Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+71
Moonjump05
Man Without A Star
Chris24601
adamdrivershair
Reylo Lemon
Blood Moon
kroi
Nyx
SW_Heroine_Journey
Piper Maru
SheLitAFire
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
YeeRees
Mielikki
MindAndMagic
Darth Rowan
Casey Kanata
unicorn
BB-Rey
MrsWindu
loversinthestorm
MeadowofAshes
KnightsofReylo_2015
Apriljandy
Let The Past Die
Kessel
Rei of Sunshine
Darth Dingbat
tukicarreno
Mila95
Riri
SkyStar
Darth_Awakened
Night Huntress
cherrylipstick
whisperingwillow
californiagirl
nickandnora
Moonlight13
BenRey
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
AhsokaTano
Dar-ren19
Darth Dementor
Xylo Ren
Tex
rawpowah
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Teo oswald
bashfulblueeyes3
special_cases
Saracene
EchoBase
ZioRen
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
rey09
reylo1992
Birdwoman
SoloSideCousin
ISeeAnIsland
IoJovi
RosiePancake
panki
thescavenger
PalmettoBlue
Starliteprism
DeeBee
75 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 30 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by rawpowah Mon 18 Jun 2018, 3:52 pm

@ISeeAnIsland SW fandom is such a mess.

Hmm possible Leia recast, that instagram post with that water tank (?) in Pinewood iirc. Interesting.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 30 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Blood Moon Mon 18 Jun 2018, 4:37 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
rawpowah wrote:@Kylo Rey What are the hints? I really dislike this kind of cryptic behavior from insiders. It's so petty and manipulative.
@rawpowah

To be fair, though, Jason has actually received death threats for breaking "scoops" that didn't go down well with the fandom.  Now, he doesn't necessarily need to tease, but he has valid reasons for being wary with news that he anticipates will be unpopular.

In any case, I'm guessing that it's going to be an announcement of a Leia recast. Jason tweeted a thing shortly after that from Todd Fisher where Todd was saying that he hoped that Leia would appear in IX.
@ISeeAnIsland

Interesting, a Leia recast. God I could use some good news with regards to SW( although if this is it fans are gonna freak about this too) Smile
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:15 pm

If there is a Leia recast, I think her daughter should reveal the news (or shortly after the reveal, she shows indication she approves)...that will greatly ease most disapproval (if applicable - cannot please everyone, yet it will help).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:18 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:If there is a Leia recast, I think her daughter should reveal the news (or shortly after the reveal, she shows indication she approves)...that will greatly ease most disapproval (if applicable - cannot please everyone, yet it will help).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Who knows if LF will go this route, but as a huge proponent of a Leia recast I think this is a fabulous idea. Now you need to write PF, make the suggestion and ask for your check...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 18 Jun 2018, 5:38 pm

I've mentioned before that I don't know if a Leia recast would mean exactly all it is meant to mean, simply because if it was such a problem for Colin Trevorrow after Carrie's death then I'm not sure why they didn't recast right away. I can see them recasting, but still having her be used sparingly.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Mon 18 Jun 2018, 6:55 pm

nickandnora wrote:I've mentioned before that I don't know if a Leia recast would mean exactly all it is meant to mean, simply because if it was such a problem for Colin Trevorrow after Carrie's death then I'm not sure why they didn't recast right away. I can see them recasting, but still having her be used sparingly.
@nickandnora

So...as more and more dirt comes out about Trevorrow and what a jerk he is, the current thinking among some of us on the forum is that there were major issues with Trevorrow BEFORE Carrie's death, KK & co. gave Trevorrow every chance in the world, and Carrie's death/not being able to work around the lack of Leia became the convenient public reason for Trevorrow parting ways, allowing both LF and Trevorrow to save face (at least until the more recent wave of dirt started coming out).
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Mon 18 Jun 2018, 7:43 pm

I see. In that case it would be pretty funny if, even in the aftermath of them saying "we're starting back at square one" after Carrie's death, the story/script is pretty much the same, they're just not letting Colin do it.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 19 Jun 2018, 12:12 am

IoJovi wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:If there is a Leia recast, I think her daughter should reveal the news (or shortly after the reveal, she shows indication she approves)...that will greatly ease most disapproval (if applicable - cannot please everyone, yet it will help).
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Who knows if LF will go this route, but as a huge proponent of a Leia recast I think this is a fabulous idea.  Now you need to write PF, make the suggestion and ask for your check...

@IoJovi

LOL  (I am primarily in a giggling mood because of the Tiffany Haddish skit at the MTV Awards).  Woot! Appears Tiffany is a Reylo (well, a jealous one - rofl), and OMG, so awesome to see it is mainstream.  

