Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+72
Gemlake
Ynqve
LadyHa
Blood Moon
nickandnora
Teo oswald
lauvamp
giaciak2
Kyla Ren
Starliteprism
Riri
twilekempire
12 Parsnips
Moonjump05
Dar-ren19
DeeBee
Darth Rowan
Let The Past Die
MyOnlyHope
teltaru
cherrylipstick
Tex
adamdrivershair
special_cases
Acritiqua
Lily Snape
Geralt_Riv
MindAndMagic
kroi
Night Huntress
Lucina
Xylo Ren
ReyloSpanishFan
snufkin
Kylo Rey
rey09
SkyStar
EchoBase
IoJovi
Darth_Awakened
FrolickingFizzgig
Cowgirlsamurai
SanghaRen
thescavenger
Irina de France
Saracene
Kessel
SoloSideCousin
californiagirl
TheLastJedi
shii405
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
MeadowofAshes
whisperingwillow
Piper Maru
Reylo Lemon
Rei of Sunshine
Moonlight13
Armadeus
Atenais
Mana
Birdwoman
unicorn
BenRey
CienaRee
Little_Boots
DarthRen
reylo1992
ISeeAnIsland
ZioRen
vaderito
76 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SheLitAFire Mon 22 Jan 2018, 7:16 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:Domhnall Gleeson gave an update on Episode IX. https://mobile.twitter.com/Variety/status/955525739478003712
@Kylo Rey

He is such a doll. If I had to guess, Adam is probably the only one who knows his character’s story from start to finish, and possibly Daisy.

@IoJovi

I knew Star Wars was all improv! I just knew it! ROFL

I totally agree @Saracene

I'm thinking Adam is the only one who knows about their arc. Sounds like Daisy has been told maybe some minor things but idk. Then there's freakin Oscar: "nah, don't kill me off" JJ: "you got it!"
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 22 Jan 2018, 7:20 pm

Kylo Rey wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
Kylo Rey wrote:Domhnall Gleeson gave an update on Episode IX. https://mobile.twitter.com/Variety/status/955525739478003712
@Kylo Rey

He is such a doll.  If I had to guess, Adam is probably the only one who knows his character’s story from start to finish, and possibly Daisy.  

@IoJovi

Someone on Reddit made an interesting post about this. So the first time Adam talked about his involvement in Star Wars was in August 2014. He said something really interesting that may now have taken on a new meaning after TFA & TLJ. “When you break all of those things down, really it”s just because someone wasn”t loved enough or felt betrayed,” he continued. “That”s what makes those movies so universal. I think they can get in your mind in big and sweeping ways.”

http://uproxx.com/hitfix/adam-driver-breaks-his-silence-on-starring-in-star-wars-episode-vii/

Could be reaching, but this seems specific to Kylo Ren (not feeling loved enough by Han and Leia) and what Kylo felt was Luke's betrayal in TLJ. Adam has constantly talked about how Kylo felt neglected and abandoned by his parents and didn't receive enough love (he said this not long before TLJ released too). He was talking in a generic SW sense but I think he spilled some details about Kylo that we obviously wouldn't understand at the time. It looks like he did know his story arc through TLJ, at least.

@Saracene Rian said that he found Hux the most fun to write and it really showed Very Happy
@Kylo Rey

Wow that IS an interesting thing to say from a guy who’s character experienced exactly that, which was shown in both TFA and TLJ. Still, I guess it couldn’t be considered n outright slip since Anakin felt those things too, but I’d still argue that it wasn’t as strongly as Kylo. It makes me wonder what other things we’ll find “after the fact.”
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 22 Jan 2018, 11:01 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Screen73
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:55 am

Riri wrote:Thanks guys! I went into TLJ not caring about any of the ships but came out absolutely HOOKED. I can safely say i've been obsessed ever since
@Riri

Me too flower

welcome aboard from a fellow newbie!
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:06 am

Is there a fanfic thread btw? I've been reading reylo fanfic I will admit.... lol... and I need some suggestions for really good ones. I've loved reading Unbidden, btw. Sorry if I'm not supposed to write about it.
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Tue 23 Jan 2018, 2:42 am

