Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for Episode 9

+80
Forsythia
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Night Huntress
motherofpearl1
SoloSideCousin
AhsokaTano
twilekempire
Teo oswald
snufkin
Lily Snape
Mila95
Birdwoman
californiagirl
Saracene
SanghaRen
guardienne
Dar-ren19
Starliteprism
rey09
Kylo Rey
Riri
MrsWindu
Chris24601
PalmettoBlue
DeeBee
SW_Heroine_Journey
giaciak2
Kylo Men
4forYouRey-lolo
Atenais
LadyGaufrette
MaddieDove
Darth Rowan
Casper
Geralt_Riv
Mielikki
Tex
liveinsummee
Darth_marshmallow
olyer
Rei of Sunshine
PrincessPorg
Moonlight13
princessmoon
Piper Maru
Darth Snoopy
Ramblingrose
sunshine677
Xylo Ren
RosiePancake
BB-Rey
rawpowah
JustMe
bashfulblueeyes3
MyOnlyHope
Darth_Awakened
Apriljandy
CienaRee
Let The Past Die
KnightsofReylo_2015
ReyofLightSide
special_cases
SheLitAFire
12 Parsnips
FrolickingFizzgig
ZioRen
SW Nutt
Man Without A Star
tukicarreno
Irina de France
lauvamp
whisperingwillow
ISeeAnIsland
vaderito
thescavenger
cherrylipstick
nickandnora
IoJovi
Kessel
84 posters

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 32 Empty Re: Predictions for Episode 9

Post by Night Huntress Sun 15 Jul 2018, 4:12 am

DeeBee wrote:
@Night Huntress - hope you don't mind if I address just this part of your comment. I too love love love the thought that slavery will come to an end in IX. I agree, this is a thread throughout all IX movies. I also think it is foreshadowed that it will end.. [but okay I can't be certain of anything at this point!]
There is a scene in The Phantom Menace where they all sit to eat during the storm as Anakin and Shmi's guests. The scene starts with finding out that Anakin and Shmi are basically walking time bombs who can't escape their slavery or they would be literally blown up. Padme is surprised that slavery still exists.. and Shmi points out that the republic doesn't cover Tatooine.
When Anakin shares his suspicion that Qui-Gon is a Jedi, Anakin goes on to say: "I had a dream I was a Jedi. I came back here and freed all the slaves." Anakin is strong in the force.. So I wonder if this was really force visions he was having.. He does indeed become a Jedi, but sadly he does not return to Tatooine to free the slaves - I wonder if maybe this is something his grandson will achieve in IX (and he will finish what his grandfather started). I think this would be a really wonderful way to end IX, and a way to heal the past, and make way for a better future. I can see FG Anakin returning to say well done.. awh!! With Rey also having been raised basically as a slave this adds to the significance and awh value!

Anakin's line continues on as he asks Qui-Gon " have you come to free us?" Qui-Gon replies "No, I'm afraid not." - I think this was a flaw of the Jedi order- freeing Anakin but leaving Shmi a slave was a key failing moment in Jedi order history. Maybe for the new kind of Jedi - the answer to Anakin's question is a big Yes. I can hope!
@DeeBee

Of course I don't mind- I love discussing different aspects and opinions  Thumbs up

The scenes you mentioned are exactly the ones I was thinking about too! Anakin wanted to free all the slaves- sadly because of his tragic circumstances he didn't- quite the opposite...as Vader he kind of even supported slavery.

I haven't read all of the Vader comics/books- so maybe it did get addressed somewhere in the additional material. But I guess after he has fallen to the dark side and lost everything he loved, he just stopped caring about other people?

It would be so epic if "I finished what you started" from Kylo's speech to Vader's helmet in TFA wasn't just about gaining power and ruling the galaxy- but also something more ambiguous...like freeing slaves for example.

AND I never was a big fan of the old Jedi Order even before the Disney era...and one of my main issues was that they didn't seem to care much about the "small average" people. It's like they thought "well, they're of no consequence to the bigger picture" so that's not our problem...

