Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

+64
DarthRen
OrionStars
cherrylipstick
SkyStar
thescavenger
spacebaby45678
fuhry
olyer
Casper
ISeeAnIsland
ImperialReylo713
KiraRen2015
bashfulblueeyes3
ladyMxx
Maria26
SoloSideCousin
YeeRees
DeeBee
Saracene
Darth Rowan
MaddieDove
TracylovesOUAT
12 Parsnips
Mila Lazarus
Birdwoman
Night Huntress
Starliteprism
motherofpearl1
PalmettoBlue
Dar-ren19
Teo oswald
giaciak2
tukicarreno
rey09
roguepixie
Forsythia
Moonjump05
californiagirl
Chris24601
AhsokaTano
EchoBase
Mila95
Geralt_Riv
justyou
Atenais
Lily Snape
Kessel
nickandnora
ZioRen
SanghaRen
Lovely_Rose
rawpowah
special_cases
Man Without A Star
Riri
vaderito
lauvamp
Cowgirlsamurai
Moonlight13
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
LadyGaufrette
MrsWindu
SheLitAFire
68 posters

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by tukicarreno Thu 17 Jan 2019, 7:12 pm

Lovely_Rose wrote:The leak does not reveal anything significant concerning Kylo’s Redemption or his relationship with Rey. The info presented sounds pretty safe actually. It might be a good sign that he is helmetless in the latter half of the film.
@Lovely_Rose

Exactly. That's what I though too. It doesn't say anything about redemption but IMO it actually bodes well for his redemption. Think about it, if they are exploring so much of Ben's background with Han, Leia and Luke they want to make him more sympathetic to the audience. BTW there's no Reylo in these leaks either because you know, those two things (REylo/REdemption) are going to be so guarded as JJ's life depends on it. So yeah, no worries.
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Episode IX CRACK spoiler discussion thread

Post by special_cases Thu 17 Jan 2019, 10:38 pm

Keri Russell is involved with Luke’s storyline

#ReySkywalker is REBORN
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Thu 17 Jan 2019, 10:58 pm

I'm wary of leaks covering this many topics. I wasn't here when the Great Leak of Smut Hut occurred, but that was just one specific scene and ended up being the one accurate leak. Whereas the KOR and everything else wasn't real at all. Like, does Luke even have a storyline? That doesn't line up with Mark's description of how limited his time onset was.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Fri 18 Jan 2019, 3:10 am

That leak has too many details at this stage imho. I dont believe it.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 18 Jan 2019, 3:17 am

@loversinthestorm
Yeah you’re right if they show 8 year old Ben saying he wants to be a Jedi and save the galaxy then yes Ben that’s what you’re gonna do ! Foreshadowing. Redemption. It’s very fan servicey but if it’s true am up for it and reconciled to it as I want the fandom united back together. Leaker said he’s gonna post more today so fingers crossed he gives us some reylo . I like the idea of Matt Smith being a knight of Ren and the knights being in it . So far so good. This guy could be a troll but his leaks have made a lot of people happy - even if am suspicious of it myself . (Some of the stuff too he’s mentioned he who must not be named has too- which made me bit suspicious- wouldn’t it be funny if they were true ). Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Fri 18 Jan 2019, 3:44 am

Ben might have said he wanted to be a Jedi at eight, but he might not have actually been sent off until he was older.
Whatever, it's a positive sign of redemption.
Regarding Hux..I was hoping he would be the 'big bad' but Richard is possibly going to have that role. Maybe it's a little late in the game, but Emperor Palpatine didn't show up in the OT until the last chapter - and Ian McDiarmid owned it!
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dar-ren19 Fri 18 Jan 2019, 4:03 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Ben might have said he wanted to be a Jedi at eight, but he might not have actually been sent off until he was older.
Whatever, it's a positive sign of redemption.
Regarding Hux..I was hoping he would be the 'big bad' but Richard is possibly going to have that role. Maybe it's a little late in the game, but Emperor Palpatine didn't show up in the OT until the last chapter - and Ian McDiarmid owned it!

@motherofpearl1 agreed. Either way, Leia and Han didn't send Ben to Luke until he began to show negative sides to his force sensitivity, eg. causing explosions etc and probably temper tantrums.

Also, much as I like Domnhall, I think Hux has been pretty much castrated as a Big Baddie after TLJ, so Richard E. Grant sounds plausible.

Dar-ren19
Dar-ren19
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Fri 18 Jan 2019, 8:27 am

Some comments from the leaker that I think are insightful:

"I don’t know the plot beat for beat. I’m not pretending that I do. But what I do know is this: Ben solo becomes disillusioned by his own inherent strength.

