Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

+59
bashfulblueeyes3
Oscarborough-fairo
Nyx
cherrylipstick
Cowgirlsamurai
reylo1992
OrionStars
Blood Moon
Armadeus
Dar-ren19
LadyGaufrette
rawpowah
12 Parsnips
AcrosstheStars
spacebaby45678
Kyla Ren
Darth Dementor
MaddieDove
DeeBee
Sad Man
SanghaRen
KiraRen2015
Night Huntress
nemapasara
Maria26
motherofpearl1
Gemini
nickandnora
Krafty
tukicarreno
vaderito
giaciak2
MindAndMagic
SkyStar
special_cases
Saracene
AhsokaTano
Riri
snufkin
Lily Snape
Birdwoman
Kessel
rey09
justyou
SW_Heroine_Journey
loversinthestorm
Kylo Rey
ZioRen
Forsythia
FrolickingFizzgig
madeinmn
whisperingwillow
Lovely_Rose
Atenais
MrsWindu
Moonlight13
californiagirl
Teo oswald
SheLitAFire
63 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by reylo1992 Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:40 am

Daisy on GMA

Guys, what do you think about that story of the leaked script? That sounds so weird and uncool to me that it's J.J. himself who revealed that information although it could have remained unknown. And that "I want to say who but I won't" as if he wanted to create buzz around the infos and push that person to admit his/her mistake publicly. Same for Daisy who says "I don't wanna throw under the bus but someone can tell" lol. I guess we will discover who it was soon since this question will certainly be asked to everybody in the cast and they'll all debunked until the right person come forward. Really not cool for the reputation of that person anyway but maybe I'm missing something important. Maybe it's just for buzz because if something like that had really happened, I guess we would have heard of it earlier, right?
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Empty Re: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews

Post by whisperingwillow Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:53 am

Daisy tells you in the interview who it was without telling you.

John made a boo boo lol
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Tue 26 Nov 2019, 9:55 am

Yeah, that's exactly the reason why I find it uncool. Frankly, I would have let the person bring this info by himself/herself.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:00 am

I think the fact that J.J. brought it up in the first place and that Daisy named John as the culprit shows that it's just a funny story now and there's no hard feelings over it. It's probably something they joke about a lot.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by whisperingwillow Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:01 am

He left a script where it could be taken... tbh them ribbing him over it is nothing to me. That is just my personal opinion.
whisperingwillow
whisperingwillow

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:06 am

The Enduring, Intergalactic Cool of Billy Dee Williams

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Lando10

(...) So is this the end of Lando? Williams says he doesn't know exactly how the story ends for his hero. He loved the scripts he read, he's proud of the work he did, but, "another thing about movies, there’s a lot of editing and cutting," he says, laughing as he eats a cup of passion-fruit sorbet with a shot of vodka poured on top. For me: a double espresso with Grand Marnier that he insisted I try (I didn’t sleep that night).

By this time, we're both warm from the hours of drinking—I'm astonished I was able to keep up with Billy Dee Williams, even if he's 82 years old. And before he says goodbye, he wants to sign one more autograph in a long day of doing just that. He realizes that during the shoot and convention, where everyone was clamoring for his name, written by his own hand on a piece of paper, I never asked for one. That's not my style, I tell him, this dinner and story is memento enough. He grabs my notebook that I haven't opened once during dinner, signs his name with the note, "Nothing but the truth." And he gives me a hug.

Back to the question at hand though: Is this the end for Lando Calrissian? Williams has an answer in his own wry way.

It’s a conclusion—certainly it depends on how much money is generated. That’s when they determine where’s the conclusion,” he says with a wink. “The one thing about show business, you can resurrect anything.”

I didn't post the entire interview, because he doesn't talk much about TROS, but I have to say, that I loved his interview. BDW is such a nice person.