I remember before the prequels I had my own idea about what a Jedi Knight was...and it was very different from what they ended up being in canon. I thought they were knights fighting for the injustice defending the poor and oppressed people. Not some space monks dwelling in their own ways of believing and being indifferent to the suffering of the simple people.

So when Luke said in the teaser trailer "It's time for the Jedi to end" I was agreeing so much! Because Luke in the OT wasn't really a traditional Jedi. He went against Yoda's advise in ESB he refused to kill his father, he cared for his friends and other people OVER the cause.

That's why I'm so happy Rey is a nobody! She is basically one of those people no-one cared about. Not the Jedi, not the Republic and not Snoke...and still she had such a big influence on the "big cause". Just like Anakin who was a simple slave boy (don't know why Lucas went for the whole Immaculate Conception BS- and not just simply let Anakin be a random strong force user but whatever  Rolling Eyes  ).

Anyway- I hope we see a complex Supreme Leader Ben Solo in IX...one that does make some bad, but also good decisions. Let him be ruthless against the "rebellion", but also kind to the people who already allied themselves with him. That would make things much more complicated for the audience. I read a few stories about this kind of rulers...they are brutal to their enemies but also fiercely protective of their people.
I know wishful thinking - but who knows?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 19 Jul 2018, 4:57 am

@Night Huntress - Cool! I'm with you in hoping an end to slavery is part of the saga's conclusion. I love how you put all this!!!!

To be honest I really don't mind if we don't even see SL Ben or Kylo or whatever - I'm really open to anything - so long as it ends with Redeemed Ben and Reylo! To have redeemed Ben we have to see him make selfless and positive decisions so I think it's covered.
And I have no desire to see Kylo/Ben be ruthless... I'd prefer he not be doing anything in IX that requires further forgiveness when that redemption comes - rofl! Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 21 Jul 2018, 10:32 pm

Now we know Lando is confirmed to be in IX..
I'm going to predict we get a scene with Lando in horror at finding the porgs eating his precious Millennium Falcon!
Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 32 5oFoYIf
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 22 Jul 2018, 9:01 pm

Found this on tumblr- fan art but I loveee the design!! The left one is a sexy look

source:https://www.tumblr.com/princeofdarkness15

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 32 Tumblr_pcajp79Y9N1vat855_540

Also I'm too effin eager to get ANY kind of leak about Rey making her own double saber. Like this is it...IT JUST HAS TO HAPPEN DAMN IT!

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 32 Tumblr_pcajp7nUjA1vat855_540

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Episode 9 - Page 32 Empty force powers in IX

Post by DeeBee Thu 26 Jul 2018, 5:44 am

Hi All! I'd love to hear your thoughts!!!
If you could hope to see the force used in some old way and/or new way in IX- what would you like to see in IX?!
One of the best things about the force is that, it is only really limited by our imaginations! I love to see 'clever' use of the force.. rather than brute force! [how Kylo/Ben defeated Snoke was sooo good!] I love force projection and force bond in TLJ and the laser beam freeze in TFA!!
Anyone else feel this way?

Okay, this is a predictions thread.. I'll share a few wishes/predictions/thoughts for how we could see the force be used in IX! [lol maybe these have already been seen somewhere in SW world haaaa it's not like I'm across it all haaaa!]
1) The MF's hyperdrive is broken (it's an ongoing joke after all), and it can't be fixed - so Rey (and/or Ben) use the force to propel the MF through hyperspace.
2) I'd like to see the force be used to create a new hyperspace route for the MF to utilise. Maybe a permanent hyperroute is not possible but at least a temporary one maybe. This could be cool if the FO hyperspace tracking is still operational in IX because the technology is about (if I've understood it correctly) calculating possibilities based on known/existing hyperspace highways. It also reminds me of Solo the movie - where the kessel run was a set hyperspace route, but the MF with L7's help took a shorter (ha quicker!) more dangerous version of the kessel run.

