Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mandalorian, Disney+

+30
motherofpearl1
SheLitAFire
OrionStars
Lily Snape
Blood Moon
Moonjump05
Kylo Rey
Cowgirlsamurai
nickandnora
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
Atenais
Kyla Ren
Teo oswald
MaddieDove
special_cases
12 Parsnips
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Starliteprism
DeeBee
TheBastardofMandalore
californiagirl
MrsWindu
rey09
Forsythia
Man Without A Star
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
AhsokaTano
34 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 05 Oct 2018, 9:30 am

The Mandalorian by Phil Noto.
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Mandal10
https://www.instagram.com/p/BojAWjGjxj-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1i6993kqsqvg6

Is... Lucasfilm trying to recanonize the Holyday Special?  lol!
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 1538733794-43213598-10156781308594675-519896136094318592-n

Last edited by LadyGaufrette on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:04 pm

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Faadb910
I love the brown armor!

I’m wondering if this is going to be a character we’ve already met in the Star Wars universe or a all new character? Either way, I’m sure Jon, Dave and Kathleen have some fun surprises in store for us. Very Happy
@TheBastardofMandalore

Hmm...

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Pedro-pascal-narcos-netflix-06
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:31 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:The Mandalorian by Phil Noto.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BojAWjGjxj-/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1i6993kqsqvg6

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 1538733794-43213598-10156781308594675-519896136094318592-n
@LadyGaufrette

Ooh nice - thanks for sharing that artist. Boy they work fast - love the Drew Struzan vibe

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 022df610

Also I hadn’t realised some directors like Filoni were directlng two episodes - has this been confirmed???

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 9fc7c310
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Fri 05 Oct 2018, 3:41 pm

@MrsWindu
If there are comics about the Mandalorian, I want Phil Noto to draw them and also make the covers like this one.
I miss Drew Struzan in SW.

(Sorry, I didn't see you had put the image before I edited my message Embarassed)
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sat 06 Oct 2018, 1:25 pm

Unfortunately we don’t have a whole lot of information regarding who this rogue Mandalorian is but I do have a small theory on his background/motivations based on his armor. Mandos usually have decorated armor with their clan colors and symbols. Our Mando’s armor is brown and devoid of those identifying markers. It reminds me of the traditional Star Wars funerary brown we have seen Leia wear in TLJ and other characters wear in CW. What if the Mandalorian’s clan was killed and he’s out for revenge?
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 02c83b10
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 5a487410
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 12 Oct 2018, 6:37 am

Interesting to hear everyone's thoughts! I've been listening to a few podcasts' reactions to the announcement and image..

Making star wars has shared a spoiler:
Spoiler:

Lots of people are thinking the series will be about the mandalorians and are excited by this. I'm easy, I'm going to be happy with anything lol. Cos that image that was share is pretty darn hot!
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 The-mandalorian-featured-20181004-169

I've been having some SW fun pondering this one.. I'm still guessing Cobb Vanth from Aftermath is the titular character. Full of Sith podcast briefly menioned this character too.. but only to say - no way! lol!  Haaaa..

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Theman11
Thanks again for sharing this @Forsythia
A few random thoughts in favour of the tv series being about Cobb Vanth... Just for fun..
"After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe"
-Jango and Boba Fett were not mandalorian, but Jango had gotten hold of Mandarlorian armor and used it.. then, Boba ended up using Mandalorian armor too ("He wore Mandalorian armor reminiscent of his father’s, beat up from his many jobs,"- starwars.com)
This armor then went down into the Sarlaac on Tatooine.
Cobb Vanth found mandalorian armour on Tatooine, that the Jawas had scavenged. This being in Aftermath raised loads of questions about had Boba Fett survived, or was this his armour. So this Mandalorian armor could connect Jango, Boba and Cobb Vanth.
'another warrior emerges' - sounds like someone who is just starting out on their new path as a warrior.. a former slave who is freed and claims some used Mandalorian armor in order to fight local crime syndicates kind of fits.

"The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First order"
- The Mandalorian is singular - referring to one person, not a group of people.
- Cobb Vanth fits this time line of a few years after Endor.

