Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 7 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 09 Feb 2018, 12:33 am

snufkin wrote:@special_cases Funny enough, it was Michael York in the caftan! Which is still a better look than Sean Connery's Zardoz mankini. Not sure what's going on with Jessica's, er outfit. There has to be a nude body stocking and massive amounts of bikini wax underneath it.

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 7 Jess12enh
@snufkin

In Episode IX Rey will get the caftan and Kylo will get Jenny Agutter's outfit, lol! Adam will be agreeable. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 09 Feb 2018, 3:40 am

@SoloSideCousin

if such a scene appears they will have to take me to the hospital, I will have blood shortages Smile Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Fri 09 Feb 2018, 11:26 am

IoJovi wrote:
giaciak2 wrote:I read about Mortis now. I am wroste then ever ..... So Kylo could be the brother and Rey the sister. OH My God! Hope no ! I will be crazy!!!!  However . Because Anakin was the father and he failed. Kylo could be the father and Rey the mother. So they would leave for Mortis with their hypothetical sons (twins) and they would become the balance of strength. It is not the fairytale ending of my dreams. For me a fairytale ending is that he redeems himself and live in peace and happy with Rey, have children and the saga is closed  with the two suns and they embrace each other with or without force power. I find the idea of ​​killing the heroes a gesture of little imagination. Then we all became attached to them and to many people love Reylo now. And every day more and more again ... If they become dead Entities it means that there will be no more Reylo stories between Rey and Ben / Kylo. I ‘m a little sad .... I prefer a story like Raven and Bastilla . Because they can change sides many times and live many Reylo story ( episode XXI, XXII , XXIII)  in more future episodes. In my opinion, other Reylo could hope  for  a simple  happy  end. I’m going to cry in the bedroom
@giaciak2

It'll work out, I promise!  Please don't despair - we are getting our happy ending, i am sure of it.  The writers and creators all have confirmed that SW is based on fairytale and mythological elements.  And if you combine that with the yin yang elements, Ben cannot die.  The light cannot live without the dark.  I'm not saying he won't be redeemed, but I think Ben will always have that aspect about him and that's what he represents even if he atones for his transgressions.
@IoJovi

For the similarity between Kylo and Darcy. I hope he does not die at the end of episode IX. My expectation is that Ben sacrifice himself for Rey but somehow come back to life. But the thing that impacts me is that after Rouge One I'm afraid of Disney's happy ending. Then - this fact that they want CLOSE the saga. I don't understand why DISNEY want to make the fans angry.
Heroes will never die. Cry
The fables close with the happy ending not with the divorce between Cinderella and the prince.
Because Also Marvel is making a lot of heroes die.
Star wars made out, Han, Luke and Leia ... I'm not very satisfied with these times. Crying or Very sad Cry
Heroes, dreams, should never die.
Our lives are enough to suffer and die.
But dreams... , let us dream again ...
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 09 Feb 2018, 2:36 pm

This is really good, including multiple shout outs to the writings/podcasting of various members here. Wouldn't be surprised if he lurks here and sounds like he's listened to the Jane Eyre podcast and has thoughts along those lines.

No One’s Ever Really Gone: The Synergy of The Heroic, Tragic, and Poetic Arcs in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

When confronting how to approach the Sequel Trilogy, the first thing I assume they established was using the three films to reverse the tragedy of Anakin’s fall. So, in some ways, they found themselves hemmed in by what had come before, but also had some serious decisions to make concerning a final element: by subverting the tragic trope, it makes the narrative of the tragedy inapplicable, and it must be supplanted by something else. Also, because the poetic device used to reverse prior stanzas is palindrome, all major elements and roles needed to be reversed. That leads to a few conclusions that explain a LOT.

In reversing Anakin’s fall, the same tragic archetypes must be used for the new characters. However, because of the palindrome, the production’s hand was forced in a few areas. First, the heroic role had to be the female counterpart to the Usurper, taking the tragic figure out of the Hero’s role. This is key. If the tragic figure is not the capital-h Hero, the tragedy can be avoided if the Hero/Heroine’s Journey overrides the tragic conclusions.