3) less geeky and more romantic.. I'd love to see Kylo/Ben working on the inside of the FO to bring it down.. Reylo continues to connect via their force bond - and as they drift in and out of each other's lives at various moments - they alternately leave behind Han's dice for the other - back and forth.. throughout the movie.. Smile continuing on this theme that started in solo.. and was continued in TLJ..

4) simple things - like using the force to open a lock or something! [would love to see Finn freak out about Rey doing that, but Rose is all - whoa you're cool to Rey! ]

5) How about tickling someone with the force??!!! that could be totally played for cutes! [I can see the marketing now haaa!] I like seeing the force used in a playful way - we so rarely see this -Anakin's food preparation for Padme?! Anyone come up with a Reylo version?!!

6) I'd love to see Rey use what is traditionally viewed as a dark side force power and use it while staying firmly in the light - something like say force lightning. [and lol how the fanboys would flip out  haaaaa] If it is used for selfless reasons maybe it is possible for it to have limited use without corrupting.. could play into the whole dark and light balance thing coming together in IX too.

7) I'm a little hesitant about having a force user raise someone from the dead - I would prefer this is metaphorical!
I think it would need to be clear that it is an extraordinary one off, or it would reduce the stakes of everything - who cares if someone dies if you can just bring them back whenever?! you know?  But..I'm ready to be surprised and won over by things I would not have predicted ha!

8 ) Let us briefly see Rey constructing her light saber using the force. I think this looked very cool in TCW - and as so many fan fics have written, having Kylo/Ben watch Rey in awe would be a fabulous moment ( a quick one too.. 10 seconds of that and I'd be in reylo heaven!)

9) I think this legends force power- Force scattering- could be very handy for Rey or Kylo/Ben to use so the other can't find them, if they are hiding from each other at the start of IX. [http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_scattering] Yep I predict we'll see Force scattering in IX. But - will this mean they can not connect via their force bond still?

10) BTW - in TLJ comic adaptation we learned that while Luke was cut off from the force, he actually was never 100% able to - it broke through at times whether he liked it or not.. for me I think this is a clue that if the force wants Rey and Kylo to connect - they cannot 100% override it or prevent it! [Can share more on this content if you like I just haven't gotten around to it lol too busy dreaming up ideas while going about Real life!]

I wonder if they've tried not to overuse the force in the films - so it's not seen as magic or something.. what do you think?
For me, I like to see the force used.. it's special.. and with not a massive number of force users around, and Rey and Kylo/Ben being supposedly all 'raw power' I'd love to see the force used more often and in interesting new ways.

So much fun to dream and imagine! Anyone got any force powers they'd really love to see in IX?
Bye!  sunny

[we are almost less than 500 days out from IX!]
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Thu 26 Jul 2018, 7:59 am

Force healing. Not like in raising someone from the dead, but being able to control matter in that way that the wound gets repaired, or at least stopping the hemorrhaging until the medical help arrives. It can additionally show that the raw power of the force user is being tuned and refined, and that the force is not used only in a destructive or defensive ways, but life affirming and positive ones. Nice romantic scenarios can be imagined with that power, as numerous fanfics attest.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessPorg Thu 26 Jul 2018, 6:51 pm

Watching TLJ for the tenth time or so, and I think that Kylo’s elevator vision hasn’t yet come to pass and will happen in Episode IX. “I saw something too…When the moment comes, you’ll be the one to turn. You’ll stand with me.” I don’t think there was anything in TLJ where Rey turn, yeah she fought the red guards but did she really turn? No. I think Rey’s vision has already happened.
I wonder if Rey will somehow turn against the resistance, perhaps just briefly, to help save him? Any thoughts?

