Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

+86
Armadeus
Krafty
Gemlake
vinventure12
nickandnora
GiGiMarie
shii405
nana7marie
Sad Man
FrolickingFizzgig
Kyla Ren
grimbergen
KiraRen2015
cherrylipstick
Socialnole
reylo1992
giaciak2
Moonjump05
Mielikki
Geralt_Riv
SkyStar
LadyGaufrette
krissy01
nemapasara
olyer
Blood Moon
Moonlight13
SheLitAFire
Casper
californiagirl
12 Parsnips
tukicarreno
Forsythia
spacebaby45678
special_cases
Riri
Maria26
Teo oswald
rey09
AhsokaTano
SW_Heroine_Journey
snufkin
Starliteprism
ImperialReylo713
Casey Kanata
vaderito
Reylo Lemon
Nyx
whisperingwillow
Dar-ren19
motherofpearl1
Darth Rowan
unicorn
lauvamp
Mila95
madeinmn
MindAndMagic
loversinthestorm
Man Without A Star
SoloSideCousin
ZioRen
Lovely_Rose
TracylovesOUAT
YeeRees
Mila Lazarus
Chris24601
Cowgirlsamurai
EchoBase
ISeeAnIsland
MaddieDove
Saracene
ladyMxx
PalmettoBlue
justyou
MrsWindu
Atenais
rawpowah
Lily Snape
fuhry
bashfulblueeyes3
Kessel
Birdwoman
SanghaRen
DeeBee
Kylo Rey
Night Huntress
90 posters

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by Atenais Fri 12 Apr 2019, 4:24 pm

ZioRen wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:Ok my mind is in the gutter, but at the beginning of the trailer when it was just Rey breathing and black screen I was like "oh. They're just jumping right in with Reylo
censored :
"

lmao

sorry not sorry
@SheLitAFire

I mean, you're not wrong. That scene was pretty intimate in its framing and design. The heavy breathing. The isolation and sense that it's just the two of them. Kylo's hands clenching, preparing, nervous, even? And then explosion of excitement when they "collide!"
@ZioRen

I didn't think in literal sex, but I felt that scene super intimate and when she jumps into his ship I though in metaphorical sex.

I have a group of nerd friends and we are all SW fans there. I was perplexed beyond reason when one of my friends speculated about Rey being Leia's daughter, after watching the teaser. What's the problem with these people? Did we see different teasers? Because this one screams redemption to me:

1. We have Leia and Han love's theme;
2. Rey jumping into Kylo's ship, without it looking like a confrontation;
3. We have Kyo fighting with random people;
4. We have our big bad (I confess I was worried when they used Hux as a comical relief, but now we have a big bad we can respect);
5. And - C'AMON - we have Kylo's theme ending the teaser.

WTH with these people!

Last edited by Atenais on Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Empty Re: Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors

Post by special_cases Fri 12 Apr 2019, 4:27 pm

Asked about whether #TheRiseOfSkywalker will address Rey’s parentage, @jjabrams tells @paulafaris that Episode IX will honor Episode VIII, BUT: “there’s more to the story that that,” Abrams says.

https://twitter.com/Clayton_Sandell/status/1116807828918894598

Yeah, they need to connect her to Palpatine somehow, that Jakku staff or whatever. I don't want to say this but I'll say this. Rey Clone theory has never been so close to the solid theory... I don't beleive it but... it would make sense in some ways. Like Palpatine corrupted the Force to create Anakin and then the same happened to Rey or his experiments were used for her creation. It connects Skywalkers and Rey, explains the Force connection between Rey and Kylo - Palpatine is their Father and Palpatine is the reason why Skywalkers and Rey were doomed. And it doesn't change that Rey is Nobody.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Tenor
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 12 Apr 2019, 4:33 pm

special_cases wrote:Asked about whether #TheRiseOfSkywalker will address Rey’s parentage, @jjabrams tells @paulafaris that Episode IX will honor Episode VIII, BUT: “there’s more to the story that that,” Abrams says.