The Heroine’s Journey differs fundamentally from the Hero’s Journey in that the Heroine is much more attuned to the Shadow than a Hero, gaining mastery over the darkness through understanding instead of conflict. Another important distinction is the Heroine’s Journey’s interest in family, and the transition from childhood to womanhood to motherhood. Where the Hero’s Journey is more anodyne and chaste, the Heroine’s Journey is explicitly a journey of sexual awakening, with one of the elements including marriage to the Animus (often portrayed as Prince Charming, et al), and eventual consummation and sexual union with him. The Animus is a true counterpart, representing the yin to her yang, completing the whole, and this relationship is essential in the Heroine’s Journey.

There are many examples of conflation of elements in the Heroine’s Journey, and here, as in Beauty and the Beast, Kylo Ren is both an agent of the Shadow, and the Heroine’s Animus. Because the Heroine must confront and overcome the Shadow, and also wed the Animus, the major conflict of her Journey becomes freeing her lover from the Shadow’s influence.

Fairy tale offers a lot of rich territory to mine, but it’s short on substance. This is where narrative structure comes into play. You have the poetic goal, the tragic character archetypes, and the Heroine’s Journey running through it. But what structure will the story adopt?

This is the point where my analysis of the synergies of these elements hit a snag, even though it was staring me right in the damn face: the story is being told as a Byronic gothic romance. The first response to this might be: why? Because Star Wars uses what works. And the Byronic tradition is perhaps the most effective and emotionally resonant model that employs a capital-h Heroine with a tragic lover who must be freed from the darkness.

Gothic romances very often end in tragedy (see Wuthering Heights), but only when there is no true capital-h Heroine to drive the narrative. When there is no true heroic figure, tragic flaws will rule the day in stories heavily tilted toward tragic ends. But in this iteration of Star Wars, we have a Heroine, whose mythic archetype and narrative role are tied up in the redemption of her lover, and since she’s on a Heroine’s Journey, and doesn’t have a tragic flaw herself, the rules of the game dictate she has to triumph.

With this formula, it becomes very possible to game out what will happen in Episode IX with a startling degree of specificity. Remember, this is my interpretation, applying the formula I’ve detailed above and supplementing my own personal conjecture and assumptions as necessary. So, again acknowledging that some of these basic predictions have been made before, here goes:

Rey and Kylo will remain severed in their bond for the first part of the movie. They must be made to feel the sting of loneliness and recognize the incompletion only cured by the other’s presence in their lives.

Rey will find solace in her new family for awhile, but will not be able to replace the feeling of belonging and completion she feels with Kylo. This longing will act as a real source of conflict and represent a constant struggle to stave off the Shadow (the Dark Side).

Supreme Leader Kylo Ren will try to convince himself that he only used Rey to help him usurp Snoke’s throne, if only as an attempt to shield himself from the reality that he has been abandoned by his Queen, and will continue to seek her, but probably use the excuse of pursuing the Resistance as justification.

The Knights of Ren will appear as Kylo’s personal honor guard and act as military commanders as well, another poke in the eye to General Hux. The Knights will represent Kylo’s stated ideal to begin a new order of Force users, one that has its basis in the Dark Side. If this is the case, I foresee Rey tangling with at least one of them in the front half of the movie (she’ll probably kill the Knight, having no other choice, and giving the other Knights a vengeance incentive to track her down and kill her).

Leia’s death will cause a real shift in the status quo for both Rey and Kylo, as the shock of her passing will leave them both vulnerable. I assume this will cause the Force to join them, and they will have a reckoning about their parting and an acknowledgment/reinforcement of the feelings they have for each other (though it’s likely this will still remain implicit for the time being). Unless they go for the gold and have them initiate physical contact through the Force again, only this time without Uncle Luke outside the door (the tragic trope suggests physical contact here due to the loss of the Usurper’s birth mother, but that could be toned down or delayed for dramatic effect). It’s also entirely possible that this could actually be an in-person meeting, but I doubt that for plot reasons.

Rey’s connection with Kylo will be revealed to the Resistance. Not sure how this will happen exactly, but its effect will be to cause separation and distrust between Rey and her adopted family.

