Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

+47
MrsWindu
snufkin
guardienne
Darth Rowan
Man Without A Star
SW_Heroine_Journey
fuhry
EchoBase
unicorn
Birdwoman
Tex
Moonjump05
Armadeus
CienaRee
teltaru
Moonlight13
SanghaRen
Forsythia
Apriljandy
12 Parsnips
twilekempire
nickandnora
motherofpearl1
SkyStar
IoJovi
SheLitAFire
Saracene
YeeRees
Darth Dingbat
Night Huntress
rey09
Darth Dementor
Riri
ISeeAnIsland
MindAndMagic
Kylo Rey
Starliteprism
Geralt_Riv
AhsokaTano
rawpowah
Ynqve
DeeBee
Darth_Awakened
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
Cowgirlsamurai
Irina de France
51 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 9 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by DeeBee Sun 10 Jun 2018, 9:54 pm

SanghaRen wrote:@DeeBee
Another collector of antiquities indeed. It's a running theme somehow in the SW stories lately. Supposedly Ben Solo is a collector although that seemed to be more one of his TFA traits confirmed by PH in tweets, which led many (including me) to imagine him and the KOR on an Indiana Jones journey to retrieve whatever super force artefact was out there. Not sure the TLJ version of Ben still has this hobby. Nothing in the movie to confirm or deny it. We'll see if IX jumps on that train, but somehow I cannot really imagine that scenario anymore as it seems a bit late to choose that direction in the last movie. Maybe a holocron. Please Lucasfilm? Can you imagine if we see Dryden's sith holocron with Ben in IX? That'd be cool. I have not completely gived up on an animation of Young Ben and Uncle Luke traveling through the galaxy looking for artefacts, although it sounds too similar to TCW to follow the adventures of a young Skywalker before he turned (ok, Ben Solo hasn't fully turned). I still think there is much potential for a Ben Solo animation.

Coming back to artefacts, Ransolm Casterfo, who had some parallels with Ben Solo in Bloodline, was also a collector. Even Luke was a collector - I suppose most of his collection was destroyed in the temple. I guess you gotta give characters a reason to be on the road or in space all the time, apart from war, so having them search for artefacts is as good a reason as it gets and then you can also go crazy in the design of the collected objects Smile

I am fascinated by the mummified hand. Did Dryden kill that king and had the hand mummified as a trophy? Somehow it makes me think of the infamous ashes in Kylo's chamber Very Happy
@SanghaRen

Yeah I love all this stuff!! If we don’t get it in IX, I hope RJ’s trilogy will go there… fingers crossed..
The info about Ben Solo being a collector -and the KOR too, was this in TFA visual dictionary? I don’t have that..Yeah I’m not sure I’ve seen this hobby identified either..  I read over the KOR thread yesterday (in TFA section) to remind myself what is currently out there that is canon about the KOR and it sounded like an early TFA script had info about them – but it wasn’t brought into canon. I’m wondering if this idea of Kylo and the KOR hunting for relics is from there…

I wold love to see any holocrons in one of the movies – they haven’t really gone mainstream movie and I love all this stuff! Indeed – please Lucasfilm! I can imagine Dryden’s sith holocron being in IX. I can imagine lots of things haaaaa..
I was at the shops today and had a quick flick through the Solo official guide – it said Dryden was intending to donate the Sith Holocron to someone – I can’t remember the exact words, but I’m left with the impression he was going to gift it on eventually – maybe he intended to gift it to Maul… but I could see Crimson Dawn (Qi’ra or not) gifting it to Kylo Ren in IX to gain favour. Anything is possible!

I think it’s great there are so many collectors – and when you think about it, some of the Sith artefact are downright dangerous – and shouldn’t be out in the community – the way they can take over someone and turn them into evil is not something that should be let lose. I’d actually love to see Rey get hold of these for 5 minutes – rofl. I think loads of fans would love to see Evil Rey -and it would be a way to do it while not disrupting her character arc, and give just a taste lol. Could be downright fun. Haaaaaa… I can see this would be in the trailers for sure. Whoooo evil Rey in IX! Haaa.. Rey will be on the lookout for a new lightsabre maybe in IX – wasn’t there a light saber in a canon comic that made Luke go all dark and forget himself for a bit? Anyone?

