Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

+26
DeeBee
TheBastardofMandalore
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Starliteprism
Cowgirlsamurai
MrsWindu
Riri
Armadeus
AceofWands
LadyGaufrette
Kyla Ren
KiraRen2015
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
special_cases
californiagirl
vaderito
Man Without A Star
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
PalmettoBlue
unicorn
Night Huntress
Moonlight13
30 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 19 Aug 2018, 4:02 am

@Armadeus
Yep Machiavelli was completely right . People are scared of change. Fear of the unknown . I just hope fans do give this series a go and we don’t start down the road of TLJ backlash all over again . They should have faith in what the creators are doing for goodness sake especially the ones behind Resistance with their experience and previous record of clone wars and rebels .
In the meantime I found this on Reddit which is interesting:

Resistance is set six months before TFA
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/98ixhl/resistance_is_set_six_months_before_tfa/?st=JL0M6JNL&sh=7f6a5682
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by Night Huntress Sun 19 Aug 2018, 9:59 am

I really like it- maybe because it reminds me of the cartoons I used to watch as a kid...there weren't any 3D animation back in the day when I was young so.... Nope

just saw that the trailer has 28 tausend dislikes- what??? WTH
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 19 Aug 2018, 11:38 am

Night Huntress wrote:I really like it- maybe because it reminds me of the cartoons I used to watch as a kid...there weren't any 3D animation back in the day when I was young so.... Nope

just saw that the trailer has 28 tausend dislikes- what??? WTH
@Night Huntress

The 28K downvotes is likely part of the same orchestrated backlash that bombed scores for TLJ, ran KMT off of IG, etc.

The trailer doesn't appeal to me, personally, but it's a harmless kid show. And it's the type of entitled mentality that's been contributing to the toxicity of this fandom all around.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sun 19 Aug 2018, 2:32 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:@Armadeus
Yep Machiavelli was completely right . People are scared of change. Fear of the unknown . I just hope fans do give this series a go and we don’t start down the road of TLJ backlash all over again . They should have faith in what the creators are doing for goodness sake especially the ones behind Resistance with their experience and previous record of clone wars and rebels .
In the meantime I found this on Reddit which is interesting:

Resistance is set six months before TFA
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/98ixhl/resistance_is_set_six_months_before_tfa/?st=JL0M6JNL&sh=7f6a5682
@AhsokaTano

6 months prior? This sounds interesting...
With a certain time jump between VIII and IX, I think that this show might run past the movies and explore the gap before the final episode in greater depth.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands Sun 19 Aug 2018, 6:11 pm

Guys, I'm actually tired of all the claims that everyone who dislikes the trailer of Resistance just doesn't understand that it's for kids. It's for kids, fine. The animation is meh, fine.

That said, is there a single shot in that trailer that's not cliche or that we haven't seen hundreds of times in other movies?
Is there any intriguing hook?
Is there anything interesting, distinguishing, compelling, about the protagonist?

I mean... The trailer is lame. Maybe they have something up their sleeves, and it's going to be super complex and interesting, but the trailer is lame.

Also, I was telling myself as well, that it's for kids, so it's fine. But no, it's not fine. Yeah, it's for kids, but it has always had a deeper meaning, some fantasy, mythology, etc. So far, this series doesn't look like it will have any of it.

I don't think "it's for kids" is an excuse to make something shallow and cliched. There are amazing shows for kids. That said, sure, we only saw a trailer... But really... Anyway, I understand all the thousands of dislikes. I don't understand people who are angry. If it sucks, screw it, don't watch it.

But let's be real here: that trailer and the concept is lame.
AceofWands
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Sun 19 Aug 2018, 6:20 pm

The most Interesting part was when that resistance member threw someone over the water and Poe was totally okay with it. I wanna see the dark side of the resistance!

Last edited by Riri on Mon 20 Aug 2018, 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 19 Aug 2018, 7:06 pm

@AceofWands Who knows what it will end up like. TCW and Rebels both started very childlike and matured as their audience grew up. The animation won't be for everyone, but I'm glad they're at least attempting a different animation style than their other cartoon shows, and not just doing the same thing over and over.

I was responding more in that I did see a number of people explicitly complaining that this looks like it's for kids. Yes, as is so much of SW content, which so many people forget. It doesn't excuse subpar content, but we'll see what it ends up being come the fall. Or it could end being sort of boring like the bits Poe comics I've seen. Very Happy
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 19 Aug 2018, 8:48 pm

I presumed the timing for Resistance would be shortly after the ending of Bloodline. Interesting it's years later and shortly before TFA.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 24 Aug 2018, 6:34 am

hiya! Maybe this has already been shared but this is new to me.. seems Resistance is going to be getting some comic content to correspond with it via the Star Wars Adventures Comic series!
Here is what I found about issue 16 which is due to be released 21 November, 2018:
source wrote wrote:  
Welcome to the Resistance! Star Wars Resistance is an exciting new animated series coming to the Disney Channel this fall, and making its Star Wars Adventures debut in this very issue! In the time before The Force Awakens, this all-new adventure follows the fledgling Resistance as it begins to realize the growing threat of the First Order!

Ties into the new Star Wars Resistance animated show coming this fall to Disney Channel!

Written by Resistance show writers Chris “Doc” Wyatt and Kevin Burke!

