Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

+72
Good-olio Raeh
nickandnora
LadyHa
thescavenger
BB-Rey
Darth_marshmallow
Atenais
Kylo Men
Lily Snape
Forsythia
AceofWands
Anakin Skywalker
SheLitAFire
SkyStar
reylo1992
shii405
DeeBee
tukicarreno
Piper Maru
bossbaby
DarthRen
BenRey
motherofpearl1
Darth_Awakened
BastilaBey
snufkin
soulluos
So-Old-Juvenile Named Ewa
MindAndMagic
jakkusun
kassadin
SanghaRen
Xylo Ren
ZioRen
Helix
Search Your Feelings
ladyconsular
MeadowofAshes
Libra Vibora
Rimfaxe96
IoJovi
Marchtwin
Gemini
CienaRee
Little_Boots
Reynak
ISeeAnIsland
MoonlitMoss
Irina de France
spacebaby45678
Rei of Sunshine
Kylo Ren
Blackcanary
vaderito
ZenBrainJam
Kessel
Mana
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Darth Dingbat
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Darth Dementor
Airemyn
Force22
Darth Rowan
panki
Sylvia Snow
Reylo Lemon
YoloKylo
AnneNeville
guardienne
76 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 10 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by panki Mon 11 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

Search Your Feelings wrote:
panki wrote:
Search Your Feelings wrote:
panki wrote:
Helix wrote:
Search Your Feelings wrote:We should be wary about Poe dying. He's the one that has a hero's death written all over him.  Plus he's a bit outside of the trio.  I like his character and I hope he doesn't die.
@Search Your Feelings

I know he was supposed to die and that was changed, but he still strikes me as the most expendable of the trio.
@Helix

I don't see Poe dying.....maybe in Episode 9 but definitely not episode 8....primarily because the force tree story arc and his mother's mysterious death haven't been explained as yet.....as of now, Hux is the most expendable followed by Phasma because we now know his backstory....they could be setting him up for getting killed.
@panki

I'm thinking they could show Poe's backstory in the comics. Poe could die in either 8 or 9, most likely 9 to give the final battle some weight.  
Hux is definitely going to die, he was placed as a comparison to Kylo, showing badness that is irredeemable.  When Kylo is redeemed, someone has to die for the FO's crimes and Hux/Snoke is the one to die. I see Phasma to be the one put on trial and in jail as I haven't seen her do anything super bad yet and not sure Disney will have a woman dying even if she's on the wrong side of the war.
@Search Your Feelings

The death of Poe's mother might definitely come in a novel or comic (I wonder if the FO killed her since she helped Leia thwart Operation Cinder) but the force tree part is a little too important... it might be essential for the new jedi order so I have a feeling it might appear in movies and Poe is needed for that... I am personally hoping he lives and takes over Leia's political mantle (I don't see Kylo wanting it after what Leia said in Bloodline)..... she is his mother's friend and seems like a mother figure to him after he found her mentioned in his mother's diaries so it would make sense.

Finn might be the character who negotiates peace between the republic and the members of the FO who want peace.... I can imagine him finding a new planet for the stormies to colonise and start a new life....maybe even becoming the leader of a planet.

Hux is definitely going to die.... no two ways about it.... Smile

I hope they have the guts to kill a female character...they have done it in Disney cartoons so now shouldn't be any different.....Phasma hasn't done anything as yet but aren't there rumors that she will turn more evil and finally Finn will cut off her hand and kill her in Episode 8?
@panki

Agreed, if he survives, Poe will be the new blood in the Resistance. I imagine Finn's scene to be like the ending of that movie, The Island...freeing the Stormtroopers and breaking up the program and conditioning. It'll be exciting to see how far Disney will go with Phasma, Kylo, and Rey.
@Search Your Feelings

I love he imagery of Finn freeing the storm troopers like in The Island!!! Very Happy That would be awesome imagery.