The consequences of the revelation of the Force Bond to the Resistance will cause the rebels to make a fatal mistake. The First Order will move to finish the Resistance, and this time it’ll be for good.

About this time, Kylo is going to find himself in the midst of some extreme conflict. The pull to the Light will be stronger than ever, and I anticipate he will call once more to Vader for guidance. Typically, Sith cannot be Force Ghosts, but Anakin was redeemed, so his spirit endures. I anticipate it will be a riven, tortured existence, and we’ll get some spectacular visual effect that shifts his ghost from blue to red, with the red one maimed, burned, and scarred. This experience will shake him to his foundations.

For her part, I wrestled with whether Rey would also receive supernatural guidance from Luke’s Force Ghost, but I’ve come down on the side of that not being the case. Rey is past the point in the Heroine’s Journey where she’s looking to father figures for guidance. Rey’s reconciliation with the mother figure will probably have to come through some form of interaction with something left behind by Leia, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Maz Kanata reprise her quest giver role in a more motherly capacity, with a symbolic or literal passing of the torch, so to speak.

Having made his decision (“I know what I have to do” part 3?), Kylo will attempt to sabotage the First Order’s assault from the inside. This attempt will not go as planned (Kylo’s not much of a planner), and Hux’s long-anticipated coup will spring into action.

Having learned of his betrayal, the Knights of Ren will turn on Kylo, each of them having been trained to seek power over all else. I expect some of them will go with the assault force (which was at least partially successfully f**** up by Kylo’s attempt at sabotage— something that the Resistance will know was his doing), while the rest lie in wait to ambush Kylo as he goes to either escape or re-establish control.

During his fight with the Knights, Kylo will be badly wounded, but will manage to escape. Having made his way as far as he can on his own, he’ll either consciously or unconsciously call out to Rey through the Force.

Rey will hear his call and will go to him, and I expect that will be over the objection of her friends, and may result in Rey threatening violence against one of them (Finn, probably) if they try to stop her (still on the fence about this).

Finding him wounded, Rey and Kylo’s reunion will be cut short by the remaining Knights of Ren. Rey will fight them and hold her own for awhile, but will soon be overpowered, and an injured Kylo will join the fight and save her life. Together they’ll finish off the remaining Knights, thus bringing an early end to the new order.

Meanwhile, Hux and the First Order, having been more debilitated by Kylo’s betrayal than it first appeared, are losing to a resurgent Resistance fleet. Hux’s brief tenure as Supreme Leader will end in ignominy, his death coming in as humiliating a fashion as befits the smallness of his character.

The defeat of the First Order will be attended by Something Very Bad (I haven’t a clue as to what that could be, but suffice it to say I anticipate it would be some kind of kamikaze self-destruct protocol that’ll threaten both the Resistance fleet and a massive number of civilians).

Rey and Kylo, able to see this Something Very Bad happening from their vantage, will risk everything to save everyone else, and do something with the Force, working together, that will blow our minds. Like stop a Star Destroyer from falling on a city, or something equally as impossible. I expect this will involve them coming together physically (probably holding hands), to juxtapose them being separated at the end of TFA and TLJ.

The Resistance will be saved, and the First Order decimated beyond reckoning. Those who witnessed it know they were saved by the Force, and the only two people capable of wielding it in such a way.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 09 Feb 2018, 3:15 pm

Wow that’s amazing ! Would love this - so many possibilities for what could happen in episode 9. Rey and Ben ending on anch to would explain why rey says to Luke on anch to “ I know this place from my dreams”. We assume at that point rey has dreamt of the island because it has led her to Luke and training but could be because her future is there. That would be beautiful.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Fri 09 Feb 2018, 3:30 pm

@snufkin

Another Wow from me, great find @snufkin

There are bits that seem familiar to me, but that's not surprising as you mention he credits others. But all these thoughts put together with his take on it, well I really enjoyed his take. I went to the link, and read his final thoughts on how he think it will end. I like his idea for that too.