Also, more thoughts. Anakin did everything he could to try to save Padmé and turned to the dark side. I think Kylo Ben will turn to the light side trying to save Rey. “It’s about saving who we love” - Rose. Alright, I’ll head back to my lurker cave.
PrincessPorg
PrincessPorg
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 27 Jul 2018, 4:10 am

MaddieDove wrote:Force healing. Not like in raising someone from the dead, but being able to control matter in that way that the wound gets repaired, or at least stopping the hemorrhaging until the medical help arrives. It can additionally show that the raw power of the force user is being tuned and refined, and that the force is not used only in a destructive or defensive ways, but life affirming and positive ones. Nice romantic scenarios can be imagined with that power, as numerous fanfics attest.
@MaddieDove
Hi MaddieDove, I love this!!!! Who would you like to see heal who?
I'd like to see Kylo/Ben heal Finn. I think this would be a selfless thing to do if his redemption arc is just starting out..
Healing 'the Traitor' how cool. And more interesting than seeing Kylo/Ben heal Rey.
Heck, lets just have the whole of the resistance on the MF fall unconscious because of that pipe Rey mentioned in TFA (right before Han and Chewie boarded) - and Kylo/Ben has to heal the whole flippin resistance and ensure it's survival. ha!

PrincessPorg wrote:Watching TLJ for the tenth time or so, and I think that Kylo’s elevator vision hasn’t yet come to pass and will happen in Episode IX. “I saw something too…When the moment comes, you’ll be the one to turn. You’ll stand with me.” I don’t think there was anything in TLJ where Rey turn, yeah she fought the red guards but did she really turn? No. I think Rey’s vision has already happened.
I wonder if Rey will somehow turn against the resistance, perhaps just briefly, to help save him? Any thoughts?

Also, more thoughts. Anakin did everything he could to try to save Padmé and turned to the dark side. I think Kylo Ben will turn to the light side trying to save Rey. “It’s about saving who we love” - Rose. Alright, I’ll head back to my lurker cave.
@PrincessPorg
Only the tenth time PrincessPorg?! haaa kidding! Sounds great!

I love your idea that I bolded!!!! Kylo/Ben could save Rey through a light side power it doesn't have to be healing.. like maybe.... a Protection Bubble!
[ http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Protection_bubble ] No doubt, in a protection bubble Kylo/Ben would need to hold Rey very very very very close.. ahem.  H-beating

About the visions - If I've understood what you have said correctly, we seem to understand what Kylo was communicating differently here, but I do agree with you that the content of the visions will be addressed in IX. Let's hope  Very Happy  

When looking at Kylo/Ben's vision, we need the full quote:
"Rey: You don’t have to do this. I feel the conflict in you. It’s tearing you apart.
Ben? When we touched hands I saw the future. Just the shape of it but solid and clear. You will not bow before Snoke. You will turn. (whispers) I will help you. I saw it.
Kylo/Ben:I saw something too. Because of what I saw I know when the moment comes, you’ll be the one to turn. You’ll stand with me. Rey, I saw who your parents are."
My understanding is Ben saw who Rey's parents are, and because of this, he thinks she will choose to be with him. [And he uses this information to get her to join him when they talk in the throne room.]
I also suspect that when Rey said she saw a vision of them together in the future- Kylo/Ben doesn't doubt this, and thinks it is a legit force vision so he is taking this information into consideration too - he believes they will be together in future... And he doesn't see himself as turning.. which means she turns.
I'm thinking Rey saw the future and Kylo/Ben saw her past.. but I'm totally open to having this be overturned by new knowledge in IX!
I agree we haven't seen this vision fully play out yet - in one sense it did because Kylo/Ben turned on Snoke, but in another sense I think there's hints that there were more personal visions of the future and them together for Rey to have reacted the way she did in the hut. Hmm we'll see!
I think there are also questions about TFA vision Rey had at Maz's- I recently commented on that vision of Kylo/Ben and the KOR in the KOR thread playing around with it.. but.. I hope we get a few more answers!  sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessPorg Fri 27 Jul 2018, 7:26 pm

@deebee
a force protection bubble! That sounds cool. Ok, adding that now to my new head canon.
As I've been thinking about it, I am so convinced Kylo Ren is going to turn to the light side in an act that saves Rey. I'm so excited about it I can't even type up any of my ideas - especially with all the new casting announcement today. Will have to return with more thoughts!
PrincessPorg
PrincessPorg
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Fri 27 Jul 2018, 11:01 pm

While I think the dialogue could be used to imply that Kylo only saw the past/Rey’s parents and he thought that getting her to acknowledge this would be enough to get her to join him (and him just being very wrong about that, just as Rey was wrong that Kylo would turn), I think in terms of overall narrative it works better if his vision was of a future event where she ‘turns’ (and that his turning is also still in the future).