Darth Dingbat wrote:  I ordered the Visual Dictionary (haven't received it yet), but alas, I've heard that it's not worth buying. Apparently it's much poorer than its previous counterparts.

As for the singer, I assumed she wears the apparatus either to breathe regular air, or to make intelligible human sounds? But who knows. There were decraniated servers on Dryden's ship, after all. Those creep me out, big time.

I love the song, btw - been listening to it a lot. It's so... creepy-groovy. I do wish the soundtrack had the version that ended up in the film - with the fish tank creature singing bass.

@Darth Dingbat
-Awesome! If you could share any great finds I’d be very grateful! I had a quick flick through it today and the content about the First Light and it’s contents are probably the most interesting to me. Though I’d be curious to read more about Coaxium- I saw there was a double page spread about it.
There was also a map I glimpsed - I think it was of something on Correlia - In hindsight I wish I'd taken a photo of it. but it looked exactly like Dr Aphra's electro-tattoo pattern.. and there is suppose to be upcoming content somewhere in star wars where these tattoos are going to be utilised in some way - but which SW content it is not yet know, other than it won't be in Dr Aphra comics. The Dr Aphra comic author was told by story group not to use this story as it was already taken.. I can find the source of that interview if the Dr Aphra tat interests you..

Armadeus wrote:  NON-SERIOUS RAMBLING AHEAD:

I'm wondering where the heck the rest of this 'King of Duro' is. Is it still out there? Are they sure he's dead? As in... 'permanently' dead? For all we know, he could be a member of an alien race that live for 20 billion years and can crush stars with their minds. Who knows what kind of mood losing his hand would put him in?

And even if he is dead, in a universe where Force ghosts are a real thing, I think we may need to treat it as 'within the realm of plausibility' that he may come looking for it.

Just wanna put that out there.
@Armadeus
Go Armadeus! Love this fun- imagining all the possibilities! Yeah that ring holding the ‘preserved cell samples from royal bloodline’ is super interesting! We know cloning is possible in SW universe..
Yeah I would put this within the realm of plausibility too! Rofl Armadeus – what mood would the King of Duro be in if he lost his hand?! Haaaa. I love it!
Hey, the King of Duro got the skywalker special!! Haaaaa… I thought it was hilarious that technically, Snoke did too! He lost both hands!

When having a quick flick through the Solo official guide today I took a quick photo of the singer and the singer in the jar. Rofl. I won’t share the images I took as they are not legal, and it’s against forum rules I figure. But I think I can at least type out the information.. so here goes!
Here are the descriptions of the Gold singer and her accompanying glass jar (rofl):

Aurodia Ventafoli
A best selling recording artist billed as “Chanteuse of the Stars”. Aurodia Ventafoli is in high demand. Touring makes it rare for her to settle in one place for too long, but Dryden Vos offered a hefty sum to book her for an extended residency on the yacht. He pairs her with a classic supper-club singer.
[description of face apparatus: ‘Multi-vocoder boosts her voice to non-human frequencies.
Description of dress: ‘Corded auropyle dress’]

Luleo Primoc
First impressions of this tiny Gallusian might not suggest a recording legend, but Luleo Primoc was a chart-topping singer in the years before the Clone Wars. He also starred in a series of holomovies while wearing a dashing humanoid exo-suit. Now past his prime, Luleo is still favoured by retro-collectors and enthusiasts.
[description of his glass jar ‘Repulsorlift-fitted flask filled with formaldehyde’]

This level of detail is pretty hilarious!!! And to think, both these singers maybe umm Star Wars Universe Grammy Award winners. Rofl!

