Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

+26
DeeBee
TheBastardofMandalore
AhsokaTano
12 Parsnips
Starliteprism
Cowgirlsamurai
MrsWindu
Riri
Armadeus
AceofWands
LadyGaufrette
Kyla Ren
KiraRen2015
snufkin
Darth Dingbat
special_cases
californiagirl
vaderito
Man Without A Star
Darth_Awakened
ISeeAnIsland
Birdwoman
PalmettoBlue
unicorn
Night Huntress
Moonlight13
30 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by LadyGaufrette Sat 15 Sep 2018, 5:43 am

@TheBastardofMandalore
There is also a similar triangle symbol on the gauntlets and helmet (inversed) between Freya and the Saxon Clan.
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Star-wars-rebels-imperial-supercommandos-mandalorians-gar-saxon-02-e1478272986469

If Freya is really associated to the wolf Fenris and knowing Dave Filoni's love for wolves, it could hint of her importance later in the show.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Empty Re: Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series)

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 18 Sep 2018, 7:34 am

Titles of the first four episodes .

Episode 01-02 - "The Recruit"(07 october);
Episode 03 - "The Triple Dark",(14 october);
Episode 04 - "The Fuel for the Fire",(21 october);
Episode 05 - "The Hight Tower", (28 october).
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 25 Sep 2018, 11:20 am

Hey all for those of you in Uk like me just to say we have to wait an extra week for Star Wars resistance as it’s not airing till 7th October Sad
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-08-23/star-wars-resistance-when-is-it-out-in-the-uk-who-stars-in-it-and-how-does-it-connect-to-the-films/amp/

I don’t know about other countries . In US it’s 30th September.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 25 Sep 2018, 5:03 pm

@AhsokaTano
Maybe they changed the article, now it says,
The series will premiere on the Disney XD channel in the UK this October, following its US debut on the Disney Channel on the 7th October.

The synopses for the first episodes;

The Recruit: Part 1 & 2 (Air Date October 7, 2018)
X-wing pilot Kazuda Xiono is recruited for the Resistance, but finds himself in over his head when Poe Dameron assigns him to a remote fueling station to spy on the First Order. Then, after Kaz boasts about being the best pilot around, he is forced to compete in a dangerous sky race.
Guest starring:

The Triple Dark (Air Date October 14, 2018)
Kaz and BB-8 uncover information on an imminent pirate attack and must find a way to stop it.
Guest starring:

Fuel For The Fire (Air Date October 21, 2018)
Kaz befriends a sky racer named Rucklin who pressures him to take some rare and dangerous hyperfuel hidden in Yeager’s office.
Guest starring:

The High Tower (Air Date October 28, 2018)
The First Order arrives at the platform for mysterious reasons and Kaz and BB-8 are determined to sneak into the tower to find out what they want.
Guest starring:

https://www.disneyabcpress.com/disneychannel/shows/star-wars-resistance/episodes/the-recruit-part-1/
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Tue 25 Sep 2018, 5:25 pm

@LadyGaufrette
Thanks for the update . So now even more of a wait ( no UK start date at all except “ sometime in October “ and it’s delayed in US ). Sad Will have to watch tv schedules like a hawk to ensure I don’t miss it .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 25 Sep 2018, 5:48 pm

For people like me who have difficulty remembering character's name, face or other facts, those cards are really useful.
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Charac10
I hope they'll make those for other characters.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 30 Sep 2018, 5:53 pm

Sneak Peek of the first episode.

I like the humour and the characters so far. Looks like the MF is not the only piece of junk of this Galaxy. Laughing
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 01 Oct 2018, 1:41 am

@LadyGaufrette
Me too! I like that snippet you posted ( thank you )and the humour. Can’t wait till it starts Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 04 Oct 2018, 3:22 am

Hi All, was listening to the latest 'Full of Sith' podcast today [here]- it's a series of interviews from a press junket for the resistance. The reporters were shown a few episodes, and then interviewed cast members, executive producers etc.

A few spoilery tidbits:
When Christopher Sean is being interviewed one of the reporters asks a question stating that Kaz's dad is a senator. CS is cagey - oh really? Is he? are we suppose to talk about that? kind of thing. it got awkward! lol!!! It seemed to me that was a leak. but have a listen and decide for yourself!
I learned Kaz was raised by wealthy parents, and he is estranged from his father - it looks like who are his parents is a bit of a mystery [Hmm maybe he is Rey's brother?! oh rofl. oh no wait. Luke is his dad!!!! tee hee.]