Plus, an exciting new Flight of the Falcon story!
source: https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/comic/9678036/star-wars-adventures-16
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 28 Aug 2018, 12:53 pm

First official poster of Star Wars Resistance.
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 DlstpUpU0AAIOJR

https://twitter.com/DisneyChannelPR/status/1034470731692687360
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 28 Aug 2018, 1:55 pm

@LadyGaufrette
Thanks for posting this ! Razz The poster looks fab! I can’t wait till the series starts Jumping
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 28 Aug 2018, 4:49 pm

Me too, and I like the 'sentai' feels we got with this poster (colorful ship associated with its colorful pilot).
It's a cinematic genre which still didn't take place in Star wars yet, although there was even 'Kaiju' (zillo beast I miss you).

It made me watch again the trailer, and it felt even better.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:28 am

It's all so 'Voltron Legendary Defender' - and I like it!!!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:38 am

The poster is looking fiiiine Smile
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 29 Aug 2018, 12:11 pm

Mini feature on team fireball - our main characters in “ Star Wars Resistance “:

Star Wars Resistance: Meet Team Fireball
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/9bb41r/star_wars_resistance_meet_team_fireball/?st=JLFEAT7C&sh=b73af39c
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 29 Aug 2018, 1:02 pm

Thanks @AhsokaTano !

They look fun. I saw a "R2-D2" blue and yellow, I hope to see it often. Very Happy
But "team fireball", really, that the name they took? lol!

NB: i'm putting the video so it is faster to watch.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Wed 29 Aug 2018, 2:12 pm

From Twitter
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Bildsc14

Not sure this means we will see Kylo- it could be a random commander shuttle from the FO- but one can hope, right?
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:08 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
From Twitter
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Bildsc14

Not sure this means we will see Kylo- it could be a random commander shuttle from the FO- but one can hope, right?
@Night Huntress

Visual dictionary says that that shuttle type is used by high ranking FO officers/commanders.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:21 pm

@Night Huntress @Man Without A Star

I think it could be this sitting man's shuttle.
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Screen-shot-2018-08-28-at-6-08-42-pm
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:32 pm

This probably means that the Red TIE pilot is not Cardinal Sad
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 29 Aug 2018, 3:49 pm

Man Without A Star wrote:This probably means that the Red TIE pilot is not Cardinal Sad
@Man Without A Star

Sadly that is what the comments on reddit were saying.

Is it me, or people seems more positive about Resistance with this video ?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 31 Aug 2018, 6:12 am

Hello! Much has been happening in takodana woods this week and I hope to get back here this weekend and take it all in. I haven't had a chance to watch the featurette yet.. looking forward to it!
Just briefly, thought I'd mention that the star wars databank has updated and is now starting to cover Resistance content..
Head to the main page and you'll see it..
https://www.starwars.com/databank
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Databa10
enjoy!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 14 Sep 2018, 12:56 pm

More Resistance info. Poe recruits the main character into the movement. I also like the color palette in this show, whereas TCW and Rebels were so dark and shadowy.

The promo seems to be ramping up. I suspect we will hear much more about the show than IX, since it does come out in like three and a half weeks. Realistically, LF might want to focus on one thing at once.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/09/14/star-wars-ace-pilots-not-jedi-take-center-stage-animated-resistance-series/1295303002/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 14 Sep 2018, 4:35 pm

californiagirl wrote:More Resistance info. Poe recruits the main character into the movement. I also like the color palette in this show, whereas TCW and Rebels were so dark and shadowy.
@californiagirl
Claps All those colours brighten my mood it's so refreshing.

@TheBastardofMandalore

You're going to like this.
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Freya
This character Freya Fenris (scandinavian name I associate to Mandalore) has a look similar to Satine's Mandalorians, and in Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, there is also this character Astrid Fenris, with a Mandalorian-style bob haircut.
So I think we found the Mandalorian of the serie.

I can't believe it! There is again a tentacles monster in SW media!
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Resist10
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sat 15 Sep 2018, 3:02 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
californiagirl wrote:More Resistance info. Poe recruits the main character into the movement. I also like the color palette in this show, whereas TCW and Rebels were so dark and shadowy.
@californiagirl
Claps All those colours brighten my mood it's so refreshing.

@TheBastardofMandalore

You're going to like this.
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Freya
This character Freya Fenris (scandinavian name I associate to Mandalore) has a look similar to Satine's Mandalorians, and in Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, there is also this character Astrid Fenris, with a Mandalorian-style bob haircut.
So I think we found the Mandalorian of the serie.

I can't believe it! There is again a tentacles monster in SW media!
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Resist10
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
@LadyGaufrette

I thought the same thing too when I saw Freya. She looks very Kalavalan.

Thank you for pointing out the character of Astrid Fenris in Solo. Verrry interesting! If Astrid was a Mando, and perhaps Freya’s mother as well, then maybe that’s how Dryden Vos obtained his Kalevalan yacht...

Anyway, back to Freya, if she is a Mando, I’m wondering if her paternal family are the Saxon’s. Her red/white colors are the same colors worn by Gar and Tiber Saxon. She has the same pale complexion, light blond hair and pale blue eyes. Her demeanor is also very cold and stern. Perhaps the Saxon clan were banished from Mandalore for betraying House Kryze. Maybe Freya is trying to regain her family’s honor in some way? Also, I’m still thinking Tam Ryvora might be a undercover Mandalorian Protector. Perhaps she’s keeping watch over Freya. Almost like a parole officer. Of course, Freya might be a Mandalorian Protector and spy as well. It would make sense to have more than one operative in the field. Who knows...
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 D8e7f210
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 A9423310

Side note: I think this children’s book is where the Lucasfilm Story Group got inspiration for Freya’s name (and possible storyline). It’s way too similar to be a coincidence.  Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 3 Ce5ad410

I’m so excited to see how this all comes together. Three more weeks! cheers
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next