Last edited by DeeBee on Sun 10 Jun 2018, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix typo)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 9 Empty Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED]

Post by CienaRee Tue 12 Jun 2018, 4:23 pm

Someone made a fan edit of Han remembering Qi'ra in ANH just after Leia tells Luke about wether Hannah cares about anyone or anything which I thought was really cool:

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:56 am

There is a concept I understand in my heart, yet my logic cannot comprehend it, so I continuously ponder it.  The concept - what turned out between Han and Beckett, and then Han later promising Ben that he will do anything to help him...is it a die for his sins concept? (I know there is more to it than that, yet it is beyond my understanding, which is why I love it more! lol) The Annual comic - Han's Blood Debts causes me to feel I am on the correct track, but help me to really understand it more - build the puzzle (I am missing pieces). Help! Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 13 Jun 2018, 1:25 am

CienaRee wrote:Someone made a fan edit of Han remembering Qi'ra in ANH just after Leia tells Luke about wether Hannah cares about anyone or anything which I thought was really cool:
@CienaRee

Oohhh, that made me go all mushy inside. Han and Q'ira. :-(

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:There is a concept I understand in my heart, yet my logic cannot comprehend it, so I continuously ponder it.  The concept - what turned out between Han and Beckett, and then Han later promising Ben that he will do anything to help him...is it a die for his sins concept? (I know there is more to it than that, yet it is beyond my understanding, which is why I love it more! lol) The Annual comic - Han's Blood Debts causes me to feel I am on the correct track, but help me to really understand it more - build the puzzle (I am missing pieces). Help! Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

There are parallels between Han and Beckett and Han and Kylo. Both Han and Kylo kill a father figure. Both Becket and Han touch their "son's/killer's" faces. Han kills his father-figure because he doesn't trust him because his father betrayed him. We don't know the whole story with Kylo/Ben and Han, but I am pretty sure Kylo/Ben felt like Han betrayed at some level. Han and Kylo both feel bad about killing their their "father". Han shows his upfront, but gets over it, whereas with Kylo it will wreck him on some level forever.

But things diverge at the point of the face touch. Becket touches Han's face when he is about to betray him. Han touches Kylo's face because he loves him and because he was willing to give him everything.

Han knows that he failed his son. We don't know how much, but we know that he is willing to do anything for him at that moment, perhaps because he didn't give enough to his son in a million moments before. We don't know at this point.

But there is an absolute Christ-like moment with Han there, an "I will die so you can be saved." Further it was specifically written in the script of TFA that the blown up SKB is the birth of a "new sun." Change a letter and the "son" is born again. "My son is alive," and will live and be born again because of what Han did. @frolickingfizzgig wrote an excellent meta about the sun/son meaning. But yes, in the end Han is willing to give his life to save his son, hence he is willing to die for his son's sins in that the son's sins and abuse damage have warped the son so much that something radical and extraordinary and selfless needs to happen to knock the son off his bad path.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 13 Jun 2018, 7:38 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
CienaRee wrote:Someone made a fan edit of Han remembering Qi'ra in ANH just after Leia tells Luke about wether Hannah cares about anyone or anything which I thought was really cool:
@CienaRee

Oohhh, that made me go all mushy inside. Han and Q'ira. :-(

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:There is a concept I understand in my heart, yet my logic cannot comprehend it, so I continuously ponder it.  The concept - what turned out between Han and Beckett, and then Han later promising Ben that he will do anything to help him...is it a die for his sins concept? (I know there is more to it than that, yet it is beyond my understanding, which is why I love it more! lol) The Annual comic - Han's Blood Debts causes me to feel I am on the correct track, but help me to really understand it more - build the puzzle (I am missing pieces). Help! Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

There are parallels between Han and Beckett and Han and Kylo. Both Han and Kylo kill a father figure. Both Becket and Han touch their "son's/killer's" faces. Han kills his father-figure because he doesn't trust him because his father betrayed him. We don't know the whole story with Kylo/Ben and Han, but I am pretty sure Kylo/Ben felt like Han betrayed at some level. Han and Kylo both feel bad about killing their their "father". Han shows his upfront, but gets over it, whereas with Kylo it will wreck him on some level forever.

But things diverge at the point of the face touch. Becket touches Han's face when he is about to betray him. Han touches Kylo's face because he loves him and because he was willing to give him everything.

Han knows that he failed his son. We don't know how much, but we know that he is willing to do anything for him at that moment, perhaps because he didn't give enough to his son in a million moments before. We don't know at this point.