One other reveal- an executive producer revealed the timeline of 6 months before TFA was chosen for a few different reasons - 1 reason being so there could be cross over between the resistance content and TFA in the timeline.
I may have missed it but this was the first time I'd heard confirmation of how far into the future the resistance timeline reached.

I'm not sure I'll even have access to be able to watch it.. so I'll be keen to hear what viewers think!
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 04 Oct 2018, 3:43 am

DeeBee wrote:Hi All, was listening to the latest 'Full of Sith' podcast today [here]- it's a series of interviews from a press junket for the resistance. The reporters were shown a few episodes, and then interviewed cast members, executive producers etc.

A few spoilery tidbits:
When Christopher Sean is being interviewed one of the reporters asks a question stating that Kaz's dad is a senator. CS is cagey - oh really? Is he? are we suppose to talk about that? kind of thing. it got awkward! lol!!! It seemed to me that was a leak. but have a listen and decide for yourself!
I learned Kaz was raised by wealthy parents, and he is estranged from his father - it looks like who are his parents is a bit of a mystery [Hmm maybe he is Rey's brother?! oh rofl. oh no wait. Luke is his dad!!!! tee hee.]

One other reveal- an executive producer revealed the timeline of 6 months before TFA was chosen for a few different reasons - 1 reason being so there could be cross over between the resistance content and TFA in the timeline.
I may have missed it but this was the first time I'd heard confirmation of how far into the future the resistance timeline reached.

I'm not sure I'll even have access to be able to watch it.. so I'll be keen to hear what viewers think!
sunny
@DeeBee

I don't think Kaz's father as a senator is a leak. It was revealed by Exec producer Justin Ridge (or else the producer talked too much Laughing ).
I hope for Kaz that his father wasn't on Hosnian Prime 6 months later.
Our main character Kaz is a newbie, but he’s very passionate. He comes from a wealthy background — his father is a Senator — in contrast with Rey and Luke who come from humble beginnings. Kaz loves to live and to prove himself so he can get out from under his father’s thumb. I think kids can relate to that wrote:
http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/the-force-is-alive-and-animated-in-star-wars-resistance/

Torra Doza has the same problems with her father, so I think this sentiment will help them to become closer.
And once again, the heart of the characters conflict is "Daddy's issues". SW really never change. Rolling Eyes

It's nice to have hints about the timeline of the serie. I bet we will see Starkiller's desctruction in Resistance.
Before, we had countless retellings of the Death Star's destruction, now, it is Starkiller's fate.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 04 Oct 2018, 5:07 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
DeeBee wrote:Hi All, was listening to the latest 'Full of Sith' podcast today [here]- it's a series of interviews from a press junket for the resistance. The reporters were shown a few episodes, and then interviewed cast members, executive producers etc.

A few spoilery tidbits:

sunny
@DeeBee

I don't think Kaz's father as a senator is a leak. It was revealed by Exec producer Justin Ridge (or else the producer talked too much Laughing ).
I hope for Kaz that his father wasn't on Hosnian Prime 6 months later.
Our main character Kaz is a newbie, but he’s very passionate. He comes from a wealthy background — his father is a Senator — in contrast with Rey and Luke who come from humble beginnings. Kaz loves to live and to prove himself so he can get out from under his father’s thumb. I think kids can relate to that wrote:
http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/the-force-is-alive-and-animated-in-star-wars-resistance/

Torra Doza has the same problems with her father, so I think this sentiment will help them to become closer.
And once again, the heart of the characters conflict is "Daddy's issues". SW really never change. Rolling Eyes

It's nice to have hints about the timeline of the serie. I bet we will see Starkiller's desctruction in Resistance.
Before, we had countless retellings of the Death Star's destruction, now, it is Starkiller's fate.
@LadyGaufrette

Oh I see so that cat's out of the bag huh! Thanks for this!
I think the reporter suggested Kaz has much in common with Leia.
This quote you've kindly shared points out Kaz's start in life was opposite to Rey and Luke's beginnings....
I think the most interesting comparison would be between Kaz and Ben Solo - both had a senator parent, and both had a wealthy upbringing (I figure Leia would have been at least reasonably well off?!).
But I guess the take away message is going to be when all combined - how you start doesn't matter.. wealthy, humble- whatever! What matters is how you finish and the choices you make in life.

Rofl yeah those daddy issues. Ugh!!! I was thinking episode IX would turn the tables on this, but with reduced Leia footage to draw on I'm no longer sure what to think.. just going with the flow!

Lady Gaufrette, do you think you'll be able to watch resistance when it airs? I guess its just a few more days to go and then I'll be seeing if I can access it somehow!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 04 Oct 2018, 8:43 am

@DeeBee
Ben and Kaz. I'm waiting to see if Kaz also has an important legacy.