Thanks for posting, and if on the off chance the author lurks here, well done to you. I'm going to ponder on these thoughts now.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Fri 09 Feb 2018, 4:35 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Wow that’s amazing ! Would love this - so many possibilities for what could happen in episode 9. Rey and Ben ending on anch to would explain why rey says to Luke on anch to “ I know this place from my dreams”. We assume at that point rey has dreamt of the island because it has led her to Luke and training but could be because her future is there. That would be beautiful.
@AhsokaTano

At first, I thought it was something on the screen at the cinema, but having seen TLJ nine times, before Luke becomes one with the force, before letting go, he looked up to the horizon at the sun, there is a black spot on it, which leads me to believe that he was getting some sort of reassurance, maybe a future glimpse(?), of a ship coming back to the planet. He then sat there for a few moments, then let go of his human shell.
I highly suspect that Rey and/or Kylo will find themselves back on this planet. We shall see.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 09 Feb 2018, 6:18 pm

Let The Past Die wrote:@snufkin

Another Wow from me, great find @snufkin

There are bits that seem familiar to me, but that's not surprising as you mention he credits others. But all these thoughts put together with his take on it, well I really enjoyed his take. I went to the link, and read his final thoughts on how he think it will end. I like his idea for that too.

Thanks for posting, and if on the off chance the author lurks here, well done to you. I'm going to ponder on these thoughts now.
@Let The Past Die

He turned up in my Twitter mentions and it sounds like he listens to a lot of the podcasts people here are associated with, so he's around and taken it all as food for thought. It sounds like he's a lawyer, in which case he set forth a very logical argument about how the ST having Rey as a protagonist can't be taken as simply "Luke Skywalker's story, except with a girl" because the differences between the genders means it's not the Hero's Journey, but the Heroine's Journey. Which is an entirely different framework. I think that's where you run into these issues of a lot of fans, even if they're interested in what's going on between our two space nerds, they haven't spent enough time (or read the types of authors, like the Brontë Sisters) thinking about the difference in the type of mythology behind it.

That said, what he wrote makes a lot of logical sense for the narrative and character arcs, far more than the "comments on YouTube and Reddit" black hole that I feel into when I finally saw TFA and got curious about a hunch that I had.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 09 Feb 2018, 7:33 pm

I'm curious as to whether JJ will somehow continue the story of Rey's parents; I've grumbled plenty about how Rey's painful confrontation with the truth in the throne room gets quickly glossed over, but I wonder if they left it vague and unresolved on purpose so that they had an option of continuing the whole parents thread in the final episode.

I think that, no matter what predictions people had about Rey's family, we all sorta presumed that it somehow had a significance for the greater story, whether it was Reywalker or Rey's random parents getting killed by the FO. And while "horrible nobodies" has a nice thematic significance, Rey getting sold for drinking money has nothing to do with the bigger story and doesn't really leave her character with anything much going forward - no stronger motive to fight the FO, no greater link to the dark or light side. TLJ uses it mostly as a way to draw Rey and Kylo closer and to create a moment of vulnerability for Rey after the cave scene and in the throne room.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 09 Feb 2018, 8:06 pm

Saracene wrote:I'm curious as to whether JJ will somehow continue the story of Rey's parents; I've grumbled plenty about how Rey's painful confrontation with the truth in the throne room gets quickly glossed over, but I wonder if they left it vague and unresolved on purpose so that they had an option of continuing the whole parents thread in the final episode.

I think that, no matter what predictions people had about Rey's family, we all sorta presumed that it somehow had a significance for the greater story, whether it was Reywalker or Rey's random parents getting killed by the FO. And while "horrible nobodies" has a nice thematic significance, Rey getting sold for drinking money has nothing to do with the bigger story and doesn't really leave her character with anything much going forward - no stronger motive to fight the FO, no greater link to the dark or light side. TLJ uses it mostly as a way to draw Rey and Kylo closer and to create a moment of vulnerability for Rey after the cave scene and in the throne room.
@Saracene

I wouldn't rule out Imperial ties of some sort. The Aftermath books laid the groundwork for some Imperials being stranded on Jakku after they lost the war. But even if her parents did have Imperial ties, I think it would mainly be an interesting footnote at this point.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 09 Feb 2018, 8:32 pm

Saracene wrote:I'm curious as to whether JJ will somehow continue the story of Rey's parents; I've grumbled plenty about how Rey's painful confrontation with the truth in the throne room gets quickly glossed over, but I wonder if they left it vague and unresolved on purpose so that they had an option of continuing the whole parents thread in the final episode.