"We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter..."
-again, singular. and Cobb Vanth was a gun fighter.. he took on the title of Sheriff! So the western vibe fits.

"...in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.."
Tatooine is in the outer rim, I figure this fits outer reaches.
Tatooine wasn't part of the old republic, but I'm not sure if they were part of the new.. at least during the events in aftermath, there was a timeframe around this time, where Tatooine was not - even if it did join the new republic later I guess.

The armor looks a different colour, but I think if it is Boba's salvaged armor, it could have been eaten away by sarlacc digestive juices. and changed colour. eww!  

Also the armor is not complete - there is no codpiece. Again, suggests it has been salvaged and claimed by this lone gun fighter. Because of the trademark armor, he's called 'the Mandalorian'. Also, if you look closely on the helmet of the one 'The Mandalorian' photo, there's a dent on the left forehead- it's a little in shadow.. but I can see it... This matches Boba Fett's helmet.
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Boba-Fett_61fdadfd

Cobb Vanth was heavily involved in fighting the crime syndicates that had taken over Tatooine after Jabba's downfall..
some more speculation.. because heck why not..
There have been whispers for a while about rumoured focus on crime syndicates, a story set in Mos Eisley, and a Boba Fett story.. maybe The Mandalorian is the true origin of these rumours? Vanth was Sheriff of Freetown (formerly Mos Pelgo), on Tatooine, but maybe he goes to Mos Eisley too?
(can you imagine them revisiting the Cantina?! If we get the Max Rebo band I'll be sold on this tv series lol!)

Lastly, if the new season of The Clone Wars is focused on Mandalore, maybe this means this tv series will not be?

So.. what do you think?
I think there are going to be lots of Mandalore fans looking forward to this series being about Mandalore.. Uh oh.. would star wars set up fans to have their hopes dashed? If this is the case, I hope it's clarified soon.. hopefully we don't have to wait long. I think Vanth could be a great character, but  - if you love Mandalore and are wanting this culture/planet to be at the centre of this series I can see why you would not be enthused.

Cobb Vanth being involved in raising a baby Hutt in Aftermath could also be interesting - I wonder if this baby (named Borgo - star wars has such great names!) could be related to IX spoilers...
Spoiler:
and Grakkus the Hutt lending Poe a ship in the last Poe Dameron comic issue.. Borgo and Grakkus are related I guess.. Hmm..

The blue triangle on the glove is curious.. anyone seen anything like this before? I don't think Boba Fett had this, but I guess the gloves could be the gunslinger's own and are not part of the armor itself.. Thoughts? Okay my brain is fried.. time for me to finish up my Star wars fun! If you've read this far, thanks! Embarassed
Much of what I've suggested doesn't confirm anything.. and I could potentially be way off the mark. but it's fun to explore..
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 13 Oct 2018, 3:49 am

Jon Favreau has shared an image of The Mandalorian's gun on his instagram...
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2018-10-12-at-10.48.14-PM

I read this article about it, where it's revealed Boba Fett had a gun like this in the holidays special (which I've never seen). The article shared a link to this image:
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Boba_fett_holiday_special
Interesting to see another connection to Boba Fett..
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sat 13 Oct 2018, 6:01 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
@LadyGaufrette

DeeBee wrote:Jon Favreau has shared an image of The Mandalorian's gun on his instagram...
@DeeBee

And the answer is yes apparently. Laughing

@DeeBee
For me, it's not really a connection to Boba Fett (because I hope he stayed in the Sarlacc), but another recycling of Lucasfilm. And Lucasfilm really love to recycle, they always use Ralph mcquarrie unused design from the movie; Zeb from Rebels is an early concept art of Chewbacca, the Millenium Falcon in Solo is a concept art of the ship, Mother Talzin in TCW is a concept art of Darth Maul.
This gun has a nice design, so I understand why they would use it again.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 13 Oct 2018, 5:17 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
LadyGaufrette wrote:
@LadyGaufrette

DeeBee wrote:Jon Favreau has shared an image of The Mandalorian's gun on his instagram...
@DeeBee

And the answer is yes apparently. Laughing

@DeeBee
For me, it's not really a connection to Boba Fett (because I hope he stayed in the Sarlacc), but another recycling of Lucasfilm. And Lucasfilm really love to recycle, they always use Ralph mcquarrie unused design from the movie; Zeb from Rebels is an early concept art of Chewbacca, the Millenium Falcon in Solo is a concept art of the ship, Mother Talzin in TCW is a concept art of Darth Maul.
This gun has a nice design, so I understand why they would use it again.
@LadyGaufrette

That holiday special looks loopy! Nothing screams christmas like a bounty hunter in pastels. rofl!

