Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 26 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Teo oswald Sat 14 Apr 2018, 1:49 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Ben with facial hair at the very end, signifying that he's now a MAAAN
@Saracene
exactly what I was thinking
in the end we understand that he is now grown, the transition from adolescent to man, not only mentally but also physically Smile

@Night Huntress
I am convinced that Ben will eventually drive his father's spaceship, with Rey at his side, we will also see some jokes on the MF Smile

Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 14 Apr 2018, 3:28 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth_marshmallow wrote:After the „Solo” trailer I’ve been wondering why Chewie is still sticking around after Han’s death? Yes, he's commited to the Resistance but is it the main reason? If Han rescues from slavery not only Chewie but also his wife and son (I believe the Star Wars Christmas special is canon), maybe Chewie’s life debt includes not only Han but his family also?
@Darth_marshmallow

Chewie and Rey seem pretty attached to each other. I got the impression that Chewie has stuck around post-Han's-death so far out of loyalty to/wanting to help Rey.
@ISeeAnIsland

In-universe, this is the likely reason, while the out-of-universe reason would be because TPTB and the audience want him be part of the story. I want to keep seeing Chewie in the ST, but I hope he gets to see his family again too.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 14 Apr 2018, 2:06 pm

Saracene wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we see Ben with facial hair at the very end, signifying that he's now a MAAAN Smile
@Saracene

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 26 206d8b10
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 14 Apr 2018, 3:07 pm

I don't know if I want Kylo with facial hair or not. He might look too much like Adam on Girls lol.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 14 Apr 2018, 6:45 pm

Maybe I've been fooled and this is not legit. LOL. but there was this concept art for TLJ that had what looks to me like a beard on Kylo.
I like it!
Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 26 Concep10

I can't directly link the image.. this was the source: https://dark-and-light-rise.tumblr.com/image/170227550507
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by liveinsummee Sun 15 Apr 2018, 10:58 am

It's been a while since i visited this forum, i'm lurking nowadays.. Whether Kylo will be Clean shaved back to TFA kind style or beard to show more adult.. Even just stubbles..

As long they, stylist, JJ.. Keep Kylo Ren's fabulous soft hair and not bald.. I'm okay. Hahahah XD
liveinsummee
liveinsummee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://modestmi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 17 Apr 2018, 9:17 pm

One question I have after finishing Jason Fry's novel with the PoVs presented for characters like Peavey, Hux, and Snoke is what's going to happen with the First Order. Because all the "Welp Kylo's the Big Bad becuz he didn't listen to Rey" conclusions seem a little, IDK? Simplistic? Also not paying attention to all the dagger looks Hux throws him before and after the 'almost shot him' moment or Peavey rolling his eyes behind Hux's back. The novel makes it pretty clear that the First Order only survived this long because of Snoke's intervention/knowledge of the Unknown Regions and that the leadership structure was a succession of power plays/backstabbing with him the last one standing. And that his whole goal was about consolidating and extending his own personal power, with manipulating both Hux and Kylo to serve those ends. The whole PoV in the Throne Room seems to be "...well maybe he's not a screw up after all and I may think about keeping him around after I have him kill this girl from Jakku who could've been useful, but who stands in my way." Like Han's dying warning was pretty f**king prophetic, Snoke was in this only for himself. Add in the Peavey and Hux PoVs about what they think is going to mean a successful take over of the galaxy and building a new Empire (very different ideas) and Holdo wiping out their mobile capital. IX has to throw all of this into the mix, doesn't it?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 19 Apr 2018, 4:43 am

A prediction I came up with just now is Kylo would have a death scene, and he'll be stabbed through the heart by none other that his own lightsaber. I see Hux going cray-cray and stabbing Kylo yhrough the back, maybe even with Rey watching.

It would be a poetic 'death' as his biggest regret so far was killing Han, and to die the same way would be symbolic of repaying his debt. "An Eye for an Eye"

But Rey will be able to bring him back by the Force. Not the way the Jedi or Sith would, but by simply tapping into the pure Force.

This could work with the "Harry Potter" death, where Kylo might even see Anakin or Luke and have a choice to go back or move on.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_marshmallow Thu 19 Apr 2018, 6:25 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:A prediction I came up with just now is Kylo would have a death scene, and he'll be stabbed through the heart by none other that his own lightsaber. I see Hux going cray-cray and stabbing Kylo yhrough the back, maybe even with Rey watching.

It would be a poetic 'death' as his biggest regret so far was killing Han, and to die the same way would be symbolic of repaying his debt. "An Eye for an Eye"

But Rey will be able to bring him back by the Force. Not the way the Jedi or Sith would, but by simply tapping into the pure Force.