Dar-ren19 wrote:Is there a fanfic thread btw? I've been reading reylo fanfic I will admit.... lol... and I need some suggestions for really good ones. I've loved reading Unbidden, btw. Sorry if I'm not supposed to write about it.
@Dar-ren19

There is a regular thread and an 18+ thread in the Cloud City section:

http://reylo.skyforum.net/f5-cloud-city

Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Tue 23 Jan 2018, 12:45 pm

@Moonjump05 thanks so much Smile
Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 23 Jan 2018, 1:00 pm

"George Lucas wouldn't want Rey to end up with a bad guy like Kylo after everything he's done! Besides, I have 40 years' worth of canon lore to back up my interpretation that the most logical outcome is that he will end up dead at the ST and she'll be a strong independent heroine for the Resistance. Besides, what type of message would this send to little girls?"

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Captur23

Strange Magic: George Lucas’ Quietly Revolutionary Take On Love

In the Enchanted Kingdom, there are two fairy princesses: the elder, Marianne, and the younger, Dawn. Marianne is set to marry the handsome fairy soldier, Roland. But when she finds him cheating on her, she swears off love completely and chooses to become a lone warrior, defending her realm. Lucas has said that he wanted this film to be an inspiration for young girls, and in Marianne he has given us a strong, independent character who nevertheless maintains her caring attitude. Online parental reviews seem to indicate that Lucas has indeed won the hearts of many young female viewers. Certainly my own daughter frequently roleplays as Marianne, both singing her songs and mimicking her fights.

The other kingdom in this fantastical world is the Dark Forest, ruled over by the Bog King. Having failed to find love himself, the Bog King has banned love within his kingdom and imprisoned the Sugar Plum Fairy, the only creature who can make love potions. When someone steals a love potion from under the Bog King’s nose, he snatches Marianne’s younger sister, Dawn, and decrees that he’ll only give her back in return for the potion, which he plans to destroy. From this point on ensues fighting, banter, various people falling in love—and, of course, plenty of singing.

The central love story is that between Marianne and the Bog King. Marianne’s attempted rescue of her sister brings the two of them into close conflict—yet even as they fight, they come to realise they have more in common than they ever imagined. When we learn the true story of why the Bog King couldn’t find love, it paves the way for the moment we all saw coming—the Bog King and Marianne getting together

At the end of the movie, the Bog King is not outwardly transformed by Marianne’s love for him; his appearance isn’t changed by any magic spell. Instead, both Marianne and the Bog King maintain their looks and their love. The message in Strange Magic is one that movies like Shrek fall short of presenting: that differences in outward physical appearances really are irrelevant—a fairy can fall in love with a creature that looks like a cross between a grasshopper and a praying mantis, and no magic spell is needed to make that love any more acceptable, convincing, or real.

When George Lucas said: “Everyone deserves to be loved, and they deserved to be loved no matter what they are, or what they look like,” in discussing this film, he truly meant it. Strange Magic is the result of this philosophy, and expresses it wholeheartedly. For that reason, despite being a complete flop at the box office and given virtually no marketing from the Disney or Touchstone team, this film really deserves some reconsideration, and should be counted as a cult classic that children and families might discover and judge for themselves for years to come.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Tue 23 Jan 2018, 5:27 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 3b53ae62-0df0-4e18-a4dc-ca4a5926e2bf
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:41 am

This is *kind* of social media (for whatever reason Medium pushed it to me via a newsletter I get for web design articles), but interesting in the context of the discussions about what is and supposedly isn't feminist when it comes to Rey, depictions of female characters, and attitudes about sexuality when it comes to film. Most interesting part of it? Written by Padme herself as her speech for the Women's March this past weekend. Her larger point being that  f**d up attitudes about sex driven by the patriarchy means that women/female characters are treated as the passive recipients of the male gaze/desire. And in her experience, in order to both protect and claim agency for herself meant taking on a persona which cut off those parts of herself that could be vulnerable to that type of treatment/threats. Basically the argument about how a female character (such as Rey) is somehow radical for not having her femininity, sexuality, and relationships be part of her story and coming of age frequently has as much to do with oppressing women as it does with liberating them. And given the experiences she discussed in her speech about navigating these issues when she was going through adolescence and development herself, she self-censored both her roles and public persona to protect herself from misogyny.