Apart from Sabine and her mother, was there other characters with mommy's issues?
There is also Ben and Leia, but for me it's not the same thing, they don't appear to have the same problems as Ben and Han.

I don't know yet if I'll be able to watch Resistance, I'll answer you the 7th. Laughing
(It's unrelated but I'm curious, did you watch the Clone Wars along with starwars.com?)
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 04 Oct 2018, 12:49 pm

New characters revealed thanks to... toys!

The salvager Synara San
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Synara

Commander Pyre (name, they were already in a trailer)
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Pyre

https://www.cnet.com/news/star-wars-resistance-action-figures-from-hasbro-are-coming-this-spring/
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 05 Oct 2018, 1:53 pm

Interesting note here:
Unlike Star Wars: The Clone Wars, it doesn't revolve around a massive war — it's set before the real with the First Order begins. Unlike Star Wars Rebels, there's not much to rebel against. In Resistance, the New Republic is well-established and the First Order is but a whisper on the lips of those who believe it exists.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-wars-resistance-harbors-crazy-deep-cuts-and-will-cross-over-with-the-force-awakens?__source=Blastr_True_Anthem_Blastr_Twitter&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5bb52a5b04d30174e81feb2a&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

But the series starts only six months before TFA, correct? The FO really is a recent startup. Really makes me wonder if Kylo really had the opportunity to do that many dark deeds with Snoke at all.

They also say here it will overlap with TFA, and I wouldn't be surprised if it does with TLJ too.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 09 Oct 2018, 11:40 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:Titles of the first four episodes .

Episode 01-02 - "The Recruit"(07 october);
Episode 03 - "The Triple Dark",(14 october);
Episode 04 - "The Fuel for the Fire",(21 october);
Episode 05 - "The Hight Tower", (28 october).
@LadyGaufrette

Other titles were revealed.

Episode 06 - "The Children from Tehar",(10 november);
Episode 07 - "Signal from Sector Six",(17 november);
Episode 08 - "Synara's score",(24 november);

Synara San:

I saw 4 episodes of Resistance. My thoughts so far.
With the pilot episode being two episodes but being broadcasted as one episode, I guarantee problem later for the episodes and their true numbers in the list by casual people.

I already said it last month but, all those colours brighten my mood it's so refreshing. Claps
Some people complain the colours are too much flashy, I don't care. I'm so happy too see all those colours and this light, and what happens on the screen (looking at you Solo and most of dark blockbusters).
Tha animation is really good when compared to other productions in cel shading. The flying of the ships is fluid. Kaz's grimaces are over-exaggerated, but it reminds me of japanese anime so I'm ok with it. Some backgrounds feels like matte painting, it's great.

Concerning the story, you see some Resistance and FO but really quickly (some seconds), but Phasma is beautiful in this serie.
It's centered on Kaz and the races rather than what happens with the FO, but it's what had been promised from the start. Futhermore, FO will have a more prominent role in episode 5.

Kaz makes a lot of goofs but I like him, he's less unbearable than Ezra. His father is a senator but we don't know how he looks like, so I foresee drama with the FO later. I love Neeku, he is so much more funny than Drax in the way he only understand first degree of talk. Sadly we didn't see the Aces often, even Torra Doza. I hope to see them more later. However, this serie feels so alive, there are various aliens everywhere. I'm glad to see an Aleena speaking even if he isn't a great guy.

I saw a "R2-D2" blue and yellow, I hope to see it often.
Me when I saw "Star Wars Resistance: Meet Team Fireball"
Good news, I had good eyes and feeling because C4 is awesome.
Bad news, he disappears once Kaz in on the Colossus. Goodbye droid of my heart.
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Latest?cb=20181008122753

So far, I'm happy with this serie and I want to know what happens next. It's fun and lighthearted which I consider the spirit of SW. It's aimed at kids but adults who kept their childish soul can also like it.
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Kisspng-bb-8-thumb-signal-r2-d2-clip-art-flash-star-5b374445bea1f2.9495694615303486137808
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 09 Oct 2018, 5:19 pm

@LadyGaufrette

I enjoyed the first few episodes but the show hasn’t hooked me yet. With Rebels, I got pulled in right away. The show has a lot of potential though. I’m excited to see where it takes us. My favorite character so far is Tam! Neeku is a close second. His personality is super cute! Very Happy
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 12 Oct 2018, 4:28 am

@californiagirl - I'm thinking the FO was not a recent start up.. but they had only recently started to come out of the shadows..
They were amassing for years in the outer rim, hiding their true nature and capabilities. I'm curious to see what is known of them at the time of resistance. I"ve gone back to the start of the Poe Dameron comic series to read them all.. it's interesting to see early FO in that..
Is early FO in anything else?
I haven't had a chance to watch resistance yet... not sure how I'm going to see it! But I'm loving hearing from people who have!

