Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mandalorian, Disney+

+30
motherofpearl1
SheLitAFire
OrionStars
Lily Snape
Blood Moon
Moonjump05
Kylo Rey
Cowgirlsamurai
nickandnora
Geralt_Riv
FrolickingFizzgig
Atenais
Kyla Ren
Teo oswald
MaddieDove
special_cases
12 Parsnips
spacebaby45678
SW_Heroine_Journey
Starliteprism
DeeBee
TheBastardofMandalore
californiagirl
MrsWindu
rey09
Forsythia
Man Without A Star
LadyGaufrette
ISeeAnIsland
AhsokaTano
34 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mandalorian, Disney+

Post by DeeBee Sat 01 Dec 2018, 3:34 am

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:https://makingstarwars.net/2018/11/star-wars-the-mandalorian-ramps-it-up-to-utinni-thats-11-in-huttese/

Interesting images! Got to love MSW updates and spoilers.

On a side note, while I feel the Cobb Vanth theory is cool and has potential, personally I’m hoping that “The Mandalorian” is actually about a lone Mando gone rogue rather than someone in Mandalorian armor. Otherwise why call the show “The Mandalorian”?

Of course, even if Vanth does end up being the central character, what if the storyline also dives into the history of the armor before Vanth obtained it (if it’s not Boba Fett’s)? Sabine Wren did say, in Rebels, that Mandalorian armor is very important to its owner and that it has its own history written in the blood and battles of the warriors that came before.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Hello there! Thanks for sharing, I hope we find out something official soon.
I'm obviously excited for this new show to be about Cobb Vanth - but I'm not going to get too excited until I know something official!
'the Mandalorian' can be a name given to Cobb Vanth because of the Mandalorian armor - the people he helps may not know who he is, and he may not tell them.. so he may simply be referred to by the society as 'The Mandalorian'.

If the premise of the series is a main character who has liberated himself from slavery, and chosen to take on the crime syndicates head on and help others who need him - I think this is a character I can really cheer for.. and it feeds into one of the main themes of star wars - that characters make choices, and can choose to fight for their world and their community and be selfless and help others. This character would exemplify the light side of the force - a life lived in service of others..
I can imagine a character like Cobb Vanth becoming a legend throughout the galaxy and an inspiration to others who are enslaved and wish to rise up and take back their communities and their lives. In a similar way to the Jedi being held up as a beacon of hope (like at the end of TLJ), people like Cobb Vanth and Han Solo are inspirational in a different way - because they are not gifted with force powers, and yet they still make choices to make the galaxy better, and still achieve great things. They are heroic with what they have.
Whoooooo this has got me thinking about IX! I'm going to head over the predictions thread to explore this further.
sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sun 02 Dec 2018, 1:37 am

Agreed, well stated! Cobb Vanth’s story definitely plays into the larger themes of Star Wars. He has that Han Solo/Jyn Erso potential. I’m curious about his past though. I re-read the passage in the Aftermath novel when Vanth discovered the Mando armor in the Jawas possession. He seemed to know something about it, as if it had a deeper meaning for him. Maybe it was a piece of home? Could he actually be Mandalorian? When the Black Sun helped Maul and the Death Watch take over Mandalore, I’m sure many New Mandalorians were taken prisoner and even sold into slavery. Could this have happened to Vanth? After all the Black Sun’s symbol is a black star. Not unlike the branding carved into Cobb’s back.

Even if he’s not a Mando, like you said, it’s the legend of what the armor represents that lives on. It becomes  a symbol of hope to the inhabitants of Freetown, regardless of its wearer’s origin.
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 02 Dec 2018, 1:59 am

@TheBastardofMandalore  - intersting idea about Cobb Vanth being a slave whose origin is Mandalore. That is possible because we don't know much about him.
I didn't pick up on any recognition with the armor. I had a look at the section of the book - I think this is the first time we meet Cobb Vanth.
I got the impression it was the other guy who recognised it as Mandalorian, there is no indication Cobb Vanth knew it was Mandalorian (but that doesn't mean he doesn't either!) - I got the impression he saw it's immediate value, it's a valuable tool to fight the fight he wants to fight.
I'll share it here:
Aftermath pages 300 & 301:

TheBastardofMandalore wrote: ...Even if he’s not a Mando, like you said, it’s the legend of what the armor represents that lives on. It becomes  a symbol of hope to the inhabitants of Freetown, regardless of its wearer’s origin.
@TheBastardofMandalore - I love this!! sunny
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 12 Dec 2018, 3:32 pm