Read the interview here.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://parthenoninruins.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:07 am

nickandnora wrote:I think the fact that J.J. brought it up in the first place and that Daisy named John as the culprit shows that it's just a funny story now and there's no hard feelings over it. It's probably something they joke about a lot.
@nickandnora

I had the same feeling, that this became a joke. And, lets be honest, it was kinda careless of him.
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:34 am

@reylo1992 Yeah, I think the novelization indicated Palpatine was aware of Snoke, which seems like a non-minor detail. I always wondered what the connection there was. Maybe Snoke is an awkward thing they want to forget, but it feels more like the films, EU, and interviews are deliberately avoiding him because they're hiding something. Rian claimed he had a full backstory, which Andy Serkis knew as well. I was never into the crazy Snoke theories, the answer is, like many things in the ST, much simpler and more straightforward, but I do sense there's something more.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 11:13 am

Premiere (French Magazine), December Issue:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w72
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w73
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w71

Fotogramas (Spanish Magazine), December Issue:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w75
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w74

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w14
Translation: JJ: "Obviously to get the title you have to see the film. I can only say it's very fitting. We thought about it a lot"

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w80
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w81
Translation: Jannah is an ambidextrous warrior.
BDW: "I normally don't like to see myself [on camera]"
Naomi: "The ideal is for us to arrive at a point where we don't need to talk about diversity [in terms of failed representation], however, today, it's still part of the conversation."

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w83
Translation: "I always saw Rey and Finn as something platonic, he has his eyes on another, and same thing happens to Rey"- John Boyega
"Rey still has hope to change Kylo Ren, and that's what's wonderful about Star Wars. It trust the individual and their power to change"- Daisy Riddley

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w16
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w84
Translation: Daisy (about the red lightsaber she brandishes): "It weighted a lot which made it difficult to maneuver but it was an amazing experience"
Daisy again: “The term 'Mary Sue' to describe my character is sexist. Luke's journey is very similar to Rey's and no one criticized it"

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w87
Translation: Driver, "I'm avoiding [presumably TROS press] until the movie premieres"
Joonas said his goodbye speech in costume, with his 14-mo baby in his arms. Daisy said goodbye to filming in the same day John, Naomi and Joonas and remembers all the crying going on.

John took home his full costume from both TFA and TROS home.
BDW says that he received a whiskey bottle from the same year ANH was filmed, given by producer Callum Greene.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w86
Translation: JJ once again emphasizes how a lot of the planets, aliens and costumes we see in TROS are practical effects.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w85
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w88

Translation: Daisy:
"People will like it, or not. Each viewer is its own world and has its own experiences. But JJ has been able to weave the nine movies in one for both the newer fans and lifelong ones, he's weaved an emotional tapestry for all."
She also has a green belt in kickboxing!

Source: sleemo_, premiere, @fotogramas_es, softboykylo, Yotomatics
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Tue 26 Nov 2019, 12:30 pm

I finally read The Princess Diarist a couple months ago and at the time, definitely noticed who Carrie dedicated the book to and thanked in the credits.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Ecrxaf10

IIRC around the time before and after she died, there were quotes from Trevorrow about how he and his writing partner were going to finish the script "even if it kills us" by the end of 2016. When she passed and there were the obligatory PR quotes from people involved with ST expressing sympathy/respect, there was also one from Trevorrow about how he never got to meet her. Which the further we get into the BTS story being introduced into press for the movies and in releasing TRoS as the final ST/Saga film, that quote becomes more curious. Like we know that Trevorrow had relocated to the UK for pre-production and had some role/interaction when TLJ was in production. They were in the same country/city. Given the chance to at least meet Princess Leia herself, somebody who was a respected script doctor and who had a hand/input into the scripts for the previous two movies, he never had the opportunity to meet her? Which makes this quote from JJ a bit of delicious shade from beyond the grave from Carrie's Force Ghost:

Carrie Fisher Apparently Knew J.J. Abrams Would Direct Final Skywalker Series Film

I wasn't supposed to work on this film," Abrams begins. "She passed away before Last Jedi was released. She wrote this autobiography, The Princess Diarist, and I remember reading in the end, a 'special thanks to J.J, Abrams for putting up with me twice.' I had never worked with her before Force Awakens and I wasn't suppose to direct Episode IX. It was a very Carrie thing to write something like that and to somehow know. It was really strange.

Something had to have been going on. Such as CT not bothering to seek out her input or given those anon quotes after he got canned, he was an arrogant PITA to Rian. But she either knew something or she said something before her death about how he wasn't the person for the job.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 1:19 pm

Les Inrockuptibles (French Magazine), November Issue:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w90Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w89

They call him "a unsettling villain and the best surprise from the new trilogy". The entire article here.

