Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

+78
AceofWands
Oscarborough-fairo
GiGiMarie
SkyStar
reylo1992
FrolickingFizzgig
tippytoo
Maria26
Moonjump05
Moonlight13
Lily Snape
BigDeal2187
cherrylipstick
fuhry
Nyx
unicorn
SheLitAFire
spacebaby45678
Mila95
ImperialReylo713
Night Huntress
DeeBee
Forsythia
loversinthestorm
Casper
Atenais
SoloSideCousin
ladyMxx
nana7marie
motherofpearl1
lauvamp
Dar-ren19
Lovely_Rose
justyou
Mila Lazarus
12 Parsnips
bashfulblueeyes3
YeeRees
Acritiqua
Reylo Lemon
Birdwoman
tukicarreno
BB-Rey
roguepixie
Geralt_Riv
SW_Heroine_Journey
californiagirl
Darth Rowan
AhsokaTano
MindAndMagic
Teo oswald
Starliteprism
rey09
EchoBase
MrsWindu
PalmettoBlue
LadyGaufrette
Saracene
vaderito
ZioRen
olyer
giaciak2
Kylo Rey
nemapasara
Chris24601
rawpowah
kroi
SanghaRen
Riri
MaddieDove
thescavenger
whisperingwillow
special_cases
Cowgirlsamurai
snufkin
ISeeAnIsland
Man Without A Star
Kessel
82 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Empty Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by californiagirl Mon 25 Mar 2019, 10:35 am

Rian liked this one. Smile

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Scree450

Also this one.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Scree451
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:15 pm

Pablo and some others having an interesting conversation about Rey. He gets it. It will be nice once IX is out to talk about the characters and their arcs openly, instead of everyone in their little interpretation corners.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Scree459
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Inkeds34
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Scree453
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Scree454
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Scree456
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Inkeds33
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Scree457
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Scree458
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Scree460
Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Inkeds32
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:34 pm

@californiagirl
I love that these kinds of conversations are going on. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that Rey having emotional/internal obstacles or flaws to overcome isn't legitimate. I even heard the phrase that her heroine's journey is "not academically verifiable." scratch

It's refreshing to see people out there in the fandom getting it.
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 27 Mar 2019, 8:52 pm

12 Parsnips wrote:@californiagirl
I love that these kinds of conversations are going on. I can't tell you how many times I've heard that Rey having emotional/internal obstacles or flaws to overcome isn't legitimate. I even heard the phrase that her heroine's journey is "not academically verifiable." scratch

It's refreshing to see people out there in the fandom getting it.
@12 Parsnips

I know, I feel the same. And it's nice to see that people will start to talk (really talk) about the movie, since we already have some information (the promo poster) and the celebration is around the corner.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 12 Parsnips Wed 27 Mar 2019, 9:08 pm

@Atenais

It's refreshing to me just knowing that the fandom can stop and think about the ST without defaulting to the knee-jerk talking points so many have been stumping over the last year or so. Wink
12 Parsnips
12 Parsnips
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Wed 27 Mar 2019, 11:23 pm

Personally, I hope that Episode IX can reconnect me with Rey, because frankly she lost me at the end of TLJ. Everything post-throne room feels like the movie keeping Rey at arm's length and it's hard to really care about her.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 28 Mar 2019, 12:53 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Tumblr_pp2b05q0h61y8g6dgo1_540
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 28 Mar 2019, 1:09 am

Ah I saw that tweet @spacebaby45678
and initially thought Mark Hamill was debunking it but you know how he likes to troll us and I looked at the wording and it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a debunk because the poster maker could be a fan and it could be legit . If he had wanted to be clear it was fake he would have said it “ it’s fake “. Ambiguous wording in his tweet .....
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Thu 28 Mar 2019, 2:32 am