Cast announcement:

https://www.starwars.com/news/pedro-pascal-revealed-as-the-mandalorian

PEDRO PASCAL REVEALED AS THE MANDALORIAN ALL-STAR CAST TO APPEAR IN UPCOMING DISNEY+ STAR WARS LIVE-ACTION SERIES. Lucasfilm is pleased to announce the cast of the first-ever Star Wars live-action series — The Mandalorian. Pedro Pascal (Narcos) has been cast in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. He is joined by Gina Carano (Deadpool), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Emily Swallow (Supernatural), Carl Weathers (Predator), Omid Abtahi (American Gods), Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man), and Nick Nolte (Affliction). “We’re having a great time working with this incredibly talented group and excited for everyone to see what we’re up to,” says Executive Producer Jon Favreau. Currently in production, The Mandalorian is written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode and serving as executive producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). The highly-anticipated series will be exclusive to Disney+, The Walt Disney Company’s upcoming direct-to-consumer streaming service, which is set to launch in the U.S. in late 2019. wrote:
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 12 Dec 2018, 3:48 pm

@“Starliteprism” - thanks for sharing!
‘Lone mandalorian gunfighter’ is the first official mention that the main character is actually mandalorian! And it’s not just based on using Mandalorian armor!
I can’t wait- this is gonna be great!!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 19 Dec 2018, 4:41 am

Rumour that Sabine Wren's helmet is being used for testing a new tech in special effects, so hints at the idea she might make an appearance. Dave Filoni is directing a couple of episodes, so could be a possibility.

http://sciencefiction.com/2018/12/17/small-chance-helmet-sabine-wren-appear-mandalorian/
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 20 Dec 2018, 7:20 am

Considering The Star Wars Show is officially on Holiday hiatus, and they posted this yesterday as breaking news...I though it worthy of a post. Smile Very Happy

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 22 Jan 2019, 1:48 am

MSW Rumor: There’s a Secret Mandalorian Enclave with an Armorer in Star Wars:

I was recently discussing the Mando’s costume and how it changes over the course of the series. A source asked me if I was aware that his suit uses Scarif Trooper parts, and I was. The source then asked if I was aware that as the story goes on he ends up with Death Troopers parts, which I was not aware. I asked if the pieces are black and they responded that the costume moves towards a chrome look like the helmet we’ve seen in the first photo released of him. I didn’t really get my question answered there but it does seem like the costume evolves from what we’ve seen so far into something more up-designed.

Supposedly there is a secret enclave of Mandalorians our hero is affiliated with. It is in this enclave that an armorer resides. It appears this woman is the key to his major upgrades. It almost sounds like she’s Q from James Bond for our hero, but I might be overstepping with that comparison. It isn’t clear how much of the costume is older Mandalorian armor and how much are parts he’s acquired in his adventures or misadventures especially as the story moves on. But I did see him fighting a lot of Death Troopers and I’m assuming that’s where he gets those pieces. That is kind of cool when you think about it as the Empire is dying post Return of the Jedi and the Rogue One Death Troopers are about to be a thing of the past that he carries into that new era. It also sounds like that enclave is going to be really inspiring for future Star Wars content.

I keep hearing that there is a lot of Mandalorian culture building through this enclave in the series. As his armor is upgraded through about five stages, we learn things about Mando culture. It isn’t clear if it goes beyond what we know from The Clone Wars and Rebels but I’m guessing some of that will be reiterated and developed in the series.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/01/rumor-theres-a-secret-mandalorian-enclave-with-an-armorer-in-star-wars-the-mandalorian/
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 15 Feb 2019, 7:51 pm

My gosh, Twitter is on fire today. Mandalorian season 1 wraps filming the same day as IX? Did they plan this?

The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 3 Screen84
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Mon 18 Feb 2019, 5:28 pm

Just found this and it may need its own thread as it’s the future of Star Wars and what series they are planning - interesting both knights of Ren and Darth bane are on the list :
https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive-list-of-disney-star-wars-series-disney-lucasfilm-is-considering/
Not sure how reliable this site is but they are an entertainment company .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Thu 11 Apr 2019, 8:27 pm

Bob Iger showed the logo of the serie when he presented the future catalogue of Disney+.
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 3 D35-aWAUwAAaQ4e
https://twitter.com/robertiger/status/1116468755180036096?s=21

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Maybe you should change the title of the topic with the name of the serie to prepare for the Celebration's announcements. Wink
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 11 Apr 2019, 8:38 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:Bob Iger showed the logo of the serie when he presented the future catalogue of Disney+.
The Mandalorian, Disney+ - Page 3 D35-aWAUwAAaQ4e
https://twitter.com/robertiger/status/1116468755180036096?s=21

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Maybe you should change the title of the topic with the name of the serie to prepare for the Celebration's announcements. Wink
@LadyGaufrette

Done!

