Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 41 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Mielikki Sun 17 Mar 2019, 3:14 pm

I sometimes think that we’re analysing too hard.

We’ve got our facts, right?
The supposed villain of the new trilogy is uncharacteristically kind to a mere scavenger from the get go. He even offers, neigh, BEGS her to rule the galaxy together with him. As a plus, it’s emphasised that he’s constantly feeling the pull of the light etc.

I mean, from a creators point of view it would be absolutely idiotic to build such a backstory for two movies in a row to just burn it up in flames in the final. There is a reason they’ve been showing us his conflict.

With Anakin/Vader it was always meant to be the story of how he fell. With Kylo, it’ll be about how he saves himself.
Mielikki
Mielikki
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 31 Mar 2019, 6:02 am

Ok I didn’t know where to put this or discuss it so am gonna go out on a limb and discuss this here . Below is the cover of Vader dark visions comic ( haven’t got my copy yet ) . It’s on Reddit and as has been pointed out there - George Lucas did mention his sequel trilogy was about Vader’s grandchildren . I’m a reylo through and through and want this more than anything since TFA but after seeing this part of me did wonder about this Lucas quote and whether they’ll spring something on us like Vader had a mistress and through this mistress Rey originates from so in essence both Rey and Kylo are two halves of the legacy of Vader but from different origin points. I really pray I am wrong about this because I don’t want this to be true and am hoping that this comic is leading us up the wrong tree, Has anyone got this comic yet ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/b7bdix/yasmine_putris_cover_for_vader_dark_visions_3_has/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 41 E25c3410

What do you think ? Do you think they’ll go there after everything we’ve seen with reylo ? Really hope this is nothing to worry about .....
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 31 Mar 2019, 6:43 am

@AhsokaTano You literally have nothing to worry about. I’m pretty sure Vaders sexual reproduction does not function. This comic is probably for world building purposes, i doubt they’ll pull that out of the rug in episode 9 when Rey’s parental arc has already been dealt with, also lets not ever forget Rian’s “sex scene” remarks, LF would not actively promote incest.

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 31 Mar 2019, 6:51 am

@AhsokaTano

By the force- I hope not! WTH   Let's forget about the Reylo aspect for a moment and concentrate on the impact on Vader/Anakin.

I have a hard time believing he would have a romantic relationship with anyone after Padmé, that would be so jarring... - and how would that even work physically? Weren't his "reproduction parts" severely burned on Mustafar Confus

I mean it's Star Wars they can explain everything away with the force- but still it would be really really horrible story telling. L-puke
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 31 Mar 2019, 4:54 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Ok I didn’t know where to put this or discuss it so am gonna go out on a limb and discuss this here . Below is the cover of Vader dark visions comic ( haven’t got my copy yet ) . It’s on Reddit and as  has been pointed out there - George Lucas did mention his sequel trilogy was about Vader’s grandchildren . I’m a reylo through and through and want this more than anything since TFA but after seeing this part of me did wonder about this Lucas quote and whether they’ll spring something on us like Vader had a mistress and through this mistress Rey originates from so in essence both Rey and Kylo are two halves of the legacy of Vader but from different origin points.  I really pray I am wrong about this  because I don’t want this to be true and am hoping that this comic is leading us up the wrong tree,  Has anyone got this comic yet ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsCantina/comments/b7bdix/yasmine_putris_cover_for_vader_dark_visions_3_has/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 41 E25c3410

What do you think ? Do you think they’ll go there after everything we’ve seen with reylo ? Really hope this is nothing to worry about .....
@AhsokaTano

Hi AhsokaTano
I’ve read the first two isssues of the visions comics- looks like the one with the ‘romance’ will be issue 3 that is released on 24 April.
The first two issues were about Vader from another character’s point of view- the series is about how others perceive Vader- which is shown to not be completely accurate...[I’ll avoid spoilers] I’m guessing the next issue will be the woman’s point of view- someone with a massive crush but there won’t be any reciprocation-and it’s not the true reality, you know?  I don’t think it would fit with what we know of Vader for him to even dabble lol.
Take heart! We will keep on hearing these theories till 20 December..
IMHO there is no way Reylos are related! I find that hilarious! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 31 Mar 2019, 7:13 pm

Carrie used to joke about a Leia-Vader having a post-coital scene during the ESB press tour. Which obvs was before Leia was merged with Nellis, the other female character who was Luke's long-lost sister (but I totally think that joke is part of what's going on in the ST). Otherwise, ha no way in Hell would that ever happen. George Lucas made it pretty clear at the end of the PT that Vader's nuts got toasted on Mustafar.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:04 pm