@LadyGaufrette - thanks soooo much for sharing all this fab info LadyGaufrette!
@TheBastardofMandalore -great to hear your thoughts too!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Fri 12 Oct 2018, 12:21 pm

DeeBee wrote:@californiagirl - I'm thinking the FO was not a recent start up.. but they had only recently started to come out of the shadows..
They were amassing for years in the outer rim, hiding their true nature and capabilities. I'm curious to see what is known of them at the time of resistance. I"ve gone back to the start of the Poe Dameron comic series to read them all.. it's interesting to see early FO in that..
Is early FO in anything else?
I haven't had a chance to watch resistance yet... not sure how I'm going to see it! But I'm loving hearing from people who have!

@LadyGaufrette - thanks soooo much for sharing all this fab info LadyGaufrette!
@TheBastardofMandalore -great to hear your thoughts too!
@DeeBee-- Leia is getting an inkling of the FO's beginnings in the novel Bloodline by Claudia Gray, which I highly recommend!
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 12 Oct 2018, 4:49 pm

@12 Parsnips Oh yeahhhh thanks I'll read that one next! I'm yet to finish thrawn alliances but am enjoying it!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 14 Oct 2018, 4:56 pm

Hi all I’ve been avoiding this thread until now as hadn’t seen the show . I saw the first two episodes of Resistance today( it premiered yesterday on Disney XD in uk)and next week is episode 3. I absolutely loved it ! I Watched it with my dad ( my hubby isn’t a big Star Wars fan but my dad is ) and we were in stitches throughout and completely drawn in from the beginning. The humour and comedy was superb - really quick and had great lines. Really liked the characters and enjoyed getting to know them
(and the story). I really wasn’t expecting to feel this engaged with the series so soon - it can only get even better I think from here onwards . I really like the animation style too- the visuals are colourful and fun. Another thing I really I love about all the animated series( clone wars and rebels ) is how they bring to life the droids and aliens in the Star Wars universe and really give them distinct personalities and importance as well as the humans - looks like resistance is no exception Smile. The resistance really felt like it was a mish mash of different personalities and humans and aliens from all walks of life and kaz’s background is interesting too ( sounds similar to Ben Solo’s with his dad a senator ) with his father saying how he thought the resistance were terrorists( and wasn’t happy Kaz had joined them )leaving room for some family conflict further down the line. Am really looking forward to watching the rest of the series and finding out more about our main characters , more about the first order too. Can’t wait to see what happens when kaz goes undercover as a spy . Love what have seen so far . Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Mon 15 Oct 2018, 4:57 pm

@AhsokaTano

I still haven’t seen it (as in U.K. too) - hope to watch the first episodes tomorrow. I just popped in to ask does anyone know which episode Adam will be voicing Kylo as I’ll be sure to catch that live if possible
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 16 Oct 2018, 4:41 am

@MrsWindu

We don't know yet if Kylo will appear in the serie, but he is a popular character so he should in my opinion. The only information I found online about Adam voicing Kylo is coming from Mike Zeroh, did you see a more serious source ?

I'll tag you on the topic if/when I found in what episode Kylo appears. Very Happy
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:29 pm

Jakku and Batuu make appearances, courtesy of holographic images in Yaeger’s office in the “Fuel for the Fire” episode.

"Rebel hero.

The holographic image Kaz finds in Yaeger’s private office shows him as part of a victorious X-wing squadron at the Battle of Jakku. A downed Star Destroyer rests in the desert behind him, as seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-03-1024x576

"There’s something familiar about this place…

The photo of Yeager’s family was taken on Batuu — the same location featured at the upcoming Disney Parks Star Wars-themed land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge."

Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 Fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-07-1024x576

I was slow in watching this episode, so when I read the starwars.com article, I thought - now is the time.  Only a tease, yet very cool.

Article source https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-fuel-for-the-fire-star-wars-resistance
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sun 28 Oct 2018, 2:05 pm

Torra Doza has a piece of Sabine Wren’s artwork, the Phoenix, in her room. Pretty cool!
Star Wars: Resistance (New animated series) - Page 4 81477610
From episode “The High Tower”.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 28 Oct 2018, 9:30 pm

Is that baby Finn in that Batuu photo?!
Tee hee....
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next