@ZioRen .... I can imagine two reasons for Finn's anger towards Phasma:

1. She personally killed his parents when kidnapping him as a child and he will find this out.
2. He was inadvertently made a double agent and the tracker Hux mentioned in TFA which helped the FO find the resistance base was on him....so he will be furious at being used by Phasma and the FO.

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 10 Empty Re: Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega

Post by snufkin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 1:45 pm

Boyega is going to bet the Stars Wars equivalent to William Shatner*. He's their biggest and most enthusiastic brand ambassador ever so there's no way that they'd ever kill off Finn.

* In terms of iconic status and being associated with the franchise. Not in terms of him being a main stay of cheesy TV shows or eventual camp/kitsch icon. I also suspect he's a way better actor.

Last edited by snufkin on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Mon 11 Jul 2016, 1:56 pm

I don't think so. He's the perfect candidate for the Resistance vs FO storyline, along with Poe, while Rey deals with the light vs dark side plot. Also I'm eager to see the rumored awkward Finn and former fellow stormtroopers scenes. Very Happy
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Mon 11 Jul 2016, 4:07 pm

Search Your Feelings wrote:We should be wary about Poe dying. He's the one that has a hero's death written all over him.  Plus he's a bit outside of the trio.  I like his character and I hope he doesn't die.

This is more likely, esp in 9. I hope not, but we'll see.

May I also offer for your consideration, the pattern of the first two trilogies concerning big deaths:

OT: big death Obi Wan, in first movie.
PT: big death Qui Gon, in first movie.  
ST: big death Han, in first movie.

Any other deaths that happened (Padme, Emperor, Vader etc) were expected and you can't convince me otherwise.

Hux and Snoke will die. Wouldn't put money on anyone else quite yet.
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Mon 11 Jul 2016, 5:26 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:

This is more likely, esp in 9. I hope not, but we'll see.

May I also offer for your consideration, the pattern of the first two trilogies concerning big deaths:

OT: big death Obi Wan, in first movie.
PT: big death Qui Gon, in first movie.  
ST: big death Han, in first movie.

Any other deaths that happened (Padme, Emperor, Vader etc) were expected and you can't convince me otherwise.

Hux and Snoke will die. Wouldn't put money on anyone else quite yet.
@Xylo Ren

Agree with this post.  I am kind of expecting/dreading Luke's death, though, at the end of Ep9.
I can see him being a force ghost at the end, smiling at Kylo and/or Rey. I think I'm going to have a tear in my eye when that happens.
But will Luke pass away from fighting Snoke?  I prefer Luke passing away peacefully, Yoda style, disappearing into the Force.  Crying or Very sad
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:44 am

I'll put a billboard up in San Francisco if Finn dies. He might not be my favorite character, but I want to see his story as an ex-stormtrooper develop. And... don't kill me... If they go for a Finn/KMT character romance, I see them as the happy ending in IX. Why? Because he was pictured as the easy-going forgive and forget type and unless he suddenly snaps out and shows post traumatic stress, he will most probably remain this light-hearted character who would build an easy relationship very fast while the soul searching Reylo would take a bit more time.

If another major character dies in this trilogy, I'd probably place my bet on Leia. The love of her life is gone and if on her last breath she sees her son redeemed and also senses that the nice girl she hugged in TFA will be part of his life, and the Galaxy is in good hands, it could be a happy ending for her in a way. I do wonder now about Force Ghosts. It would be awful that she is a Force Ghost but Han is, well, fully gone. Thinking of it, Anakin also got to be a Force Ghost while Padme is gone. This is sad... Force Ghosts should be relieved of their duty at some point.
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:54 am

SanghaRen wrote:I'll put a billboard up in San Francisco if Finn dies. He might not be my favorite character, but I want to see his story as an ex-stormtrooper develop. And... don't kill me... If they go for a Finn/KMT character romance, I see them as the happy ending in IX. Why? Because he was pictured as the easy-going forgive and forget type and unless he suddenly snaps out and shows post traumatic stress, he will most probably remain this light-hearted character who would build an easy relationship very fast while the soul searching Reylo would take a bit more time.