This could work with the "Harry Potter" death, where Kylo might even see Anakin or Luke and have a choice to go back or move on.
@Rei of Sunshine

I have a similar scenario in my mind. I‘m predicting there will be a showdown between the First Order technology vs the Force. I’m certain that Hux has some super duper weapon stashed away just for the occasion and will try to use it to bend the whole Galaxy to his will (or destroy it). Kylo will be the only one able to stop him. As a consequence, he will be severly wounded. At this point I believe the audience will be cheering for Ben to live.
Darth_marshmallow
Darth_marshmallow
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 19 Apr 2018, 10:44 am

Darth_marshmallow wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:A prediction I came up with just now is Kylo would have a death scene, and he'll be stabbed through the heart by none other that his own lightsaber. I see Hux going cray-cray and stabbing Kylo yhrough the back, maybe even with Rey watching.

@Rei of Sunshine

I have a similar scenario in my mind. I‘m predicting there will be a showdown between the First Order technology vs the Force. I’m certain that Hux has some super duper weapon stashed away just for the occasion and will try to use it to bend the whole Galaxy to his will (or destroy it). Kylo will be the only one able to stop him. As a consequence, he will be severly wounded. At this point I believe the audience will be cheering for Ben to live.
@Darth_marshmallow

Oh heck yeah, the audience will be cheering for Ben. They were cheering for him in the PG scene in TLJ.

I saw TLJ 5 times in the theatre...in every single showing, when Ben takes out the last guard with the lightsaber-through-the-face, the audience erupted in cheers.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by olyer Thu 19 Apr 2018, 11:08 am

"But Rey will be able to bring him back by the Force. Not the way the Jedi or Sith would, but by simply tapping into the pure Force. "

I thought a really cool thing to do might be to have Rey call upon the Force and have it be represented by Force Ghosts - Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia - all helping her Force-heal him. That'd give the message that the Force wanted him alive. Maybe that's why there's a rumor of Yoda coming back--maybe they'd have him be a representative of the Force, too.

If I really wanted to go all out, I would even bring in images of every Jedi or Sith ever to be in the EU, including animated images. Kind of like The Day of the Doctor (Doctor Who) bringing in all the Doctors.
olyer
olyer
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 19 Apr 2018, 1:17 pm

olyer wrote:"But Rey will be able to bring him back by the Force. Not the way the Jedi or Sith would, but by simply tapping into the pure Force. "

I thought a really cool thing to do might be to have Rey call upon the Force and have it be represented by Force Ghosts - Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia - all helping her Force-heal him. That'd give the message that the Force wanted him alive. Maybe that's why there's a rumor of Yoda coming back--maybe they'd have him be a representative of the Force, too.

If I really wanted to go all out, I would even bring in images of every Jedi or Sith ever to be in the EU, including animated images. Kind of like The Day of the Doctor (Doctor Who) bringing in all the Doctors.
@olyer

Yeah sort of like the Avatar State when Korra got cut off from all her past lives and she saw all of them disappear (although not sad like this).

FG is like next level Force business. So maybe if Ben does sacrifice himself in a way, or has redeemed himself somewhat, the Force Ghosts offer him a chance to experience their realm.

Imagine Anakin telling him he's a proud grandpa. And Anakin holds out his hand for Ben to join him among the powerful and wise Force Ghosts and never have to suffer again.
and that's like FanBoy Dream Come True for Ben Solo. To be acknowledged and welcomed by his grandfather.

But he declines Anakin's offer of peace and power, and goes back to Rey to be mortal and accept whatever consequences await him.

I'll sob in the cinema when that happens.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 24 Apr 2018, 1:18 am

It's been mentioned a few times here that Kasdan is responsible for many of the themes and developments of the ST. I'm less familiar with the background of TFA, so does anyone know to what extent he was involved? I know he was a producer, then he and JJ became the screenwriters when Michael Ardnt left.

Was it the dynamic between Rey and Kylo that he made? Were Rey and Kylo themselves JJ's creations, or did Kasdan, the Story Group, KK, etc. have major input?

It seems relevant given that Kasdan isn't formally part of the ST anymore, as he went on to do Solo, and everyone moved on without him. I'd like to think that JJ will be fine without him on IX.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Tue 24 Apr 2018, 6:13 am

@californiagirl Oh this is the only one fear I have about IX. I see a lot of Kasdan's work in Kylo - and Rian did his job well, but there were moments in TLJ when Kylo is very underdeveloped for "mystery" purpose (f.e. shirtless scene)... Kasdan wrote the bridge scene in TFA and I'm sure that Kasdan was involved in writing Interrogation scene...
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 26 Apr 2018, 6:55 pm

This is an interesting conversation and it sparked a wish for Episode IX so thought I'd put it in this thread. Hope that's okay. Definitely just a wish and not a spoiler (I wish!)  Very Happy
conversation from spoilers thread- spoilered for brevity:

I need to learn more about Chandrila, so this is interesting info! Thanks for sharing Kylo Rey.
I agree with you guys-  the idea of ending in a lush, fertile environment would be wonderful.

