Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question.

+44
Dar-ren19
Xylo Ren
giaciak2
Starliteprism
tukicarreno
naberrie93
MeadowofAshes
MrsWindu
FrolickingFizzgig
Socialnole
cherrylipstick
KnightsofReylo_2015
Cowgirlsamurai
ZioRen
Kessel
Kylo Men
DeeBee
nickandnora
Piper Maru
Kylo Rey
bashfulblueeyes3
Blood Moon
GreyRey
twilekempire
MyOnlyHope
PalmettoBlue
californiagirl
Moonlight13
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
Ynqve
snufkin
Saracene
rey09
ISeeAnIsland
lauvamp
thescavenger
SheLitAFire
vaderito
SkyStar
rawpowah
Moonjump05
IoJovi
Let The Past Die
48 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 4 Empty Re: To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question.

Post by Piper Maru Fri 12 Jan 2018, 6:37 pm

I want a kiss because there's nothing like the smell of desperate fanboys/antis in the morning but honestly, I don't need it. The "touching hands" scene (that totally reminds me of Gaspar Noé's Love) is unbeatable and nothing in this franchise will ever be that intimate/sexual/romantic.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 4 Empty Re: To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question.

Post by rawpowah Fri 12 Jan 2018, 6:41 pm

Ok, but the kiss should be so epic that they'll get nominated for and win the MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope Fri 12 Jan 2018, 7:12 pm

rawpowah wrote:Ok, but the kiss should be so epic that they'll get nominated for and win the MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss.
@rawpowah
Just thinking about it for .2 seconds, J.J. has the opportunity here to bring to life one of those truly iconic, for the ages kisses, the kind the world honestly hasn't known in years. You almost never see tension between two characters built up in the way it has been for Rey and Kylo nowadays.Dude knows how lucky he is as a writer/director.

@Piper Maru I agree. I don't think anything could ever top the hand touching for me even if I do think a kiss is a given. I love nuance, mystery, metaphor, and not having everything preached or shown to me. The "sexiest" things from my perspective are all quite chaste from a literal standpoint. For instance, Darcy trying to regain control over his own hand after touching Elizabeth without thinking, or Buffy and Spike's "conversation" in Fool for Love). I love that there are some things between Rey and Kylo that will probably never be definitively defined, namely "don't be afraid, I feel it too" and exactly what they saw when they touched hands.

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyOnlyHope
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Fri 12 Jan 2018, 7:15 pm

Piper Maru wrote:I want a kiss because there's nothing like the smell of desperate fanboys/antis in the morning but honestly, I don't need it. The "touching hands" scene (that totally reminds me of Gaspar Noé's Love) is unbeatable and nothing in this franchise will ever be that intimate/sexual/romantic.
@Piper Maru

This is true, but I also wonder if we're in for other things in the next one (not actual kisses) that *insinuate* kissing/sexual attraction/romance once more, and having those be, once again, sexier than the actual thing. In particular, I'm wondering... have we ever seen Rey and Kylo touch, skin on skin, in REAL life? He's always been wearing gloves, right? I wonder with all of the hand motifs if that's where they are going in the next one; seems like they might be building up to that, for some specific purpose.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 12 Jan 2018, 7:33 pm

rawpowah wrote:Ok, but the kiss should be so epic that they'll get nominated for and win the MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss.
@rawpowah

omg yesss, would adam and daisy recreate on stage tho?!! How epic would it be if they won both best kiss and best fight scene XD

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:08 pm

man this thread is loads of fun Smile

I think it's unanimous- there needs to be a kiss!

I can see there being a few near miss kisses along the way before we finally get the kiss. maybe with Force Ghost Luke interrupting and clueless (after all he was a celibate Jedi rofl.) I think there could be loads of sexual tension but also laughs..
Can you imagine Ben's reaction when uncle Luke keeps getting in the way?!! rofl!! 'If he weren't a force ghost already - I'd kill him!'

As for their first kiss? I love all your ideas - and I'd be happy with anything to be honest I'm sure what we get will be perfect!

twilekempire wrote: I imagine a kiss being started by Rey and then, after a few seconds of astonishment, Ben dives into it with gusto because the dam just broke.
@twilekempire
Love this!!!!!