If another major character dies in this trilogy, I'd probably place my bet on Leia. The love of her life is gone and if on her last breath she sees her son redeemed and also senses that the nice girl she hugged in TFA will be part of his life, and the Galaxy is in good hands, it could be a happy ending for her in a way. I do wonder now about Force Ghosts. It would be awful that she is a Force Ghost but Han is, well, fully gone. Thinking of it, Anakin also got to be a Force Ghost while Padme is gone. This is sad... Force Ghosts should be relieved of their duty at some point.
@SanghaRen

Leia does make sense- Han was after all the love of her life... if she does become a force ghost, I hope they find some way to make Han a force ghost as well.... that Palps managed to be a ghostly voice in Rey's vision...if he can have an after death presence, then Han and Padme should also be hanging around in force ghost land... if we look at the OT, all the 4 characters survived.... Luke, Leia, Han and Lando.... so we'll probably see Rey, Kylo, Finn and Poe in some group celebration shot at the end of the trilogy. Smile

panki
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Tue 12 Jul 2016, 10:44 am

Did anyone ever think that we could actually get a big surprise at the end of IX and that Rey dies for the greater good? I know, I know, the Skywalker babies... But I really wonder how much they will follow the "rules" of the past trilogies and if they don't have another plan. Maybe both Rey and Kylo die to live happily ever after as Force Ghosts. I can see the shock on everyone's face. And then you have Finn saying "the Jedis are dead" and Yoda whispering "no, there is still one..." What?!?
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Tue 12 Jul 2016, 12:27 pm

SanghaRen wrote:I'll put a billboard up in San Francisco if Finn dies. He might not be my favorite character, but I want to see his story as an ex-stormtrooper develop. And... don't kill me... If they go for a Finn/KMT character romance, I see them as the happy ending in IX. Why? Because he was pictured as the easy-going forgive and forget type and unless he suddenly snaps out and shows post traumatic stress, he will most probably remain this light-hearted character who would build an easy relationship very fast while the soul searching Reylo would take a bit more time.

@SanghaRen

I really hope Leia doesn't die. I think she'd be great as the one who survives out of the trio. Han was the love of her life, but her other first love seemed to be the Resistance, she fought so hard for the cause, she should be there to see it through and see the aftermath of the FO/Snoke takedown. She should see the FO remnants defeated and her son redeemed, and when she retires, she can be this legendary general who everyone remembers, then she can join Han at his grave after passing the torch to the Damerons.
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Tue 12 Jul 2016, 1:07 pm

Wow the way that reads is like he's not coming back
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Mon 18 Jul 2016, 12:16 am

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 10 Tumblr_oah2zhvt3Y1uam31lo2_540

John is such a sweetheart!!! H-beating
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kassadin Thu 21 Jul 2016, 11:46 am

I think FO will find the resistance base in episode 8, and that they will succeed in it by locating GPS tracking device that they might have implanted under the skin of Finn. Phasma sent him to be re-conditioned, but perhaps they implanted a chip. Does this make sense to anyone else? There will be a battle for sure so there must be a reason why it happens and how FO finds them. I just find it very weird that they wanted to re-condition Finn and soon after he escaped.
kassadin
kassadin
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun Thu 21 Jul 2016, 4:00 pm

kassadin wrote:I think FO will find the resistance base in episode 8, and that they will succeed in it by locating GPS tracking device that they might have implanted under the skin of Finn. Phasma sent him to be re-conditioned, but perhaps they implanted a chip. Does this make sense to anyone else? There will be a battle for sure so there must be a reason why it happens and how FO finds them. I just find it very weird that they wanted to re-condition Finn and soon after he escaped.
@kassadin
I like this theory! Though...the FO found the base the first time because they tracked a recon ship. When Hux found out it was the Ileenium system he said: "We have their location. We tracked their reconnaissance ship to the Ileenium system." Poe mentioned the recon too: "The scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's report." So they'd have to explain why they tracked the ship instead of just Finn, who had been at the base for a while by then. You know...I also wonder why they needed Snap to fly recon if they already trusted Finn. I guess it was to get the cool holo images?

