Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+47
MrsWindu
snufkin
guardienne
Darth Rowan
Man Without A Star
SW_Heroine_Journey
fuhry
EchoBase
unicorn
Birdwoman
Tex
Moonjump05
Armadeus
CienaRee
teltaru
Moonlight13
SanghaRen
Forsythia
Apriljandy
12 Parsnips
twilekempire
nickandnora
motherofpearl1
SkyStar
IoJovi
SheLitAFire
Saracene
YeeRees
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
rey09
Darth Dementor
Riri
ISeeAnIsland
MindAndMagic
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Geralt_Riv
AhsokaTano
rawpowah
Ynqve
DeeBee
Darth_Awakened
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
51 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 15 Aug 2018, 4:27 pm

Interesting - so new scenes in the Solo novel - a military tribunal - if this was originally in the film its interesting that they deleted it - perhaps because we are gonna see one in episode 9???:
https://www.starwars.com/news/solo-a-star-wars-story-exclusive-excerpt
Have we got a thread for the solo novel ?Couldn’t see one so posted it here . Hope that’s ok.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 29 Aug 2018, 4:14 pm

Wonderful insight from the novelization of Solo: A Star Wars Story by Mur Lafferty

This article/blog and the excerpts at https://www.starwars.com/news/solo-a-star-wars-story-exclusive-excerpts-2

They expand upon What happened in Qi’ra’s time away from Han? What became of L3-37’s consciousness after Kessel? Who did Enfys Nest work with to fuel the rebellion?

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sun 09 Sep 2018, 3:28 am

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Tumblr_pcd14eguOh1vec0xno1_500

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Tumblr_pcd14eguOh1vec0xno2_500

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Tumblr_pcd14eguOh1vec0xno3_500

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Tumblr_pcd14eguOh1vec0xno4_500

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Tumblr_pcd14eguOh1vec0xno5_500

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Tumblr_pcd14eguOh1vec0xno6_500
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 09 Sep 2018, 4:02 am

@guardienne
Awww chewie ! These are so sweet .❤️
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 09 Sep 2018, 1:04 pm

Random sad thought I had from seeing the upcoming DVD deleted clips, but Qi’ra has to have died between the end of the Solo and when the OT starts. Because he’s introduced as being already in deep sh*t with Jabba over dumping the cargo and then his arc is about how further in danger he gets. Just thinking as with Jyn and Cassian’s explanation that they’re dead, same has to be with Qi’ra because she basically saves him from Vos. So at same point she likely gets killed because of the path she’s on in that world
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 09 Sep 2018, 1:26 pm

This is exceptionall cute

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 6a8b5010
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 12 Sep 2018, 9:51 am

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 5dx6xueimhl11
Dark side, never try it kids.

With the animated series it wasn't noticeable, but Maul badly aged. There is only twenty years between TPM and the Solo events.
I'm still glad Ray Park reprised his role, the rumour of Maul in the movie is what motivated me to see it.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 14 Sep 2018, 1:00 pm

Jon Kasdan shares many Solo thoughts on Twitter.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Dnczbb10

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Dnczqi10

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Dnczzc10

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 10 Dnczdh10

Some of the above have been causing some ripples online, namely in regards to Val, who I do think got the short end of the stick.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Fri 14 Sep 2018, 4:36 pm

@californiagirl where is this from? thanks so much for finding this. it was all i wanted. it's like some exceptionally honest commentary.

the devil in me wants his commentary on TLJ now.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MaddieDove Fri 14 Sep 2018, 7:13 pm

That was really fun to read, just like the movie was so fun to watch! I especially liked to read points no. 6, 21, 29, 36, 45, 48, among others.
MaddieDove
MaddieDove
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 14 Sep 2018, 9:13 pm

guardienne wrote:@californiagirl where is this from? thanks so much for finding this. it was all i wanted. it's like some exceptionally honest commentary.

the devil in me wants his commentary on TLJ now.
@guardienne

Jon Kasdan's Twitter. A thread of 4 tweets here: https://twitter.com/JonKasdan/status/1040529501870944256
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 18 Sep 2018, 2:50 pm

Remember when there was that full breakdown of all the cinematic references to classic films in TLJ? Now there's one for Solo. Between the novel and the home video coming out, it's been like a mini Solo revival recently.

https://nerdist.com/solo-star-wars-story-cinematic-references-guide-grease-high-noon/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 25 Sep 2018, 4:28 pm

Parody/Critic videos of Solo to celebrate its home release.