Yeah, they need to connect her to Palpatine somehow, that Jakku staff or whatever. I don't want to say this but I'll say this. Rey Clone theory has never been so close to the solid theory... I don't beleive it but... it would make sense in some ways. Like Palpatine corrupted the Force to create Anakin and then the same happened to Rey or his experiments were used for her creation. It connects Skywalkers and Rey, explains the Force connection between Rey and Kylo - Palpatine is their Father and Palpatine is the reason why Skywalkers and Rey were doomed. And it doesn't change that Rey is Nobody.

@special_cases

Ever since that novel revealed that Palpatine had machinations going on Jakku, I had a feeling he might connect to Rey somehow. It makes sense for JJ to follow that train of thought now that he's brought Palps back into play.

I remember that all the way back in the TFA days, there were people theorizing that Rey was a creation of Palpatine's in some way and everybody laughed at them and said it was ridiculous. It'd be pretty funny if they were right all along!
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Fri 12 Apr 2019, 4:44 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:My initial thoughts on the trailer after not reading anything SW-related for... 6 months or so. Maybe longer.

- There's no way Ben is chasing Rey down with his car ala Christine. They're training or making a fast getaway. The scene is way too... I don't know... showy?

- The teaser is totally suggesting "there's a bigger evil and they will need Ben to fight back against it" (a.k.a. bendemption is coming sooner rather than later and "will he, won't he" will not be the big shocker of the film.

- There probably isn't going to be a lot of "he evul" marketing, tbh! Looks like they might actually sell the film via bendemption from the get-go, given the title, which is undoubtedly a reference to Ben/his family.

@CaliforniaGirl Hi! Very Happy
@FrolickingFizzgig

Welcome back, old timer! Smile I agree that the title is a reference to Ben/ his family, but I’m sure there’s about 8 months of Reywalker coming at us from all the people who are now going to think that the title confirms that she’s a Skywalker. Here goes...
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 12 Apr 2019, 4:45 pm

special_cases wrote:Asked about whether #TheRiseOfSkywalker will address Rey’s parentage, @jjabrams tells @paulafaris that Episode IX will honor Episode VIII, BUT: “there’s more to the story that that,” Abrams says.

@special_cases
That doesn't make her a clone though, Anakin wasn't a clone... And I wouldn't call Palpatine "their father" because I don't think there are genes involved, I would refer to him as "their creator" if that's the case.
I'm glad that he said it will honor TLJ, that, in my opinion, is direct confirmation of her not being a Skywalker (in the sense of not being Luke or Leia's daughter) or Solo.

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Fri 12 Apr 2019, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou Fri 12 Apr 2019, 4:49 pm

@special_cases

I'm not familiar with this theory as I'm new to the fandom overall, but it would be interesting given when she asked to see her parents in TLJ she only saw herself.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 12 Apr 2019, 4:59 pm

This'll be...interesting if this is true. Apparently Jason Ward of MSW said this on his new Patreon-only podcast.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Captura_de_Tela_2019-04-12_as_15.36.02

ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:00 pm

californiagirl wrote:
Blood Moon wrote:Need to let the title sink in a little bit( reysky nonsense)...... but oh the shot of Kylo racing towards Rey: it’s like little Anakin podracing. Kylo in the forest looks great. Rey did find the space-Sephora for real, whoa she looks awesome:)

Loved that JJ mentioned this ep. is about the new generation. Palpatine Shocked  yes good it’s coming full circle, like they said it is all 9 ep. together.

Did I see a Rey and Rose moment?

(Don’t know if I posted in the good thread but I’m tired)
@Blood Moon Yup, there was a still. After Reylo, it was the best thing they showed, imo. People were afraid she would be totally shunted. So glad JJ emphasized she was the best thing Rian did. Also excited for Jannah even though we know almost nothing about her.

@MindAndMagic Rey and Kylo's relationship explored "much more in depth"? HECK YEAH.
@californiagirl

Yeah! That's what I've been so worried about with all the new characters and things needing to happen to resolve the trilogy that there wouldn't be enough time to properly sort out Kylo and Rey.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:03 pm

ZioRen wrote:This'll be...interesting if this is true. Apparently Jason Ward of MSW said this on his new Patreon-only podcast.