It's true they like to recycle and add these tiny details for obsessed fans (ahem like me?!) to think on..
Alone the weapon could mean anything.. but combined with the mandalorian armor it may not be a random choice. [or it may be haaa]
I'm not sure Boba fett had that weapon on him when he fell into the Sarlaac so I'm not sure Jawas could have salvaged the weapon along with the armor. questions questions.. and it's fun to just leave them hanging, explore.. go with the flow and then enjoy it once the mystery is revealed!!

Aftermath describes Cobb Vanth as carrying a carbine... could this weapon be considered a carbine?

Do we know when the tv show is going to start airing?

edited to add:
I forgot you had already shared that pastel Boba image. lol I think I was traumatised by it haaaaa.. sorry LadyGaufrette! Interesting that the full gun is visible in the Noto artwork too. which looks awesome by the way... bye!
sunny

Last edited by DeeBee on Sat 13 Oct 2018, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Sun 14 Oct 2018, 9:58 am

@DeeBee
Aftermath describes Cobb Vanth as carrying a carbine... could this weapon be considered a carbine?
I would say yes,but for me all those weapons look the same. If you want to know, the name in Legends of this new weapon is Amban phase-pulse blaster.

People speculate it could be when Disney new streaming service is going to be launched, so late 2019 or early 2020.
It's the same thoughts that for the new TCW season.

Lastly, if the new season of The Clone Wars is focused on Mandalore, maybe this means this tv series will not be?
"Focused" is a big term when there is a great chance it will only be 4 episodes. Laughing
However, maybe Disney wants to make 2019 the year of Mandalore with different eras about Mandalorians.

What I say here is mostly speculation from me.
Book about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: Mandalore during the Republic before TPM;
TCW season 7: Mandalore at the end of the Republic and the start of the Empire;
Live action TV series: Mandalore at the end of the Empire and at the start of the New Republic;
Resistance season 2: Mandalore at the end of the New Republic and at the start of the postology.

The blue triangle on the glove is curious.. anyone seen anything like this before?
In the Resistance topic we saw that the red triangle on white was Saxon clan's symbol.
And blue and grey are colors of the Kryze clan.
I tried to find something similar by looking at other Mandalorians but I found nothing. Either the clan of this character will be important or this triangle is put there to make fans speculate.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 15 Oct 2018, 4:03 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:@DeeBee
I would say yes,but for me all those weapons look the same. If you want to know, the name in Legends of this new weapon is Amban phase-pulse blaster.

People speculate it could be when Disney new streaming service is going to be launched, so late 2019 or early 2020.
It's the same thoughts that for the new TCW season.

"Focused" is a big term when there is a great chance it will only be 4 episodes. Laughing
However, maybe Disney wants to make 2019 the year of Mandalore with different eras about Mandalorians.

What I say here is mostly speculation from me.
Book about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: Mandalore during the Republic before TPM;
TCW season 7: Mandalore at the end of the Republic and the start of the Empire;
Live action TV series: Mandalore at the end of the Empire and at the start of the New Republic;
Resistance season 2: Mandalore at the end of the New Republic and at the start of the postology.

The blue triangle on the glove is curious.. anyone seen anything like this before?
In the Resistance topic we saw that the red triangle on white was Saxon clan's symbol.
And blue and grey are colors of the Kryze clan.
I tried to find something similar by looking at other Mandalorians but I found nothing. Either the clan of this character will be important or this triangle is put there to make fans speculate.
@LadyGaufrette

The new clone wars season is only 4 episodes?! Indeed - anything is possible! Could be a Mandalore deluge headed our way!
Maybe the blue triangle is some kind of local symbol we are yet to come across.. e.g. the symbol of Freetown maybe..
Thanks for looking!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Fri 19 Oct 2018, 4:19 pm

Ummmm are they just in a bar or is it a set ?