Sleemo has a great rundown 

https://sleemo.tumblr.com/

With Leia, I would nerdy love to see Connie Nielsen if there is a new actress.  To see the same actress play Diana Prince's/Wonder Woman's mother (Hippolyta) and Ben Solo's.....(clutches heart).  Nobody can replace Carrie Fisher, yet that would please my nerdy heart.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 19 Jun 2018, 12:17 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
nickandnora wrote:I've mentioned before that I don't know if a Leia recast would mean exactly all it is meant to mean, simply because if it was such a problem for Colin Trevorrow after Carrie's death then I'm not sure why they didn't recast right away. I can see them recasting, but still having her be used sparingly.
@nickandnora

So...as more and more dirt comes out about Trevorrow and what a jerk he is, the current thinking among some of us on the forum is that there were major issues with Trevorrow BEFORE Carrie's death, KK & co. gave Trevorrow every chance in the world, and Carrie's death/not being able to work around the lack of Leia became the convenient public reason for Trevorrow parting ways, allowing both LF and Trevorrow to save face (at least until the more recent wave of dirt started coming out).
@ISeeAnIsland
Wonder if the major issue was his inability to write for the female gaze...the feminist outlook.  A major part of the story is the Heroine's Journey, and...I don't think he can grasp it - is capable.  He was probably given a chance because of Hollywood nepotism..many chances, but he just could not do it.  I have faith in J.J.  He received an award from the Athena Film Fest (Leading Man award, for male allies), so fingers are crossed!  I do wonder the might have been, if Patty Jenkins was given the opportunity.  Who knows, maybe they wanted to; however, Wonder Woman 2 was knocking on the door.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 19 Jun 2018, 3:11 am

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8s5rrj/rumours_suddenly_flooding_twitter_that_a_toddler/?st=JILESBT7&sh=e5ac53e4

It’s few hours old or is it ?????is twitter flooding with this????that’s why posted it - is this the storm coming or leia recast ???!!! Or lando in 9?
Ok am adding to this because twitter and Reddit both in a state of heightened panic at the moment . What is going on???
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8s7qge/something_is_happening_on_twitter/?st=JILMHQKZ&sh=86e7bc4d

This is probably because of Jason’s comments last night and it’s set the fandom panicking .

AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 19 Jun 2018, 7:58 am

AhsokaTano wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8s5rrj/rumours_suddenly_flooding_twitter_that_a_toddler/?st=JILESBT7&sh=e5ac53e4

It’s few hours old or is it ?????is twitter flooding with this????that’s why posted it - is this the storm coming or leia recast ???!!! Or lando in 9?
Ok am adding to this because twitter and Reddit both in a state of heightened panic at the moment . What is going on???
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/8s7qge/something_is_happening_on_twitter/?st=JILMHQKZ&sh=86e7bc4d

This is probably because of Jason’s comments last night and it’s set the fandom panicking .

@AhsokaTano

(Trying to think of something that would cause fandom panic....I would presume not Reylos, yet those who revel in negativity)....Only thing I can think of...confirmed release slate of movies after IX, and it is emphasized KK is Executive Producer?  

I am at a loss, considering not a lot would send me into a panic now (I was silly with Solo, wondered how that would affect IX, but it is obvious - nothing).
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 19 Jun 2018, 8:09 am

2 controversial things I can think of:

leia recasting/CGI (CGI is a form of recasting cause a new actor gets mocapped)

IX split in 2 or similar announcement that IX isn't the end
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Tue 19 Jun 2018, 8:25 am

Waiting for the day BNFs stop creating anxiety and panic just to brag about their insider status.

Edit: I'm fine with a recast. But please end the Skywalker saga already. Make a Solo saga if you want years down the line, but just end the trilogy of trilogies the way it was supposed to.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 19 Jun 2018, 11:18 am

I wouldn't mind a recast of Leia if it serves the story - I want a reunion and reconciliation between Ben & Leia really badly. I know they are ways to do that even if Leia isn't alive in IX anymore...but it wouldn't be the same.

That said- I'm still very skeptical about they recasting Leia.

I'll just wait and see Nope
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 19 Jun 2018, 11:21 am

Maybe LF decided to be very obvious about Bendemption and Reylo in the marketing for IX?  Very Happy Smile (the cause for the possible panic lol)
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Wed 20 Jun 2018, 7:26 am

Jason's tweet was really cryptic. No, wait, there was another one. "I can feel a great disturbance in the force" and "don't kill the messenger". I bet it's about something really controversial. I hope it doesn't concern kmt
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 20 Jun 2018, 7:49 am

@ Maria Antoinetta
I hope they haven’t axed Rose’s role or that due to all the nastiness she’s decided she doesn’t want to come back for 9. That would be so sad Sad
We need Rose - I loved her so much in TLJ and who she is and what she stands for . As someone who is close to their sister too I related to her a lot .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 20 Jun 2018, 8:14 am

Old rumour that's gaining momentum- the return of Lando. God I hope so. He just HAS to.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Wed 20 Jun 2018, 9:53 am

ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 20 Jun 2018, 12:26 pm

@ReyofLightSide Regardless of how the Fox-Disney deal works out or doesn't, I can't see a world where Disney would let another company walk off with ANH, for a second time. And you know they want Fox's Marvel properties too.