AhsokaTano wrote:Ah I saw that tweet @spacebaby45678
and initially thought Mark Hamill was debunking it but you know how he likes to troll us and I looked at the wording and it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a debunk because the poster maker could be a fan and it could be legit . If he had wanted to be clear it was fake he would have said it “ it’s fake “. Ambiguous wording in his tweet .....
@AhsokaTano

I agree, not sure if MH is a reliable source here either
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 Thu 28 Mar 2019, 4:36 am

Saracene wrote:Personally, I hope that Episode IX can reconnect me with Rey, because frankly she lost me at the end of TLJ. Everything post-throne room feels like the movie keeping Rey at arm's length and it's hard to really care about her.
@Saracene

Did we watch the same movie? Cause she was hardly kept at arm's length.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Thu 28 Mar 2019, 4:57 am

Maria26 wrote:
Saracene wrote:Personally, I hope that Episode IX can reconnect me with Rey, because frankly she lost me at the end of TLJ. Everything post-throne room feels like the movie keeping Rey at arm's length and it's hard to really care about her.
@Saracene

Did we watch the same movie? Cause she was hardly kept at arm's length.
@Maria26

Personally, I found Rey very distant and I felt like I had no clue what was going on in her head and how she felt about anything: her parents, stuff that just went down in the Throne Roome with Kylo etc. She supposedly just heard the hardest thing she could ever hear, then came back whooping and cheering like she was playing some awesome video game. It was such a bizarre and jarring filmmaking choice I still can't get over it. I know that many interpret it as Rey putting on a mask etc., but that's kinda what frustrates me - that's it's down to interpretation and pick-your-own version of Rey.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 28 Mar 2019, 5:02 am

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Inkeds32[/quote]
@californiagirl

she has power, but how to use force does not  understand yet , it because she  is still anchored to these feelings ...
I liked the way it refers to Rey, a naive child, because if we think about it kylo also tells her between the lines, you cling too much to feelings, you have to let them go sometimes.
the family issue is still strong for her, her feelings are important to her.
Count Dooku had told Anakin, I feel darkness inside you, but you repress ...
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 28 Mar 2019, 8:15 am

LF is pulling down "wonderful work of a passionate fan" so either "passionate fan" is LF employee who made that piece of "passionate art" 100% based on an existing mock-up (aka copied it) or mock up leaked which is far more likely. Nobody pulls down fan art. ever.

The thing is legit and that's that.

Also, I can tell you right away that fakers would find a way to insert OT humans. This mock up is not how fakers think, including fakers with an access to character promo photos.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 29 Mar 2019, 12:17 pm

FWIW if you go back and look at the same debate this time 4 years ago, when there were "leaks" for TFA and they're across the board merchandise images. I wasn't interested/paying attention to the ST at the time but I can tell you everytime I go to the discount store to buy cat food, I absolutely see merch (balloons and children's birthday party decorations) with these images.

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Star-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-01_493.0

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Star-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-04_493.0

Granted people seem to be happy to find a reason to complain about anything and everything (you can set your watch to how 2 weeks from now people will either be freaked out or complaining about the teaser & title), but it's just images for merch. The poster isn't great but like I said, it's meant for discount merchandise branding, not the official poster for the theaters or film marketing. And it's actually something tangible, which you'd think from the complaints people would be happy to finally have that in hand.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Riri Fri 29 Mar 2019, 6:21 pm

Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - Page 30 Cbe7e110

RIP finnrey lol

Riri
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 29 Mar 2019, 7:49 pm

LOL indeed. When you get in a fight over a girl so bad you end up in the hospital and meanwhile, she's sneaking around/hooking up with the guy who put you there, anybody with an ounce of sense wouldn't be sticking around to take her to prom. If I were JJ I'd be writing IX like it was an episode of Jerry Springer.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 29 Mar 2019, 8:47 pm

snufkin wrote:LOL indeed. When you get in a fight over a girl so bad you end up in the hospital and meanwhile, she's sneaking around/hooking up with the guy who put you there, anybody with an ounce of sense wouldn't be sticking around to take her to prom. If I were JJ I'd be writing IX like it was an episode of Jerry Springer.
@snufkin

lol! lol!