I liked Solo but I still laughed at their comments on SW fatigue and that they should have waited winter, the darkness of the film and the Solo=Han's wookiepedia page is spot on.
Be careful of the comments section, some people will nicely remind you Solo is better than TLJ and TLJ is trash that has killed SW. Rolling Eyes
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 17 Oct 2018, 11:14 am

Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Thu 25 Oct 2018, 8:08 am

I forgot to mention I finally watched Solo a few weeks ago. I don't have much new to add unfortunately. I definitely hold it in higher regard than RO which is just so forgettable with forgettable characters (aside from Cassian perhaps) but pretty visuals - a common Gareth Edwards trademark (the superior Gareth is Gareth Evans, that's for sure). None of the spinoffs hold a candle to the ST for me.

Anyway, I did enjoy it but I was extremely tired and sleepy for the first half at least, which meant I didn't have the analytical part of my brain switched on. Powell's score was nice. Didn't like L3. Alden did a pretty good job as young Han. Enfys Nest was great for what little screentime she had. Her theme is fantastic.

Surprisingly, considering I'm not a big fan of Emilia Clarke, I really liked her here. Dryden Vos was a great and creepy villain bolstered by a very solid Paul Bettany performance and the Qi'ra/Dryden Vos subplot was the highlight of the film for me, particularly the denouement and climax, which was staged remarkably similar to Snoke's death in the throne room, complete with elevator scene and all. I thought some of these parallels were going to be subtle and a bit of a stretch but that wasn't the case at all. I'm surprised I haven't seen more discussion about this outside of Reylo circles.

Of course, as already mentioned, the dice are all over the film, LOL. Going into the film many naturally assumed there would be Kylo/Han parallels but it turned out to be with the morally ambiguous and complicated female character, Qi'ra, instead. Qi'ra's an interesting one. The promotion played her up as being a traditional femme fatale, but honestly, watching the film, I didn't get that feeling at all? We get to see a bit of her youth, realise she's Han's childhood sweetheart, see her terrible situation with Dryden Vos where she's basically been made a slave and groomed. Femme fatale's tend to have mysterious backgrounds to retain that allure. And although there was the betrayal, hers was more of a 'stuck between a rock and a hard place' situation. I don't think she's an easily defined character who can be stuck into any one box easily, and like Kylo, she subverts expectations. Definitely the two most interesting new characters to emerge from Disney Canon, which is pretty funny, because I would say they are the two least 'disneyfied' characters.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 27 Oct 2018, 2:37 am

@Kylo Rey - great review of Solo and I agree with lots of your points. I also saw the movie for the first time recently and I ended up liking Qi’ra’s character a whole lot more than I initially thought I would.

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 11 Dec 2018, 10:02 am

Someone forgot to submit the very good musical score for Solo on time, so it is not eligible for an Oscar. This film has suffered so much already, it feels like kicking someone while they're down at this point.

https://www.slashfilm.com/best-score-oscar/
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Tue 11 Dec 2018, 10:12 am

californiagirl wrote:Someone forgot to submit the very good musical score for Solo on time, so it is not eligible for an Oscar. This film has suffered so much already, it feels like kicking someone while they're down at this point.

https://www.slashfilm.com/best-score-oscar/
@californiagirl

That's too bad, because it's such a good soundtrack Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sun 30 Dec 2018, 9:46 am

I forgot to say I finally saw Solo a couple of months ago. I think as more time goes by I really find that I enjoyed it a lot. The only things that I tend to have a hard time with are the things I had ideas for in my head all those years of how they happened like Han meeting Chewie and the Kessel Run. As well as I think how Val and Durant deserved more screentime. But if you scrap away all of those things it's a fun time. I especially love Qi'Ra. She was such a layered and great character. Lando also equally stole the show. You could truly feel her history with Han and where we see Lando and Han during TESB. I equally loved seeing Maul, L3 standing for droid rights, Han and Lando playing cards, any scene at Drayden Vos', and really more. I really need to watch it again as I feel the lows will only get higher as I let go and watch it more. It's far from perfect but it's a good time. Smile
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 14 Apr 2019, 7:59 am