I get that Comcast is trying to hurt Disney by making them bid higher, but really, does anyone think they aren't going to make back their investment regardless?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 20 Jun 2018, 1:15 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:https://www.wsj.com/articles/fox-disney-announce-new-deal-1529496937

It's getting real interestin'
@ReyofLightSide

X-men/Deadpool can properly appear in Marvel now, if they go down that route.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 20 Jun 2018, 1:40 pm

Well, well, well. Some news on this front @californiagirl like you were saying to expect soon. I expected this after the Solo BO. Looks like LFL are shifting their full focus on to IX and Rian's trilogy (and Benioff/Weiss' trilogy? Not sure) for now.

Exclusive: Plans for future 'A Star Wars Story' films—including the Obi-Wan movie—have been put on hold.

It may be a while before we see any more movies like Solo: A Star Wars Story out of Lucasfilm. Sources with knowledge of the situation tell Collider that Lucasfilm has decided to put plans for more A Star Wars Story spinoff movies on hold, instead opting to focus their attention on Star Wars: Episode IX and what the next trilogy of Star Wars films will be after that film. Sources tell us that the previously rumored Obi-Wan movie was in active development, but those who were working on the film are no longer involved. It was recently reported that Logan filmmaker James Mangold was in early talks to write and direct the Boba Fett film, but that was before Solo’s release.

This news comes in the wake of the disappointing launch of Solo, which was only Lucasfilm’s second A Star Wars Story spinoff, but which received mixed-positive reviews and fell short of box office expectations. The film scored $84.4 million on opening weekend and has grossed $192.8 million domestically (and $339.5 million worldwide) in four weeks, which is nothing to scoff at but is far, far lower than the performance of other Star Wars movies at this benchmark. For comparison’s sake, Rogue One opened to $155 million and had grossed $424 million domestic by Week 4. To put it simply, while Solo did fine by blockbuster standards, it wasn’t the “event” that Lucasfilm expected out of a brand new Star Wars movie.[...]

Regardless, we’re hearing that plans to revisit this A Star Wars Story format have been put on hold for the moment. Initially announced as “anthology” movies, the spinoffs got off to a rocky start and haven’t exactly been smooth sailing. Josh Trank (Chronicle) was developing a Boba Fett movie around the same time Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) was prepping Rogue One, but Trank was subsequently removed from the project and Lucasfilm lost a film off its planned slate. Then story issues led to extensive reshoots on Rogue One that reworked the third act, with Tony Gilroy (The Bourne Legacy) overseeing the new scenes. And then of course Solo saw directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller fired during production, with Ron Howard coming in to replace them and reshoot a number of scenes.

In addition to Episode IX, Lucasfilm has officially announced development on a new Star Wars trilogy focused on new characters from The Last Jedi writer/director Rian Johnson, as well as a new series of films written by Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. These projects continue to be in development and are not part of the paused spinoffs we’re hearing about. But Lucasfilm’s main focus at the moment is planning the next trilogy after the Abrams-directed Star Wars 9, which is expected to conclude the story of Rey (Daisy Ridley) that began with The Force Awakens.

As with everything in Hollywood, it’s always possible that some filmmaker could come in and pitch an idea for a Star Wars Story spinoff that makes Lucasfilm rethink its approach, or opt to greenlight that idea as a one-off, but as of right now we’re hearing the studio’s focus has moved away from these spinoffs for the time-being and is squarely intent on getting Episode IX to the finish line and figuring out what the next trilogy of films will be.

More as we hear it.

Obi-Wan is off. Possibly signalling a change in the LFL nostalgia fest.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 20 Jun 2018, 1:47 pm

Ah.

As someone who is extremely "meh" on all those extra films (as in, I was "meh" on Rogue One and Solo), loves the sequel trilogy, and enjoyed Rian Johnson's filmmaking, this is perfectly fine news and not terribly dramatic... for me anyway. It's nice that they'll be focusing on the things that (likely) have the most important storytelling.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Wed 20 Jun 2018, 1:48 pm

I think that's smart tbh.I feel bad for the Obi Wan spinoff because Ewan McGregor seemed to want to play the role again and I'd love to see that outside the PT and it's issues.But the anthology movies as they have been done with well known characters and well known events lack all suspense really and that's an issue.It's probably a better choice to focus on the trilogies and creating all new stories and characters.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Wed 20 Jun 2018, 2:20 pm

Agreed. I've never been enthused with the idea of these anthologies right from the get go tbh. Too much overexposure for Star Wars as well. The #BoycottSolo movement really backfired on the TLJ fanboy haters brigade, as it only seems to have resulted in LF doubling down on Rian Johnson. Wonder if this increases the likelihood of him directing all three films in his trilogy with less movies on the slate? Also, I wonder if this was the news that MSW & co were vagueing about the other day?
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next