@Saracene

Totally agree. I was glad they were nobodies but it wasn't used the best way. I was hoping she'd really grapple with it but no. Instead it's just a way for Kylo to lure her to his side and that's that. I was thinking though, it's silly to make a big deal of them and to not literally show their faces. Perhaps she will go back into her memories and/or find the pauper's grave. She should at least face them? Like we need to at least see them.

I was frustrated that they didn't even go into why she was special. Luke even senses she is different but then nothing comes of it really. Why does she have visions of the island? Do others also see it? I saw a picture on tumblr from the visual dictionary that Rey even senses she has some big destiny, but like why her??

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 09 Feb 2018, 8:49 pm

I kind of love all of the low-key hints Daisy kept dropping about Matilda because that's probably the conclusion she came to about Rey's parents - they're like Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood, people too self-involved and insensitive to pay attention to their daughter or value her. There's also a nice subversion of audience expectatations, she's not a Chosen One with a secret special destiny like Luke or Harry Potter. It even plays with some of the dumb plotlines for recent seasons of Doctor Who - she may be The Girl I've Heard So Much About, but those repressed memories don't unlock a key to a great secret or destiny. Just awful parents who made a decision which traumatized her so much that she spent 16 years in a fugue state before Ben came along.

If they were ex-Imperials, then they were slacker Imperials. Kind of like how the Luke Wilson character in Idiocracy is chosen for his mission because he's military, but he's expendable because he's not smart and doesn't have much of a work ethic.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Fri 09 Feb 2018, 9:24 pm

rey09 wrote:

@Saracene

Totally agree. I was glad they were nobodies but it wasn't used the best way. I was hoping she'd really grapple with it but no. Instead it's just a way for Kylo to lure her to his side and that's that. I was thinking though, it's silly to make a big deal of them and to not literally show their faces. Perhaps she will go back into her memories and/or find the pauper's grave. She should at least face them? Like we need to at least see them.

I was frustrated that they didn't even go into why she was special. Luke even senses she is different but then nothing comes of it really. Why does she have visions of the island? Do others also see it? I saw a picture on tumblr from the visual dictionary that Rey even senses she has some big destiny, but like why her??
@rey09

I think the problem with Rey being a nobody isn't that it's required of her to have some special linage to be important but because it has no thematic resonance in a real lasting way.Now I don't know what's going to happen in 9 so I can't say for sure that it will be completely glossed over but unfortunately that was the case in TLJ. Unlike with Luke in ESB we don't see Rey grapple with the truth instead she pretty much reverts to the happy optimistic heroine...which isn't how you tell a story about your main character unless they want us to believe that Rey's purposely hiding her trauma behind a mask which would be a good explanation but we don't have enough proof about it yet to be one hundred percent sure.
My point is that unlike Kylo who's torn between his legacy/years of brainwashing and the man he wants/could be especially now that he's become Supreme Leader but is now alone more than ever right now Rey just doesn' have any interesting struggles she has to deal with besides Kylo because her parentage was used as a way to make her confrontation with Kylo even more poignant then what it truly means for her as a character.And while I'm not against Rey's parents being nobodies I think it would have been way more interesting had they been Imperials because while they would still have technically been nobodies it puts Rey in a more difficult position and gives more weight to her having to go against the FO instead of the only thing left for her is Beautiful Friendship pretty much.
I honestly don't know why Rian thought her parents being drunken nobodies would be the most difficult thing to hear when realizing her parents were on the side she was fighting against would have been equally if not more painful for Rey.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 09 Feb 2018, 10:05 pm

snufkin wrote:
This is really good, including multiple shout outs to the writings/podcasting of various members here. Wouldn't be surprised if he lurks here and sounds like he's listened to the Jane Eyre podcast and has thoughts along those lines.