Luke isn’t the cool best friend uncle everyone imagines he was

Ben wants to be like Han Solo, Han Solo wants Ben to be as he was.

Ben wants to be a strong Jedi and a guardian of peace. Get those tissues ready

There is a revelation in the film that will (I hope) resonate with fans of Star Wars. "

That said, I find it curious that he knows so much about Kylo's storyline with Luke etc but can't clarify on his connection (or any scenes at all) he has with Rey.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 18 Jan 2019, 8:31 am

Um guys... that leaker is implying ReySky in his replies to people (Keri Russell as mother and Luke as the father). I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because he was right about that big turtle that MSW later reported on but this is setting off a huge red flag for me. And as some people have already pointed out, it just seems to be a collection of all the things fans want the most - it’s extremely fanservicey. When was the last time that happened with a legit leak? The legit ones are more of a mixture and usually contain new stuff that the fans haven’t thought of. Most of the stuff contained within this leak is stuff that has already been speculated on or rumoured. Even stuff like saying Dominic Monagahan returns in the third act - that’s just copying what he said on that podcast, for example.

@Lovely_Rose He’s implying ReySky... so yeah
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Fri 18 Jan 2019, 8:33 am

Can you point out the comments that imply Reysky?

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Fri 18 Jan 2019, 8:46 am

I didn’t saw any indication of Reysky from his replies. I mean u could think about it from the Keri and Luke storyline and all but he didn’t even said nothing about Rey (which I think is the real red flag. The movie should be about her). His last comment is even about how Luke is not a cool uncle, let alone dad

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Fri 18 Jan 2019, 8:54 am

loversinthestorm wrote:I didn’t saw any indication of Reysky from his replies. I mean u could think about it from the Keri and Luke storyline and all but he didn’t even said nothing about Rey (which I think is the real red flag. The movie should be about her). His last comment is even about how Luke is not a cool uncle, let alone dad
@loversinthestorm

Yes those are definitely red flags. I wanted to believe some of those leaks but yeah, this dude seems is trolling
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Fri 18 Jan 2019, 8:58 am

@tukicarreno

Yeah probably trolling, making up details from things he heard / seem (If he was really an extra). Still fun to have a fake leaker after so much time. JJ needs to give us something to speculate

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Fri 18 Jan 2019, 9:09 am

He’s replied to comments like ‘Daisy Ridley looks like a mix of Mark Hamill and Keri Russell’ ‘She was hinted to be his (Luke’s) daughter in TFA it makes sense’ etc. and is giving them thumbs up emojis.
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 18 Jan 2019, 9:17 am

Yeah he keeps giving thumbs up to any rey sky comments and yet he claims he knows nothing about the scenes between kylo and rey and mark and Keri . He also states Adam looks goofy as f*** as a smuggler .
I reckon troll . It’s too fan servicey . He might know some bits but there’s a lot of detail there which makes me suspicious.
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by loversinthestorm Fri 18 Jan 2019, 9:22 am

Kylo Rey wrote:He’s replied to comments like ‘Daisy Ridley looks like a mix of Mark Hamill and Keri Russell’ ‘She was hinted to be his (Luke’s) daughter in TFA it makes sense’ etc. and is giving them thumbs up emojis.
@Kylo Rey

Oh I didn’t see that Razz a reysky and a redemptionist who knew. That would be a way to give something for both sides of fandom + pissing of a lot of people. I liked the leak and it’s cool to speculate so I don’t mind

Last edited by loversinthestorm on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

loversinthestorm
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Rose Fri 18 Jan 2019, 9:23 am

Anything implying ReySky would immediately make me think fake; the idea was more than debunked in TLJ. It's possible that this guy is using his past legitimacy as a way to embellish on whatever small content he may know about. He also seems to be saying a lot without saying much at all. It's weird for him to know these details but be unable to clarify any context behind it.

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Fri 18 Jan 2019, 12:55 pm

Frankly, ReySky was debunked in TFA the moment Maz told Rey "whoever you're waiting for, they're NEVER coming back."

Mystery Box is a storytelling format not an ongoing mystery. Rey's parentage was set up and then answered halfway through the first movie; she's an orphan girl who has no connections to anyone.

TLJ expanded on that by saying she wasn't just an orphan, but her parents were scumbags who sold her off for drinking money and who invented stories about how they'd come back for her one day because the truth that there wasn't one single person in the entire UNIVERSE who gave the slightest damn about her was too soul crushing to contemplate as an adult, much less when she was an small child.