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 Captura_de_Tela_2019-04-12_as_15.36.02

@ZioRen

I don't want Luke to get resurrected only b/c my husband is trying to tell me the title is about Luke.  lol   My husband has long been onboard the Kylo/Ben is irredeemable and must die train.  My husband also hasn't ruled out that maybe Rey is a Skywalker.  Lord help me.

Last edited by justyou on Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:03 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:

@special_cases
That doesn't make her a clone though, Anakin wasn't a clone... And I wouldn't call Palpatine "their father" because I don't think there are genes involved, I would refer to him as "their creator" if that's the case.
I'm glad that he said it will honor TLJ, that, in my opinion, is direct confirmation of her not being a Skywalker (in the sense of not being Luke or Leia's daughter) or Solo.
@Moonlight13

Sorry, English is not my first language so my thoughts often are very fragmental. I meant that Rey may be a clone created with Palpatine's help/hand or may be created literally like Anakin. Two options.
I used "the Father" in more metaphoricsense that can be suitable for Star Wars. Luke was destined to kill his father, but he stopped - it resulted in Anakin killing his "father". Kylo killed his father but maybe is destined to destroy his "grandfather" and Rey is is destined to kill her "father". Of course, "creator" is more relevant word.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:05 pm

justyou wrote:
ZioRen wrote:This'll be...interesting if this is true. Apparently Jason Ward of MSW said this on his new Patreon-only podcast.

@ZioRen

I don't want Luke to get resurrected only b/c my husband is trying to tell me the title is about Luke.  lol   My husband has long been onboard Kylo/Ben is irredeemable and must die train.  My husband also hasn't ruled out that maybe Rey is a Skywalker.  Lord help me.
@justyou

Look, I like Luke well enough. I don't even terribly mind him being resurrected even if it feels incredibly fanservicey and a bit contrived. But if this movie is supposed to be about the new players, JJ REALLY isn't doing a very good job of that if this is true. Luke coming back would overshadow literally everything, even if it's just temporary for a final fight or something. And goodness my eyes are going to roll right out of my skull imagining all the cries of "haha JJ stuck it to Rian!" that would come of that.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:08 pm

@ZioRen

I can see them doing this - Luke was literally Jesus in TLJ.

But I personally think that Jason will be getting false info from now or will be lying about what he knows.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:09 pm

I will role my eyes if Luke is resurrected. It is just stupid to focus a new trilogy on the young characters then bring back Luke.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris24601 Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:09 pm

Apropos of nothing, but not only does Rey look a LOT like Padme, but Kylo’s hair in that desert still shot looks so much like Ep III Anakin’s it’s not even funny.

My hunch is the Death Star wreckage is the one from Endor (also no forest overgrowth, just grassland; Endor Holocaust theory confirmed). That’s where the Emperor died. It’s where Vader died and Anakin was reborn.

It also means Ben has been there before... when he retrieved Vader’s helmet. He could have encountered the Emperor’s spirit and not even realized it. Also, given how much it resembles a dark fortress I can’t help but think that’s where the climax of the film will occur. I wonder too, if Kylo has been there before if it didn’t also become some sort of First Order hidden base... or even Kylo’s version of Vader’s castle on Mustafar.

Maybe it was where he went after the Jedi Academy massacre and first met Snoke. Maybe the reason we haven’t seen the Knights of Ren and the “Sith” Stormtroopers before now is because they’ve been guarding the wreckage almost like it’s a holy site. Red IS the color of the Imperial Guard... perhaps they’re guarding the Emperor’s final resting place (or a secret lab trying to resurrect him)?

Likewise, if there is ultimately about some secret McGuffin about the Skywalkers/the life of Anakin I also have a strong suspicion the desert world is Tatooine where Anakin was born and Shme, the First Skywalker (that we know of), is buried.