I think it works better for two reasons. First, if Rey turns against her friends in the Resistance to save Kylo (particularly if she, as I suspect, does so in a way that causes them no harm) then it puts her ‘betrayal’ in TLJ into a specific context for Kylo; that she will side against someone she cares about to protect someone else she cares about, but that this doesn’t mean she’s stopped caring about the one she’s siding against. This should get the poor boy to realize that his mistake was in not understanding that Rey is so deep down lonely that she will never stop fighting for anyone she cares about and that if he’d just called off the attack on the fleeing ships (who could have been blockaded on Crait with no help coming) he and Empress Rey would have already been making royal heirs by now.

Short version; it provides the insight into where precisely he screwed up so he cam then learn from that mistake.

The second reason I think it’s important that Rey ‘turn’ and stand with him over the Resistance at some point is that; just as Vader needed his son to cast away his lightsaber out of love for his father and Beast needed Belle to return to him out of love for him; Kylo, who always felt he came in second to his parents other duties and felt betrayed by Luke, NEEDS someone to pick him over some other duty before he’ll be able make the narrative leap to the sacrifice he’ll need to make to earn his redemption.

If Carrie had lived I this this role would have fallen explicitly to Leia as his mother. But in her place I am certain it has to be Rey who sides with Kylo at a critical moment.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 28 Jul 2018, 1:02 am

@Chris24601 - Hi Chris! There was talk of what was seen in the visions not long ago.... found it!
It was in TLJ section Kylo/Ben thread [Here] For me, the line in the novelisation ruled out Kylo seeing the future because he explicitly stated he did not see her future, he saw her past.

You totally got me thinking with your comment Chris. I might come back to this in a Kylo/Ben thread more fully, but just wanted to briefly share that What Kylo/Ben saw in the vision is much less interesting than what it is that Kylo wants. Kylo/Ben wants to have a future with Rey.
And, Kylo/Ben did not want to save the resistance. Can't have both! Mr 'Kill the past' - is so obsessed with destroying his past he let it get in the way of his future. For me- at the heart of this whole situation is a choice between the dark (selfishness) and the light (selflessness).
I don't think Rey and Kylo can't build a life together if one is living in the dark and the other is living in the light...

I have no idea what will happen in IX (ha) but, if Kylo/Ben is to be redeemed, he has to move from selfishness and the darkside, to selflessness and the light. To do this, he will need to see the error of his ways for sure.
I think at the end of TLJ, he is going to be without an anchor.. No Snoke in his ear, and no obsessive search for Luke to focus on. Both had taken up his life for years.. sooooo now what?! Kylo/Ben has some choices he now needs to make. In IX, it's going to be all about the choices!

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 28 Jul 2018, 12:47 pm

With the casting news and confirmation that Phasma won’t be back, I was thinking about what this could mean for a potential time jump. Maybe it’ll be something like 2 years with a Cold War between Hux and Kylo because the nu Resistance is an underground shadow movement and oops, your mom is one of its iconic figures. But two years of Space Hamlet and meanwhile Hux is contained on the surface while engaging in the covert ops and back door deals which were happening in Bloodline. They could even have him do to Kylo what happened with Leia (especially calling their loyalties in question bc of family), set him up to take the public fall while consolidating power. And this would be where Rey comes back in with their hut visions.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 28 Jul 2018, 2:07 pm

Carrie's brother Todd weighs in.