But there is an absolute Christ-like moment with Han there, an "I will die so you can be saved." Further it was specifically written in the script of TFA that the blown up SKB is the birth of a "new sun." Change a letter and the "son" is born again. "My son is alive," and will live and be born again because of what Han did. @frolickingfizzgig wrote an excellent meta about the sun/son meaning.  But yes, in the end Han is willing to give his life to save his son, hence he is willing to die for his son's sins in that the son's sins and abuse damage have warped the son so much that something radical and extraordinary and selfless needs to happen to knock the son off his bad path.
@SoloSideCousin

Thank you so very much!  I truly appreciate this reply!  It's perfect - now everything is wrapped in a nice bow in my mind with logically thinking about it. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 13 Jun 2018, 1:10 pm

I saw movie only once but I cant remember did Qi’ra say that to prove loyalty you must hurt someone you love? Or did I dream it?
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Wed 13 Jun 2018, 2:06 pm

SkyStar wrote:I saw movie only once but I cant remember did Qi’ra say that to prove loyalty you must hurt someone you love? Or did I dream it?
@SkyStar

She said that you must sacrifice something you love.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 13 Jun 2018, 2:06 pm

@SkyStar She did, when they're trapped by Vos. It's a pretty clear parallel to Ben with Snoke and how he's ordered to kill Han but then turns on Snoke to protect Rey.

One thing I still haven't figured out with that scene, if they brought the actual coaxium with them to Vos as a switcheroo after Beckett's departure/betrayal, what was the plan to still get the real stuff back to Enfys Nest if they'd managed to scam Vos?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Wed 13 Jun 2018, 2:28 pm

@Man Without A Star @snufkin ah yes, because at that moment I thought how Han clearly understood why Kylo did what he did and that his son still loved him at that moment and that is why Han forgave him and let him prove loyalty to one Kylo thought is worth it. Yet it sounds somehow messed up.

Good question about the coaxium, looks like I need to rewatch the movie. I think Han wanted to run away with coaxium and Qi’ra first)

SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Wed 13 Jun 2018, 3:03 pm

snufkin wrote:@SkyStar She did, when they're trapped by Vos. It's a pretty clear parallel to Ben with Snoke and how he's ordered to kill Han but then turns on Snoke to protect Rey.

One thing I still haven't figured out with that scene, if they brought the actual coaxium with them to Vos as a switcheroo after Beckett's departure/betrayal, what was the plan to still get the real stuff back to Enfys Nest if they'd managed to scam Vos?
@snufkin

I think Han was counting on Becket betraying him and taking it for himself, the whole "people are predictable" thing. And I still want to see it again to make sure, but it is a pretty complicated and subtle heist moment, especially for a SW movie. LK and JK are so awesome. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Wed 13 Jun 2018, 4:10 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
snufkin wrote:@SkyStar She did, when they're trapped by Vos. It's a pretty clear parallel to Ben with Snoke and how he's ordered to kill Han but then turns on Snoke to protect Rey.

@snufkin

I think Han was counting on Becket betraying him and taking it for himself, the whole "people are predictable" thing. And I still want to see it again to make sure, but it is a pretty complicated and subtle heist moment, especially for a SW movie. LK and JK are so awesome. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

He did. Han even said so and incorporated the betrayal into his machinations, when he revealed his master plan to Becket and Dryden Vos.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 13 Jun 2018, 4:51 pm

So Saxon from GoT had a cameo in Solo as a corellian hound - I don’t watch GoT btw. I am not too fond of real animals being used in movies especially in scenes like that, but I want to believe Saxon actually enjoys it and is/was treated well - seems happy with PH here.

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 9 76771110

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/06/13/star-wars-han-solo-movie-game-of-thrones-cameo-corellian-hounds

Edit: you can see him in the Star Wars show too and there is another suited up dog, a doberman. I want to cuddle them both. It’s at around 3:10 or so.

