be funny... but it just makes me feel sad... It's sad that this is actually a real thing for a lot of people yet when it comes to Kylo Ren, it's just a gag.

It's as if it's the kid's fault that his parents don't care about him that much. Just because he can't be the way they want him to be. Really says alot about the Baby Boomer generation. I can honestly relate, not with the surrogate child thing, but with parental expectations and not being able to meet them.
@Rei of Sunshine

I suspect that quite a few of us with baby boomer parents can relate (I know the "not being what your parents expect" is the #1 thing that's drawn me to Kylo).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:00 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@Rei of Sunshine

I suspect that quite a few of us with baby boomer parents can relate (I know the "not being what your parents expect" is the #1 thing that's drawn me to Kylo).
@ISeeAnIsland

Totally. I was not the girl my parents wanted me to be. They love me of course, but I was guilt tripped big time as a kid/teen for not being in to the things that they wanted me to be in to. My mom constantly compared me to my peers and what they liked or were successful at. It was hell. We get along as adults as long as we don’t talk about certain topics, but she’s already pressuring me to put my kids in to the same activities that she put my bros and I in. Ahh! I’ll let my kids do/like what they want.
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:08 am

That's the other thing about reading Claudia Grey's novels, Leia Princess of Alderaan gave you a sense of what Leia's upbringing was like. Which you suspect is what was imposed on Ben and probably not suitable for his temperament/powers, which how the mess with Luke ended up happening. And guess we'll see soon enough from the movie whatever backstory they've come up for how Han grew up and became an adult (probably why he got overruled in child raising).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:38 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 11 Screen69(x)
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:39 am

rey09 wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
@shii405

They haven’t said those exact words, but Rian has confirmed in several interviews now there is a romantic element between them that’s not platonic.  Mark Hamill said the same thing a day after TLJ’s release.  Adam Driver play acted a make out session with Reylo dolls with Stephen Colbert.  They’re definitely not hiding it.

@IoJovi
I remember Mark in that clip was *about* to say sexual like "seh....romantic tension" lmao. Reylo is here to stay. As Mark said, girls always go for the bad boys like his naughtyy nephew. You don't have adam driver play a dangerous dreamboat for nothin' nopee
@"rey09”

When I saw that quote from Mark about how the bad boys always get the girl, I couldn’t help but think of the Luke-Leia-Han love triangle that really was set up in IV before they settled on the Han/Leia dynamic and made Luke and Leia siblings.  Mark said stuff in the past (way before the ST) about wanting Luke to go Dark and wanting Luke to have a girlfriend.  New generation, same story—and back in the day, Mark played the good guy who lost the girl to the Dangerous Dreamboat.  Smile

snufkin wrote:Poe would be like the stable but boring/sensible guy the heroine thinks she should settle down with in every romcom and Lifetime/Hallmark Channel ever.
@snufkin

Poe would also be the husband who watches ESPN all weekend. Kylo is the one who would be Dungeon Master for some endless game of D&D. Smile. Search your feelings—you know it to be true. Wink

Last edited by Lily Snape on Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 09 Jan 2018, 12:40 am

snufkin wrote:That's the other thing about reading Claudia Grey's novels, Leia Princess of Alderaan gave you a sense of what Leia's upbringing was like. Which you suspect is what was imposed on Ben and probably not suitable for his temperament/powers, which how the mess with Luke ended up happening. And guess we'll see soon enough from the movie whatever backstory they've come up for how Han grew up and became an adult (probably why he got overruled in child raising).
@snufkin

I got the sense Leia had great parents - Bail & Breha were always there for her- that's why she noticed when they suddenly had other priorities.
I hope we get more of Leia/Ben backstory once all movies are out. My opinion of Leia as a mother couldn't get worse at the moment and I hope they change that to the better because I loved Leia from the OT. That feisty, bossy intelligent woman who risked everything to save the ones she loved...and not just for the greater good.

Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next