I suppose it could be Jakku, but there aren’t any ruined spacecraft I can see and the stuff Palpatine was doing on Jakku in the Aftermath novels was interesting, but would probably feel like a giant ***pull for general audiences since none of it was even alluded to in TFA.

So my money’s on Tatooine to put a bow on the Skywalker saga.

That would put the likely course of the film as Galaxy’s Edge, then Tatooine with the finale at the Death Star wreckage/Endor with a stopover at the Tantive ship for 3PO’s wiped memories before or after Tattooine.

In terms of arc, I think Ben will start miserable but determined to see things through until something happens at Galaxy’s Edge (i.e. the act one inciting incident... possibly Leia’s death) that sends him on a sidequest (Tantive, possibily with visions of Leia when she was young) before he heads to Tatooine and surprises everyone by swapping sides to join Rey. Rey convinces the Resistance to go along and everyone (Kylo, Rey, Finn and Poe at the least) goes to Endor to face the true threat and end it once and for all.

In some ways that would echo the final act of the Thrawn Trilogy with Rey as Luke and Kylo as Mara. Two hostile parties with a bunch of UST on a quest to a secret base to stop a bigger bad with the antagonistic Mara being fully won over to the lightside over the course of the quest (that included silencing the Emperor’s voice in her head forever).

Heck, she even got Anakin’s lightsaber as a gift from Luke at the end to put a bow on her redemption. Imagine... early on Kylo loses the cape so he’s basically in a black tunic. Then, during the final battle Kylo’s lightsaber is destroyed and because Rey can’t get to him, she throws him the repaired legacy saber... and we see the spitting image of Anakin Skywalker in Ben Solo facing down Emperor Palpatine (or his clone).

For my money... if this film IS about how the Skywalker line came to be, I think early elements will suggest he was created by Palpatine/Plagueis (i.e. it was always their destiny to fall), but at a critical point it will be revealed that it was actually the Force itself that created Anakin to destroy the imbalance in the Force that Palpatine had become... thus the destiny of the Skywalker line is destroy Palpatine and restore the balance.

I expect something to the effect that The Chosen One is actually the Skywalker line as a whole... that Palpatine could not be destroyed once and for all without Anakin weakening him, that Luke was needed to inspire Anakin and train Ben and Ben was needed to deliver the final blow.

Or I could be completely wrong.

Chris24601
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mila95 Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:12 pm

I think Luke being resurrected would suck on every level no matter how they do it.He had a great death scene,his story is over,there's really no need for that and I agree it would overshadow everything else.I don't think anything would convince me that wasn't JJ and LF caving to the fanboy pressure.So I really hope that's not true

Kylo and Rey final fight including time travel could be interesting tho.

Mila95
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:13 pm

justyou wrote:

@ZioRen

I don't want Luke to get resurrected only b/c my husband is trying to tell me the title is about Luke.  lol   My husband has long been onboard the Kylo/Ben is irredeemable and must die train.  My husband also hasn't ruled out that maybe Rey is a Skywalker.  Lord help me.
@justyou

It seemed TLJ = Luke, doubt 9 will be about him solely. I personally don't mind him coming back but that's major retcon. I think Skywalker pertains to Ben but also to the legacy of his family sitting on his shoulders, so Luke can be counted that way I guess. It goes with what JJ said also about the new generation.

I was thinking for the first scene from trailer I wonder if by that time Kylo has already joined her side. Perhaps the resistance relocated to the desert planet after the forest battle done, and now Kylo comes to meet her there. Omg there'd be so much tension there cause it'd be their first meetup after he's become good again. One can dream...

Pertaining to Rey's parentage my dream parentage was that I compared her to like a perfect storm with a mixture of various ingredients coming together, Jakku had the powerful force presence plus Palpatine's meddling along with chaos from battle of jakku created Rey. Her parents possibly found her, which may explain why they didn't care for her (on top of just being horrible people). If she's related to palpatine somehow that'd be cool but I fear the execution will be horribly rushed. But I guess if they only stick to one plot and three different ones it's not impossible to do it well.