As we, her family, as well as her extended family of fans around the world so believe, Carrie’s ‘Princess Leia is forever entrenched in the franchise and her indelible presence is fundamental to the film,” Todd Fisher said.  “J.J. Abrams understood Carrie’s iconic role,  and he has masterfully re-crafted this final entry to include this unused  and very last footage of Carrie ever taken, without resorting to CGI or animatronics. Our family and her fans will look forward with great anticipation for this one! Her force will forever be with us!

https://deadline.com/2018/07/star-wars-digital-appearance-by-late-carrie-fisher-gets-brothers-backing-1202435687/

I like how everyone is emphasizing her centrality to the story. They really do seem to have figured out a way to make this work.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 29 Jul 2018, 11:44 am

Poor Todd, after KK slapped down some of his earlier comments and the press release mentioned Billie (who inherited the rights for Carrie’s image and whose father is a high powered agent), more than likely he’s not even at the table or acknowledged for those discussions. And from all accounts he was Carrie’s caretaker during the worst of her episodes, so it’s not irrelevant how he feels about this even if he’s not a player in the industry
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 29 Jul 2018, 12:03 pm

So, it seems Snoke is really dead? He won't be put back together like Frankenstein to get his revenge on Kylo. LOL

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 29 Jul 2018, 4:19 pm

@Birdwoman one of my favorite throwaways was showing Hux finding his remains with Snoke’s tongue hanging out of his mouth. Like just to make sure people knew that he really was dead. Andy Serkis did say he felt bad about getting killed off and having to keep it a secret because his brother is a huge fan and that’s part of why he took the role.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Mon 30 Jul 2018, 12:56 am

@snufkin,
I just found it hilarious that people hope all the people killed off will make a come back. I was hoping that Snoke became a ghost and tormented Rey with a long monologue about his backstory. Evil or Very Mad rabbit lol!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Mon 30 Jul 2018, 2:35 am

snufkin wrote:Poor Todd, after KK slapped down some of his earlier comments and the press release mentioned Billie (who inherited the rights for Carrie’s image and whose father is a high powered agent), more than likely he’s not even at the table or acknowledged for those discussions. And from all accounts he was Carrie’s caretaker during the worst of her episodes, so it’s not irrelevant how he feels about this even if he’s not a player in the industry

@snufkin in general I don't like how the courts here in the States treat siblings and their relationship to each other. After I lost my brother -- my only sibling -- I really began to digest this fact. We were close and took care of each other and our parents after he was divorced by his ex and pretty much alienated from his child by that ex. But the courts side with them all the way. I cannot even obtain his medical records (despite the fact that he and I share a lot of medical issues) w/o resorting to legal help.

I feel for Todd Fisher.

Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:29 am

@Dar-ren19 : ( I’m so sorry, how awful for you. From all accounts, Carrie was close with Todd, who was her caretaker through the worst of her episodes and they also had two half-sisters from their father’s marriage to Connie Stevens. None of them have connections to the industry the way her daughter does through her father, but it almost feels like she gets acknowledgement because of that. And she did inherit Carrie’s estate/control of using her image. Todd actually said something last year about using footage for IX, which who knows the backstory. But KK very publicly pooh poohed his remarks, so now they contradict themselves and only mention Billie in the announcement. Him issuing that press release is just really sad, like obviously LF has about zero thought about the rest of her family outside of the person who they have to do business with.

@Birdwoman God, the Monty Python version where Snoke’s not dead yet and is determined to haunt Rey and force her to listen to his boring life story. Do people really want more? He was an opportunistic a**hole who managed to get where he was by playing the surviving Imperial power players against one another and Luke against his ego. And given what we know about Ben, a child predator. That can go in a book, would be boring to watch in a movie (even though we both know long after IX ends there will be people insisting that he was Plageus or Mace Windu).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:51 am

@snufkin I strongly suspect there will be a book or comic that expands upon Snoke. If Poe gets an entire series devoted to him and his flight team, Snoke: The Prequel No One Needed is inevitably on its way. Never mind that the relevant parts that relate more directly to the Skywalker saga will likely all be in ST films. But the people cry for more (apparently). It'll make $$$ anyway.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 31 Jul 2018, 9:39 am

@californiagirl @snufkin I agree with you about Snoke, i don't think Lucasfilm will pass this opportunity (though I don't see the need for his backstory, he was chilling in the Unknow Regions, met the remains of the Empire and took the leadership with his advanced technology, the end). The only interesting thing to see will be his relationship with Ben Solo over the years.