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 14 Jun 2018, 11:46 am

@SoloSideCousin @Darth Dementor I remember that part of the scene. It's just what were they going to do afterward if Beckett hadn't betrayed them and told Vos about Enfys Nest? What were they going to do next with the coaxium in the room having been handed over to Vos? That's the part I can't quite figure out, how they were going to get it back to the people they'd promised it to?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 14 Jun 2018, 12:41 pm

snufkin wrote:@SoloSideCousin @Darth Dementor I remember that part of the scene. It's just what were they going to do afterward if Beckett hadn't betrayed them and told Vos about Enfys Nest? What were they going to do next with the coaxium in the room having been handed over to Vos? That's the part I can't quite figure out, how they were going to get it back to the people they'd promised it to?
@snufkin

If I remember correctly, Han told Becket the plan, or a plan, and when Becket walked away, Han knew that he would betray him. Becket was never just going to walk away. He would either settle with Dryden, or he would take the coaxium for himself, and Han knew that.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Sat 16 Jun 2018, 10:26 am

@DeeBee

You asked if the info that Ben is a collector was from the TFA visual dictionary. I wanted to answer and forgot. I checked the visual dictionary and there is nothing. Also, I was absolutely sure that PH had answered a tweet confirming that Kylo was into artefacts, but I could not find it in my library of tweet screenshots. So I am starting to wonder if some of us did not engage in a group headcanoning based on Vader’s helmet and the fact that he mentions the Empire’s archives in the TFA interrogation scene leading to a sort of SW young and geeky Indiana Jones feeling. But then, we know from the TLJ visual dictionary that Luke roamed the galaxy looking for “every remnant of Jedi lore he could find in an effort to piece together a fragmented past”  and has gathered some Jedi Artefacts and disciples who would become his first true students. And since Ben was off the radar away with Luke during the timeline of Bloodline, one can imagine he helped his uncle in the search. But yeah, I am not sure now if there was not some headcanon influence at work here Razz
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 17 Jun 2018, 1:07 am

@SanghaRen - hiya! Great to hear from you! I'm going to quote this over on the Ben/Kylo thread and reply there, This way others who are interested and may be able to contribute to this will see these comments sunny

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 23 Jun 2018, 8:55 pm

What I'm going to say is very personal, but I think it's important for me to say it here because it might help others who have been holding out from seeing Solo.

The first thing I'll say is that I don't believe in organized boycotts of films, brands and restaurants. I don't believe in shaming people into submission, both the ones being boycotted and the ones who are expected to be part of the boycott by a majority. And for that reason although I have been angry about TLJ from the moment I first saw it, my reason for holding out on Solo was not that that I was participating in the organized #boycottsolo movement. My reason for not watching it until very recently is that I was scared that I wouldn't like it, and of what that would mean for me personally as a Star Wars fan. But I've had a rough few weeks, and I realized that the thing that could cheer me up like nothing else was watching a Star Wars movie at the movies, if that makes sense. So it was more like a leap of faith.

I'm happy to say that my faith was rewarded, because I absolutely LOVED Solo. I loved Alden Ehrenreich (sp?)as Han, which was my biggest concern. He is charismatic and vulnerable in a way that is fitting for a young proto-Han, which is what we're seeing here. I LOVED Chewie, and most of all I enjoyed Lando. The portrayal by Donald Glover was fantastic and did the character justice. I could have done without L3, whose presence I endured throughout the movie, but there were so many great things going on that even that couldn't spoil my enjoyment.

I've always been a fan of Woody Harrelson, whom I consider to be a very gifted character actor,  so enjoying his role wasn't a surprise for me. I like Emilia Clarke very much in spite of not being convinced by her acting in GoT (no offense to any fans of hers, just my opinion), and I was happy to see that she was actually great in Solo.