My dream scenario is for the ST to end on a restored Jakku. So I'm going to go with this prediction.  
That may sound really weird.. but... I heard that in it's distant past Jakku was a lush, green planet - Apparently this is in Empire's end.. I really need to read the Aftermath trilogy!
I found the reference in the book online so thought I'd share it.. but.. I can't give this context.
Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 26 Lush_j10
The force is strong with this one  Laughing  It doesn't look it but underneath there is much life!
Soooooo something happened to it the surface life. It's like the hearts of Jakku the planet and it's inhabitants have been broken and they are waiting, hoping for restoration, peace and an end to their suffering...
I'm not up on the history in detail, but I like the idea that the ST could end with Rey's home planet being restored to it's former glory somehow- We could end with a glimpse of Jakku with new life sprouting up all over the place.. water collecting.. rains falling..
Maybe 'the balance' that it seems Rey and Kylo/Ben will mysteriously bring to the galaxy, will enable this.

It would be a wonderful closure to Rey's story.. the plight of people on Jakku, and her parent's own (likely) desperate lives which impacted Rey tragically.. it would be healing and a wonderful metaphor. I love Kylo/Ben - but not everything has to be a metaphor for part of his journey. We had that metaphor with starkiller.. Now I want Rey's planetary metaphor to bring her story to a conclusion. It also brings the story of imbalance and war in the galaxy to a conclusion.

Plus, it is would be a fabulous play on the joke about going back to Jakku! Very Happy

Oh my.. nearly less than 600 days till episode IX!!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 02 Jun 2018, 10:50 pm

Hi All, I've copied over this quote from Takodana woods.. Hope that's okay @SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Cantonica (the home planet of Canto Bight) has a chapter "Cantonica, About Ten Years Ago." It (the place setting is an amphitheater in Canto Bight) is described as a galactic underworld/criminal syndicate haven.

However, in the Star Wars Databank - it is now described as "Located in the Corporate Sector, Cantonica would be just another forlorn, beige desert planet if not for the presence of the ultra-wealthy resort city of Canto Bight, which draws well-heeled tourists and high-rolling gamblers from across the galaxy."

I believe that change is due to Qi'ra.  Due to Rebels, we know Darth Maul was disposed (he was in rags when he faced off with Obi-Wan Kenobi), and as we know - died due to the face off.  

My headcanon - and if I am wrong - no biggie - but I think she became the leader of Crimson Dawn, yet because she is gray...her attempt to reform it is to transform what we see of Canto Bight in the present.  In her skewed version of looking at the world, that is reform.  I will not be surprised if in Episode 9, she is revealed to be the Queen/Prime Minister of the location (obviously, recasted - an older goddess Very Happy), and she will be part of the solution because she will have her version of redemption...she may be the key to the reform for the arms dealers selling to both.
@SW_Heroine_Journey
I love this!!!!! You know, this would make the whole side trip to Canto bight that much more relevant and feel like less of a tag on.

Can you imagine if Qi'ra came across Han Solo's son?? She may actually wish to help him in some way.. ahem..
The possibilities are endless. I do hope Qi'ra can have a redemption story of her own one day!

Has anyone read the Canto Bight novel? I've read the DJ comic but it was a while ago.. I might check it again and see if the criminal syndicates at work in Canto are named..

Let me guess - are people predicting Qi'ra will be Rey's mother in IX?! tee hee..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:09 pm

DeeBee wrote:

Can you imagine if Qi'ra came across Han Solo's son?? She may actually wish to help him in some way.. ahem..
The possibilities are endless. I do hope Qi'ra can have a redemption story of her own one day!
@DeeBee

Please no, I love to learn more about Qi'ra- but I hate that everyone needs to stumble across everyone in SW. It's a big galaxy...don't make it feel like a small village with a population of 100 people.

And- I may be a bit salty here...but as much as I love Qi'ra I don't want her anywhere near Han's family.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:14 pm

@Night Huntress - that's cool. I can totally see your point..
I'd be happy if Qi'ra is not joined up with IX's story.. She's a really interesting character all on her own! And doesn't need to be tied in to Han's family this is true.

But if she is, I'll enjoy that - and I would enjoy there being more relevance to Canto Bight that maybe a connection to Qi'ra could provide!

If we don't get to see her in IX, I do hope that we will see a conclusion to her story. I'd love to see her redeemed in some way.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:22 pm

DeeBee wrote:@Night Huntress - that's cool. I can totally see your point..
I'd be happy if Qi'ra is not joined up with IX's story.. She's a really interesting character all on her own! And doesn't need to be tied in to Han's family this is true.

But if she is, I'll enjoy that - and I would enjoy there being more relevance to Canto Bight that maybe a connection to Qi'ra could provide!