tl:dr - The "she should be strong and independent" or "no love interest" argument have much of their roots in what she describes below, which was having to censor herself and her characters to protect herself against sexualization/harassment as well as adopting a socially 'acceptable' persona of being the 'right' type of young woman in order to gain peoples' respect/listening to her. Spoiler alert - that's not feminism or being feminist, that's having to deal with the Patriarchy.

That Obscure Subject of Desire

Natalie Portman wrote: I keep hearing a particular gripe about this cultural shift, and maybe you have too. Some people have been calling this movement Puritanical or a return to Victorian values, where men can’t behave or speak sexually around dainty, delicate, fragile women. To these people I want to say:

The current system is Puritanical. Maybe men can say and do whatever they want, but women cannot. The current system inhibits women from expressing our desires, wants and needs, from seeking our pleasure. Let me tell you about my own experience:

I turned 12 on the set of my first film, The Professional, in which I played a young girl who befriends a hitman and hopes to avenge the murder of her family by a corrupt DEA officer. The character is simultaneously discovering and developing her womanhood, her desire, and her voice. At that moment in my life, I, too, was discovering my own womanhood, my own desire, and my own voice.

I was so excited, at 13, when the film was released and my work and my art would have a human response. I excitedly opened my first fan mail, to read a rape fantasy a man had written to me. A countdown was started on my local radio show to my 18th birthday, euphemistically the date I would be legal to sleep with. Movie reviewers talked about my “budding breasts” in reviews. I understood very quickly, even as a 13-year-old, that if I were to express myself sexually, I would feel unsafe, and that men would feel entitled to discuss and objectify my body, to my great discomfort.

I quickly adjusted my behavior. I rejected any role that even had a kissing scene, and talked about that choice deliberately in interviews. I emphasized my bookishness and seriousness and cultivated a way of public dressing that was stereotypically “elegant and refined.” I built a reputation for basically being prudish, conservative, nerdy and serious — in an attempt to feel that my body was safe and my voice would be listened to.

At 13 years old, the message from our culture was clear to me. I felt the need to cover my body, and to inhibit my expression and my work, in order to send my own message to the world that I’m someone worthy of safety and respect.
The response to my expression- from small comments about my body to more threatening, deliberate statements, served to control my behavior, through an environment of sexual terrorism — where even a woman who is not directly subject to assault, feels threatened by the environment of violence to inhibit her behavior.

A world in which I could wear whatever I want, say whatever I want, and express my desire however I want, without fearing for my physical safety or reputation — that would be the world in which female desire and sexuality could have its greatest expression and fulfillment. That world we want to build, is the opposite of puritanical.

Last edited by snufkin on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:57 pm

When you log into twitter and this is the first thing you see:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Img_8912
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 24 Jan 2018, 2:04 pm

SkyStar wrote:When you log into twitter and this is the first thing you see:

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 22 Img_8912
@SkyStar

I love you I love you I love you
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 24 Jan 2018, 2:05 pm

I saw that on Twitter.  A fan asked him about Reylo and he responded by what is Reylo.  Of course the Antis and some of the fanboy bloggers I follow jumped on the bandwagon.  Then Mark tweeted this out, which is hilarious.

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 24 Jan 2018, 2:10 pm

Mark is so great for humoring fans, but I cringe at people Tweeting him about Reylo Embarassed "Do you support Reylo?" like it's a political movement... Neutral
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Wed 24 Jan 2018, 2:15 pm

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Mark is so great for humoring fans, but I cringe at people Tweeting him about Reylo Embarassed "Do you support Reylo?" like it's a political movement... Neutral
@Cowgirlsamurai

It was a cringe-worthy moment but Mark is great for having fun with fans and trolling so it can come across as quite humorous.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Wed 24 Jan 2018, 2:56 pm

He pinned the tweet too : )