OK, post-trailer-release— we’re getting Palpatine. I know we’ve discussed this, but I’d love to see Hayden Christiansen back — and James Earl Jones— as Force Ghost Anakin/ Vader. Someone already mentioned the idea of the image (and I would hope, also the voice) flickering between handsome young Anakin and the disfigured man under the mask, and that would be so great— telling his grandson that he started out a slave like the ones working for the FO or the stolen children the FO calls soldiers, that he wanted to do good things for the galaxy and live his life with the woman he loved and have a family, and instead, look what he became. And telling Kylo THAT’S what he started.
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 13 Apr 2019, 4:21 pm

1. Kylo & Rey (and maybe the whole resistance) teaming up at least 1/2 through, if not a bit earlier

2. The KOR are protecting or want to find and protect the relics/artifacts/or anything that might still have to do with the empire & Palpatine, which would set them against the Resistance & Kylo who are all hunting for the same McGuffin (Palpatine's sith essence (not force ghost) is within one of those relics)

3. Force ghost Anakin & Luke (maybe Obi-Wan?)

4. 2 Reylo kisses, 1 in the heat of the moment (danger, cataclysmic moment) and another at the end
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 Sat 13 Apr 2019, 7:00 pm

Oh yeah, all the pictures and stories of the actor who plays Chewie's baby was kinda suspicious to me.. methinks that baby is actually cast in the movie. I hope reylo baby, but maybe flashback baby.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:14 am

Ok now that the trailer is out and the theories are out en force this one popped up on Reddit - it’s not really a theory but it’s the last page of book of the Sith which remember though not canon , Rian Johnson used it for his doppelgänger force projection we saw with Luke .
This is interesting because dark energy transfer makes me think Palpatine had a hand in creation of skywalkers and that he’s able to move from body to body but what caught my eye is he talks about him being the sithuari which is basically the chosen one .They’ve borrowed from this book before - they might do so again .
Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 41 D02dbf10
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker Sun 14 Apr 2019, 8:52 am

snufkin wrote:Without spoilers/leaks or even any marketing material available yet, this would be my current running list of expectations:

Time jump and opening allows for Rose & Finn to be a couple and for Rose and Rey to become friends which finally has the franchise showing two women just getting to hang out/talk & not be there in the service of the male characters
@snufkin

sorry but when where women in the service of the male characters in SW????
it's just unfair, when SW always was gender equal story, with Leia, Padme and Rey, and we have women friendship in TLJ too
Anakin Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 14 Apr 2019, 8:59 am

Anakin Skywalker wrote:
snufkin wrote:Without spoilers/leaks or even any marketing material available yet, this would be my current running list of expectations:

Time jump and opening allows for Rose & Finn to be a couple and for Rose and Rey to become friends which finally has the franchise showing two women just getting to hang out/talk & not be there in the service of the male characters
@snufkin

it's just unfair, when SW always was gender equal story, with Leia, Padme and Rey, and we have women friendship in TLJ too
@Anakin Skywalker

I believe snufkin is referencing the Bechdel Test, which is that 2 women need to interact in a movie and discuss anything other than the men & relationships in their lives. It gives more substance to the female roles and male characters interact all the time without talking about women. Surprisingly most movies, even newer movies don't pass the Bechdel Test.

So Leia is a great, strong character, no doubt about it, but she never interacts with another (named) female character... neither does Padme. People are waiting to see how the Leia & Rey, and more specifically Rey & Rose scenes turn out. Will they talk about something other than what's going on between them & the men in their lives.

Last edited by SheLitAFire on Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:02 am

This is what always gets me mad regarding what John refers to as the 'toxic minority' amongst the fandoms.
At twelve what I found so different about SW was the strong central female character. Leia was unlike any heroine I'd seen before. We had a black actor in a major role (Lando).
These films were ALWAYS breaking new ground. Why oh why 'long term' fans seem to think they belong to white males is beyond me.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:38 am

You know what will be funny?

JJ said pre-TFA that Rey's last name isn't public because there is a reason for this.

Skywalker is very popular last name in-universe, right?

Imagine if she discovers that her last name Skywalker too?

Then Kylo will marry her, becomes Organa-Solo-Skywalker and the circle is now complete.

rendeer
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:00 am

Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@snufkin

@Anakin Skywalker

Anakin Skywalker wrote:

@snufkin

@Anakin Skywalker

Padme & Satine, became friends during TCW.

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 41 5097133233_da9a0128a9_b
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 14 Apr 2019, 10:32 am

When I saw the title, I immediately thought of Ben. It might also have to do with the Skwalker legacy in regards to both the family itself and the future of the Jedi as a whole. Anakin might even show up. But like someone says above, maybe it really does refer to Rey if she joins the family. It wouldn't take away from her parents being no one, since she still overcomes trauma, and her powers seemingly don't come from them either.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 41 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 39, 40, 41