If we don't get to see her in IX, I do hope that we will see a conclusion to her story. I'd love to see her redeemed in some way.
@DeeBee
If she is not seen in IX, I am totally OK with that...Very Happy  Even if we never see her again, I like to think she did what she did to not only save Han, but other runaways/children, so they are not immersed in such a life.  She had a resolve of...'I may be lost - but not others' sort of thing.  To me, she had a hand in Darth Maul's downfall, and maybe the criminal underworld for the most part in the galaxy.  Even if it is never solved, it will be my headcanon! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sat 02 Jun 2018, 11:26 pm

I am starting to wonder that regardless if the Kenobi Anthology movie occurs or not, that Kenobi will make an appearance in Episide 9 (obviously as a Force Ghost).  If so, I am thinking Ewan will be appearing as a younger version, versus CGI work of Alec Guinness.

If I'm wrong though - no biggie! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 03 Jun 2018, 2:03 am

Night Huntress wrote:
DeeBee wrote:

@DeeBee

Please no, I love to learn more about Qi'ra- but I hate that everyone needs to stumble across everyone in SW. It's a big galaxy...don't make it feel like a small village with a population of 100 people.

And- I may be a bit salty here...but as much as I love Qi'ra I don't want her anywhere near Han's family.
@Night Huntress

Neither, apparently, does Kylo (on one of “his” many Twitter accounts): Very Happy

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 26 E0614110
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy Sun 03 Jun 2018, 2:45 am

I'm one of the few people who wants to see an older Qi'ra in episode 9. And that idea that she may have finally reached the ultimate power to actually make a difference in the galaxy (prime minister or whatever) is also one of my headcannon. I suspected her to be Rey's mom but after watching Solo, it would be impossible for her to abandon her child in the desert after what she went through in her own childhood.

Imagine a scene in episode 9 where Lando asks Qi'ra for help after both discovered what happened to Han! I would cry (ha!). A third faction will probably be introduced in episode 9 as an enemy to both the Resistance/Republic and the FO, a faction where Rey and Ben can finally stand as one to end all conflicts. So i'm assuming the FO will NOT be destroyed but will be taken over by a more capable leader at the end of 9.

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 03 Jun 2018, 3:19 am

Apriljandy wrote:I'm one of the few people who wants to see an older Qi'ra in episode 9. And that idea that she may have finally reached the ultimate power to actually make a difference in the galaxy (prime minister or whatever) is also one of my headcannon. I suspected her to be Rey's mom but after watching Solo, it would be impossible for her to abandon her child in the desert after what she went through in her own childhood.

Imagine a scene in episode 9 where Lando asks Qi'ra for help after both discovered what happened to Han! I would cry (ha!). A third faction will probably be introduced in episode 9 as an enemy to both the Resistance/Republic and the FO, a faction where Rey and Ben can finally stand as one to end all conflicts. So i'm assuming the FO will NOT be destroyed but will be taken over by a more capable leader at the end of 9.
@Apriljandy

Well count me in as someone who would be very interested in Ben meeting up with Q'ira and Lando in Episode IX. I know that it seems unthinkable when considering Leia, but if they don't recast Leia, then the character is gone *and* some of the final moments we have with her are her giving up on her son and designating Poe as her heir apparent. IOW, she has been left on a really bad note "motherwise". There is also this thing that the Skywalker legacy has been really bad for Ben and how they increasingly seem to be identifying him with his Solo side. Further, the force doesn't seem to have been Ben's friend either. So for Ben to run into some of his father's "people" from a time pre-Skywalker and pre-Force time might be pretty poignant ... and might actually help ever-lonely Ben get some "people" of his own.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Tue 05 Jun 2018, 2:02 am

Hi all!
I've got two predictions to add...
1- IX will end with Reylo child/children playing with Han's dice! [not too young we don't want a choking hazard rofl]

2- [okay this one is a crack prediction]- Hux will hire Qi'ra's organisation to assassinate Kylo/Ben.. whoa! will she? and... will she realise Kylo Ren is really Ben Solo before it's too late? duh duh duuuuhhhhhhh...
tee hee..
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Tue 05 Jun 2018, 3:16 am

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth_marshmallow wrote:

@Rei of Sunshine

@Darth_marshmallow

Oh heck yeah, the audience will be cheering for Ben. They were cheering for him in the PG scene in TLJ.

I saw TLJ 5 times in the theatre...in every single showing, when Ben takes out the last guard with the lightsaber-through-the-face, the audience erupted in cheers.
@ISeeAnIsland

the intent was this, to be hated by the public after Han's death, with the last jedi, to be desired and admired for Snoke's death, to understand his past with Luke. In episode IX the publicist will want to know if he will survive. It's all strategy. they created a complex character full of shades but also interesting in the dark side Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next