I still definitely wonder what the reconditioning was all about....and why it didn't seem to be effective in any way. I think you are right to be suspicious about it. And I also wonder where the new base will be, since the one in the Ileenium system isn't so secret anymore. And you probably right that Finn will probably be the important link between the FO and Resistance.
jakkusun
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Thu 21 Jul 2016, 4:08 pm

Anyone else hoping for a Finn vs Kylo Ren rematch? (Even if it was just with Finn and maybe KMT helping him to distract Ren? Idk)
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Thu 21 Jul 2016, 4:20 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:Anyone else hoping for a Finn vs Kylo Ren rematch? (Even if it was just with Finn and maybe KMT helping him to distract Ren? Idk)
@Rimfaxe96

I wouldn't. Unless its like Rocky III, where they put there differences aside, and it is simply a friendly sparring match.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Thu 21 Jul 2016, 5:19 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:I wouldn't. Unless its like Rocky III, where they put there differences aside, and it is simply a friendly sparring match.
@Darth Dementor

Whether a real fight or a spar, Finn will totally want to get a chance for payback for having his back sliced up. Not to mention the punch in the face Laughing
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 21 Jul 2016, 5:25 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:
Rimfaxe96 wrote:Anyone else hoping for a Finn vs Kylo Ren rematch? (Even if it was just with Finn and maybe KMT helping him to distract Ren? Idk)
@Rimfaxe96

I wouldn't. Unless its like Rocky III, where they put there differences aside, and it is simply a friendly sparring match.
@Darth Dementor

If we get a Rocky III ending, we totally need a shirtless Kylo and Finn running on the beach scene.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 Thu 21 Jul 2016, 5:29 pm

ISeeAnIsland wrote:If we get a Rocky III ending, we totally need a shirtless Kylo and Finn running on the beach scene.
@ISeeAnIsland

How about the entire squad running + BB-8 rolling along the beach bay xxxx watch style?

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 10 Giphy
Rimfaxe96
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 21 Jul 2016, 6:27 pm

Rimfaxe96 wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:If we get a Rocky III ending, we totally need a shirtless Kylo and Finn running on the beach scene.
@ISeeAnIsland

How about the entire squad running + BB-8 rolling along the beach bay xxxx watch style?

Discussion: Finn/FN-2187/John Boyega - Page 10 Giphy
@Rimfaxe96

Now I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen. Stupid, sexy Star Wars cast!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 05 Aug 2016, 7:52 pm

Interesting discussion about Finn in TFA and speculation about the rest of his story. What do others here think, is he force sensitive? What made him decide not to be a stormtrooper anymore and what will be his purpose as part of the Resistance?

BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MindAndMagic Fri 05 Aug 2016, 8:26 pm

I can talk about Kylo for hours, the other characters are more of a challenge! Very Happy Personally, I've never believed Finn was meant to be FS. I know there is this talk about degrees of FS, but I find it a bit hard to believe as of right now. The scene where he hears the screams could be taken as an indication of that though I interpreted it differently. I think those were the screams of the people around him while the FO attack in Takodana was going on and as he was boarding the ship, he suddenly turned around because he saw something weird in the sky, i.e. Starkiller destroying the nearby planet. There is also his awakening from the conditioning, which does make him special, but I'm not sure that could be taken as proof of FS. The most significant argument against that IMHO is the very clear distinction between the A and B plots as early as TFA. It really gives us an indication of where the characters might go next. Finn was deliberately omitted from anything to do with discovering the Force, notably he wasn't present when Rey realised her powers and during the fateful duel with Kylo. It's quite telling that the first duel was played as a sort of prelude to the real thing, it ended in seconds, no music, no emphasis, nothing. It simply doesn't make sense story wise. Going into TFA most people probably expected him to be the Jedi in the story because of the marketing, but after TFA there hasn't been another hint. To me, Finn has a completely different purpose as a character, he won't be just a rehash of Rey's story, he'll lead his own plot with the Resistance and truly shine there, that's the best direction and is in line with the TFA setup. The leaks for VIII emphasise this A/B plot distinction even further with actors filming together in two groups as it seems, also they're really trying to sell his dynamic with KMT in multiple interviews with JB and RJ. I do believe he has a great potential going forward, e.g. he might help free other stormtroopers, etc. He'll become his own hero, not just comic relief. This is a character will a lot of potential, the first time we get to see a soldier's personal perspective and journey, which is very refreshing.