No One’s Ever Really Gone: The Synergy of The Heroic, Tragic, and Poetic Arcs in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy
@snufkin

thanks for sharing snufkin, what a great find! this all sounds good to me! I haven't read the full article yet but will remember this one as a positive encouragement over the next two years of waiting..
Just commenting on a couple of specific things in the article suggested:

Kylo the FO saboteur & Hux coup
I was thinking the other day that I didn't want Kylo to leave the FO as a result of a coup - because I want him to make a conscious choice to leave them and to take action as a result.
Then, I thought what if he makes the choice to leave them and takes action while staying with them for a while- i.e he stays there working to undermine them and working against the FO to bring them to an end..
then, a coup could take place and he could leave - this way we get the decision, the action, and the coup many of us see coming.
I saw this author suggested the same thing -cool!

Rey and Kylo blowing our minds..
The article said: "Rey and Kylo, able to see this Something Very Bad happening from their vantage, will risk everything to save everyone else, and do something with the Force, working together, that will blow our minds. Like stop a Star Destroyer from falling on a city, or something equally as impossible. I expect this will involve them coming together physically (probably holding hands), to juxtapose them being separated at the end of TFA and TLJ."
The suggestion that Rey and Kylo will together do something mind blowing that will bring the war to an end, could be related to bringing balance to the force.
A bit hard to conceptualise what exactly that could look like, but there is canon out there that says light and dark working together united could stop the millenia long war...
And there is the Kazerath Device being hinted at too.. operated by both the light and the dark - but for what purpose is unknown. Yep, coming together physically to both operate the device!
How bringing balance could stop a war has always been a little obscure... but the force is a magical thing!
Maybe bringing balance to the force means Rey and Kylo can together stop the destroyer from crashing into billions of people, or the bringing of balance itself could stop the destroyer kind of thing.

In Dawn of the Jedi comics (not canon now) the force became so unbalanced that the existence of the planet was put at risk due to all the force storms - and they had to bring balance to stop the planet from being destroyed.. it could be that the 'death star' of IX is massive imbalance in the force - so Rey and Kylo have to balance it or the planet goes big boom boom.  Cool

Either way - I think the galaxy knowing Kylo/Ben chose to destroy the FO from the inside, risked his life, escaped, then was instrumental in stopping the war and saving billions of lives and ending the FO?
for me I'd be happy for him to not receive any punishment for his crimes.. that's good enough for me.

And yeah I'd be fine with them finishing on Ach to - but free to come and go- not like a prison/exile/mortis
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Sat 10 Feb 2018, 3:26 am

this comment is a rosebud. Very beautifull. I really hope it is so. A story of love so unexpected. A wonderful characterization of the characters. It should end with the happy ending to be epic. I really hope it ends like this. Thanks for posting it @snufkin You made my day better.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Sat 10 Feb 2018, 3:41 am

The idea of Mortis is too sad for me. “Morti” in Italian language means Dies. I hope not ... I my mind ... I think about one other happy end with Kylo and Rey fliyng throught Anch-to by Millenial Falcon and Ben is dressed and smiles likes Han Solo ... “ I love you Rey” ... and she answer “I know it “( sorry my englishhhhhhh pleasssse !!!!!).
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Sat 10 Feb 2018, 4:28 am

@DeeBee
I remember you mentioning about the Kazerath Device on another thread, so I went off to read the particular Poe Dameron comic it was in.

I really enjoyed the comic, I may buy the volumes. I enjoyed  Lor San Tekka's part in it.