PalmettoBlue wrote: No idea where this might happen...he’s lifting her hand to kiss the back of it like the prince he is and at the last second, he turns her hand and kisses in the inside of her wrist.
@PalmettoBlue - I love this too!! would be a wonderful lead up to a near miss kiss Wink

Sooooo do you think Disney star wars would show tongue?
I'm reminded of that scene in the wedding singer - where they talk about church tongue! Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:15 pm

The real question is, when Star Wars get so chaste? I mean, I would guess that I saw more of other people kissing before I was five years old than at any other time in my life. Probably true of everybody. Why are they so squeamish about "the children?"

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 12 Jan 2018, 9:32 pm

Something sensual yet restrained like Kylo kissing Rey’s palm would make my year, especially after they’ve already touched hands.

Honestly, I just want something significant, physical, and undeniably romantic to happen between them...
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:09 pm

Let The Past Die wrote:Now now, y'all. When I first started this thread, I asked did you want a kiss or not. WELL,  you lot are just so darn greedy!
Its not one kiss you want, oh no no, you want every type of kiss going.... Let's examine the evidence.
1. Kiss of Life
2.Fairy Tale
3.Battle Type Kiss
4. Soft Tender kiss
5.Moody Kiss
6. A Kiss to sock it to the Annes
7. A sweet romantic kiss
8. An angst driven kiss
9. A kiss instigated by Kylo
10. A kiss instigated by Rey
11. A Han and Leia type kiss
12 A kiss and a smile at the same time
13. A sensual kiss
14. A reward kiss
15. Kylo taking Rey's hand and kissing her palm

OK so number 15 is one I threw in, think I'm obsessed with hands.
Hmmm, have you lot convinced me.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Happy now lol!

So now the problem is not whether to kiss, but which type?
Throwing it back at you peeps.....
@Let The Past Die

Take number 15 and switch it and I'm sold. Kylo wearing his gloves all the time and the symbolism of them being on or off within TLJ makes the idea of this so romantic. Like Rey is kissing the "Ben" in him, in a way.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:23 pm

Full on kiss on the lips in IX or we sue Err no
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightsofReylo_2015 Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:36 pm

Double posted sorry.

Last edited by KnightsofReylo_2015 on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
KnightsofReylo_2015
KnightsofReylo_2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightsofReylo_2015 Fri 12 Jan 2018, 11:37 pm

rey09 wrote:
@rawpowah

omg yesss, would adam and daisy recreate on stage tho?!! How epic would it be if they won both best kiss and best fight scene XD
@rey09

OMG! YES. PLEASE.!!!

I sooo know we are getting a kiss...and I hope it's going to be EPIC!!!!!!  

I need want at least one of Reylo's kisses (as I am greedy and hope for more than one!) to be THE KISS above all the kisses in Star Wars history.
KnightsofReylo_2015
KnightsofReylo_2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Sat 13 Jan 2018, 12:58 am

Nice topic! Winks

As long as they give us other sensual and intimate scenes everything is good for me (the handsex was even better than a kiss) but I definitely think that we will get at least a kiss in the final movie. Something epic and iconic.
Honestly I would like something really passionate, I know it's Star Wars and not HBO, but after all the sexual tension we have seen in these two movies we deserve a little relief! Lolilol
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Socialnole Sat 13 Jan 2018, 7:07 am

Epic kiss followed by Ben saying “I’ll come back for you sweetheart. I promise”
Socialnole
Socialnole
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 13 Jan 2018, 8:11 am

Yes, there will be a kiss. I'm hoping for just one. As others have already said they aren't going to be able to match the "hand" touching scene for me anyway because that's my brand of romance, but kisses can be like sugar in coffee. The right amount is perfect but the more you add the sweeter and less palatable it gets. It can work with romances like Han and Leia in Empire, but look at Jedi by comparison. A lot of their chemistry had fizzled out and while they're still entertaining characters, the focus had to shift from their romance to other sources of drama on Endor (including Han thinking Luke was still into his sister, lol! Anyway, Rey and Kylo certainly aren't that and any kiss that does occur will have to be epic on all accounts. You don't want to dilute the impact with too many. It'll be a take-your-breath-away moment on the "epic" scale that will go down in SW history.