Concerning my predictions for Ep. 9, I like to think of the 9 movies as a Big story where Ep. 1 is a prologue and Ep. 9 is an epilogue. If we follow the Ring theory or a good chiastic structure, the epilogue must answer to the prologue. So I searched what were the themes of Ep. 1 :

1) Original sin

If we really look at it, the mess of the Skywalker Saga can be reached back to the moment when Qui-Gon manipulated the Force and the Fate to win Anakin's freedom. When Anakin leaves his mother, you can hear the Force theme, but it is a little different from usual, like "the Force is warring with something else as Anakin is taken away from his mother."

NB : you can read here more analysis on the force theme in the saga
http://enjoyallneednothing-blog.tumblr.com/post/172172944635/the-force-theme-part-2-the-pt

My conclusion is Anakin should never have been separated from his emotional stability. Growing up with her and learning to control his power far away from the strict Jedi Order may have led to a very different ending. I think the Force was trying to prevent that but couldn't. Now, in our current Trilogy, we do have another Skywalker separated from his mother too young, which also lead to dire consequences. So how do you fix errors from the past? You reunite mother and son in the end of the trilogy, you let Ben Solo have the much needed conversation with Leia, you restore their relationship and let them stick the pieces back of their bond. I am rather confident about this, because the third film was supposed to be Leia's and with the casting announcement, we know they are trying really hard to keep Leia alive in the movie. Now they also have uncle Lando to compensate Carrie's death to help Ben Solo return home. (Do I also think he will keep the MF in the end to restore the bond with his father? Completly)

2) Symbiosis

A theme I don't see discuted often in Star Wars is how the Naboo crisis had been resolved when two nations learned to work together (Humans and Gungans). It is the last image from the movie, the Gungan king giving a present to the Naboo queen to seal the bond between their two peoples. So how can this theme be transposed in the ST? If the FO wins, it is like the prequel. If the Resistance/Rebellion wins, it is like the OT. But if the two sides reunite in the end (do I see a reylo theme here?), we have something new. Now is it possible? Actually, yes! How?
Despite some divergences, the Resistance are the good guys, so the issue is with the FO. I don't doubt Hux and his
subordinates are irredeemable. But what about the brainwashed stormtroopers and the groomed sub-Adults? Is it moral to destroy them because of the crimes of their elders. Isn't their place in this part of the Galaxy rather than death or exile (because it worked so well with the Empire). With a good leader they can learned to work with a former enemy. I'm going to extrapolate more here, but working for the well being of those people (who are like Kylo Ren if you think about it, #SnokeIsACreep) could be a form of redemption for Ben Solo. Helping to reconstruct the Galaxy. And I also want Finn to lead a Stormtrooper Revolution (parallel with order 66) and help them in the new order of the Galaxy.

3) Living Force/Cosmic Force

Those notions are brought in by Qui-Gon during the movie. We can see him as a Jedi apart from the Jedi Order and its dogma. Qui-Gon's faith in the Force was different from his Order. The Order failed. Luke trying to recreate this Order failed. Maybe the answer to bring back the Jedi (or another name, but I don't believe it because of the brand weight) will be found in the way Qui-Gon viewed the Force. Rey can learn more from it in the Jedi Text. The theme of this trilogy is to learn from the past but also to let it go. I hope Rey and Ben can establish an order different from what we already saw.

4)Midi-chlorians and Jar Jar

I'm kidding but I would not mind their return. I was never bothered by midi-chlorians and I find the fate of Jar Jar too cruel in the sequel. ("Because of his role in abetting the rise of the Empire, he was once again exiled by his people. After the Battle of Endor and the rise of the New Republic, he performed in the streets of Theed as a clown who was popular with children but not so much with their parents. Many Gungan and Naboo adults refused to speak to him or say his name.")