So this is interesting- sounds like Solo could be the first movie - so does this mean we could be getting more and maybe even Ben solo ???Yeah am reaching I know but he’s a solo :
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/bd1fem/enfys_nest_actress_calls_solo_the_first_movie_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:00 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:So this is interesting- sounds like Solo could be the first movie - so does this mean we could be getting more and maybe even Ben solo ???Yeah am reaching I know but he’s a solo :
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/bd1fem/enfys_nest_actress_calls_solo_the_first_movie_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
@AhsokaTano

With its ending, Solo calls for another movie. Sadly, since it didn't performe as wanted, Disney must be warry to do a sequel for the cinema.
I think Disney+ is what is going to save those movies by being their new plateform. Which is nice because I liked those characters and want to see their adventures.
As for Ben Solo, maybe for an epilogue, but that would mean the end of this serie of movies.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 14 Apr 2019, 3:46 pm

One thing with the teaser, where are the Golden Dice in the next movie? Because they sure made a point of showing them in Solo and TLJ.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:01 pm

snufkin wrote:One thing with the teaser, where are the Golden Dice in the next movie? Because they sure made a point of showing them in Solo and TLJ.
@snufkin

I wondered about it too. Souldn't they be on the falcon since it was an illusion on Crait ?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 17 May 2019, 4:50 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
snufkin wrote:One thing with the teaser, where are the Golden Dice in the next movie? Because they sure made a point of showing them in Solo and TLJ.
@snufkin

I wondered about it too. Souldn't they be on the falcon since it was an illusion on Crait ?

@LadyGaufrette

Excellent question - I just checked and the scenes of Rey flying the Falcon on Crait while tracking Leia's signal are shot at an angle where you can't see the place where they hung in the cockpit. The actual only shot is when Luke enters the cockpit and pulls them down/holds them in his hand. The next shot is him sitting in the galley when R2 wakes up. We only know that Luke pulled them down when he was on the Falcon and then they later appear as part of his Force project and the last Force Bond scene. I'd be surprised if they don't make an appearance in TROS after all the references dropped to them in 3 movie. Especially the dice being handed back and forth between Qi'ra and Han and then Luke and Leia with the detail about how TLJ novel about Ben used to carry/play with them as a small child. Which makes them vanishing from his hand at the end after Rey cuts off the bond between them, extra tragic. But as far as what the filmmakers are willing to show, we don't know yet if Luke put the dice back up or if he kept them with him on Ache-to.

IDK who else has had the soundtrack grab their attention now that Solo is on Netflix, but I've had pieces of it stuck in my head ever since noticing it while watching on headphones. And something else about connections between it and the ST grabbed me, the motif for Crimson Dawn, has elements of Snoke's theme.

It's played when Enfys Nest explains how Crimson Dawn/the Five Syndicates came to be, how her mother formed the Cloud Riders to fight against them, and then the group (including Warwick Davis as an older version of his TPM character) unmask to proclaim themselves as allies against the syndicates and the Empire. It's played again when we see Vos turn on Qi'ra and the parallel to the Throne Room of "I would give up something I love to prove my loyalty," which isn't just Han in that moment but you know Ben in the future being told to kill both Han and Rey*.  But when it's used with the Cloud Riders, I'm fully expecting that for what the Resistance becomes  - a coalition of different groups/worlds fighting back together against the First Order and the syndicates behind it.  But having elements of Snoke's theme is interesting and I've seen one Reddit discussion about maybe Snoke's back story is that he was part of Crimson Dawn/the Five Syndicates since we know from Bloodline that the syndicates were funding the First Order.

* One thing I noticed which I doubt is a coincidence, both Vos and Snoke use the word weakness to describe Qi'ra's feelings for Han ("Turns out that Qi'ra has a weak spot for you.") and Ben's feelings for Rey ("Have you detected a weakness in my apprentice?") Also that Enfys Nest says "do you know who that pack of animals became?" which sounds an awful lot like Maz's "they're here, those beasts." When it's the same writer between two films who was also an advisor on another film in a series of films with repeating motifs in the language used in the scripts, it's likely not a coincidence.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 21 May 2019, 5:28 pm

IDK who's seen the 2nd series for Phoebe Waller-Bridges' Fleabag but I can't believe I haven't seen anybody mention how the newest character, Hot Priest, both get into the same "We get each other, but we're mutually incompatible & it's going to end badly" territory that was L3 and Lando's relationship.

If you haven't seen it and enjoyed L3, she was hired because of the first season and once you've watched, it's easy to spot the very Fleabag moments of humor when she's on screen in Solo.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next