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2019, 9:37 pm

snufkin wrote:LOL indeed. When you get in a fight over a girl so bad you end up in the hospital and meanwhile, she's sneaking around/hooking up with the guy who put you there, anybody with an ounce of sense wouldn't be sticking around to take her to prom. If I were JJ I'd be writing IX like it was an episode of Jerry Springer.
@snufkin

lol And Rey didn't even bring up or confront Kylo with the points antis go on and on about: Kylo beating up Finn, torturing Poe, being a menace to the Resistance, throwing Rey into a tree, etc etc. Nah, all Rey cared about was the murder of his father, which is the worst crime Kylo committed in terms of the story.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Fri 29 Mar 2019, 10:17 pm

@rey09 @toolonelytosleep Can you just imagine it, Jerry starts the show bringing out these two best friends, Rey and Finn, who've been through some pretty rough times together. Finn even stuck up for Rey in a fight she was having with his scary old boss and things got heated enough that punches were thrown and Finn ended up in the hospital. Lucky for him he has such a good and trusted friend like Rey, right? At which point Rey puts on her overcompensating Happy Face because Jerry then announces, "However little did Finn know that during the time he was in recovery and worrying about his friend when she was off at a special training program, she was actually hanging out and hooking up with the guy who put him in that hospital bed, his old boss who's now the Supreme Leader of the First Order." At which point Finn turns and looks at Rey like "Dude, what the Hell?!" and the audience starts making noise because Rey's secret boyfriend comes stomping out and things get super awkward between the three of them. Jerry makes Kylo admit that he forced out his boss and took over his workplace because he thought that Rey would help him out, but instead she freaked, dumped him, blocked him on Facebook, and went back to her friends. Finally, when that all comes out, Jerry brings out Kylos's coworker, General Hux, who's had to clean up so many messes because of Kylo's mercurial work behavior. Jerry then rolls tape for the secret elevator and Throne Room Holo recordings and then chairs start to fly.

Seriously JJ it's not that hard, you're totally welcome to steal my idea!

Oh yeah in terms of Kylo's crimes, my favorite is when Yoda shows up and dishes out the tough love to Luke. Because he only talks about losing Ben and how they can't lose Rey. Like that's 100% all you need to know about what the story thinks about Ben burning down Uncle Luke's Bible Camp or whatever happen to the rest of the students. Yoda's like "failed we did with with Ben,  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the rest of the students."
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Thu 04 Apr 2019, 3:49 pm

Hey all thought I’d share this . As you know from the MSW leaks today and their website it looks like they are sitting on some leaks that they may or may not reveal in the coming days - they’ve posted some bits today but I get the impression there is a lot more and more in the podcast . So it’s good to know that Jason still believes in Kylo’s redemption. See link below . Didn’t want to post picture of tweet because it has names of members of the public but go into it and read the thread if you can :
https://twitter.com/makingstarwars/status/1113572869341044736?s=12
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Thu 04 Apr 2019, 4:00 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all thought I’d  share this . As you know from the MSW leaks today and their website it looks like they are sitting on some leaks that they may or may not reveal in the coming days - they’ve posted some bits today but I get the impression there is a lot more and more in the podcast . So it’s good to know that Jason still believes in Kylo’s redemption. See link below . Didn’t want to post picture of tweet because it has names of members of the public but go into it and read the thread if you can :
@AhsokaTano

thanks for sharing  Thumbs up ...some of the comments  Rolling Eyes  Quote: "who wants another dumb redemption story?" ah, people who are actually interested in complex character arcs, maybe?

do these people ever read or consume other stories beside the classical good vs. bad ? That trope is so boring and unoriginal...redemption can be done in so many different ways- doesn't mean it has to be a copy of what happened with Vader but I guess their limited imagination does not provide them with any ideas
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Thu 04 Apr 2019, 4:47 pm