To conclude, I would said this Saga began on Naboo and as much I would like for it to end on this planet, I think it would be more natural for it to end on Chandrila (Ben's birth planet, signature of the Galactic Concordance, a "living" planet similar to Naboo). For me, the end of a conflict which started in The Phantom Menace and the resolution of the Vader's curse would be a great end for the Skywalker Saga. (Remember, no need to kill every members of the family in a Family saga to end it)
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 Tue 31 Jul 2018, 2:36 pm

What if there is an evil force from unknown regions that makes its way into the galaxy to try to take over? We are all assuming that the war will be between FO and Resistance, but what if it isn’t that at all? What if the FO and the Resistance have to work together to get rid of this evil hat wants to take over the galaxy?

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Tue 31 Jul 2018, 2:42 pm

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:What if there is an evil force from unknown regions that makes its way into the galaxy to try to take over? We are all assuming that the war will be between FO and Resistance, but what if it isn’t that at all? What if the FO and the Resistance have to work together to get rid of this evil hat wants to take over the galaxy?
@bashfulblueeyes3

well it would be something different...I just don't know if they will really go this way? And I don't know if it would distract from the main theme...for me that's Rey & Kylo and bringing the balance not only in the force but generally- ending the war by finding a compromise instead of fighting and repeating the same circle over and over again.
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Tue 31 Jul 2018, 3:17 pm

bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:What if there is an evil force from unknown regions that makes its way into the galaxy to try to take over?  We are all assuming that the war will be between FO and Resistance, but what if it isn’t that at all?  What if the FO and the Resistance have to work together to get rid of this evil hat wants to take over the galaxy?
@bashfulblueeyes3

Actually this is something I and some others thought might happen in TLJ, because we speculated that Snoke himself might be from the Unknown Regions. I'm open to something like this happening on the one hand because as you know I'm not into "Big Bad Hux" at all.  Evil or Very Mad

Also I just can't agree with the idea that we don't need a big bad - a credibly villain is an integral part of an epic fantasy, imo. The hero needs someone to vanquish. If we don't get another evil Force user pretty much we can guarantee that Rey and Kylo Ren are going to have to duke it out - otherwise where is the lightsaber duel?

Still I feel it's kind of late in the game to introduce some brand new threat at the 11th hour when we have so much stuff to work through already. Maybe they can just spruce up Hux more, have Rey and Kylo duel and then passionately kiss and make up and call it a day. XD
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Tue 31 Jul 2018, 5:00 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:
bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:What if there is an evil force from unknown regions that makes its way into the galaxy to try to take over?  We are all assuming that the war will be between FO and Resistance, but what if it isn’t that at all?  What if the FO and the Resistance have to work together to get rid of this evil hat wants to take over the galaxy?
@bashfulblueeyes3

Actually this is something I and some others thought might happen in TLJ, because we speculated that Snoke himself might be from the Unknown Regions. I'm open to something like this happening on the one hand because as you know I'm not into "Big Bad Hux" at all.  Evil or Very Mad

Also I just can't agree with the idea that we don't need a big bad - a credibly villain is an integral part of an epic fantasy, imo. The hero needs someone to vanquish. If we don't get another evil Force user pretty much we can guarantee that Rey and Kylo Ren are going to have to duke it out - otherwise where is the lightsaber duel?

Still I feel it's kind of late in the game to introduce some brand new threat at the 11th hour when we have so much stuff to work through already. Maybe they can just spruce up Hux more, have Rey and Kylo duel and then passionately kiss and make up and call it a day. XD
@Darth Rowan

I'm only halfway through, and I realize that the movies seem to be ignoring any interesting plot threads introduced by the new canon novels so far, but the new Thrawn novel definitely sets things up for there to be all sorts of dark and evil things, including entire civilizations, lurking in the Unknown Regions. I'd be shocked if one of the new trilogies (maybe Rian's or the GoT guys?) don't touch on the UR and the stuff out there.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next