If ReySky were a thing, it would have been set up in TFA; Han would have said that part of the reason Luke disappeared was that his wife and daughter were killed for example. At the very latest it would have been part of some vision while Rey was on Ach-to (and Luke's ultimate sacrifice would have been to save REY; who wasn't even in danger at the climax of TLJ... she was the one doing the rescuing; not Leia and the Resistance).

Luke could sense Leia from across the galaxy once he re-opened himself to the Force... how would he not sense his own daughter in the same village as him at that point (and how would he miss that she had survived in the first place)?

In short, there's been no setup at all for anything other than Rey Nothing (just as Han had no surname until an Imperial recruiter needed to fill in some paperwork). Heck, despite the direction the EU went, even George Lucas said that Luke Skywalker would never get married or have kids... he said that the Skywalker line would continue through Leia. Despite all the whining of stans, Luke never marrying or having children (and being the Obi-Wan of the new trilogy) and Leia's son continuing the Skywalker bloodline is 100% in line with George Lucas' original vision for the series.

So yes, ANY hint that ReySky is what the movie is going to reveal is an absolute red flag. The only way Rey connects to the Skywalker bloodline is by marrying into it (and though not the WAY I originally thought it would happen before TFA came out... Rey Solo does still have a nice ring to it).

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Fri 18 Jan 2019, 1:44 pm

@Chris24601 I wonder how long even after IX comes out that people will cry that Rian threw out and changed JJ's plans, and everything is the opposite of GL's intent. I hope George says some nice things, since he did kind of rip TFA a new one.

And this should be for general audiences, since it's they who supply most of the money, no matter how much certain groups of fans believe they are the center of the universe. Harloff on Collider still believes JJ and Rian are mostly not on the same page, and IX will get into Rey's origins as it applies to Jakku, as the planet is indicated to be important in current canon (some cataclysm caused it to turn from a jungle to a desert, some kind of life essence/force at its core?, Palpatine making an observation tower there to map the unknown regions, collecting sith objects there, the Battle of Jakku that ended the Galactic war, the church of the force being there, etc.). But this is all really arcane, deep dive lore for harcore fans. There is no setup in either of the previous films for this.

I think LF learned from Solo that you can't put Maul in another movie no matter how many other pieces of canon media, from Clone Wars to Rebels to books and comics, he had been in the past 8 years. It can't be put on the audience to do massive amounts of homework, the films should stand on their own.

I'm all about Rey, Kylo, Maz, whoever is relevant bringing final closure to the Rey's parentage arc, since the message didn't really come across to most viewers, but I don't see why it would take up much screentime or have a bunch of info coming out of nowhere.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 18 Jan 2019, 2:34 pm

This leaker is a troll, I'm telling you this absolutely seriously guys. He has other accounts (that he used as support in previous threads\leaks) and he wants us (reylos) to be mad. He is now careful with his writing style after that accident. Somehow he've got an info about two legit things.

Last edited by special_cases on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Fri 18 Jan 2019, 2:44 pm

@californiagirl
Even better than Maz (who still had to ask "who's the girl?") I think bringing back Unkar Plutt as, say, one of the new members of the Resistance and so gets a chance to interact with Rey.

And I'd twist the knife even more honestly... have Rey save him and his group and then have him give one of those awkward apologies where he shares something that makes Rey's parents even worse.

Something awful like Unkar commiserates that his parents sold him off too, but she was actually lucky she got sold off because while he may have made her work for every last scrap of food she got, at least he never beat her like her folks did when they were drunk and she was better off in the long run since they plowed into the side of a Star Destroyer in their speeder after one of their drinking binges not too long after. Have him even say their names (ones we've never heard before) and close it off with the completely broken Aesop that the sooner you learn no one cares about you the better off you'll be.

Leave absolutely no doubt that her parents were wicked nobodies who don't matter to the story beyond how they shaped Rey into who she is now.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 18 Jan 2019, 2:50 pm

you know what made me doubt these leaks are legit, even before he/she outed himself as ReySky?
The fact that Ben Solo wanted to be a Jedi - I don't believe he wanted to be a Jedi like ever... No
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 18 Jan 2019, 2:58 pm

I really want to know who is giving him legit info. Maybe MSW.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 18 Jan 2019, 3:10 pm

special_cases wrote:I really want to know who is giving him legit info. Maybe MSW.
@special_cases

yeah- most likely...some people hoard different snippets from legit sources mix it with their own ideas /fan theories and sell it as new leaks. It's what MZ is doing for years...
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Fri 18 Jan 2019, 8:09 pm

So what are the two legit things this leaker supposedly learned? @special_cases
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next