@Chris24601 wow very interesting! I totally buy that about the Skywalkers as a whole working over time to stop Palpatine.

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:18 pm

special_cases wrote:

@ZioRen

I can see them doing this - Luke was literally Jesus in TLJ.

But I personally think that Jason will be getting false info from now or will be lying about what he knows.
@special_cases
I think Mark Hamill would have loved that, and based on his recent comments, it didn't seem like he was happy about the movie, so I would take this with a grain of salt. Laughing
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:18 pm

If I remember correctly, the firsl real leak for TLJ stated that JJ wanted Rey to be Palpatine. I need to check this out.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:19 pm

I wouldn't worry about any Jason/MSW rumours. He was thoroughly cut off outside of marketing and toy leaks long before Last Jedi and I see no reason to think he has legitimate information now. Furthermore, you can't resurrect a Jedi. It would be like pulling a Buddhist out of Nirvana after they ascended and let go of earthly attachments. It goes completely against the concept of the Jedi religion, which is all about the natural ebb and flow of the life force of the galaxy. Luke has already completely ascended and become an immortal piece of the Force, the ultimate destination for only the most powerful Jedi.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by justyou Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:22 pm

@Chris24601  I was talking with friends earlier and mentioned to them that the one photo of Ben in the desert really reminded me of Anakin for some reason.
justyou
justyou
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:26 pm

“This movie, in addition to being the end of three trilogies, it also has to work as its own movie,” Abrams said during the panel. “It’s about this new generation and what they’ve inherited the light and the dark, and asking the question as they face the greatest evil, are they prepared? Are they ready?”

Are they going to collaborate together against the "greatest evil" = Palpatine? scratch

Arrow Source
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:36 pm

just saw teaser! omg! Idk but The Rise of Skywalker screams Reylo endgame for me cheers
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Fri 12 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm

Here is an update to Jason’s leaks via Reddit

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 48c5b710
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 75c71f10

This doesn’t sound to me like Jason knows completely what he is talking about.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Fri 12 Apr 2019, 6:02 pm

So from leaks we have already:

Kylo Ren has accumulated private armies and militas under The First Order banner to strengthen his faction against any opposition to his rule. Things get interesting for him when a threat from The Beyond reveals itself, making him vulnerable. This threat serves as a motivating factor for Kylo's and Rey's interactions as the story progresses.

Kylo either seeks out or is summoned by a new character/creature that is being referred as "the Oracle", that supposedly lives on the swamp planet.

Kylo Ren goes to a dark castle-looking building. A monkey looking creature was on the set.

The plot revolves around a race to find something. This MacGuffin is said to be controversial yet delightful. The MacGuffin changes during the movie, going from one thing which leads to something else, and that it ends up revealing the big secret of the movie. It is supposed to be something related to C3PO's old memory -that got erased in ROTS-.

3PO's memory is in an old Rebel Blockade Runner on a Jungle planet

A Resistance VS First Order battle takes place in a swamp planet.

Kylo Ren pulls and throws some Resistance soldiers, but is then separated from the main battle on the swamp planet.

Once 3PO's memory has been retrieved, the group goes to a snow planet

Rey figures out the MacGuffin, and a big part of the cast («everyone») ends in one of the Jordan planets. Good guys VS Bad guys.

The heroes celebrate being reunited at a festival of sorts before the battle.

The Knights of Ren are present on this planet.

There is footage of Kylo walking away from TIE Fighter crash on this planet

The final battle was filmed in the Cardington Sheds (previously used to film scenes on Yavin IV), and is said to have a «zero gravity» factor, and that it takes place on Kylo's new ship.

special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Fri 12 Apr 2019, 6:03 pm

whisperingwillow wrote:Here is an update to Jason’s leaks via Reddit

Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 48c5b710
Episode IX: Spoilers and Rumors - Page 31 75c71f10

This doesn’t sound to me like Jason knows completely what he is talking about.
@whisperingwillow
This sounds like speculation to me.
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 41 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next