Last edited by Queen of the Knights on Fri 05 Aug 2016, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
MindAndMagic
MindAndMagic
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 05 Aug 2016, 8:28 pm

@Queen of the Knights
I agree, I interpret the scene the same way as you. I think if they intended to make a big deal out of it they would have written that scene differently. They could have drawn attention to it and made it clear that Finn was hearing something he shouldn't have been able to hear, but they didn't. It's not evidence of anything IMO, just sound effects made by the people outside JJ added for dramatic effect.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Fri 05 Aug 2016, 8:33 pm

I haven't committed to Finn being force sensitive or not, because it's clearly not supposed to be relevant to the story as is. The writers will reveal it if they want to. In the Before the Awakening book, there's the idea that Finn is different from the other stormtroopers and shows abnormally high levels of compassion towards his fellow soldiers. And I know those stories are canon but...the film doesn't do a good job of following that idea through, tbh. Sure, his initial awakening is brought about from concern for a fallen trooper - but after that? He has no problem shooting them, and I just don't see how they can continue not to address that in the coming films. Will be fascinating to see how they approach that ethical concern for Finn. Then again, maybe they won't.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:37 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Queen of the Knights
I agree, I interpret the scene the same way as you. I think if they intended to make a big deal out of it they would have written that scene differently. They could have drawn attention to it and made it clear that Finn was hearing something he shouldn't have been able to hear, but they didn't. It's not evidence of anything IMO, just sound effects made by the people outside JJ added for dramatic effect.
@FrolickingFizzgig

No argument from me either.  If the scene in question was suppose to emphasize him as FS they could've shown his two companions when he reacted as a juxtaposition.  Or really there lack of reaction, to show he sensed something no one else did.  Instead the camera closes up on him only, in that moment, then cuts to the planet systems destruction, then to Maz's Castle showing everyone reacting at the same time Finn did.  It didn't really give the impression Finn noticed something no one else in the world saw?

For what it's Han Solo and Boba Fett aren't FS and there two of the most popular characters in Star Wars. Finn being in the same class as them is no sleight.
Darth Dementor
Darth Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 05 Aug 2016, 11:41 pm

Darth Dementor wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:@Queen of the Knights
@FrolickingFizzgig

No argument from me either.  If the scene in question was suppose to emphasize him as FS they could've shown his two companions when he reacted as a juxtaposition.  Or really there lack of reaction, to show he sensed something no one else did.  Instead the camera closes up on him only, in that moment, then cuts to the planet systems destruction, then to Maz's Castle showing everyone reacting at the same time Finn did.  It didn't really give the impression Finn noticed something no one else in the world saw?
@Darth Dementor
And look at Rey for comparison. She flies the Falcon amazingly well (and questions herself), she uses her reflexes to stop the door (and is questioned by Finn), is called by the saber (and is questioned by Maz) and is questioned by Kylo several times. Character reactions are constantly used to point out Rey's overwhelming talent with the Force. This is a basic narrative trope. JJ could have done it for Finn, but he didn't.

Finn not being Force Sensitive is only looked on with such disdain in some portions of the fandom because they're desperate for Finn to be shoehored into Rey's story, even as a sidekick. And it's within their rights to want that for the story, but that doesn't mean there's anything in TFA indicating that it can or should happen. The fixation on him being a Jedi totally baffles me in particular. Finn is worth so much more than having to rehash Rey's awakening narrative a movie behind her.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next