But my absolute favorite thing about Solo was Enfys Nest, and if that is what LF can do with new characters on film I am encouraged about the future. Here I'll go into a rant about what to me is the absolute importance of representation. Because I'll touch on some personal and potentially hot button issues that might be difficult to read, I will put this in spoiler brackets:

DARTH ROWAN'S RANT ABOUT THE ABSOLUTE IMPORTANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
But anyway. My favorite thing about Solo, (aside from Enfys Nest!) is that it felt like Star Wars although it wasn't about the Force and about lightsabers. It was about space trains and pansexual smugglers and the space mafia, but it was also about growing up, choosing to follow one's moral compass, transcending beyond the mundane to find true meaning, and just plain wanting to fly real fast and it was 100% Star Wars and it was incredibly fun. If you haven't watched it yet, I think you should go see it before it leaves theaters! It won't be the same on Netflix. XD
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 24 Jun 2018, 1:36 am

@Darth Rowan

Spoiler:

I'm glad you enjoyed Solo and hope you made your peace with TLJ as well. Thumbs up
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sun 24 Jun 2018, 3:51 pm

Haven't commented a ton on Solo, but now seems like an appropriate enough time since Enfys is the focus here. She's totally underrated, I don't see much discussion about her at all. Perhaps because she wasn't in the movie as much? But how much Maul was there either here or in TPM, yet he still became a fan favorite, with his own books, comics, roles in Clone Wars and Rebels, and so on.

So what if she sounded much like other Rebellion-leader type people in SW, which is a criticism I've heard. I think it's great she's part of this quasi-lineage of female freedom fighters, from Padme to her to Jyn Erso to Leia to, yes, Rey counts too. The little we saw and heard of Enfys made me want a whole movie or some kind of spinoff EU material about her and her people. The only thing that annoyed me here was the really long dramatic reveal, because.... she's a girl? Most of the female SW characters are fighters, so it just seemed odd, like it was a movie from another time. And the mask and title gets passed down like she's the Dread Pirate Roberts? Awesome. Also she has terrific theme music (go John Powell!). It made me sad the Resistance isn't as interesting as this proto-Rebellion.

Also regarding representation, I think Val (and her actress Thandie Newton) deserved better than what the movie gave her. We needed more of her, and the film didn't really do her justice.

I'm glad there's a female droid, and many love her, but it was very obvious that L3 was an L&M leftover that kind of stuck out from the rest of the film. I later read it was Miller's idea, based on the "we don't serve your kind here" line from ANH he thought was hilarious. Not sure if she was intended to be taken as a joke or seriously. My worry is that the whole movie felt like that under the earlier management, according to the Kasdans.

Spoiler:

Also Q'ira is one of the better characters to come out of the recent crop of SW movies. It seems like they were setting up for more adventures with her. I bet she and some of these other characters get spinoff material as the RO characters did. Donald Glover was spot-on as Lando, and Alden and Woody Harrelson were great too, and I haven't seen much criticism of much of the acting from anybody.

I do think it was too fanservice-y in some ways, but so was RO and even TFA. I'm glad Yoda told the audience the messages of TLJ, but (unpopular opinion) his appearance also seemed like fanservice. But none of it actually destroyed any of these movies for me. I was also impressed that was no acknowledgement of the force, lightsabers, Vader, the Death Star, the Jedi and Sith, and all those other mystical or cosmically-sized elements of SW. So in that way, it was actually a bit of a new direction it doesn't really get credit for.

@Darth Rowan So glad you loved Solo! It's been received pretty well in this corner, it's sometimes hard to remember how mixed the reception was/is elsewhere. One of the first comments I heard on the movie was that it was a welcome change of pace and tone after the heaviness of TLJ and RO. Even TFA was kind of heavy in spots. I can see IX being heavy for a good chunk of time, but I think it needs a happy ending, or there's not much of a point to it all.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sun 01 Jul 2018, 1:22 pm

finally managed to see it!

this was adorable in all the right ways and my anxiety about it was unfounded and i adored so many things about it. i'm sad it's received a battering, it's not the most original movie under the sun, but it holds up well enough and honestly doesn't feel like it's been stitched together and reshot and everything.

my favourite thing was learning that bradford young was the DP for this because i love how he lit arrival, and he did it again here, especially during the sabacc playing scenes. somehow he manages to make these scenes so intimate.

other favourite thing were the indigenous people on the desert planet of fuerteventura (whatever the hell it's called), i have such a soft spot for tiny ancient ladies.