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:05 pm

Second hand embarrassment. Stop tweeting the actors.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:06 pm

whoa did you guys see these deleted scenes pictures tweeted by Star Wars Stuff? Looks like it took place right before Luke goes up on the cliff rock and connects with Leia and Rey connects with Kylo before she takes the plunge into the mirror cave & then smut hut

https://twitter.com/starwarstuff/status/956271770851520512
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:17 pm

BenRey wrote:Second hand embarrassment. Stop tweeting the actors.
@BenRey

Agreed. It never looks good for any fan group when they do this imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:17 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:whoa did you guys see these deleted scenes pictures tweeted by Star Wars Stuff? Looks like it took place right before Luke goes up on the cliff rock and connects with Leia and Rey connects with Kylo before she takes the plunge into the mirror cave & then smut hut

https://twitter.com/starwarstuff/status/956271770851520512
@SheLitAFire

So that’s Luke’s “third lesson” where Rey crashes the Caretakers’ monthly mating party...I can’t wait to see that scene and the other deleted scenes (although I think there aren’t any Reylo ones).
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:34 pm

I was thinking that the caretakers were so happy when Rey left the Island. Lol

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:41 pm

Oh come on. The actors aren't required to answer any tweets. I'm sure they'd rather get harmless questions about a canon ship than more complaints about who tf is Snoke, why did you murder Luke's characterization, who are Rey's parents, I hate TLJ, blah blah blah...

It's fine. Reylo generates buzz and buzz creates wonderful responses like the one from Mark above. Wink
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:43 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:Oh come on. The actors aren't required to answer any tweets. I'm sure they'd rather get harmless questions about a canon ship than more complaints about who tf is Snoke, why did you murder Luke's characterization, who are Rey's parents, I hate TLJ, blah blah blah...

It's fine. Reylo generates buzz and buzz creates wonderful responses like the one from Mark above. Wink
@Xylo Ren

I am certain actors like Mark Hamill welcome a Reylo tweet any day over the crap criticism that’s been hurled their way since TLJ’s release.

Reylo is a canon ship now.  Reylos want to celebrate and GA wants to talk about it.  Let them.  

Also, as one who took part in the Matt Martin Reylofest from last week, I’m not sorry and I’ll do it again.  If he didn’t enjoy it, he wouldn’t have responded to and liked every single one of my tweets.  Razz

Last edited by IoJovi on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:47 pm

IoJovi wrote:
Xylo Ren wrote:Oh come on. The actors aren't required to answer any tweets. I'm sure they'd rather get harmless questions about a canon ship than more complaints about who tf is Snoke, why did you murder Luke's characterization, who are Rey's parents, I hate TLJ, blah blah blah...

@Xylo Ren

I am certain actors like Mark Hamill welcome a Reylo tweet any day over the crap criticism that’s been hurled their way since TLJ’s release.

Also, as one who took part in the Matt Martin Reylofeat from last week, I’m not sorry and I’ll do it again. If he didn’t enjoy it, he wouldn’t have responded with onand liked every single one of my tweets. Razz

@IoJovi

I mean, H-E-L-L-O....he answered it. It was obviously something he wanted to talk about on his very public Twitter.

We all saw how giddy Rian was when asked face-to-face about Reylo...like, they love it. Better Reylos be represented as over-zealous instead of hateful whiners like almost every other sect of the fandom... Surprised
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 24 Jan 2018, 4:48 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

@Xylo Ren

Also, as one who took part in the Matt Martin Reylofeat from last week, I’m not sorry and I’ll do it again. If he didn’t enjoy it, he wouldn’t have responded with onand liked every single one of my tweets. Razz

@IoJovi

I mean, H-E-L-L-O....he answered it. It was obviously something he wanted to talk about on his very public Twitter.

We all saw how giddy Rian was when asked face-to-face about Reylo...like, they love it. Better Reylos be represented as over-zealous instead of hateful whiners like almost every other sect of the fandom... Surprised
@Xylo Ren

Same. I’ll take fans reacting to cast and crew with love for the story than hate ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. I’m glad they know they have fans and how well it’s being received.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next