The information about the device is really interesting and how  Lor San Tekka viewed its potential for the balance of light and dark and how both force users need to work together to use it. So thanks for the initial insight DeeBee.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sat 10 Feb 2018, 6:17 am

CienaRee wrote:
rey09 wrote:

@Saracene

@rey09

I think the problem with Rey being a nobody isn't that it's required of her to have some special linage to be important but because it has no thematic resonance in a real lasting way.Now I don't know what's going to happen in 9 so I can't say for sure that it will be completely glossed over but unfortunately that was the case in TLJ. Unlike with Luke in ESB we don't see Rey grapple with the truth instead she pretty much reverts to the happy optimistic heroine...which isn't how you tell a story about your main character unless they want us to believe that Rey's purposely hiding her trauma behind a mask which would be a good explanation but we don't have enough proof about it yet to be one hundred percent sure.
My point is that unlike Kylo who's torn between his legacy/years of brainwashing and the man he wants/could be especially now that he's become Supreme Leader but is now alone more than ever right now Rey just doesn' have any interesting struggles she has to deal with besides Kylo because her parentage was used as a way to make her confrontation with Kylo even more poignant then what it truly means for her as a character.And while I'm not against Rey's parents being nobodies I think it would have been way more interesting had they been Imperials because while they would still have technically been nobodies it puts Rey in a more difficult position and gives more weight to her having to go against the FO instead of the only thing left for her is Beautiful Friendship pretty much.
I honestly don't know why Rian thought her parents being drunken nobodies would be the most difficult thing to hear when realizing her parents were on the side she was fighting against would have been equally if not more painful for Rey.
@CienaRee

So I pictured her having nobody parents because the abandonment issues would have even bond the two even stronger, which Kylo senses and was hoping would bring her to his side. He's like wait just let go of your damn family who didn't care about you as my family didn't care about me. let's screw them both and do our own thing together because we only have each other. Only difference is he has only her but she does have other people. And I was actually thinking he would turn in TLJ and that Rey was going to greatly grapple with her abandonment as she has been holding on to a delusion/lie of her family coming back. I would have liked to see Rey have the same depth as Kylo, really distraught and being pulled toward the dark as he was just going to the light. But instead they focused more on Kylo's struggle instead of both of them, which made Rey quite lackluster in the end. And yeah I didn't even think about that but even at least Luke had some reaction to his parentage, I get Vader daddy is worse in a way lol but it's pain nonetheless and it stinks that Rey didn't get that. And yeah the whole happy falcon scene was just so random and pisses me off!! Perhaps she is going back to what she does best- suppressing her bad thoughts. Huh well as I am typing I just came to a epiphany lol. Rian's always been saying Kylo is our dark sides, the pessimistic sides of us and to be that way and he shows at times how he clings on to resentment and hopelessness to fuel him which prevents him from being light. Meanwhile Rey as the optimistic side, to remain hopeful many of us have to sort of live in this state of denial about just how sad/bad things are. It makes sense from a human nature standpoint. Idk if Rian meant for that but at the end of the day, it is still annoying we didn't get much out of her and we still don't know what's going on in her head lol. I'm really hoping the book or script will more insight on this. Although again, why fall back on these other media when you can clearly show on screen? ugh

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy Sat 10 Feb 2018, 7:33 am

I don't think Benperor will happen. I think there will be internal struggle within the Resistance/Republic and the FO. Forcing Ben and Rey to side with eachother instead of their factions. I really want another new character leading the Republic, embracing the Resistance as part of it's army, manipulating Poe and his desire to vanquish the FO, having conflict of interest with Rey and hopefully this leads her to defect. The Republic probably bombing things everywhere for the sake of "peace" and defeating the FO at all costs. I also want a Mockingjay moment ala Katniss vs. President Coin... where Rey kills the real enemy which is tyranny.

As for Ben, his intentions of bringing peace to the galaxy differs from Hux and this leads them to fight. I want that other Snoke apprentice to manipulate Hux into betraying Ben. I bet that other Snoke apprentice is also one of Ben's colleagues in Luke's academy, always jealous of Ben because of his lineage and potential. And maybe, just maybe, this other Snoke apprentice was helping Snoke corrupt Ben during his days in the academy, and he might be the one who influenced Luke to kill Ben. Im pretty sure the KOR are dead, and only Ben and this other apprentice survived Snoke's manipulations/training.

Ben sees his empire crumble, kills Hux and that other apprentice. Rey realizes no side is perfect. She kills the leader of the Republic, stops the bombings or aany act of terrorism in the name of peace. Rey saves Ben. They disappear together and distance themselves from any political body. They create their own new Jedi Order in secret.