Night Huntress wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:Hey all thought I’d  share this . As you know from the MSW leaks today and their website it looks like they are sitting on some leaks that they may or may not reveal in the coming days - they’ve posted some bits today but I get the impression there is a lot more and more in the podcast . So it’s good to know that Jason still believes in Kylo’s redemption. See link below . Didn’t want to post picture of tweet because it has names of members of the public but go into it and read the thread if you can :
@AhsokaTano

thanks for sharing  Thumbs up ...some of the comments  Rolling Eyes  Quote: "who wants another dumb redemption story?" ah, people who are actually interested in complex character arcs, maybe?

do these people ever read or consume other stories beside the classical good vs. bad ? That trope is so boring and unoriginal...redemption can be done in so many different ways- doesn't mean it has to be a copy of what happened with Vader but I guess their limited imagination does not provide them with any ideas
@Night Huntress

I am willing to bet there is an overlap between those that are against redemption for Ben, yet seem to believe there is a possibility that Thanos will be redeemed (or side with the Avengers against someone else - the enemy of my enemy is my friend concept). I'm not kidding. lol

It's for this reason that John Campea seems to be warming to Ben's redemption because he receives questions and observes the opinion of people who are pro redemption for Thanos, and he has made the observations of - and I am paraphrasing "Thanos is responsible for the murder...the death of trillions...actually beyond that in the universe, yet Kylo is really only seen as guilty for the murder of one person..and people really only care because that one person is Han. OK"
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 05 Apr 2019, 1:37 am

Looking at Kylo's track record, he's technically guilty of this:
Murdering his father. Who immediately forgave him.
Murdering Lor San Tekka. But that was not pre meditated. It was a gut response to Gemma's 'family' comments, and post TLJ you see Kylo had a very good reason to be so bitter about his family.
Executing the villagers. To Kylo they were not 'noble freedom fighters', they were terrorists.

Kylo couldn't kill his mother. His destruction of the X Wing hangar on the Raddus was an act of war, just like Poe's destruction of the dreadnought. He had nothing to do with Hosnia.
The real 'war criminal' is Hux.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Wed 10 Apr 2019, 4:10 pm

[edit]
Tweets like these from "reylos"  are completely unnecessary no matter how we feel about MH and his very public displeasure with TLJ & ST. None of it matters anymore.  EP9 is in the can and JJ is the OG Reylo. JJ can't be an OG Reylo and an OG Reywalker that is logically impossible so the only hint of a disagreement between JJ & RJ is the one that Simon Pegg offered and that is a significant lineage (NOT REYWALKER) for Rey and everyone is pretty clear on where I stand on that subject so "I am feeling good" and Reylo's should too, they/we are sitting in the catbird seat as far as I am concerned.

So let's sit back and relax, two days until a title and trailer.

By the way, MH is basking in the glory of Knightfall. Which I just binged the first season and first two episodes ( excellent show) Tom Cullen who plays Landry the lead is just the hottest ( Lawd have mercy) H-beating H-beating secret lineage/bloodline/holy blood/holy grail/affairs/of the heart even though he is supposed to be celibate. but I have digressed.

MH gets to play Talus an excellent, heroic, bastard of a mentor. Hopefully, this will burn his karma need to play this "kind" of role and he can move on to his Chucky/DarkCrystal voice acting. He is plenty busy and I don't believe he is feeling sorry for himself in the slightest any more.

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Wed 10 Apr 2019, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : We can't post private accounts usernames, unless we're crediting an art piece, etc. You can post it again if you remove the name.)
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Wed 10 Apr 2019, 5:07 pm

https://twitter.com/sadboykylo/status/1116092201115770881

I have a suspicion that this will be Rey and Kylo; it looks like it can only fit two characters anyway lol

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next