Anybody who's been here over year probably knows that I was vehemently against a kiss in VIII. Like, maybe more against it than anybody else here. In a story you have to build up to something like that, and the timing of a kiss can decide a lot because kisses often represent relationship climaxes in children's stories. Once you achieve that milestone there's nowhere to go, really, so the fact that there is no kiss (or anything beyond the subtlest brushing of fingers through the Force) is an incredibly positive sign for the future. Unfinished business and all that. It's what keeps you hooked, in a way.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Sat 13 Jan 2018, 9:56 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

I’ve been hoping for a kiss in IX (not VIII) as well. Rian already packed a ton of Reylo development in to TLJ already, and a kiss would have felt rushed to me. I like that there are a couple of moments that were kiss placeholders, where it could have happened, but ultimately shouldn’t yet. (Come on. I would’ve kissed Ben Solo after he killed Snoke for me Razz but then what would we have to look for in IX?)
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sat 13 Jan 2018, 10:01 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig

I’ve been hoping for a kiss in IX (not VIII) as well. Rian already packed a ton of Reylo development in to TLJ already, and a kiss would have felt rushed to me. I like that there are a couple of moments that were kiss placeholders, where it could have happened, but ultimately shouldn’t yet. (Come on. I would’ve kissed Ben Solo after he killed Snoke for me Razz but then what would we have to look for in IX?)
@Cowgirlsamurai

I was one of the hopefuls for a kiss in TLJ, but in retrospect it would have been a very bad sign if we had gotten one, given how it ended. Leaving the kiss out while still packing the film full of sexual tension shows that Rey and Ben still have unfinished business between them. We’ll get one though, I’m sure of it!

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 13 Jan 2018, 10:01 am

@Cowgirlsamurai

Yeah I was in the camp that there wouldn't be a kiss in VIII because it would just be too soon at that point.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Sat 13 Jan 2018, 1:57 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:@Cowgirlsamurai

Yeah I was in the camp that there wouldn't be a kiss in VIII because it would just be too soon at that point.
@SheLitAFire

Like, Adam, I always want the most sentimental ending available. I wanted a kiss in 8, but I didn't really think it would happen. It was one of my bingo squares that I figured just wasn't going to happen.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 13 Jan 2018, 2:26 pm

@PalmettoBlue

Just catching up now- I love love this thread. I didn’t think there would be in VIII but by heck I know my jaw will drop whoever’s lips touch whichever part of the body in whatever context in IX
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sat 13 Jan 2018, 8:17 pm

@frolickingfizzgig You and I are like...
To kiss, or not to kiss - that is the question. - Page 4 9dc55d10
Laughing
Let's find balance. Two kisses in IX: LifeKiss when she rebirths Ben Solo and Wedding Kiss when she becomes Rey Solo.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 13 Jan 2018, 8:43 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:@frolickingfizzgig You and I are like...
Laughing
Let's find balance. Two kisses in IX: LifeKiss when she rebirths Ben Solo and Wedding Kiss when she becomes Rey Solo.
@MeadowofAshes

Lol, I love the eight grumpy babies!
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by naberrie93 Sat 13 Jan 2018, 9:51 pm

I want more that one kiss.
I want a super angsty and drama kiss and then one kiss super sweet and lovable, if we have a wedding kiss it would be perfect and I will not contain my tears of joy Embarassed

I didn't imagine Reylo will make me so thirsty for romance lol!

naberrie93
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Sat 13 Jan 2018, 10:04 pm

I think at this point A KISS IS A MUST! After two movies this is the last chance to do it and it will be epic! I also would like two or three kisses each different from the other. Ahhh! I cannot wait! bounce I love you Adam & Daisy's chemistry is so sizzling those kiss scenes are going to be out of this world!
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 13 Jan 2018, 10:18 pm

MeadowofAshes wrote:@frolickingfizzgig You and I are like...
Laughing
@MeadowofAshes
LOL, this fanart is hilarious. Kylo wants the 8 angry kids before the wedding!

And yeah, I'm okay with more than one kiss. Two would be totally fine. They would just both need to be unique in my eyes.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next