costume for bad*** pirate person looked enormously like a princess mononoke leftover in the best possible way and i really hope they did draw inspo from it. i had other flashes of inspo when i saw the trenches on the war planet, or the dystopian correllian child labour camp or whatever the hell it was. it sort of all plays like a best of good creature design and location scouting fantasy stuff, and i'm all here for it.

would love sequels just so i could hang out with these guys some more. especially lando and his f***ing cape closet and why can't i have a lando movie with just him going cape shopping. that is all.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 06 Jul 2018, 5:21 am

@guardienne - glad you enjoyed it guardienne! Yeah! It's a great, fun ride Very Happy

Hi all, just thought I'd share a video I just came across for anyone interested- maybe it's been shared and I missed it.. Pablo Hidalgo gives a walk through of Dryden Vos' office and some of the artifacts.. enjoy! https://www.starwars.com/video/drydens-study-behan-the-scenes

DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sat 14 Jul 2018, 3:32 pm

nice interview about solo

i like how much howard respects lord/miller.
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Sat 14 Jul 2018, 4:38 pm

guardienne wrote:nice interview about solo

i like how much howard respects lord/miller.
@guardienne

Yes, in every interview and article I've seen him mention Lord and Miller, he always says that they were great, and that he loves the influence they had on the movie (30% of it is theirs, after all).

Also interesting that he mentions JJ giving him a bit of advice as well. JJ was hired for IX just a few months after Ron Howard was for Solo.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by guardienne Sun 15 Jul 2018, 4:22 am

@californiagirl i didn't pay a lot of attention, so i completely missed that. i still kinda want that lord/miller star wars movie, pls??!!
guardienne
guardienne
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILERS ALLOWED] - Page 9 Empty Starwars.com update on Solo DVD release and special features..

Post by DeeBee Thu 19 Jul 2018, 5:42 am

Hi All! There's Solo movie news!  DVD release and special features!!
source: https://www.starwars.com/news/solo-in-home
starwars.com wrote:  Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Academy Award–winning filmmaker Ron Howard, will be available to watch instantly on Sept. 14 as the Millennium Falcon sets course digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD and on Movies Anywhere, and you can bring the adventure home on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on Sept. 25....

...The new home release is packed with bonus content that takes fans behind the scenes to experience compelling discussions with the star-studded cast and screenwriters Jonathan Kasdan and Lawrence Kasdan, a revealing feature on Chewie and his enduring friendship with Han, and several never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes. The full list includes*:
Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable
— Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
Team Chewie — See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
Kasdan on Kasdan — Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
Remaking the Millennium Falcon –Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
Escape from Corellia — Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
The Train Heist — Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
Becoming a Droid: L3-37 — Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso –Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run –Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
The Millennium Falcon: From Page to Park — In an exclusive bonus feature available as a digital code with the Target release, you can get a look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
And Deleted Scenes:
Proxima’s Den
Corellian Foot Chase
Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
The Battle of Mimban: Extended
Han Versus Chewie: Extended
Snowball Fight!
Meet Dryden: Extended
Coaxium Double-Cross
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer. Click here for more information.

This is an adventure you won’t want to miss.

DISC SPECIFICATIONS:
FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 135 min.
RATING: PG-13 in U.S. (Bonus Material Not Rated); PG in CE and G in CF
ASPECT RATIO: 2.39:1
PRODUCT OFFERINGS: Digital 4K UHD (Select retailers include Dolby Vision), HD, SD; 4K UHD Multi Screen Edition (4K UHD + BD + Digital Code); Blu-ray (BD + Digital Code) Feature Film; DVD, On Demand
AUDIO:
4K UHD BD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Thai 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Digital 4K UHD: English Dolby Atmos (for some clients), English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)
Digital HD/SD: English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)
SUBTITLES:
4K UHD: English SDH, Cantonese, Korean, Latin Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese for English, French-Canadian
Blu-ray: English SDH, French & Spanish
DVD: English SDH, French & Spanish
4K UHD/HD/SD Digital: English SDH, French & Spanish
CLOSED CAPTIONS: English (DVD & Digital)
I guess this is USA release date and us fans not in the US may not have the same release date, still, it's cool to see the special features! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next