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 1ab87810
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sat 20 Oct 2018, 2:12 am

And another fella turned up to the birthday bash. I can’t work out what’s on that monitor behind George.

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 C48af910
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 25 Oct 2018, 4:27 pm

Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:17 am

@Starliteprism
Yeah saw that - horrible . Who would do that ? Not nice . Expect a wave of real and fake leaks now to flood the internet.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Tue 13 Nov 2018, 1:30 pm

TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Tue 13 Nov 2018, 4:45 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore

COUGH! COUGH!  Twisted Evil  Smile

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Faadb910
I love the brown armor!

I’m wondering if this is going to be a character we’ve already met in the Star Wars universe or a all new character? Either way, I’m sure Jon, Dave and Kathleen have some fun surprises in store for us. Very Happy
@TheBastardofMandalore

Hmm...

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Pedro-pascal-narcos-netflix-06
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Tue 13 Nov 2018, 8:04 pm

oooo yess Mr. Sexy Mandalorian! I'm in fo' sho.
I hope he gets a hot romance lolll. I always wanted him with a bad*** on narcos.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 13 Nov 2018, 10:20 pm

Very Cool.

I wonder if his filming for The Mandalorian is why Wonder Woman 1984 (or one of the reasons why) - it was pushed back from November 2019 to June 2020?

Then again, I may be showing my naivete about Hollywood in wondering about this. lol
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Wed 14 Nov 2018, 5:02 pm

Gina Carano Joins ‘Star Wars’ Series ‘The Mandalorian’

No idea which role she’s playing as yet

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/star-wars-the-mandalorian-gina-carano-1203028705/P
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Thu 15 Nov 2018, 3:37 am

@TheBastardofMandalore - thanks for sharing! I only know this guy from the Mentalist. lol. but I'm sure he'll be great!

@MrsWindu - thanks for the info! This actress seems to have martial arts expertise - so I guess while we don't know who her character is, we can guess she going to be a fighter.

I just had a random thought..
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 The-mandalorian-featured-20181004-169

Am I mistaken, or did Boba Fett's armor not have the thigh guards?!
I guess this character could have added them himself. but.. then again, maybe it means it's not Boba's armor. lol.

I hope we find out what the Mandalorian is about soon sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 16 Nov 2018, 7:52 pm

hiya, making star wars is continuing to leak about this series.. you guys been reading it?
I figure none of it is confirmed, and I haven't been following all the articles.. but here is what this article is saying in terms of spoilers:

Making Star Wars Rumours/Possible Spoilers:
thoughts?
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sat 17 Nov 2018, 12:24 pm

DeeBee wrote:hiya, making star wars is continuing to leak about this series.. you guys been reading it?
I figure none of it is confirmed, and I haven't been following all the articles.. but here is what this article is saying in terms of spoilers:

Making Star Wars Rumours/Possible Spoilers:
thoughts?
sunny
@DeeBee

Yeah, I’ve been following their spoilers on Twitter. They’re fun and somewhat insightful but not too much. I think it’s out of respect for Jon, Dave and the other production team. Smile
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 27 Nov 2018, 1:21 pm

The Russo brothers (of various Captain America/Avengers films) visit The Mandalorian set. Given that Jon Favreau has been executive producer on all the Avengers movies, it's a whole Marvel reunion.

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 2 Scree387
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Fri 30 Nov 2018, 5:31 pm

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/11/star-wars-the-mandalorian-ramps-it-up-to-utinni-thats-11-in-huttese/

Interesting images! Got to love MSW updates and spoilers.

On a side note, while I feel the Cobb Vanth theory is cool and has potential, personally I’m hoping that “The Mandalorian” is actually about a lone Mando gone rogue rather than someone in Mandalorian armor. Otherwise why call the show “The Mandalorian”?

Of course, even if Vanth does end up being the central character, what if the storyline also dives into the history of the armor before Vanth obtained it (if it’s not Boba Fett’s)? Sabine Wren did say, in Rebels, that Mandalorian armor is very important to its owner and that it has its own history written in the blood and battles of the warriors that came before.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next