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:17 am

What I want to see is that the first order organizes an attack against the rebels, but Kylo is in conflict because he knows that Rey is there. Hux sees it and understands everything . betrayal
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 10 Feb 2018, 12:58 pm

One thing seems certain to me: All of the ideas or hopes that Rey's arc would include her being seriously tempted to go to the dark side have been pretty much dashed. It seems to me that this just isn't part of her character's journey. Despite wanting to be with Kylo, Rey is and has always been quite firmly in the light. She can dive into the dark side (literally in regards to that mirror cave) but it always seems to slide off of her in the end. I'm also of a mind that she was never really tempted to take Kylo's hand in that Throne Room scene. She may have hesitated to write him off or leave him because she cares about Kylo, but she was not enticed in the least by his specific offer imo. She looked upset the whole time.

So if an overarching tension for Rey isn't dark side temptation like most Force users (and I can't see her parents factoring into her overall motivations much anymore unless J.J. decides to stick in a new revelation about them that counters Rian's), it has to come from somewhere else. For this reason, I also predict that she'll end up butting heads with Resistance leadership and feel compelled to strike out on her own to some degree. Kylo will probably end up the same way if Hux's coup is going to be a thing. However, I REALLY can't see them painting the Resistance as all that bad and needing to be stopped. Even "ambiguous" TLJ never got even close to that and we're supposed to care about the people in it. I'm still thinking the Resistance will triumph and the First Order will crumble as expected. I just hope we get some interesting conflict along the way.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 10 Feb 2018, 1:28 pm

interesting- I don't see Kylo's proposal as temptation to the dark side... even as he offers to teach her in TFA he says "I can show you the ways of the force" compared with "I can show you the dark side..." .

I don't think Kylo cares wherever she "turns" to the dark side- he just wants her by his side. Nope

I find it refreshing that not every powerful force-user is automatically tempted by the dark... her temptation isn't the darkness like being more powerful in the force or ruling over the galaxy. It's a Kylo/Ben as a person.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 10 Feb 2018, 1:30 pm

Night Huntress wrote:interesting- I don't see Kylo's proposal as temptation to the dark side... even as he offers to teach her in TFA he says "I can show you the ways of the force" compared with "I can show you the dark side..." .

I don't think Kylo cares wherever she "turns" to the dark side- he just wants her by his side. Nope

I find it refreshing that not every powerful force-user is automatically tempted by the dark... her temptation isn't the darkness like being more powerful in the force or ruling over the galaxy. It's a Kylo/Ben as a person.
@Night Huntress

No, I agree that Kylo's intention wasn't really to make Rey a dark sider. But by joining him in the way he wanted, she'd effectively be doing just that. Kylo and the dark side are sort of the same thing as of now.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Sat 10 Feb 2018, 2:34 pm

@ZioRen Rey's connection with Kylo and her conflicted feelings about him is really the only potential source of tension between her and the Resistance that I can see. I really don't see it being about their questionable tactics or ideology or anything like that, because they will still want us to root for them. But if they clash with Rey over Kylo, well it's understandable because nobody in the Resistance other than Rey has any reasons to feel charitable about him. To them he's just a hated enemy no. 1 who needs to be taken down.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 10 Feb 2018, 2:43 pm

Saracene wrote:@ZioRen Rey's connection with Kylo and her conflicted feelings about him is really the only potential source of tension between her and the Resistance that I can see. I really don't see it being about their questionable tactics or ideology or anything like that, because they will still want us to root for them. But if they clash with Rey over Kylo, well it's understandable because nobody in the Resistance other than Rey has any reasons to feel charitable about him. To them he's just a hated enemy no. 1 who needs to be taken down.
@Saracene

Yep, I think the same thing. Either they're going to find out about the Force connection or what really went down in Snoke's Throne Room, or Rey may even take action to protect Kylo specifically which would cast suspicion on her. Something like a dogfight would provide a great opportunity for this. But I also don't think the Resistance will be portrayed as all that wrong for their actions, since they obviously don't see Kylo the way Rey does for good reasons. This is where a character like Rose and her mindset by the end of TLJ could end up mattering greatly.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next