As an aside, I love that dashboard! I admit it! Cannot wait to subscribe, and I will buy the yearly package. lol

(Your request is a fun reminder...so excited, tomorrow - the moderators/administrators will change the name of the IX forum!!!) Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 1:07 pm

Well the teasers and such were leaked. Looks bad***!! Think this will appease the fanboys XD

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 14 Apr 2019, 1:50 pm

Here’s a little 30 second look at mandalorian ( if it’s allowed):
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8st23MBoeSA
It looks amazing and loved that the cast were so excited and happy to be part of it . The mandalorian’s costume looks so bad*** and as Pedro Pascal ( the lead ) said it’s got medieval influences on it in design . Am glad they made this as we’ve seen nothing of Mandalorian culture or civilisation in the films and it will be nice to see that referenced . Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 1:57 pm

rey09 wrote:Well the teasers and such were leaked. Looks bad***!! Think this will appease the fanboys XD
@rey09

Do you know where I could see these leaked bits? Loved Jon & Dave together they have great chemistry.

@AhsokaTano

Thanks cheers
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:54 pm

spacebaby45678 wrote:
rey09 wrote:Well the teasers and such were leaked. Looks bad***!! Think this will appease the fanboys XD
@rey09

Do you know where I could see these leaked bits? Loved Jon & Dave together they have great chemistry.

@AhsokaTano

Thanks cheers
@spacebaby45678

I just searched youtube random ppl uploaded

Here's some sneak peak scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dhPm3vbyE

Pascal sounds hot with mask!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore Sun 14 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm

rey09 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
@rey09

@AhsokaTano

Thanks cheers
@spacebaby45678

I just searched youtube random ppl uploaded

Here's some sneak peak scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0dhPm3vbyE

Pascal sounds hot with mask!
@rey09

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! cheers
TheBastardofMandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Mon 15 Apr 2019, 3:24 am

@rey09 @AhsokaTano - thanks for sharing it looks awesome!!!!!
I agree Pascal sounds great... soooo what's the job?!!!! whooooo

@spacebaby45678 - love your sig!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 15 Apr 2019, 3:39 am

DeeBee wrote:@rey09 @AhsokaTano - thanks for sharing it looks awesome!!!!!
I agree Pascal sounds great... soooo what's the job?!!!! whooooo

@spacebaby45678 - love your sig!
@DeeBee

Thank you!!! I love you
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 21 Aug 2019, 11:02 am

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jon-favreau-unveils-star-wars-series-mandalorian-marvel-plans-a-new-venture-1233239

Jon Favreau interview, Mandalorian is getting a trailer this weekend, which I suspected. He's very respectful of George Lucas and the craft of the prequels. Said he likes the darker, freakier, Mad Max parts of SW. They did more digital stuff, but also approves of IX shooting in Jordan because it's a very different thing.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 23 Aug 2019, 7:32 pm

The Trailer! Very Happy Smile

SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 23 Aug 2019, 7:38 pm

VERY dark, very western. There's one or two lines of dialogue here, though that's probably the smarter way to go. But it's also a Disney+ thing, where nothing can be R-rated, and mostly fine for kids, so it can't be THAT bleak.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Fri 23 Aug 2019, 7:39 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:The Trailer! Very Happy Smile

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Looks exciting, though probably not 100% my cup of tea. Worth a watch though! (Also, who knew IG-88 was such a bad@ss! Razz)
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 23 Aug 2019, 7:42 pm

I admit where there were scenes in the trailer where I thought, "In the theatre, I will have to close my eyes. Eek!" because it seems so gritty, and then I remembered it will be on Disney+ - Whew!!!! I think they will push it as far as they can go, but obviously not too much.

I'm intrigued! Very Happy Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Fri 23 Aug 2019, 7:46 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:The Trailer! Very Happy Smile

@SW_Heroine_Journey

Looks exciting, though probably not 100% my cup of tea. Worth a watch though! (Also, who knew IG-88 was such a bad@ss! Razz)
@12 Parsnips

haha! With IG-88...I never thought he would be deadly frightening to cross paths with! So cool! Very Happy Smile

I admit that if it was a SW feature film, I would hesitate unless people I trust like it and/or received great reviews. Because it's on Disney+ though, will definitely check it out.

I want to subscribe to Disney+ now! lol Wonder when they will open it up for the GA? Smile Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next