Source: lesinrocks
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 1:34 pm

Rolling Stone, December Issue:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w91

Article inside:

Source: @i_amthe_senate, AdamDriverBRA

PS: Sorry for keeping posting in separate posts, but I believe this way it's easier to read.

Last edited by Atenais on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Tue 26 Nov 2019, 1:50 pm

Imágenes de Actualidad (Spanish Magazine), December Issue:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w98Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w97

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w17

Source: sleemo_, @reyyjedi
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Tue 26 Nov 2019, 7:01 pm

Atenais wrote:Imágenes de Actualidad (Spanish Magazine), December Issue:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w98Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w97

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w17

Source: sleemo_, @reyyjedi
@Atenais

Love this! I love you
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Tue 26 Nov 2019, 8:57 pm

Was there this much foreign language press for TLJ? In just a couple days we've gotten a French thing, a German thing, and two Spanish things. Was there a Portuguese thing at one point too? The whole world is just so on point this week in SW.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 6:31 am

reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:16 am

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 B2023b10

Ugh. What’s going to break our hearts JJ??? I have a feeling it’s Leia, but I really don’t want her to die Crying or Very sad
Cowgirlsamurai
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:23 am

Cowgirlsamurai wrote:Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 B2023b10

Ugh. What’s going to break our hearts JJ??? I have a feeling it’s Leia, but I really don’t want her to die Crying or Very sad
@Cowgirlsamurai
I agree, I think it's going to be Leia Crying or Very sad
There are more quotes from that magazine here: https://twitter.com/achlotter/status/1199697005037137921
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 27 Nov 2019, 9:40 am

Atenais wrote:Premiere (French Magazine), December Issue:

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_w72

More pics:

Translated interview

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Star_110

Keep reading:

Source: sleemo_, achlotter
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrylipstick Wed 27 Nov 2019, 10:35 am

DAISY!!!  WTH  ROFL

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 Cc0bbb7808d169e02101427f4c13a77ab2a8c98a
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 6eda72affdfd3f1ca9570a7a7a56c1d049b85701
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 70cafac749f73e246fc4be4f24bf6be25279f6bc
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 5de58258c9c00c14c4b52676d6b572ee6732e5b4

From tumblr
cherrylipstick
cherrylipstick

https://cherrylipstick85.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Wed 27 Nov 2019, 11:55 am

LOL Daisy, please, I'm too immature for this.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Atenais Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:51 pm

ZioRen wrote:LOL Daisy, please, I'm too immature for this.
@ZioRen

We can complain a lot about Daisy not fully supporting Reylo, but we can't say she isn't a cute pie. She is so lovely. <3
Atenais
Atenais
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood Moon Wed 27 Nov 2019, 4:10 pm

Interview with JJ.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a29960539/jj-abrams-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-interview-toxic-fandom-knights-of-ren-baby-yoda/

Just a snippet about the Knights of Ren:

I mean, they’re best kept more mysterious than familiar, which is just to say there aren’t going to be a lot of scenes with them taking their masks off and hanging out and eating sandwiches, but it felt like I definitely wanted to see more of them than we had, and I felt happy that we got a chance to do that in this movie.
Blood Moon
Blood Moon
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Wed 27 Nov 2019, 4:55 pm

Thanks @Blood Moon for sharing. Good interview.

Every SW fan should read that part. I couldn’t agree more with him that you don’t have to love and agree with every bit of something to love it as a whole. Learn to enjoy what you like and disregard the rest.

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Press Tour & Interviews - Page 14 8a7c2710
SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno Wed 27 Nov 2019, 5:22 pm

There is another final question from another interview but I can't seem to know how to post the link:
It's about what makes Star Wars cool according to J.J, where he mentions love stories..... bounce

"Oh by the way, I almost forgot love stories. It's normal. We seek, hope, order and purpose in our lives. The most ordinary of all of us can be the hero. If that's not cool, then I don't know what else to say." Very Happy

Yes love stories people! I love you  Wink
tukicarreno
tukicarreno
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next